PDA

View Full Version : Reporting 90 days by post

March 20th, 2009, 20:19
For those that report their 90 by post I have received the following notice after sending to Bangkok (as per the Immigration internet site). It appears that you must report to your nearest Immigration Centre in future.
The notice is as follows.......

"According to the Immigration Order No 38/2552 issued on February 5,2009 and being effective from February 15,2009, regarding the specific zone for submission of application in connection with the Immigration Act, Bangkok Immigraton Division is responsable and authorized for the applicant, residing only in Bangkok. In case of other applicant, not residing in Bangkok, he/she must contact the particular Immigration Office/Checkpoint located in the area as specified in the above mentioned order. Thus, next time you have to contact...."

They added by hand the office that I need to send my application in future.

TOQ
March 21st, 2009, 06:30
I filed mine by post on the 9th and it was a first for me. Where I live now the closest Immigration office is about 160Km away and takes almost 3 hours to get there.. Im a little concerned now since I still dont have a reply from them. My luck its gotten lost and I will have to pay a fine for not reporting on time.

john

March 21st, 2009, 12:17
Can anyone tell me what room you can go to to get a tourist visa converted to a Non-Immigrant (B) visa in preparation for a work permit? Bob says it can be done.

March 21st, 2009, 15:26
.... My luck its gotten lost and I will have to pay a fine for not reporting on time.

I've got a nasty feeling you might. The regulations certainly changed last month, as Gordon points out. I do not know the details, but I do know that Pattaya no longer accept reports for Sattahip and vice-versa - potentially awkward for some, as the official Banglamung/Sattahip boundary is actually near Ban Amphur rather than Sattahip, as some might expect.

A flat rate fine of 2,000 baht, if I recall correctly .....

Bob
March 21st, 2009, 18:33
Can anyone tell me what room you can go to to get a tourist visa converted to a Non-Immigrant (B) visa in preparation for a work permit? Bob says it can be done.

No, I've said nothing about work permits. You're incorrect (and lamely stupid at the same time).

March 21st, 2009, 21:17
I filed mine by post on the 9th and it was a first for me. Where I live now the closest Immigration office is about 160Km away and takes almost 3 hours to get there.. Im a little concerned now since I still dont have a reply from them. My luck its gotten lost and I will have to pay a fine for not reporting on time.

john

John
There's a post office tracking on the internet as follows.
You just put in the reference from your postal receipt and you will see where your letter has gone to. It tells you what postal district its been sent to, when its been put out for delivery and then the delivery date with signature - if available.
I printed this out when I thought mine was taking too long, just in case, as proof. They can't say they didn't get it then - but then again, this is Thailand so maybe they can !!

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackin ... px?lang=en (http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en)

March 21st, 2009, 23:12

No, I've said nothing about work permits. You're incorrect (and lamely stupid at the same time).

Oh, Bob. Do I really have to quote your inanities back at you?

Some poor slob was asking if he could get a work permit issued before his 60-day tourist visa ran out. I said he would have to go out of the country anyway, to obtain a non-Immigrant (B), and come back in.

You piped back up by saying he shouldn't listen to what morons on an internet message board say, and that you got your tourist visa into a non-immigrant one simply by waltzing into immigration and asking for one.

Did I get that right, Bob? Who's the moron here, Bob?

Smiles
March 25th, 2009, 10:10
" ... I filed mine by post on the 9th and it was a first for me. Where I live now the closest Immigration office is about 160Km away and takes almost 3 hours to get there.. Im a little concerned now since I still dont have a reply from them. My luck its gotten lost and I will have to pay a fine for not reporting on time ... "
TOQ, below is what the Thai Consulate General in Vancouver has written on it's website. I understand that this is not directly from Thai Immigration, but I've always found their website to be very comprehensive, and the info there has always turned out to be spot on once I get to Thailand.

Seeing as how you are so far away from the nearest Immigration office, you might want to check this out:

"The alien shall report to the competent authority after 90 days in the Kingdom, and report every 90 days thereafter with the immigration officer in the alien's residence area, or report to the police station in the alien's residence area if there is no immigration control there. (In order to report to the competent authority by mail, the alien shall do as follows: Forward the Report Form (To Mo 47) together with a copy of the passport pages showing the alien's photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp and include a self addressed envelop with sufficient postage affixed. This must be forwarded 7 days before the due date. This package should be mailed to the Immigration Bureau, Sathon Tai Road."
<< http://www.thaicongenvancouver.org/cms/ ... &id=121#OA (http://www.thaicongenvancouver.org/cms/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=121#OA) >>

Cheers ...

TrongpaiExpat
March 25th, 2009, 11:11
Nice idea, but I strongly suspect the immigration rules actually say that you must report to the immigration office that covers the area you live in. There is an obscure rule about reporting to the local police or immigration within 24 hours if you temporarly move your place of residence. Recently when I attempted to report a permanent change of address,, no one at Suan Plu immiration office was interested.

I would rather hear about your move than these mind boggling immigrations rules and interpretations. You just moved? You sold a house in this current market? or, you bought a house. Where to where? There's got to be an interesting story there and some good advise for those living in Thailand. I have been renting a condo in central Bangkok for 4 years, moved once. I have noticed that if I am willing to move to the burbs or at least off the BTS/MRT grid the price goes down quite a bit or for the same quality place, I get twice the space for the same price but I am not sure I want to give up being a city dweller and become a Thai Burb-in-ite.

Oh well, up to you, don't want to derail another immigration thread. If you want start a new thread on your move, why and how it all worked out, 'Up to You' or if you don't want to get all that personal, just ignore my suggestion.

March 25th, 2009, 14:22
TOQ, below is what the Thai Consulate General in Vancouver has written on it's website. I understand that this is not directly from Thai Immigration, but I've always found their website to be very comprehensive, and the info there has always turned out to be spot on once I get to Thailand.....

Smiles, that was certainly correct up to February 5th, but from what George has said and what I was told by the Immigration Office in Pattaya this is no longer the case, the rules have changed, and you have to report to the nearest office personally - some offices, however, are apparently "phasing in" the change and telling those applying to another office/posting their applications that the rule will be applied the next time.