PDA

View Full Version : gay hotel in pattaya

a447
March 11th, 2009, 19:10
Can anyone recommend a gay or gay friendly hotel in Pattaya, preferably with a pool and close to all the action?
I've stayed at the Ambience/Cafe Royale before but want to try some place different.
Is the Marina Inn Plaza hotel any good? Is it close to Boystown? Is their pool open??
I don't want anything too cheap - I like a little comfort!

thrillbill
March 11th, 2009, 19:35
What about Sansuk sauna and guest house?...the rooms, food, and pool are nice...but one has to walk a couple blocks to get to the main street to wave down a baht bus. There is a "shuttle" (right now a motorbike rikshaw) that goes between Sansuk and the Thappraya Road but it is unreiable. www.sansukpattaya.com (http://www.sansukpattaya.com)

March 11th, 2009, 20:01
Welcome Plaza Hotel just over 2nd road from the Pattayaland area.
Not a gay hotel but I know many gay guys have stayed there in the past because it has a pool and the room rates are lower than Boyztown hotels.

Welcome Plaza Hotel (http://www.welcome.co.th/index.htm)

March 11th, 2009, 20:28
I would think there is only one Hotel that comes with in your criteria, this would be The all new, Jomtien Gay Beach Resort, "THE 'VENUE' GAY HOTEL AND SPA" with Swimming Pool. .
http://www.thevenuejomtien.com/residence.html

If you book now you can get a fabulous offer:-
GREAT OPENING OFFER - Arrival until 1st November:
First 100 Reservations only 999 Baht a Night with a complimentary space available upgrade to best available room upon check-in.
(Subject to availability. Minimum 3 night stay up to a maximum of 7 nights)

"Your be amazed how they do it for the Money"

Even though The Sansuk is very good, but a lot more expensive.
And quite a way from the beach.

thrillbill
March 11th, 2009, 20:40
I would think there is only one Hotel that comes with in your criteria, this would be The all new, Jomtien Gay Beach Resort, "THE 'VENUE' GAY HOTEL AND SPA" with Swimming Pool. .
http://www.thevenuejomtien.com/residence.html

If you book now you can get a fabulous offer:-
GREAT OPENING OFFER - Arrival until 1st November:
First 100 Reservations only 999 Baht a Night with a complimentary space available upgrade to best available room upon check-in.
(Subject to availability. Minimum 3 night stay up to a maximum of 7 nights)

"Your be amazed how they do it for the Money"

Even though The Sansuk is very good, but a lot more expensive.
And quite a way from the beach.

?????? I thought the Venue isn't open yet

/

March 11th, 2009, 20:43
THE VENUE, 'GAY HOTEL RESORT', COMPLEX, is OPEN in Only a few weeks, an all new shining Gay Star.
Waiting to shine. :sunny:

jinks
March 11th, 2009, 21:16
an all new shining Gay Star.

Ask R to answer the phone or reply to my txt thank you.

netrix
March 12th, 2009, 00:11

The Marriott (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pyxmc-pattaya-marriott-resort-and-spa/) is only a couple of blocks from Boyztown. Not cheap.
I've stayed there a number of times. Never a problem with joiners or anything.
Worth the money. Practically everywhere in Pattaya is gay friendly.

Tim Boutique Hotel (http://www.timboutiquehotel.com) is next to the Avenue shopping center. Very nice.
Much less expensive than the Marriott. Walking distance to Boyztown.

Both hotels have very nice pools.

Sansuk is NOT close to all the action, and as for a place to stay, the beds are
very uncomfortable. Seriously uncomfortable. I'm in my 30's, not overweight
and it was unbearable. I considered sleeping on the floor. (not kidding) I checked
out the next morning and went to Tim Boutique because the Marriott was booked.
I like Sansuk as a sauna but not as a hotel/guest house. Nice pool tho, hang out
there in the afternoon/early evening...but get a hotel room elsewhere.

The Venue is not open and nobody has an honest clue when it will be for sure.

Welcome Plaza has mixed reviews online. It's definitely in the "too cheap"
category. I haven't stayed there but a friend did and they didn't like it. People
who like it say its a good choice because it's inexpensive. This is from TripAdvisor.com:

When I arrived at the hotel, I was very disappointed. The outside of the building looked really nice but the rooms are some thing else. Very poor maintenance. The towels looked like they came from some cheap hostel. The room did not come with a hair dryer, and When I requested House keeping, they said they did not have any. A tray with dirty plates and left overs was left on a table near the elevators, and it was still there two days later. The beds were in bad shape, and the carpet looked like it was not shampooed in years. I don't know if my expectations were too high, but I really think a 3 star hotel should be in a better condition.
Please check out more before booking this hotel..

Marina Inn Plaza ... I have not stayed there but I've seen it. It's not far from
Sunee and Boyztown. Here's the MAP of the hotel location. (http://www.marinainnplaza.com/location.htm)
Call or email them to find out about the pool.
Phone: +66 (0)38 429 232
Email: marinainnplaza@yahoo.com

The Marriott gets my vote for what you describe you're looking for. And I'm not
the only fan. It's ranked #10 out of 232 hotels in all of Pattaya!

March 12th, 2009, 01:58
Marina Inn Plaza ... I have not stayed there but I've seen it. It's not far from
Sunee and Boyztown. Here's the MAP of the hotel location. (http://www.marinainnplaza.com/location.htm)
Call or email them to find out about the pool.
Phone: +66 (0)38 429 232
Email: marinainnplaza@yahoo.com

i have stayed there yes it is close to Boyztown and it is in Sunee. They do not have a pool the local authorities made them close it of because young street kid were sleeping in it. It is OK to stay there if you are just looking for somewhere cheap.

giggsy
March 12th, 2009, 08:34
sansuk video on utube

[youtube:28jrmsqe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JedEd6Em9MM[/youtube:28jrmsqe]

March 12th, 2009, 08:40

Is the Venue on the beach? If not, how far away exactly?

latintopxxx
March 12th, 2009, 08:48
beach bunny wrote

"Don't see what the problem is. If they're shaking their booty at Tawan, they're doing so publicly. They don't have bags over their heads (though I wish some of the patrons did)

-beach bunny....you'r evil.......

