PDA

View Full Version : You bought the bar, now what?

February 28th, 2009, 19:56
Purely hypothetical & I'm not claiming any know how either:

OK, so you bought a gogo bar & have given it a lick of paint, found some fresh staff & carefully considered prices of drinks etc.

Then how do you differentiate it from the half empty bars in town?
Do you ensure the staff are suitably trained & have the right skills, as many good businesses would?

For example some of the following should help to win business & earn repeat business:

1 Stage skills: Dancing, making eye contact with the customer, smiling, how to pole dance seductively.
2 English: General conversation, sector specific vocabulary, discussing prices etc
3 Entertaining the client: The general idea would be to ensure the guy can look after all the needs of the client & not have any painful surprises on his first "off".

February 28th, 2009, 22:40
OK, so you bought a gogo bar & have given it a lick of paint, found some fresh staff ...

And know it will spiralling out of your control ! :flower:

kittyboy
February 28th, 2009, 22:48
Purely hypothetical & I'm not claiming any know how either:

OK, so you bought a gogo bar & have given it a lick of paint, found some fresh staff & carefully considered prices of drinks etc.

Do you ensure the staff are suitably trained & have the right skills, as many good businesses would?

For example some of the following should help to win business & earn repeat business:

1 Stage skills: Dancing, making eye contact with the customer, smiling, how to pole dance seductively.
2 English: General conversation, sector specific vocabulary, discussing prices etc
3 Entertaining the client: The general idea would be to ensure the guy can look after all the needs of the client & not have any painful surprises on his first "off".

Hire the local ex pat community members as consultants -- they are sure to give you the advice you need to thrive!

Wesley
March 1st, 2009, 03:30

lessson number one the bar is never half empty,always half full !

Wes

rincondog
March 1st, 2009, 05:49
You hold a GRAND OPENING and of course you have a free buffet, free or reduced price drinks. The moochers and cheap Charlie's from this forum show up and woof everything down. The place is full, you think this is great. Next day on this forum the usual suspects poor mouth the poor food you served, doesn't matter what food you serve. Someone was overcharged 20baht for a reduced price drink and these tirades continue. A few others come to your defense. Hopefully you have enough reserve cash to last a few months, then sellout cheap and move back to your home country.

March 1st, 2009, 09:01
Quote:-from z909.... OK, so you bought a go-go bar & have given it a lick of paint, found some fresh staff & carefully considered prices of drinks etc.

Do you ensure the staff are suitably trained & have the right skills, as many good businesses would? end quote.

Simple if you can do it, does any one remember the Night Market in Chiang Mai. in the 80s and early 90s, But I would not recommend the lower age groups they allowed in those days now.

Rent a Dirty Garage, any where, but preferable where it will be allowed or where other Bars are,

Then get handsome man Boys, lots of them. Keep them cumming. Even though the excuse for lady boys, is the keep the Man Boys happy, its not true they are business killers. If you must only a few as waiters. Bar or cashier.

You wonтАЩt need door men, unless itтАЩs to stop the farangs fighting over who booked the boys first.

DONT Get:'-

Lady Boys, Fat boys, Ugly Boys.

If you cant do the above, donтАЩt bother, because you donтАЩt have to spend any money on the Bar unless its for your own needs, Just getting the Boys is the magic potion, to success and if the drink Price is competitive another plus, if you have one Leo type drink on special offer that will work well also 75 Baht. With other drinks around 100 baht.

Lastly wouldnтАЩt it be nice if we got back to boys giving us the snake dance again, as they use to, every fifteen minute would be good, if the staff look board, so would the customers, unless there are sensational looking guys, then no one is bothered about dancing to much. make sure you have at least 12 stunners and always have a minimum of 40 guys on offer thats what makes the right atmosphere. pay them more than most bars give the good ones Insentives, the month.s best offs 10000 baht bonus or something. if some dont go many off, replace them with other good looking guys. after a month or 3. when they have a Number 1 to 12 means the best offs or Suppr Star stunning, (not many of them in bars now days in wash rooms yes) and they are 500 to off. 12 to 24, 400 baht 24 to 45, 300, baht .

