PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Airlines

March 22nd, 2009, 10:31
... have an offer to fly to Kuala Lumpur for ┬г399 April to June, and as of today, they weren't fully booked and lots of dates available, the flight to BKK on Malaysia was ┬г418 (all in), if you travelled mid week. This is from Heathrow by the way, I suspect it is in direct competition with Air Asia's flights to KL.

I suspect other airlines are offering similar deals. But aint seen Thai Airways doing anything cheap.

Smiles
March 29th, 2009, 13:32
Cathay Pacific has flights offered at $1121 return Vancouver/Bangkok/Vancouver.
This airline has always been considered very high on the list of Great Airlines, and up until now, also high on the list of Expensive Airlines. Not any more, at least on price.
The downside to the Cathay flights from YVR is the 13+ hour non-stop first leg to Hong Kong ... that's approaching my personal limit.
But they fly nice brand new B777's and the service on Cathay has always been rated exceptional. Might give it a chance one of these days.

China Airlines and Korea Air also come up a few dollars cheaper, but for the extra few bucks I think I'd choose Cathay.

Sen Yai
March 29th, 2009, 15:07
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MHofferforWD.jpg

March 30th, 2009, 01:27
Sen Yai:

I did'nt actually put in post that I was referring to Heathrow to KL "return flight". The flight in the advert you refer to said London to Kuala Lumpur from ┬г225. I have not checked out this flight, but I suspect it is a one way flight, they are quite good at doing that. I will let you check it out on Malaysia Airlines internet site. Happy cruising.