March 12th, 2009, 10:16

Is the Venue on the beach? If not, how far away exactly?[/quote

Yes that is a legitimate question, about the all New VENUE GAY HOTEL RESORT, as they say on many a Hotel Blurb, Only Footsteps from the Beach,

Or you can just relax with your Friends by the Pool and be spoilt with out worrying about sta8s pointing at you, with your Boy special, you can see the beach out of your Suit/Room window, from the back, but in reality, it is about 2 blocks from the Gay Beach and that will take you about 5 minutes to walk, so how pleasant to stroll to the beach on a wonderful sunny morning and that is nearly every morning in Pattaya, all around you there is a Gay Complex, with Many Gay Bars and Restaurants.

As for Marriot very nice if you are not bringing back any one under 21 they are very strict about Joiners and charge a fee also.

March 12th, 2009, 10:19
How many footsteps, exactly, between the door of the hotel and the sand?

And when is that pool due to be finished? In time for the star-studded opening extravaganza? If so, it should be just about complete now. Perhaps some photos (actual photos, please, not "artist impression" photos of some other pool probably thousands of miles away) would be in order. Surely?

March 12th, 2009, 10:51
try this...
http://www.pattayapassion.com/index.php ... modations/ (http://www.pattayapassion.com/index.php/2009/01/16/accommodations/)

March 12th, 2009, 11:04

And when is that pool due to be finished? In time for the star-studded opening extravaganza? If so, it should be just about complete now. Perhaps some photos (actual photos, please, not "artist impression" photos of some other pool probably thousands of miles away) would be in order. Surely?

Yes its great to hear the enthusiasm in your voice as many are at the thought of at last an all Gay Hotel complex we can all enjoy with Stage shows Friendly people running it and a Meeting point for a before dinner drink.

You are right the GAY VENUE HOTEL RESORT, is well on the way to its completion and what more could you expect as all the work is being undertaken by one of the Best GERMAN Builders in Thailand, so as you would expect it will be like moving into a New Mercedes Car.

The Pictures will be shown to us all as soon as they are ready, in the next few weeks, unless something unfortunate happens, 'The is Thailand' but at this time, everything is not only on time but in advance of it, the pool is adjoining the Hotel.

Hope to see you there. Your know me, IтАЩm the one with the Hermes Scarf and the Jackie O Sun Glasses, sipping on my Bollie. :sunny:

Alf wrote:
try this...
http://www.pattayapassion.com/index.php ... modations/

I cant see the point of this Post, we are talking about Hotels and Guest Houses with Swimming Pools, and The VENUE GAY RESORT has it all, plus something extra, an amazing Show bar, Entertainment Complex, with a lift to all floors.

March 12th, 2009, 11:14
try this...
http://www.pattayapassion.com/index.php ... modations/ (http://www.pattayapassion.com/index.php/2009/01/16/accommodations/)

I cant see the point of this Post, we are talking about Hotels and Guest Houses with Swimming Pools, and The VENUE GAY RESORT has it all, plus something extra, an amazing Show bar, Entertainment Complex, with a lift to all floors.

March 12th, 2009, 11:32
You haven't answered my question about how many "steps" it is from the hotel to the beach. I would genuinely like to know.

March 12th, 2009, 11:36
[Author: Beach Bunny ┬╗ Wed 11 Mar, 2009 11:32 pm

You haven't answered my question about how many "steps" it is from the hotel to the beach. I would genuinely like to know.end quote.]

Yes Miss Bunny, as you seem to have sooooo much time on your hands, please feel free to count them, thats if you can put one foot in front of the other with out falling over :joker:

TrongpaiExpat
March 12th, 2009, 12:04
Sorry, but given LMTU's track record and obnoxious posts, I am getting a bad taste in my mouth for The Venue. and don't think I'll be booking there anytime soon. Maybe after it's open for a while and some normal posters write a few reviews, I'll reconsider.

netrix
March 12th, 2009, 12:07
As for Marriot very nice if you are not bringing back any one under 21 they are very strict about Joiners and charge a fee also.

Absolutely untrue on all counts. 21? hogwash! Joiners fee? NEVER IN 4 YEARS STAYING THERE. Where did you get your erroneous information?

As for how many steps from The Venue to the beach...
it doesn't matter because it's not open!

March 12th, 2009, 13:39

Absolutely untrue on all counts. 21? hogwash! Joiners fee? NEVER IN 4 YEARS STAYING THERE. Where did you get your erroneous information?

As for how many steps from The Venue to the beach...
it doesn't matter because it's not open!

Oh dear who is speaking Porky Pies, Mr. Hogwash. if you like to ring them, as I have just confirmed with the Montien Hotel

900 baht is the fee for all joiners over 21. I do my home work, here is the number:-

Montien Hotel Pattaya
Pattaya 2nd Road, Pattaya City (Central), Chonburi 20150 Thailand.
Tel. (66 38) 428-155

If I was you guys, I would wait a few weeks 'APRIL' till the VENUE GAY RESORT is Open, all new and fresh and 999 baht if you book early, your be made welcome there, NO JOINERS FEE and you can be quite happy to show off your joiners, to other Guests around the Swimming pool, while the Hotel staff pamper you.

Have a wonderful stay and I hope you watch out for or dont trip over, all those guyz footsteeping to, The local gay beach next door.

March 12th, 2009, 14:00
The local gay beach isn't next door, and I'd guess its about 1000 steps. I've got very tired of this overhyping and will be sure to also avoid The Venue on my next visit to Jomtien.

Cocky doesn't seem to understand that gushing exaggeration is very off putting to many of us and is counter productive.

Wow thanks for reading them all, you must be a secret fan really???

What a shame a lot of others seem to love this Info, cant please everyone I suppose.

Oh dear fattman even though it is not the sort of Hotel you would stay any way, its a bit of Honest 'tongue in cheek' fun, only answering a few queries a few guyz have, I'm sure you do have a good sense of humor really, may be just a bad day.