Remember the thing Thai's understand is they get a fine, late or many reasons so be strict but careing they will play on a soft owner, reward them only when they are good fine when bad. is the only langage they understand.

yedo111
March 1st, 2009, 09:18
You hold a GRAND OPENING and of course you have a free buffet, free or reduced price drinks. The moochers and cheap Charlie's from this forum show up and woof everything down. The place is full, you think this is great. Next day on this forum the usual suspects poor mouth the poor food you served, doesn't matter what food you serve. Someone was overcharged 20baht for a reduced price drink and these tirades continue. A few others come to your defense. Hopefully you have enough reserve cash to last a few months, then sellout cheap and move back to your home country.

It's not the first time, it always starts with a Grand Opening.....
:rolling:

MARK
March 2nd, 2009, 10:13
z909 on Sat 28 Feb, 2009 8:56 am
3 Entertaining the client: The general idea would be to ensure the guy can look after all the needs of the client & not have any painful surprises on his first off.

Mark Response, well meaning but very hard to put in to practice Thais are very set in there ways, and after several years of trying this you become to feel like you are banging your head against a brick wall. But you push on 3 year and waiters still can get MY drink wrong.

Author: fattman on Sat 28 Feb, 2009 9:39 pm
Get a Thai manager/mamasan to front the operation while you stay well back.
Open your bar in an area where you'll get mainly Thai customers.
Advertise only in Thai.
Maybe you'll stand a faint chance of success.

Mark Response, very good advice, but donтАЩt stand to far back you will need to keep your eye on the manager; Thais are the ideal customer for a firm base to a business.Never ever make you Thai B/F manager.

Author: Wesley on Sat 28 Feb, 2009 4:30 pm
Lesson number one the bar is never half empty, always half full!
Mark Response, sorry Wesley its half empty and youтАЩre not pushing the cash in.

Author: Cockalicky on Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:01 pm
Remember the thing Thai's understand is they get a fine, late or many reasons so be strict but careing they will play on a soft owner, reward them only when they are good fine when bad. Is the only language they understand.
Mark Response, very very true. But be fair

Ps I donтАЩt know how to cut and paste each comment in the brown boxes if some body could tell me I would appreciate it.

Oh one more if all else fails paint it and sell it :thumbleft: Sammys :thumbleft: bannana bar :thumbleft:

Patexpat
March 2nd, 2009, 11:04
Oh one more if all else fails paint it and sell it :thumbleft: Sammys :thumbleft: bannana bar :thumbleft:

whilst of course always behaving in an honest and ethical manner ...

March 2nd, 2009, 15:03
I don't like go go bar's at all, I would like to see them all closed. you don't need to go to a go go to meet someone. most guys are st8 some underage
owner not thai. living of young people selling themselves shall I go on

MARK
March 2nd, 2009, 15:37
I don't like go go bar's at all, I would like to see them all closed. you don't need to go to a go go to meet someone. most guys are st8 some underage

You said,

Re: Valentines Party in Sunee Plaza

PostAuthor: ben uk on Wed 18 Feb, 2009 8:44 am
Thank you all for a very nice evening
Poow the new owner of place 2 be. A very nice man, he has change the bar into a show bar, show to start on the 28th Feb 2009.
lots of nice waiter to take care of your needs. well only if you off them
best wishes on your new bar.

I say,

Pooh 26 years in the gogo business he is a nice man is it ok for him to live off young Thais because he is Thai ?
and to off a waiter rather than a gogo boy the difference is ?
:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

March 2nd, 2009, 15:45

I totally agree with you, Ben, where do you suggest a fat old queen with a bald head who is in his 50s, 60s or 70s could find a guy, with out paying 120 pound an hour, like in the UK.

