PDA

View Full Version : unused escalator

lonelywombat
March 31st, 2006, 09:27
Last night at the local bar I was asked a question re the the escalator in the soi leading to Star Treff.

I assume it is the one just opposite Poseiden but my friend wasnt sure

I doubt if there are two.

He asked where does this go to, is it in use yet and how long has it been unused for.

The conversation started off talking about a new hotel between the soi Poseiden is at the head of, but before you get to

the little soi where they cook steak on hot stones, in Thapphraya before you get to the monument.

He wondered was the escalator intended to service condos or a hotel.

A second question what is the name of the new hotel please.

Third was there a post that said Star Treff is now operating as the cabaret for Two Faces

March 31st, 2006, 10:04
Didn't your mother ever tell you, never go into a burning auditorium or up a broken escalator. (C&K)

lonelywombat
March 31st, 2006, 11:31
I never had a mother. we were too poor.

March 31st, 2006, 12:39
There are two escalators (as far as I am aware) which are not working in the Jomtien Complex. One is across from the Poseidon Guesthouse and one is on that little corner across from the Pizza place on the corner where the craft market sets up.

As for the 'new' guesthouse, I think the newest one is Two Faces which advertises itself as newly relocated oposite 'Star Tref' cabaret. I am not sure what happened to Star Tref, but oposite Two Faces is a minor renovation job, which I am told will be a new gay bar and next door to Two Faces is also a minor renovation which again will be a gay bar. No sign of Star Tref but perhaps one of the two building works will open as Star Tref.