Good luck where you stay, any way, I love your posts.:sunny:

March 12th, 2009, 14:15
Oh dear who is speaking Porky Pies, Mr. Hogwash. if you like to ring them, as I have just confirmed with the Montien Hotel

900 baht is the fee for all joiners over 21. I do my home work, here is the number:-

Montien Hotel Pattaya
Tel. (66 38) 428-155

Brilliant detective work, Sherlock, but we were talking about the Marriott (weren't we?).

lonelywombat
March 12th, 2009, 14:17
The local gay beach isn't next door, and I'd guess its about 1000 steps. I've got very tired of this overhyping and will be sure to also avoid The Venue on my next visit to Jomtien.

Cocky doesn't seem to understand that gushing exaggeration is very off putting to many of us and is counter productive.

You are right it is not a few steps I have stayed at Poseiden on a number of occasions and the walk down to the beach is fine
but the late afternoon walk home a drag In fact when it is hot and there is no shade, and slightly up hill, it is bordering on unpleasant. Before LMTU starts throwing his usual shit around with someone that does not agree with him, I am considered very fit for my age, I walk 5 miles[8k] per day and at 183cm and 81kg am not considered overweight.

Patexpat
March 12th, 2009, 14:21
Yes, I think I'll be joining the 'Avoid The Venue on principle' club also ....

Patexpat
March 12th, 2009, 14:27
Cocky doesn't seem to understand

nothing else to add!

March 12th, 2009, 14:33
A "beach resort" that is at least a kilometer from the beach. Indeed.

Add me to the list of those who are permanently turned off The Venue by Buttalicky's gushing hyperbole. Will he be advertising Thailand's tastiest hamburger next, one wonders?

Smiles
March 12th, 2009, 16:19
Looks like a half dozen or so members here will be avoiding The Venue on general principle ... i.e. the principle that LMTU/Cockalickme is recommending it.
Wow, what a favour he's doing for The Venue. I wonder whether they appreciate it?

Cheers ...

lonelywombat
March 12th, 2009, 16:56

Wow thanks for reading them all, you must be a secret fan really???

What a shame a lot of others seem to love this Info, cant please everyone I suppose.

Oh dear fattman even though it is not the sort of Hotel you would stay any way, its a bit of Honest 'tongue in cheek' fun, only answering a few queries a few guyz have, I'm sure you do have a good sense of humor really, may be just a bad day.

Good luck where you stay, any way, I love your posts.:sunny:

Neither of us know, Cocky, whether its my type of hotel or not, as it has not opened yet. I may have liked it a lot but you have put me right off.

I'd like to suggest, instead of trying to get lots of free publicity, you place a paid ad on SGT for The Venue - I'm sure Spike would be glad of the income.

OMG do you mean money All LMTU gets is a free room, some drinks and maybe a free meal/How is he going to afford an advert if the owners cannot . BTW it is opposite Montys or where he used to be. Interesting as to what Monty is doing now.

netrix
March 13th, 2009, 00:07
900 baht is the fee for all joiners over 21. I do my home work, here is the number:
Montien Hotel Pattaya
Tel. (66 38) 428-155

Brilliant detective work, Sherlock, but we were talking about the Marriott (weren't we?).

EXACTLY! The Marriott is adjacent to Royal Garden shopping center.
Pattaya Marriott┬о Resort & Spa
218 M.10 Beach Road Pattaya
20260 Thailand
Phone: 66 38 412120

joe552
March 13th, 2009, 03:27
I wouldn't normally stay in Jomtien anyway, preferring the Welcome Plaza, but after this, I wouldn't be dragged to The Venue.

For the OP, the Welcome Plaza is a 'cheap' hotel, abour 850Bt per night. It has a great pool area, is close (2 minutes) to Boyztown and close to shopping and Pattaya beach. It's not gay exactly, but there's never a problem with bringing a boy back and no joiner's fee.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 13th, 2009, 08:07

I've paced it out..exactly 3441 !

but that's me of course. Not always steady on my feet.

If that's too many perhaps they would consider moving the hotel closer to the beach..do let them know in time though before they finish the pool.

Do you need to know how many tiles will be in the pool ?

jimnbkk
March 13th, 2009, 09:41
The Venue is still a shell. It's no where near ready or even looking close to being ready. Remember, this is Thailand, and completion of anything anywhere's near to a "schedule" is unheard of. (Ocean 1 Tower construction being the most current bad example). My advice is ignore Cocky's inane raving, and make a reservation at a hotel that is already open. Poseidan comes to mind.

And, NO, I will not count the steps to the beach.

March 13th, 2009, 09:53
If that's too many perhaps they would consider moving the hotel closer to the beach..do let them know in time though before they finish the pool.

Do you need to know how many tiles will be in the pool ?

is that another olympic pool?

bing
March 13th, 2009, 10:08
Guys, I have been somewhat amused by the great interest in how many steps from the heart of Jomtien Complex to the beach. It does not matter, the way to really get to anyplace in Jomtien is to stand infront of the 7/11 and wave at the motorcycle boys across the street, in a heartbeat one will pull up and say 'Dicks', or 'Montys', or 'Venue' as the case may be. He will take you there for 20 baht. Can't even imagine walking that far in the heat.

March 13th, 2009, 10:14
What kind of lazy fuck are you? Cocky says it is only "steps" from the shimmering sands of Tongtan Beach!

The Venue...entertainment provided by the Grammy-winning El Duo, cuisine by Michelin-starred chef Niddy, and luxurious Olympic-size pool by the designers of The Babylon. Please don't track sand from the beach -- only steps away -- into the Philip Starck-designed villas.

neddy3
March 13th, 2009, 11:22
Looks like a half dozen or so members here will be avoiding The Venue on general principle ... i.e. the principle that LMTU/Cockalickme is recommending it.

And wise members they would be.

He is all self-promoting hot air.

lonelywombat
March 13th, 2009, 11:29

Is the Venue on the beach? If not, how far away exactly?[/quote

Yes that is a legitimate question, about the all New VENUE GAY HOTEL RESORT, as they say on many a Hotel Blurb, Only Footsteps from the Beach,

Or you can just relax with your Friends by the Pool and be spoilt with out worrying about sta8s pointing at you, with your Boy special, you can see the beach out of your Suit/Room window, from the back, but in reality, it is about 2 blocks from the Gay Beach and that will take you about 5 minutes to walk, so how pleasant to stroll to the beach on a wonderful sunny morning and that is nearly every morning in Pattaya, all around you there is a Gay Complex, with Many Gay Bars and Restaurants.

