PDA

View Full Version : Thai Marines in Training

thrillbill
March 22nd, 2009, 09:18
Poor guys, these lean machines need some pampering and I'd be one to do it. They can do their "fried egg" on ME. :salute:

March 22nd, 2009, 15:03
easy.....1000 baht per fuck.

jimnbkk
March 22nd, 2009, 17:27
hmmm. if eating rice off the bottom of an overturned boat is considered a tough task, wonder what other "tough tasks" they are required to perform. Cavorting naked on the deck of a ship and putting their shirts on to keep from burning their butt on the deck of a ship isn't exactly the sort of training a marine should be proud of I think.

Dodger
March 22nd, 2009, 19:27
Interesting...no mention at all of any real combat training, unless that excercise where they're all wearing holloween masks is preparing them for doing battle with space aliens.

kittyboy
March 22nd, 2009, 22:08
God I love men in training. Thanks for sharing Fatman -

It reminds me of when I lived in San Diego and was swimming on a masters team in Coranado, which is just accross the bay from San Diego. The pool where we swam was just up the street from the strand. The strand was basically a long beach. The US Navy Seals did training at the strand. Those Seals had the hottest bodies. I have fond memories of parking at the beach and checking out the Seals in training as they toted huge logs about on their shoulders and swam about in the water and got screamed at by their superior officers. Nothing like physical and mental abuse to toughen up the potential killer.

I think the point of the physical and mental training was (or is) to toughen up the guys. To inflict lots of mental and physical discomfort on them to weed out those who would give up under harsh conditions.

March 23rd, 2009, 00:53
Interesting...no mention at all of any real combat training

Nothing like physical and mental abuse to toughen up the potential killer.

I think the point of the physical and mental training was (or is) to toughen up the guys. To inflict lots of mental and physical discomfort on them to weed out those who would give up under harsh conditions.

Well spotted, Dodger. Strange that neither the British SAS (or the more recently formed SRR's predecessors) stopped such "sickeners" decades ago, both in selection and training; maybe they are training for different conditions. To be fair, similar photos could probably have been taken in most military units in most countries, although this appears to be officially sanctioned and routine. One can only speculate which country's military influenced this type of training ......

kittyboy
March 23rd, 2009, 01:33
Interesting...no mention at all of any real combat training

Nothing like physical and mental abuse to toughen up the potential killer.

Well spotted, Dodger. Strange that neither the British SAS (or the more recently formed SRR's predecessors) stopped such "sickeners" decades ago, both in selection and training; maybe they are training for different conditions. To be fair, similar photos could probably have been taken in most military units in most countries, although this appears to be officially sanctioned and routine. One can only speculate which country's military influenced this type of training ......

Hey Go Fuckyourself - Are you now an expert on military training?
Maybe you can contact the DOD (US Department of Defense) and offer up you insights.
God you are self-imprtant.

Khor tose
March 23rd, 2009, 02:20
Maybe you can contact the DOD (US Department of Defense) and offer up you insights.

Actually he is an expert on military training, and the "Go Fuckyourself" is getting old. It is kind of sad and childish that all your have to contribute is personal attacks. I served in the military for four years and I had the same question as dodger and GF, what is your experience, or are you just in these forums to insult people?

kittyboy
March 23rd, 2009, 03:05

Actually he is an expert on military training, and the "Go Fuckyourself" is getting old. It is kind of sad and childish that all your have to contribute is personal attacks. I served in the military for four years and I had the same question as dodger and GF, what is your experience, or are you just in these forums to insult people?

Sad and childish? No no.... Happy and childish thank you very much.
After I hear an endless stream of self proclaimed expertises I doubt the person is an expert on anything.
I also served in the military. I was in the US Navy for 4 years. Does that make me or does your military experience make you an expert on military training of special forces? My Navy experience made me an expert on drinking and whoring.

I thought the name changing was all in good fun... I am pissyboy and he is Go Fuckyourself.... Boo Hoo if GF likes to tweak others login ids but gets all sob sister when others do it - are you his mouth piece?

And yes I am here to insult people who are self-important.

Khor tose
March 23rd, 2009, 03:19

I was army, we were not trained that way and I am sure the navy was not trained the way the Thai marines are being trained. You do not have to be an expert to see that the Thai Marine's training is weird.

I'm sorry kittyboy but it sounds like what you really mean is that your here to insult people who know more then you do. Sounds like you are going to be very busy.

kittyboy
March 23rd, 2009, 03:31

I was army, we were not trained that way and I am sure the navy was not trained the way the Thai marines are being trained. You do not have to be an expert to see that the Thai Marine's training is weird.

I'm sorry kittyboy but it sounds like what you really mean is that your here to insult people who know more then you do. Sounds like you are going to be very busy.

I was not trained that way either, but I was not a SEAL or in Special Operations.
If stories about Navy SEAL training are true, the US Navy SEALs are trained in a similar fashion.
Insult people who know more than myself? How is it possible another person could or would know more than me?
Hmmm... I think your premise is wrong.
No... I am pretty sure I insult people who are self-important.

netrix
March 23rd, 2009, 04:01
i was in the boyscouts. can i tell you about my training? :bounce:

Khor tose
March 23rd, 2009, 04:40
i was in the boyscouts. can i tell you about my training? :bounce:

Yes, please provide graphic descriptions. :cheers:

March 23rd, 2009, 09:11
Anybody know any cruising places in Sattahip?

