PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom ex-Googies - report

Patexpat
March 19th, 2009, 15:20
Well finally found time to try this place out this lunchtime ....

On the plus side it is now air conditioned (it now has sliding doors) with a few tables still outside. I had the large English breakfast, very well cooked, tasty and ample portions. My friend ordered scrambled egg and bacon ... that was OK but he was disappointed his bacon was Thai style and not English style.

The downside is that the decor needs at least a clean and preferably a repaint. The walls are empty of the photos and posters that were there before, with screws and nails plainly visible all over the walls and pillars, so a big minus for the ambiance. They need to expunge the ghost of Googie!

We were the only people inside and there was one table occupied outside at 1pm today.

Staff were friendly and efficient, total bill B310.

Narakmak
March 19th, 2009, 19:02
Thanks for the report. Nothing in what you said to encourage people to rush on by. I had a look at the menu. Totally boring. I don't expect them to last a year. Its really insane. Invest in a new restaurant but don't try to do anything new or interesting except for a new sign.

March 19th, 2009, 20:26
Don't expect that the owner (the landlord) will want to lay out too much money to brighten the place up. He'll be trying to recoup some of the rent owed by Googie before he (the landlord) had to take it over.
And where is the Googie man himself now ?? Any sightings?

Patexpat
March 19th, 2009, 22:01
And where is the Googie man himself now ?? Any sightings?

.. they seek him here ... they seek him there .....

March 20th, 2009, 09:28
i ate here once and wasnt overly thriled. for the price i dont think it is the best option.

Khor tose
March 20th, 2009, 10:31
i ate here once and wasnt overly thriled. for the price i dont think it is the best option.

I know you would have enjoyed the food if they offered their specialty. They make a hairy alien stew to die for, and you should really give it a try. However, I would suggest you dine with friends---big friends. :joker:

francois
March 21st, 2009, 00:09
I know you would have enjoyed the food if they offered their specialty. They make a hairy alien stew to die for, and you should really give it a try. However, I would suggest you dine with friends---big friends. :joker:

A hairy alien stew? Hopefully not made from the pubic hair from shaved masseurs or monsieurs? There are several houses of massage in the vicinity.