You are right it is not a few steps I have stayed at Poseiden on a number of occasions and the walk down to the beach is fine
but the late afternoon walk home a drag In fact when it is hot and there is no shade, and slightly up hill, it is bordering on unpleasant. Before LMTU starts throwing his usual shit around with someone that does not agree with him, I am considered very fit for my age, I walk 5 miles[8k] per day and at 183cm and 81kg am not considered overweight..

I suggest you look at the excellent maps at http://gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/maps.htm

It is the stretching of the truth that has got most peoples hacks up Why is all this over the top nonsense required. it can only do more harm than good

Bing suggested you can get a motorbike taxi down to the beach, actually only as far as the police station.

It is coming home that is the problem Most baht buses are chokka and motorcycles are hard to get late afternoon, because of the demand

March 13th, 2009, 11:41
Good grief what a lazy bunch you are, if it takes 10 minutes to walk to the beach you must have one leg, for god sake its only just Past Dicks Caf├й, behind the twin Towers, do some of you good to walk for ten minutes, get rid of some of your hot air,

Lonley Wombat says quote :- OMG do you mean money All LMTU gets is a free room, some drinks and maybe a free meal end quote

I only speak for my self, just a contributor, I have nothing to do with any Gay Business and I receive nothing from them, sorry if my excitment for this project is getting up a few guys Noses, but I know its a project that will do well and be a great place to stay. and opening shortly.

Its the mind that would think I do this for money, is what IтАЩm worried about, old Lonely Wombat is well known for never doing anything for nothing, ask any boys, his called the Groper in Pattaya, ask Monty, if you want to know about him. He will be back soon. He has lots to say. :blackeye:

Smiles
March 13th, 2009, 13:35
Taking a look at the website for The Venue << http://www.thevenuejomtien.com/residence.html >> it shows off a very different place from the old-and-now-gone Bondi Hotel, the hotel which was in the exact same spot just a year ago.

Apparently there is an elevator now (jinks will love that)[/*:m:2dr96udy]
Apparently total renovation (if the few photos on the website are honest)[/*:m:2dr96udy]
Apparently a pool is part of the hotel now (though not sure where they have built it ... the side area is really the only place, but it isn't that large and I'm not certain it's even part of the hotel property. Behind the hotel is an empty field, but different property owners so I don't think it could be placed there)[/*:m:2dr96udy]
Apparently a cabaret coming.[/*:m:2dr96udy]
The website says "250 meters" from the gay beach (but that's an exaggeration. I think they mean it's 250 meters to the corner where the road meets the beach. Well, that's not exactly the gay area ... that's another 250 meters down the yellow brick road.)[/*:m:2dr96udy]
Apparently The Venue is to open in April, and is taking bookings (but another poster in this thread has written that it's still "an empty shell of a place". Has that poster passed by quite recently? Just going by the photos on the website, it seems very finished indeed. I doubt such photos could be taken if the place was an empty shell. It certainly WAS an empty shell of a place in last December for sure)[/*:m:2dr96udy]

Getting past LMTU/Cockalickme's bloated hyperbole is sometimes very difficult, and it's often hard to grab even a smidgen of the Real Truth in anything he says ... and that's why he gets the deserved flack he does on this Board.

If The Venue opens in April ... and it looks like the photos in the website, then it will probably be a place to put on one's list to check out. In the meantime, I'll do what 90% of the members on this Board do: i.e. not trust a word LMTU/Cockalickme writes.

Cheers ...

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 13th, 2009, 13:42
Looks like a half dozen or so members here will be avoiding The Venue on general principle ...
Cheers ...

what a relief..so they wont be letting in any old rubbish !! :cheers:

you forgot : "You can reach the centre of Pattaya within 5 minutes"..surely a bone of contention there !!..late baht bus..it'll be cockalilly's fault for sure :geek:

may I suggest Google maps and satelite images for those beset by podiatric problems (although it's a marvellous excuse for a relieving foot massage).

TIT-I'm sure the hotel will arange a litter to carry one to the beach , perhaps fitted with an oxygen tent for the return trip.

Still not satisfied ?..I suggest Bognor Regis where I can recommend a gay B&B right on the beach. Entertainment every Saturday nght courtesy of a brawl at the local corner pub. :pirate:

Isn't it time for a seperate thread on "joiner's fees" ?

jinks
March 13th, 2009, 14:11
I have spoken with one of the hotel directors (known to me for many years), free via polktalk, and have a reservation for Dec 7th.

Yes, Smiles, the lift will be a godsend, it is wheelchair friendly too !

March 13th, 2009, 14:24
Taking a look at the website for The Venue << http://www.thevenuejomtien.com/residence.html >> it shows off a very different place from the old-and-now-gone Bondi Hotel, the hotel which was in the exact same spot just a year ago.

Apparently there is an elevator now (jinks will love that)[/*:m:sgvqcdzb]
Apparently total renovation (if the few photos on the website are honest)[/*:m:sgvqcdzb]
Apparently a pool is part of the hotel now (though not sure where they have built it ... the side area is really the only place, but it isn't that large and I'm not certain it's even part of the hotel property. Behind the hotel is an empty field, but different property owners so I don't think it could be placed there)[/*:m:sgvqcdzb]
Apparently a cabaret coming.[/*:m:sgvqcdzb]
The website says "250 meters" from the gay beach (but that's an exaggeration. I think they mean it's 250 meters to the corner where the road meets the beach. Well, that's not exactly the gay area ... that's another 250 meters down the yellow brick road.)[/*:m:sgvqcdzb]
Apparently The Venue is to open in April, and is taking bookings (but another poster in this thread has written that it's still "an empty shell of a place". Has that poster passed by quite recently? Just going by the photos on the website, it seems very finished indeed. I doubt such photos could be taken if the place was an empty shell. It certainly WAS an empty shell of a place in last December for sure)[/*:m:sgvqcdzb]

Getting past LMTU/Cockalickme's bloated hyperbole is sometimes very difficult, and it's often hard to grab even a smidgen of the Real Truth in anything he says ... and that's why he gets the deserved flack he does on this Board.

