PDA

View Full Version : Bank transfer swift code

gra46
March 19th, 2009, 20:07
I need to send bank transfer to Thailand ...i dont understand this swift code ,i never heard it in Australia..Any help would be appreciated asap

March 19th, 2009, 20:18
Swift code is made up of letters that make up the direction to the bank. Example would be HSBCTHBK. That means the HSBC Thailand Bangkok.
You will have to get the correct code from the bank you are transferring the money to.

gra46
March 19th, 2009, 20:20
Swift code is made up of letters that make up the direction to the bank. Example would be HSBCTHBK. That means the HSBC Thailand Bangkok.
You will have to get the correct code from the bank you are transferring the money to.
yes i have that and accound number how i send the money do i go bank or can i do internet banking

March 19th, 2009, 20:22
Uh...if your internet banking allows you to do it, you can do it by internet banking! If it doesn't, you'll have to go to the bank!

giggsy
March 19th, 2009, 23:12
I need to send bank transfer to Thailand ...i dont understand this swift code ,i never heard it in Australia..Any help would be appreciated asap
I do hope everything is alright gra ? Don't say a buffalo has past away and an urgent replacement is needed ?

March 19th, 2009, 23:49
I do hope everything is all right gra ? Don't say a buffalo has past away and an urgent replacement is needed ?

Might cost you a little bit more but Western Union is fast and safe, plus you can do it on line........All you need is his full name (same as on his ID Card) Western Union will give you a transfer number which you text to him. He can then access the money from all over Thailand usually within the hour using the code you send him and showing his ID.

francois
March 20th, 2009, 00:53
Western Union is cheaper if the amount sent is not great. The break even point varies from country to county, but about $400 USD. If amount sent is substantial then better to go with wire transfer. Also exchange rate with Western Union is about one Baht less then by wire transfer. Not a good idea to do Western Union on line; it can be costly to use a credit card. My experience is best to go to an agent and there are lots of them. Hope this helps.

gra46
March 20th, 2009, 01:34
Might cost you a little bit more but Western Union is fast and safe, plus you can do it on line........All you need is his full name (same as on his ID Card) Western Union will give you a transfer number which you text to him. He can then access the money from all over Thailand usually within the hour using the code you send him and showing his ID.[/quote]

Ok great guys on the website it says i can Pay Western union also so i will do it that way ...

March 20th, 2009, 05:47
Think very carefully about this & then decide to leave your money in Oz.

gra46
March 20th, 2009, 07:59
Think very carefully about this & then decide to leave your money in Oz.
Thanks for your advice but i dont need it

Smiles
March 20th, 2009, 12:12
Ever heard of an ATM machine, ya dumb gollah?

Cheers

gra46
March 20th, 2009, 14:02

Cheers
To transfer money from OZ to Thailand for a deposit on hotel ,prissy you uneducated PRICK

Oh i booked a guide In BKK i think it your BF i wonder what you charge for his off fee ...

Galah :1. an Australian cockatoo, Kakatoe roseicapilla, having rose-colored underparts.
2. Australian. a fool.

Does this help Prissy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lonelywombat
March 20th, 2009, 14:13

Cheers
To transfer money from OZ to Thailand for a deposit on hotel ,prissy you uneducated PRICK

Oh i booked a guide In BKK i think it your BF i wonder what you charge for his off fee ...

Galah :1. an Australian cockatoo, Kakatoe roseicapilla, having rose-colored underparts.
2. Australian. a fool.

Does this help Prissy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What kind of Hotel will not accept credit cards as a deposit

In fact what type of hotel asks for a deposit on the booking. I have never been asked

gra46
March 20th, 2009, 15:16

Cheers

2. Australian. a fool.

Does this help Prissy

What kind of Hotel will not accept credit cards as a deposit

In fact what type of hotel asks for a deposit on the booking. I have never been asked

This one check there website out it states it either a bank transfer or western union ,you want me to scan the western union for you and email it to you to prove it,Keep following Prissy you may just get to blow him in his circle... Why the fuck this board doubt so much
http://junoresidence.com/

March 21st, 2009, 00:13
In my experience, some hotels require deposits, but these are in the minority.

I understand why hotels might do this, but don't feel we should encourage them to request deposits. Pay the deposit if you REALLY want to stay there, but if there's a good alternative hotel then go for the one without the deposit.

Here's one that didn't require a deposit from me:

URL Text (http://www.sundownersinparadise.com/rooms.html)

March 21st, 2009, 08:48
I think the SWIFT code was explained above. Its used for wire transfers and you can find it on the website of the bank you are transfering to.

I have a feeling the Juno request is aimed at people in Thailand. I find it a bit outrageous to demand a deposit by foriegn wire with the additiional fees that entails. I don't know what Australian banks charge but here in the US its hard to find anyone who will do a transfer for less than $30.
Western Union fees are pretty steep too.

Well, hope you enjoy the place!

Smiles
March 21st, 2009, 10:59
Why bother with that hotel if they insist you spend good money (and not a small amount if you actually wire it) on making a reservation.
Find a hotel in Patong (there's only a few thousand!) which accepts a VISA down payment over the net.

If you have a Thai bank account it is easy to transfer money into any other Thai bank account, even though it may be a different bank. This is the way I pay my landlady ... all by ATM.
But I don't think you can do this from a bank in Australia, so you'll have to use a wire transfer. Absolute balderdash. Find another hotel which can make your life easier.

There you are ... I can even give decent advice to a gollah.
Cheers ...

gra46
March 22nd, 2009, 06:54
Why bother with that hotel if they insist you spend good money (and not a small amount if you actually wire it) on making a reservation.
Find a hotel in Patong (there's only a few thousand!) which accepts a VISA down payment over the net.

If you have a Thai bank account it is easy to transfer money into any other Thai bank account, even though it may be a different bank. This is the way I pay my landlady ... all by ATM.
But I don't think you can do this from a bank in Australia, so you'll have to use a wire transfer. Absolute balderdash. Find another hotel which can make your life easier.

There you are ... I can even give decent advice to a gollah.
Cheers ...
Wow ,hang on let me get off the floor ,the shock smiles ,why so civil

Im in Phuket less than 2 weeks so they ask for deposit which i think fair enough ,i couldnt understand why no credit card details ,but it was a bank transfer or western union ,so i send 6000 baht deposit by western union .a fee of 35 AUD occured i dont mind that as i got the promotinal price with a 20% less for a 2 week + stay .
A friend is in Phuket who looked at 3 guesthouse for me said Juno had more to offer than the one i was booked at ...
I hope no one here is shocked i repled civil to an uneducated Prick

March 22nd, 2009, 07:24
isn't juno residence the hotel that the manager has done a runner with all the takings and deposits or is that another hotel in phuket...

gra46
March 22nd, 2009, 07:46
isn't juno residence the hotel that the manager has done a runner with all the takings and deposits or is that another hotel in phuket...
A sentence like that can destroy or harm a bussiness dont you think you should get the facts right before you say something like that,It 6000 baht if that was the case im sure many will know about it when i arrive there ...So please dont bad name any one without being 100% sure .....the ownwer name on the website and i sent it to her so how a manager going to do this without Id ,and if so how long he/she be in a job.....

March 22nd, 2009, 21:13
Will look forward to hearing your review on the establishment.