March 23rd, 2009, 15:42
In fairness to the Royal Thai military it should be pointed out that although the Bangkok Post report is correct, it only tells part of the story. The pictures are not of Thai Marine training or hazing/initiation, but are of part of the selection process for Navy SEALS (the elite of the Thai military and their US equivalent) from alreadynfully trained marines.

The process was copied directly from the US military and is often carried out with their assistance, although the US SEALS have removed a lot of the humiliation element from their own selection process, as part of US foreign military assistance. Interestingly, in the light of the current discussion of rehabilitation programmes, it shows how even outwardly similar cultures (US and British) use totally different methods and programmes as it differs totally from that used by the British equivalent (the SAS, SBS and SRR) and Commonwealth forces, such as Australia and New Zealand.

The Thai/US system uses encouragement and fear (of physical pain, degradation and humiliation) in roughly equal amounts, from both their peers and their training staff, in order to select, motivate and prepare volunteers for the demands of Special Forces operations. While similar methods may be used in the normal British military, officially or unofficially, it is notably absent from all British Special Forces selection and training, where the only motivation is self-motivation and, at least during selection, there is a marked absence of any encouragement whatsoever from training staff and the only "fear" is a fear of failure.

The differences, unsurprisingly, go deeper than just selection and training methods, and there is also a marked outward difference in the individual, both mentally and physically: US Special Forces tend to be in the Schwarzenegger/Rambo mould (large, muscle-bound, shaven-headed iron-pumpers) who are brash extroverts, while their British equivalent, on the other hand, tend to have swimmers' or cross-country runners' builds, be long-haired, and quiet (even introvert). Despite this, both have and do work closely together on combined operations, notably most recently in Afghanistan.

That Thailand has Navy SEALS at all, bearing in mind their cost as they are equipment heavy and very task specific, as well as an aircraft-less aircraft carrier that has yet to leave port, when they have not actually been involved in open warfare for the best part of a millennium, says a great deal about the influence and relative importance of the military in Thailand.

March 23rd, 2009, 15:47
I was in the US Navy for 4 years. Does that make me or does your military experience make you an expert on military training of special forces? My Navy experience made me an expert on drinking and whoring.

In Khor tose's case, actually yes it does (at least during that period in which he served with them). In my own, I prefer anonymity and for my posts to stand on their own merits.

March 23rd, 2009, 17:05
HTMS Chakri Naruebethas has left port on several occasions, but is usually docked in Satthaip Naval base due to the operating costs.

200,000 baht just to start the engines. .....And apart from a visit to Phuket on the way to Sattahip, and a couple of brief trips round the bay to have her photo taken, she has gone to .... ?

March 24th, 2009, 08:43
More erroneous blather from GF...

Marsilius
March 24th, 2009, 15:04
Reminds me of the time I was on holiday in Fethiye, on Turkey's south coast. Strolling through town, I turned a corner and found... a snake-like queue of several hundred muscular 18 year olds, all reporting for army service. All that any of them was wearing was just a pair of skimpy briefs (no all-concealing boxers then) because they were lining up - right there in the open air on a normal street in the middle of town - for their medical examinations! Of course, after taking plenty of pictures (just tourist shots, of course - but those darned boys would keep getting into the frame!) perhaps I ought to have offered my services to help get the queue moving a little faster. One of those rare occasions when fantasy becomes reality...

gra46
March 24th, 2009, 15:42
Some one change the kitty litter pissyboy just full of shit

March 24th, 2009, 16:45
Just clarifying your comment that the ship had never left port - not quite accurate.

As a result of Typhoon Cida, the Royal Thai Navy had to rescue flood victims in southern Thailand provinces .... they carried over 9,000 sets of survival kits, rice, dried food for the survivors ..... led by 4 helicopters and 30 flat-bottom boats, helped save many flood victims following Typhoon Cida.

You're quite right, Fatts, I should have been more accurate (particularly as I have to admit I would probably have picked someone else up for a similar error). Mea Culpa (sorry, I mean my mistake!)

I think you would probably agree, though, that this must have been an incredibly expensive and totally pointless way of getting the helicopters and supplies there - the elicopters could, after all, have flown there far more quickly and the other equipment could have gone by road! According to my friend Jane (!) she is either the smallest aircraft carrier in the world (along with her Spanish sister ship) and one of the cheapest (a mere $175,000,000) or one of the most expensive and worst designed helicopter carriers ever - due to the take-off ramp, helicopters cannot land on a lot of the deck; to equip her with half a dozen Sea Harriers and retro-fit weapons systems (at the moment she has none at all) would cost nearly as much as she cost to purchase. Nevertheless, I gather she impresses the schoolchildren no end!!

Beachlover
April 16th, 2009, 08:59
Haha... they seem to spend a lot time naked. Hot!

Lots of homoerotic moments here...