If The Venue opens in April ... and it looks like the photos in the website, then it will probably be a place to put on one's list to check out. In the meantime, I'll do what 90% of the members on this Board do: i.e. not trust a word LMTU/Cockalickme writes.

Cheers ...
Smiles says :- quote :- Getting past LMTU/Cockalickme's bloated hyperbole is sometimes very difficult, and it's often hard to grab even a smidgen of the Real Truth in anything he says end quote

How bizarre Smiles, you confirm all I have been saying, then you say you donтАЩt trust what I say,I thought you was a fair Minded Guy, as a matter of fact I use to run 100 yards in my day, I would say from the Dicks corner, to the beach its no more than 100 yards.

How dare you a smidgen of truth, you have just confirmed my truth down to the opening day. I go to a lot of trouble to make sure what I say is as true as the person telling me and that is the owner of the project normally.

I am Interested in informing the Gay public abroad, my readers. Not a few bitter pensioners, brooding in the Host bars with their 1 coffee all night, pretending they would visit this new project in the first place, apart from eating the Roasted pig on a spit of the opening day.

Now you are advertising this VENUE HOTEL Smiles, IтАЩm never going to go to the Bars of Hua Hin if your in them lol

No! I wont change my mind, not even if you buy be a drink. Squashed, from your poison pen,

When you can prove me wrong, thatтАЩs when Ill take note of my very few detractors. Until then ill put it down to a jealous streak in them, in reality Im just sooo good looking :clown:

March 13th, 2009, 14:26
it is wheelchair friendly too !

How is it set up for zimmer frames?

March 13th, 2009, 14:31
it is wheelchair friendly too !

How is it set up for zimmer frames?

Yes so you are all set now, out of your wheel chair onto your Zimmer frame, beach bum.

lonelywombat
March 13th, 2009, 17:14
, as a matter of fact I use to run 100 yards in my day, I would say from the Dicks corner, to the beach its no more than 100 yards.
:
I used to do 5 miles [ 20 laps of a 440 track] as a warm up before training . You have no idea of distance and you are
bullshitting your way out of your over the top crap. I doubt whether you have competed in athletics ever

I would love the owners to come onto this forum and say they support everything you have said about their venue

After all your post came from an email that was sent to a few people in Pattaya and you claimed it as a scoop

Tingtong did not why should you???????????????????????????

March 13th, 2009, 17:20
One can measure the exact distance on Google Earth. I will leave that to someone with more time on their hands, but it is certainly a lot more than "steps away", by anyone's standards.

thrillbill
March 13th, 2009, 17:33
...it would be about a 15-18 minute walk from the Venue to Jomtien gay beach area... Of course, one part of the way is without a "sidewalk" ( about a block along the end of Thappraya Rd ) and the "side walk"along Thappraya Rd is typical "Pattaya"--- obstacles of telephone and electrical poles, sleeping dogs, vendors, steps, holes,and signs. Once you reach Jometien Beach Rd then it is easy walking. Anyone that can still fly to Thailand, can handle this walk, so don't worry.

March 13th, 2009, 18:29
I have spoken with one of the hotel directors (known to me for many years), free via polktalk, and have a reservation for Dec 7th.

Jinks , do we really need to know who u have spoken too

March 13th, 2009, 19:42

Jinks , do we really need to know who u have spoken too

How strange some guys are, I have noticed before if you say you know some one or have lived in the past, Its like the cross to the devil to some people, it really gets up some guys noses, you must remember some of us have had a life before and have lived well and have met many interesting people on the way. WhatтАЩs your problem?

Maybe it means some guys have lived a sheltered life and not been any where much or met any one very interesting and when you say you know some one, its sends them wild with a Jealously Rage just Imagine if they found out who we do know and have known over the years, they would have a heart attack, you watch when I say something from years ago, when I was here before. people who want to change Thailand to be more like there country, started coming here in the 90s :argue:

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 13th, 2009, 21:14
, as a matter of fact I use to run 100 yards in my day, I would say from the Dicks corner, to the beach its no more than 100 yards.
:
I used to do 5 miles [ 20 laps of a 440 track] as a warm up before training . You have no idea of distance and you are
bullshitting your way out of your over the top crap. I doubt whether you have competed in athletics ever

I would love the owners to come onto this forum and say they support everything you have said about their venue

After all your post came from an email that was sent to a few people in Pattaya and you claimed it as a scoop

Your'e not at all like those lovely smiling Aussies I saw by the thousands cheering at the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras last week in Sydney !. .They all seemed such a happy lot..perhaps they were all on yaba.

No wonder your'e a poor old lonely wombat.

It's true cockalilly-if you say "youv'e lived"..they come raining down on you like all hell has broken loose.

I was saying as much to our dear friend Joan Rivers as the float (an old truck) we were on at the Mardi Gras wound it's way up Oxford Street last week..I said "'look at all your fans Joan-they love you " and she said "they haven't got a clue who I am , they think I'm some old retired hairdresser and you like like one of my old models"

all true.

March 13th, 2009, 22:33
:

Yes you are correct I was the first person to break the New s about The VENUE HOTEL Complex, Before the Owners had a chance to advertise it, I admit that, and yes Tingtong did write to ask me, to contact the owners for him, so he could get some pictures, I did that for him also, how did you know that. wow nothing is secret here.

If you can show me any where I have said anything that is untrue Please do so, if not go back to your Cafe where you work, and finish the washing up, you in your mid 70s running 5 miles that would be a site, especially with your new pink hair color, ill stick to my Autumn Gold. It makes me look far more distinguished. You do make me laugh, where do you make all this rubbish up from. you really are loosing the plot.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 14th, 2009, 06:14
:

Yes you are correct I was the first person to break the New s about The VENUE HOTEL Complex,

surely it was moi !

as busted by :

"lo-so wrote:
Were you perhaps Breakfast O'Booze as in November you wrote

"my spy disguised as a Bondi tram (old Aussie joke.."shot through like a Bondi tram) has just informed me who the new owners of the Bondi are and I can assure you the establishment is in good hands...expect something fab !!

it's also truly wonderful to see sattahip and cotter in full agreement. Almost like speaking with one mind."

