PDA

View Full Version : Paddy's Night ? gone off the tracks

giggsy
March 19th, 2009, 12:15
LOL St.Patrick was an englishman (born in Liverpool) who went to Ireland and cleansed the island of all the snakes,even though no evidence as ever been uncovered that there was any snakes there in the 1st place. A true miracle. Or the Irish will believe anything !

jolyjacktar
March 19th, 2009, 14:02
Yeh!!! but enough yanks put money into IRA collections which went to buy guns and bullets to kill British soldiers and other people of Northern Ireland.The yanks were good at " Lets tell the world we hate terrorists" but at the same time lets give them money, so bloody stuff American Paddy day parades and all the shits who fed the IRA with funds. So says i an ex- serviceman.

March 19th, 2009, 14:33
St. Paddy's Day is just an excuse to get drunk. I suggest you all treat it as such, and as nothing more, and go out and get sloshed, since that's all anyone else is doing.

jolyjacktar
March 19th, 2009, 14:47
Yes Fattman some of your points are true and i wouldnt argue about that, however the over whelming majority of Northern Ireland wanted to remain part of the UK. My point is just because some didnt it dont give them the right to kill and blow people up. What about the scum that put the aircraft into the American twin towers, are they freedom fighters for the islamic world would you have put money into there kill fund - no!! so its all right to give the IRA a kill fund thou ehh!!!. Double standards of the yanks ( sorry i dont mean to tar all the people of US with this brush, as lots wouldnt have put money into their stinking kill fund). Its no good telling the world how good and pure you are if on the other hand some of your people are supporting terrorists.

jolyjacktar
March 20th, 2009, 02:32
Fattman i know everybody has their own views on different things and i respect yours, however i will have to differ on several of your points of view, but thats the good thing of living in a free and democratic country. Have a good weekend my friend. :sunny:

giggsy
March 20th, 2009, 03:47
In due course, the republican population in NI will overtake the "loyalist" population, and when that happens, a referendum should be held to decide the future of Ulster.

It has already happened,there is a majority catholic population in NI ,they are not old enough to vote yet..in 10 to 15 years they will be.Unfortunately in 40 to 50 years the majority will be muslim.. now thats another argument

giggsy
March 20th, 2009, 05:53
St. Paddy's Day is just an excuse to get drunk. I suggest you all treat it as such, and as nothing more, and go out and get sloshed, since that's all anyone else is doing.

Originally it was a day to abstain from drinking.But its marvalous what a big brewery and a few million punt can do with advertising.

cottmann
March 21st, 2009, 08:20
LOL St.Patrick was an englishman (born in Liverpool) who went to Ireland and cleansed the island of all the snakes,even though no evidence as ever been uncovered that there was any snakes there in the 1st place. A true miracle. Or the Irish will believe anything !

I presume this answer was tongue in cheek, because neither England (as a name) nor Liverpool (as a place) existed in the 4th century CE when Patrick is reputed to have flourished. It's not known precisely where he was born, other than that he claimed in his "Confession" to have been born in a place called Bannavem of Taburnia, the location of which has never been determined - it could have been on the west coast of Britain, or on the Welsh or northern French coastlines. The snake symbolizes non-Christian teachings - or at least teachings different from the Christianity Patrick is said to have taught, which apparently wasn't the Romanized Christianity believed elsewhere in western Europe.

giggsy
March 22nd, 2009, 03:09

I presume this answer was tongue in cheek, because neither England (as a name) nor Liverpool (as a place) existed in the 4th century CE when Patrick is reputed to have flourished. It's not known precisely where he was born, other than that he claimed in his "Confession" to have been born in a place called Bannavem of Taburnia, the location of which has never been determined - it could have been on the west coast of Britain, or on the Welsh or northern French coastlines. The snake symbolizes non-Christian teachings - or at least teachings different from the Christianity Patrick is said to have taught, which apparently wasn't the Romanized Christianity believed elsewhere in western Europe.

You will be telling us that there is no such things as leprechauns next !!!: :bigsmurf:

ceejay
March 22nd, 2009, 05:24
[attachment=0:1sxtc6sx]Picture 4.jpg[/attachment:1sxtc6sx]
Giggsy, you have no faith

giggsy
March 22nd, 2009, 06:58
[attachment=0:k69gkr1u]Leprechauns_Logo.jpg[/attachment:k69gkr1u]

just found this online.. anyone remember a post about a "woollon gong"? spooky

March 23rd, 2009, 01:29
. Double standards of the yanks ( sorry i dont mean to tar all the people of US with this brush, as lots wouldnt have put money into their stinking kill fund). Its no good telling the world how good and pure you are if on the other hand some of your people are supporting terrorists.

Jack, I think you are confusing official support and turning a blind eye. American support for the IRA came from individual donations and while it may have been (OK, was) ignored by the US authorities it was never officially sanctioned or supported. On the other hand, the US did contribute several billion dollars to fund the Taliban and, indirectly, Al-Qaeda who used some of the facilities of the US built training camps (although the Taliban and Al-Qaeda have totally different aims and are radically different organisations, despite the US trying to connect the two).

Fatts, purely an observation, but the US also funded Noriega and a number of other individuals and organisations which could never, under any circumstances, be called "freedom fighters".