You do realize this is a third world Country and many of the guys offering their Services, are doing it because its easy money, in Thailand there is not the stigma of the West, where such things do happen also, may be more then here, but all kept hidden and not in a bar but on the Internet.

If the Guys here work at all, if they are lucky, they can earn around 100 baht per day about 2 pounds, which could be around 12 hours very hard work. if they go off with a man in the bars here. they not only get paid by the bar a Salary, plus drinks the customers have bought them and may be 20 baht per drink, plus tips, they can also earn around 1000 baht or more in many cases, 10 times what they could get working any where in Thailand, this could go to better themself or be waisted its up to them, for maybe, less then 30 minuteтАЩs Servicing a client, plus all the extras, of drinks, food, cloths and some times a Motor Bike, gold necklaces, even farms apartments and Have a house built for them, in some cases. many of them dream of, (even the st8 guys who get to like having sex with a guy,) getting a customer long time as they know they will be well looked after in most cases and the money will flow on a regular basis.

So as you see why in many Villages in Thailand if you have a guy or girl offing them selves in a bar, where they can be safe and no pimps, no beatings and no drunken father or husband or boyfriend to worry about, plus many are regularly HIV tested and drug tested, its a much better way of life, so much so in Bangkok you get so many students who do it and have such a fun time as well with all their friends around them, excited on how much they earnt and how little they had to do for it and how Ji Dee or kineol the Customer was,

It may be not what you would understand with Britons confused back ground, gay bashings and hang ups about anything to do with sex for so many years, but here its very admirable work, as a lot of the money finds its way back to there Village and filters down to all in town, Via the Village shops, the traveling shows, the farms the local Karaoke, so in stead of the Village having to live off the land, which in Thailand literally means, eating anything that is moving, scorpions, snakes, Rats, dogs, Bugs, you can eat good food for a change meat, and buy Rice to plant, buy a tractor, or even the farm next door, or a small house, rather than a mud hut, it goes on.

So if you think about it, what are these people going to do, go back to living off the land with nothing, no social security here, if you donтАЩt have money you die, different cultures for different folks, in England they cant even stop Bull fighting in Spain, so donтАЩt try to stop what has been going on in Thailand for over 4000 years, ask them, many are very happy, of course they would be a lot happier if they had a regular Income, but not all that lucky, where more people are living beyond poverty, than living securely. Like you. may be able to sign on to the Medical Health and Social Secrity and get the platinum card with everything paid for, including your Council House, and come to Thailand all paid by the state, as some do here.

Patexpat
March 2nd, 2009, 16:31
sweet Jesus! To say Cocky is supposed to have extensive experience of Thailand, where on earth was this utter garbage dragged up from?

"if they are lucky they can earn B100 a day" - even a junior hotel worker gets on average B5,000, a convenience store worker B7,000 .... and there are minimum daily wage rates enforced by the labour dept. The fact is many boys are just LAZY and don't want real work. Agreed they can earn very high bucks as a bar boy, but they are in the minority. I know one who makes B40,000 - B90,000 a month .... but for every one of those there are probably 20 living in dire conditions.

"no pimps, no beatings and no drunken father or husband or boyfriend to worry about: Suggest Cocky reads some of the local rags

"so many students who do it and have such a fun time as well with all their friends around them, excited on how much they earnt and how little they had to do for it and how Ji Dee or kineol the Customer was," I am prepared to be corrected here but I think many if not most boys would not consider what they do a 'fun time'.

"they not only get paid by the bar a Salary" Really? Some bars may give a very small daily incentive to get them to work, most do not. But a salary? No. Some bar owners do take good care however and provide at least one meal a day and may be free accommodation - but it could be sharing 6 or more to a room ..

Cocky you make it sound like some idyllic situation that the boys love to be in, but lets face it, the truth is really rather different.

I am not condemning bar culture here, and that would be very hypocritical of me, but Cocky is not painting a true picture ...

March 2nd, 2009, 18:55
sweet Jesus! To say Cocky is supposed to have extensive experience of Thailand, where on earth was this utter garbage dragged up from?