I think that at least at that time you were somewhat aware of the ownership!

In vino veritas"

then again..you do look like the back of a bus. :joker:

March 15th, 2009, 20:44
Next time I'm in Pattaya I will be staying at the "Rita Resort"

Look at the website http://www.ritaresort.com/. It's a Queen's Dream in decor and has a huge swimming pool.
It's on Tappraya Road right oposite the turning to Sansuk Sauna so transport to Pattaya or the beach is not a problem since Baht buses pass every few seconds.
Prices start at 1500 Baht/Night up to 5500 Baht/Night but I'm told you can get at least 25% off those rates at the moment.

So, you can stay with Way & Dawwel at Cockalicky's over-hyped Wenue if you want - but I'll be at Rita's.

jimnbkk
March 16th, 2009, 08:45
Well, I haven't walked past the place since yesterday afternoon, so perhaps my info is a little out of date. But, the "photos" on the website were not taken at The Venue. There is no swimming pool. The rooms are not finished. (at least the ones that can be seen from in front of the project) I just wonder if Cockawhatever is actually in Pattaya. How could he ever mistake the actual from the photos? Let us know please Cockadammit.

TrongpaiExpat
March 16th, 2009, 11:40
Next time I'm in Pattaya I will be staying at the "Rita Resort"

Look at the website http://www.ritaresort.com/. It's a Queen's Dream in decor and has a huge swimming pool.
It's on Tappraya Road right oposite the turning to Sansuk Sauna so transport to Pattaya or the beach is not a problem since Baht buses pass every few seconds.
Prices start at 1500 Baht/Night up to 5500 Baht/Night but I'm told you can get at least 25% off those rates at the moment.

So, you can stay with Way & Dawwel at Cockalicky's over-hyped Wenue if you want - but I'll be at Rita's.

From the map on the web site, it looks like Rita's Resort is right in the middle of all that road widening mess and what ever they are doing to Buddha Hill. It was a dusty mess when I was last over there a few weeks ago, maybe it's finished now?

Guest friendly? I suspect maybe not since the reservation form asks for the name of your guest. Looks nice though.

March 16th, 2009, 11:55
Why would any gay man want to stay at RitaтАЩs, Yes it is a very nice Hotel indeed, but if your saw the narrow minded bigot residents who live there, you would be very careful what boys you was seen at the reception with both giving your I.ds

No I think your be much happier with the All Gay VENUE RESORT AND POOL to relax in Luxurious surroundings with as many boys as you can afford, RitaтАЩs are very strict about how many people allowed in the room only 1, I hear the noise in the front rooms is very annoying and trying to get to the Hotel with all the road works going on, is a Night mare. :scratch:

colmx
March 17th, 2009, 03:26
Count me in as another who won't be staying in the VENUE following this tiresome promotion from Cockalicky...

One has to wonder if he is actuall promoting on behalf of the Ambiance and Cafe Royale!

thrillbill
March 17th, 2009, 05:55
...even the owners (I would think) would not be so over bearing and pushy. I'd rather stay at the Rita than to be staying at the Venue and find some queen like Cock... hanging out in the lounge being his flamboyant self.

netrix
March 17th, 2009, 06:27
i'll be there in a week, and for the whole month of april. it will be interesting to
see if the place is finished on time, and if it is, if it looks like the pictures.

until then, what's to get excited about? i'll post pics of what i find. ;)

March 17th, 2009, 06:54
It might be a good idea to hear from the owners , about how the work is coming along, and maybe some up todate photos

March 17th, 2009, 16:09
As usual the whole business is going along with its usual style and flair. Swimming Pool now complete with its logo in the base of the pool. Lift up and running and the spiral staircase is now installed.
Much better I think to wait for official comments from the owners on the rest of the project rather than read possibly unfounded speculation and hearsay!

I'm so glad its well on its way, I think is it the fact that APRIL was mentioned for completion, that IтАЩm getting so many messages to say people are trying to book especially for ARRIL, to be told it is behind and not ready for bookings yet.

I donтАЩt take notice of the very few silly people who blame me for my enthusiasm, I am not the official spokesman for The VENUE RESORT & SPA, just excited about the project, because I have seen what the guys who is running the place, have done in the past, in business, so I know it will be fabulous.

As if any one would not visit any where, because a member of the public recommends it, thatтАЩs Queenie, Insane madness. may be they should not go to Sunee Plaza, where they spend most of their small pension, on half a lager, I have been bleating on about that for 14 years, it would be easier to get a seat. :thumbright:

giggsy
March 18th, 2009, 02:54
I will only stay there if they allow smonking
http://www.engrish.com//wp-content/uploads/2009/03/no-smonking.jpg

rincondog
March 18th, 2009, 07:00
Smonking is allowed, however, smoking of cigarettes is not allowed in the room. (other smo king Is i believe allowed in the room)

giggsy
March 18th, 2009, 07:29
oh thats a relief theres nothing like a good smonk

Bob
March 18th, 2009, 09:08
I'm so glad ........... my enthusiasm................just excited ............ fabulous.

The more people criticize your shilling of the place, the more you do it. Congratulations, you've won the Jim & Tammy Baker award for Bountiful Bullshitter of 2009! :reindeer:

P.S. Without specific permission from Fernando Lamas, you're not allowed to use the word "fabulous."

March 18th, 2009, 09:11
I thought his favorite word was "marvelous".

March 18th, 2009, 11:26
Can anyone recommend a gay or gay friendly hotel in Pattaya, preferably with a pool and close to all the action?
I've stayed at the Ambience/Cafe Royale before but want to try some place different.
Is the Marina Inn Plaza hotel any good? Is it close to Boystown? Is their pool open??

Getting back to the original posting and getting away from all the Bullshitters trying to out do the Bullshitters. fabricating that I'm not telling the truth, when what winds them up is all I have said is the truth or they would show us proven facts.

