PDA

View Full Version : iPod ready to go Thailand !

March 3rd, 2009, 16:43
What kind off musiek on your iPod / mp 3 when you go travel in Thailand ?

This is my ( only full cd ) list ;

Live live
Cat Stevens live
Cold Play
Akon
Amy Mac Donald
Rem Live
U2 live
Kid Rock
Moby
Metallica
Katy Perry
Daft Funk live
Sarah Brightman
Moby
Alanis Morissette
Anouk Live
Linkin Park
Eisbrecher
Milk Inc
Scorpions live
Madonna live
The Verve
Cold Play
Sylver
Laura Pausini
Nirvana live
Milow
Lenny Kravits

March 3rd, 2009, 17:40
Mostly boybands , big belting love ballads and some Thai.

After all i rarely can get it off the BS to use it , i may as well put what he likes on there as he would invariably fill it with his likes anyway..

The last 2 trips i didnt have the heart to ask for them back so they stayed in Thailand. I bought a samsung T10 on the way home and now prefer that over the ipod.

I will try to bring this one back home!

bing
March 3rd, 2009, 20:29
I have an Ipod from a f ew years ago, but find when I download an album, usually there are only a few songs I really like on any album, so I have made a music list of songs and artists and put them on a Phillips MP3 (one and two GB) . I do have a few albums I can listen to and like every song. The Sound Of Music , John Denver Greatest Hits, Elvis's Hits record and popular hits of 60s and 70s are albums I could listen to in full and enjoy. Come to think of it, there are several more albums I like a lot an could include South Pacific, Hello Dolly, Camelot, Annie, Phantom of the Opera and a few others as well. I tend to recycle the Broadway stuff into a list for a while and then retire it. The reason for Phillips is that it accepts Walmart imput and is somewhat less expensive to fill. Also when traveling, I prefer the ability to add a AAA battery for 15 hours or so of listening. Recharging was a problem one time and that is what tipped the scales in favor of Phillips MP3. A note about listening to the MP3 at Rits chairs, a year ago, I was humming along with something and guess I progressed into to singing along with one of my Irish favorits, "Wild Colonial Boy", one the gentlemen sitting a few chairs over mentioned something to the effect that silence is golden. I went back into the listening mode.

krobbie
March 4th, 2009, 00:33
Bing ... the cheek of him. Sing out loud ... SING OUT STRONG!

Cheers
krobbie

jolyjacktar
March 4th, 2009, 01:43
AC DC
Metalica
Motorhead
Awnser
and sometimes i put a piece of the 70s rock band Deep purple on for the dreamy lay back and sleep beach days.
I just love Rock :rr:

Impulse
March 4th, 2009, 03:23
Ramones ......Roxy Musix......Bowie......Trex.......Dead kennedys..........Klaus Nomi..........Genisis(peter Gabriel)........Fat boy slim......Iggy Pop.......Cheap Trick........Oasis.......Monkees......Amanda Lear.

March 4th, 2009, 05:35
No i pod.

If I did take an MP3 player, it would not be an Apple one.

Music might include: Vampire Weekend, Muse, MGMT (superb), Hot chip, Arcade Fire, The Jam, The Undertones & many others.

March 4th, 2009, 05:53
I carry an Ipod Classic fully loaded with music, podcasts and movies. Nice for the long trip to and from, but to many distractions once in the LOS.

Hint, hint, hint...I brought the BF an Ipod and he flipped out on getting such a nice gift. He had it loaded with his tunes and constantly comments on how wonderful he loves this gift.

fedssocr
March 4th, 2009, 07:58
No i pod.

If I did take an MP3 player, it would not be an Apple one.

That sums up my feelings about Apple as well.

Somewhat sadly my mp3 player is set to more or less all Thai music all the time. And I still don't know what most of the lyrics mean. But I never pay much attention to the words even to songs in English anyway.

so, my playlist is primarily
ModernDog
Supersub
Soundlanding
Silly Fools
Armchair
Lemon Soup
Slot Machine
Nologo
Potato
Lollipop
Big Ass
Slur
Morning Surfers
The Caption
Apartment Khunpa

if I am listening to western music
REM
Hoodoo Gurus
James
54-40
anything with a jangly guitar

March 4th, 2009, 08:03
My Dongtan Beach mix:

Cher
Kylie Minogue
Donna Summer
ABBA
Madonna
Barbra Streisand
Diana Ross
Barry Manilow
Assorted Broadway Cast Albums

netrix
March 4th, 2009, 19:38
My Dongtan Beach mix:

Cher
Kylie Minogue
Donna Summer
ABBA
Madonna
Barbra Streisand
Diana Ross
Barry Manilow
Assorted Broadway Cast Albums

OMG! you are sooo gay!!!

March 5th, 2009, 01:35
Beach Bunny has the music selection I'd least like on my reliable but not as cunningly marketed non-Apple MP3 player. ABBA is the exception that might just make it. We all have slightly different tastes.

The MGMT album really is worth a listen, for anyone who wants something good released in the last 6 months.

bing
March 5th, 2009, 03:39
Hi -- If you are into suggestions of somthing you might like to listen to.. Go to You Tube and type in Namo Amituofo- Pure Land ( it is 10 minutes of 108 repetitions of the mantra - Namo Amituofo) I find it engaging and not hard to listen to. Not all will like it, but if you want to branch out a bit, you may well like this offering.