PDA

View Full Version : Trang to Phuket Bus info

gra46
March 6th, 2009, 07:00
Does anyone have websites or email addresses
so i can get a friend on a bus to meet me in Phuket
Any info much appreciated

March 6th, 2009, 07:08
No need. Just tell your friend to go to the Trang bus station and get on a bus for Phuket!

pong
March 6th, 2009, 09:39
above is right as such, just some more
it takes a LONG tme-as it goes via Krabi_Pang Nga and around the bay there-I think some 6-7 hrs, the time will also depend on the TYPE of bus-choice of 1st cl=blue, fewer stops, food servcie incl, and 2nd cl+also AC, but more for local short trips.
TRANG has 2 different bussstops-not really stations-in front of the train station and somehwre in town-as usual in Thaild you dont need to have maps or know all that-ANY tktk driver will
the beter 1st class buses DAYtime (they also go overnight) run about hourly and start in HAAD YAI-that means they may be full in Trang-and they dont do standees on them.
if that friend is thai-he should know all that and know how to fone to secure him a seat
that this should be on the web or with email would mistify any Thai-another form of farang illogical thinking

March 7th, 2009, 03:38
No need. Just tell your friend to go to the Trang bus station and get on a bus for Phuket!
Followed by one for Patong Beach?

Your friend will probably find travel agents sell minibus tickets, which are an alternative which might go all the way to Patong Beach.

gra46
March 7th, 2009, 04:44
Followed by one for Patong Beach?

Your friend will probably find travel agents sell minibus tickets, which are an alternative which might go all the way to Patong Beach.

Yes that what im after a mini bus or something similar from point A to B
does anyone know any sites please with the info
thanks guys the info im getting from use is a start
my friend dont speak much english so it hard for me
but he probaly knows more than i about travel down there

pong
March 7th, 2009, 09:21
there are NO websites- as I a bit teasingly tried to point out-if ou expect that you dont have much idea about how Thailand works.
z909 is right-I thought of that later-he was before me to add- all over the south between all tourist palces are minibuses aimed at farang-they picky ou up at where you stay and are also supposed to put you down at any requested point-and thus they need to be prebooked-simply use eyes-you cannot miss the obvious signs for them in any tourist centre. Cost a little more as the normal bus.
as this site has its specific interest-there are 10000s of websites giving the general tourist info and fora-like f.e. on thaivisa or thorntree of lonelyplanet.com.

krobbie
March 7th, 2009, 10:37
Gra45, I can only find Phuket to Trang online but there is about 14 buses a day, so I would suspect that there is as many that go the other way.

http://www.phuketnet.com/trans_buses.htm

Not sure where the bus stops in Phuket though. Probably Phuket Town I would think.

Good luck ... I hope this is of some help.

Cheers
krobbie

gra46
March 7th, 2009, 12:12
Gra45, I can only find Phuket to Trang online but there is about 14 buses a day, so I would suspect that there is as many that go the other way.

http://www.phuketnet.com/trans_buses.htm

Not sure where the bus stops in Phuket though. Probably Phuket Town I would think.

Good luck ... I hope this is of some help.

Cheers
krobbie
Thanks Krobbie but it gra46 ,Yes im looking at that sight so them buses must do a return trip ,i found that they are from Phuket town to bus station in trang ,but no email address so it must be what the iothers say just turn up on the day ..thanks again

krobbie
March 7th, 2009, 15:55
Humble apologies gra46. Dreadful slip up there. You are far too well mannered to be the other.

krobbie

March 7th, 2009, 18:25
My Patong Beach to Hat Yai Minibus was booked the day before by a travel agent (over the counter).
They didn't know where my hotel was, so I arranged to meet outside the Kasithorn bank between 7:15 & 7:30.

It turned up just after 8:00 & proceeded to drive around the island to collect passengers, whilst being driven very dangerously. It was about 9:00 by the time we left the Island. We were swapped onto another bus at Krabi, which was driven more responsibly.

You either buy a bus ticket over the counter at the bus station or buy minibus tickets from a travel agent. Preferably the day before for the minibus. Theoretically, the minibus should be quicker, but that advantage could be squandered if the thing travels round picking people up.
I believe the standard buses will go to Phuket, so you need another bus to Patong beach, which is 45 min or so.

Plan to buy your tickets over the counter at the bus station or a travel agent.