I have had quite a few friends stay and I advised many more to take a look at Viewtally 5 right on the Gay Jomtien Beach, I hear there is a lot going on there and such a lot on offer, if available at your time of booking, most of the Condos and apartments are very well Furnished. :sunny:

http://www.asian-escapes.com/listings.html

lonelywombat
March 18th, 2009, 11:44
Getting back to the original posting and getting away from all the Bullshitters trying to out do the Bullshitters. fabricating that I'm not telling the truth, when what winds them up is all I have said is the truth or they would show us proven facts.

I have had quite a few friends stay and I advised many more to take a look at Viewtally 5 right on the Gay Jomtien Beach, I hear there is a lot going on there and such a lot on offer, if available at your time of booking, most of the Condos and apartments are very well Furnished. :sunny:

http://www.asian-escapes.com/listings.html

Yes quite as Jocks post on gay ting tong said and the same link

for an opinion from a current tenant in View Talay 5, Jocks post yesterday is more informative

http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4298

Jocks post on his military adventures in BKK very interesting as well

March 18th, 2009, 12:35
No wonder your lonely wombat, Is there an echo in this forum, what a strange post, IтАЩm sure if you want to do a Google search your see

http://www.asian-escapes.com/listings.html a million times advertised.

Get back to washing those dirty pots in that Cafe you work in.

I think you have too much time on your hands.

Are you tired of watching the OCEAN 1 web site all day and night, waiting for some action? Or just wishing you could afford one, on your small pension poor thing. :argue:

lonelywombat
March 18th, 2009, 12:50
No wonder your lonely wombat, Is there an echo in this forum, what a strange post, IтАЩm sure if you want to do a Google search your see

http://www.asian-escapes.com/listings.html a million times advertised.

Get back to washing those dirty pots in that Cafe you work in.

I think you have too much time on your hands.

Are you tired of watching the OCEAN 1 web site all day and night, waiting for some action? Or just wishing you could afford one, on your small pension poor thing. :argue:

Lois Lane is starting to spit the dummy as all her scoops appear to be found on other blogs or websites.

Actually LMTU I do not qualify for a pension, I dont work and have stayed only one night in Two Guys. Heard the place was named after a former geriatic who used to stay in the smallest room with a schooboy . LOL Must be that room with only enough space for a bed and a mirror [and airconditioner]

March 18th, 2009, 13:01
Lonely wombat says :- stayed only one night in Two Guys, Plus used to stay in the smallest room with a schooboy end quote

I donтАЩt think you should not be drinking this time of the day, you sound paralytic.
If you want to stay in rooms with 2 guys and a skool boy, I only hope you paid them, your well known for groping and running with out paying, watch your heart all that sexorsize.....I bet you was dreaming about LMTU you seem obsessed with him :drunken:

lonelywombat
March 18th, 2009, 13:25
If you want to stay in rooms with 2 guys and a skool boy, I only hope you paid them, your well known for groping and and running with out paying, watch your heart all that sexorsize.....I bet you was dreaming about LMTU you seem obsessed with him. :blackeye:

No it was just one old geezer and his boy that stayed there in that same room for 2 years .Only came out at night

March 18th, 2009, 13:56
I really donтАЩt think this is the place top boast about your sordid sex life, a man of your age as well, If I was you should put more water in your drink, you must get a hobby in the autumn of your days, your going mad with Boredom by the sound of it. :drunken:

lonelywombat
March 18th, 2009, 14:04
I really donтАЩt think this is the place top boast about your sordid sex life, a man of your age as well, If I was you should put more water in your drink, you must get a hobby in the autumn of your days, your going mad with Boredom by the sound of it. :drunken:

It could not be me as you have me slaving my fingers to the bone week in week out back here is OZ

Not sure what happened to the boy, they were together for 5 years until he was called up to join Army

March 18th, 2009, 14:19
[/quote] from lonely wombatty :- I dont work and have stayed Two Guys. Must be that room with only enough space for a bed and a mirror [and airconditioner [/quote]

[/quote] from lonely wombatty :- It cannot be me as you have me slaving my fingers to the bone back here is OZ [/quote]

Oh dear do you normally tell porky pies. it would seem you do as above, its obvious you ahve stays there, what other lies are you trying to Bullshit us with ......unlike many who try to catch me out, I have the evidence above.

This is a fun game, can any one play :geek:

lonelywombat
March 18th, 2009, 17:26

It could not be me as you have me slaving my fingers to the bone week in week out back here is OZ

Not sure what happened to the boy, they were together for 5 years until he was called up to join Army

from lonely wombatty :- I dont work and have stayed Two Guys. Must be that room with only enough space for a bed and a mirror [and airconditioner [/quote]

[/quote] from lonely wombatty :- It cannot be me as you have me slaving my fingers to the bone back here is OZ [/quote]

Oh dear do you normally tell porky pies. it would seem you do as above, its obvious you ahve stays there, what other lies are you trying to Bullshit us with ......unlike many who try to catch me out, I have the evidence above.

This is a fun game, can any one play :geek:[/quote]

You might even know LMTU so can ask him about the time he spent in Montys place before he went to Rayong to teach english. Then maybe you can start to perhaps catch up

lonelywombat
March 18th, 2009, 17:35

It could not be me as you have me slaving my fingers to the bone week in week out back here is OZ How could I be washing dishes every night and be holed up in a 12 foot x 12 foot cupboard every night for two years.

from lonely wombatty :- I have stayed Two Guys for one night . Must be that room with only enough space for a bed and a mirror [and airconditioner]

This is a fun game, can any one play [/quote]

You might even know LMTU so can ask him about the time he spent in Montys place before he went to Rayong to teach english. Then maybe you can start to perhaps catch up

Maybe you might know the name of the boy I think he won a competition

Perhaps I could remember more about him if I try[/quote]

quiet1
March 19th, 2009, 21:24
One can measure the exact distance on Google Earth. I will leave that to someone with more time on their hands, but it is certainly a lot more than "steps away", by anyone's standards.
Okay, I confess, I have too much time on my hands. Below are two Google Earth images. I used the ruler tool to map a route from in front of the Avalon/VT5 to the location of The Venue in Jomtien Complex. I also measured an "as the crow flies" distance between the two locations.

Not sure how many "steps" it is, but I estimate probably about a 10-12 minute walk?

