PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Guest House in Phnom Penh

gearguy
March 14th, 2009, 11:34
Anyone know about this guest house?
gay friendly? problem for joiners?
http://www.aqua-guesthouse.com/aqua-page.php

March 14th, 2009, 19:09
No idea. If no one else can help, it's always worth e-mailing them to ask.

As an alternative, The Manor House Guest House is OK on both counts.

gearguy
March 15th, 2009, 04:11
Investigated some more, gay owned and operated. $5 for an overnight guest, or just book a double.

April 2nd, 2009, 10:53
Just returned from a 6 night stay at the Aqua Boutique Guesthouse in PP. I had originally booked there due to their grand opening special which was offering a Executive Suite at $50 / night.
A little about my experience at Aqua. I had booked online and received immediate response from the manager via e-mail. Within a matter of hrs of my booking I had received a confirmation, a great start. However I was a little apprehensive when I was greeted at the airport by a tuk tuk driver rather than a car. Chalked it down to the Phnom Pehn experience, this was the most cautious driver I have ever had in all of SEA. Arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the manager Virak, check in was a breeze. I was asked if I would have any company joining me during my stay. If so I would be required to check them in, a copy of their ID would be taken for my security. I was informed that no joiners fee would be charged and the rooms come with breakfast for two persons per room.
I was pleasantly surprised when I seen the room, large separate bedroom, sitting room, nice balcony with rattan furniture. ( in conversation with the management there is to be jacuzzi tubs installed on the balcony's at a later date )
This is not a budget hotel, however the charming staff, nicely appointed rooms, good food makes it worth the few extra $. The Aqua is not billed as a Gay Only Hotel, but is more than gay friendly. The owners are gay, the manager is the b/f of one of the partners. They will give you the in site to whats what in the gay scene and will do there best to make your stay most memorable. I am sure you will not be disappointed with your stay.

Brad the Impala
April 6th, 2009, 02:01
Thanks for the recommendation and the details.

Did you meet any fun guys? Always interested to hear gay travel experiences on this forum!

July 20th, 2009, 05:41
Just back from Phnom Phen
I had 5 wonderful nightsтАЩ looks like Cambodia is on the right move for gay
Tourism, I stayed at Aqua it is a new clean very gay friendly hotel
With rooms fit for a Queen he he he.
Plenty of kings out there this is a well appointed hotel most of the staff is gay
The owner and the manager are gay.
I booked on line and within 2 hours all was confirmed, I was told that the pick up services is via tut-tut but ok this is Cambodia and the drive was nice.
Warm welcome at the hotel and a cool beer with the owner and I got all the information that I needed. Joiners must be over 18 years old and must have id
Some of the boys are on record so they donтАЩt hassle the joiner much.

Breakfast is served till 11-30 but even if you wake up at 12-30 thereтАЩs no problem
The owner told me that as from august the restaurant will go Italian.
I was there when the boys came to measure up the Jacuzzis so looks like they will be in soon.
This is not a budget hotel but it is excellent Value for money and it is a real gay friendly hotel.
However this places is getting very popular so book early and tell them you are gay
They offer a better rate to gay clients.

Thanks Aqua and see you again in September

July 20th, 2009, 08:38
Jlooks like Cambodia is on the right move for gay Tourism

You mean gay sex tourism right -- ie., the availability of boy-whores? Yes, i'd say Cambodia is on the "right move".

July 22nd, 2009, 07:44
Thank you for the reply or comment
Please read what I said I said I was in Cambodia not Thailand the land of
Gay sex tourism, the availability of boy-whores
Now if you had a bad trip or if you were paying for some hot toast then you must know better than me.

And if you have such a chip on you back why are you living in Asia?

Yes some boys are on the game but that dose not means they are all like that
In plain reality you find what you go looking for in life so chin up and better luck
With you s-x life.

July 23rd, 2009, 01:29
Maltesers -thank you for your post, which is both informative & interesting.

Ignore the comments by the troll. Sadly it now seems possible to annoy everyone & still retain membership of this forum.