Also, it's been years since I've been to the gay section at Dongtan Beach, so I can't recall exactly where it is -- was I close using the area in front of the Avalon Hotel?

pyro
March 20th, 2009, 06:15
This is my first post, been reading them for a little while, and I must say you guys are hilarious. There is a lot of good information here though. I have been to Thailand twice and I am planning on a trip in May. Only been to Pattaya once, but I enjoyed it. Due to my limited information at the time I ended up staying at Ambiance right in BoysTown. Nice place, but LOUD. Once Venue actually opens, I would like to hear from someone that actually stays there. Otherwise Poseidon and Sansuk both look promising. As I said I hope to be there at the end of May for a couple of weeks.

CHAOTOU
March 20th, 2009, 19:31
The Lek Hotel meets your criteria. Close to Boyztown, and a decent pool. Price is good. You can pick between the new and old section depending on what's more important to you, nicer room or cheaper price.

http://www.asiatravel.com/lek/index.html

March 21st, 2009, 02:58
Cockalickey

In reply to your quote to me about the place being open in April . Plus, the many messages you appear to have received from people specifically writing to you that the place may be delayed.
Are you suggesting that the reply that they got from the owners, when making these enquiries, was unacceptable to them or were they happy with the owners response and if so, would surely not be a problem to them or to you?
I will pass on your message and a possible reply, to the owners, which I am sure they will be very interested to hear.

I really donтАЩt know what you want me to say here MR.R.P Kotter, but as you seem to have turned a new leaf, Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and say I have had emails about people wanting to book in early April, but have been told the Hotel will not be quite ready by then, as advertised in the web site, opening April, as I know the Guys running the show, are working their back sides off, with organizing the evidently most amazing Costumes, to be seen in a Gay Club ever in Thailand what with the dancing and handsome hunks in the Cabaret, that will knock our socks off, THIS SHOOW ROOM HOTEL will set a new standard for in Gay Thailand, not to be missed.

The only feed back IтАЩm getting is total excitement about how the final look is going to hold up to all the Interest in this all new Gay Hotel Concept. Resort, near the Jomtien gay beach. Catering for all ages and pockts. :sunny:

March 21st, 2009, 12:21
Catering for all ages. :sunny:

Does this mean that overnight "guests" will not have their ID's checked?

lonelywombat
March 21st, 2009, 17:10
Hi Miss B,[cockalicky]

Now I know you are the idiot I always thought you were.
I shall now go back to continue to watch you being shot down and wait for a possible new name to appear when the heat in the oven gets too hot.
I should imagine you will be down in Pattaya this weekend as the kiddywinks are on holiday and your aquaintance is here on holiday too?

I always knew him as the Salvation Army man think of General

He also claims to be RP . Does not worry me as he is the living Walter Mitty

March 22nd, 2009, 00:20
Cockalickey
Please be assured that I havn't turned any leaves.
I still go back to the original point,that those obviously supposed people that had sent these messages to you personally, were very happy with the response they got and there was no need for you to bring up any statement about there being any delay! I will relay that back to the owners. Just sticking your beak in again eh.
I love to come on to your threads just to see how many people are intent in shooting you down in flames. Obviously your friends are few and far between.

The best bit of all for me was yesterday I gave my log in name to someone whom I suspected would pass it on to you, either directly or by the other 'go between' and it worked perfectly so there typing fingers must have gone mad in sharing the secret!!!!!!!! Oh for the old style of magic. Wonderful. Now I know you are the idiot I always thought you were.
I shall now go back to continue to watch you being shot down and wait for a possible new name to appear when the heat in the oven gets too hot.

I should imagine you will be down in Pattaya this weekend as the kiddywinks are on holiday and your aqaintance is here on holiday to?
quote]

[
quote="kotter"

]Hi Miss B,[cockalicky]

Now I know you are the idiot I always thought you were.

I should imagine you will be down in Pattaya this weekend as the kiddywinks are on holiday and your aquaintance is here on holiday too?

I always knew him as the Salvation Army man think of General

He also claims to be RP . Does not worry me as he is the living Walter Mitty
Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leavesend of quote?

Who knows what these two nutters are talking about, may be its some sort of Alien language, or letтАЩs hope not, the worst thing is, the Lunatics have taken over the Mental Home.

May be itтАЩs the same Australian Wombat, trying to pretends itтАЩs a different Handles, , but itтАЩs all to boring to unravel the code. All we can do is ignore them, then may be they will go away and bore some one else, I know 2 poor guyz who must be bored sick of him, while they are trying to work their socks off, listening to this insane nonsence. :pukeleft:

God know we are.

March 23rd, 2009, 13:34
Okay, I confess, I have too much time on my hands. Below are two Google Earth images. I used the ruler tool to map a route from in front of the Avalon/VT5 to the location of The Venue in Jomtien Complex. I also measured an "as the crow flies" distance between the two locations.

Not sure how many "steps" it is, but I estimate probably about a 10-12 minute walk?

Also, it's been years since I've been to the gay section at Dongtan Beach, so I can't recall exactly where it is -- was I close using the area in front of the Avalon Hotel?

Here is the answer.
Yesterday afternoon I walked from the entrance of The Venue to the gay beach ending up at Tui's. The route was:
Venue to Dick's Cafe to main road. Turn right , down to the Dongtan Police Box, turn right past the car park, past the Avalon and stopping at the entrance of Tuis.
Time taken: 13 minutes 35 seconds with no stops.
837 paces. Each pace is about 30 inches, and about 120 paces per minute.

lonelywombat
March 23rd, 2009, 13:55
standards.

Here is the answer.
Yesterday afternoon I walked from the entrance of The Venue to the gay beach ending up at Tui's. The route was:
Venue to Dick's Cafe to main road. Turn right , down to the Dongtan Police Box, turn right past the car park, past the Avalon and stopping at the entrance of Tuis.
Time taken: 13 minutes 35 seconds with no stops.
837 paces. Each pace is about 30 inches, and about 120 paces per minute.

Now that sounds like a military man, marching pace is 120 paces per minute and a 30 inch stride

13 minute 35 for a marching man is different for older and overweight men who tend to dawdle or shuffle

Lets say for the majority at least 20 minutes.