Cocky answers :- Well its good you have been stimulated to answer, also an Air pilot earns over a Million a year and CEO of TRUE earns 70,000,000 per year, the point I was making was ISANN Boys working on the farm, a laborer only gets 150 per hour and a Professional Bricklayer and painter 180 per hour, of course there is a plethora of assimilations..

"if they are lucky they can earn B100 a day" - even a junior hotel worker gets on average B5,000, a convenience store worker B7,000 .... and there are minimum daily wage rates enforced by the labour dept. The fact is many boys are just LAZY and don't want real work. Agreed they can earn very high bucks as a bar boy, but they are in the minority. I know one who makes B40,000 - B90,000 a month .... but for every one of those there are probably 20 living in dire conditions.

"no pimps, no beatings and no drunken father or husband or boyfriend to worry about: Suggest Cocky reads some of the local rags

Cocky answers :- Of course there is ever simulation you can think of, when you sell your body, but they soon learn how to minimize the bad side of the job, IтАЩm sure for the money they can earn, its worth it, I know of the TOP 25 in Pattaya who earn a minimum of 2000 a day over all and I know of one guy now who has 3 farangs sending him between 12 and 35000 each, the point I was making is over all its good the bad and the ugly, type of work, all depends on the guy. But a lot better from the life they come from In Isann

"so many students who do it and have such a fun time as well with all their friends around them, excited on how much they earnt and how little they had to do for it and how Ji Dee or kineol the Customer was," I am prepared to be corrected here but I think many if not most boys would not consider what they do a 'fun time'.

"they not only get paid by the bar a Salary" Really? Some bars may give a very small daily incentive to get them to work, most do not. But a salary? No. Some bar owners do take good care however and provide at least one meal a day and may be free accommodation - but it could be sharing 6 or more to a room ..Yes but this is what they are use to they can sleep on a cloths line and many glad for a bed for free, taken much of the time from the salary

Cocky you make it sound like some idyllic situation that the boys love to be in, but lets face it, the truth is really rather different.

Cocky answers :- Yes patexpat yes if you lived the life of hell at home as many of these guys and girls do with a New step father who wants rid of them and beats and abuses them at every opportunity you would think this life is ok, even though some times they do encounter a nasty mean farang but they soon learn to limit that.

I am not condemning bar culture here, and that would be very hypocritical of me, but Cocky is not painting a true picture ...

Cocky answers :- I hope you have a better understanding of what I saying now. Of course every one has their view of how life works in Thailand and I love to read how every one sees life in the land of smiles, as we know when you take a look under the Icing sugar, it can look very black.

Brad the Impala
March 3rd, 2009, 03:02
Cocky answers :- Well its good you have been stimulated to answer, also an Air pilot earns over a Million a year and CEO of TRUE earns 70,000,000 per year, the point I was making was ISANN Boys working on the farm, a laborer only gets 150 per hour and a Professional Bricklayer and painter 180 per hour, of course there is a plethora of assimilations..

Now Cocky says that labourers get 150 per hour. Earlier in this thread he wrote " If the Guys here work at all, if they are lucky, they can earn around 100 baht per day about 2 pounds, which could be around 12 hours very hard work.

Make your bloody mind up Sheila!

Trust me I am 100% correct!

You're 'aving a laugh!

joe552
March 3rd, 2009, 03:24
i think Wes is intelligble most of the time, i don't bother to read beyond the first line of Cocky's posts

Patexpat
March 3rd, 2009, 09:46
Actually I do read his posts - but only to see how he is currently strangling the English language ... :compress:

Guess I'll get bored with that soon!

March 3rd, 2009, 11:34
Oh dear we are picky, but we are all entitled to our opinion, BUT THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY POST ANY WAY. at least you have something to say, if readers agree with you or me, its all much of the same. you know your winning when they try to make out they are so Intelligent, they have to tll you where you go wrong.

The guys get very little money, and if they Work in the sevice trade, some can make a fortune and others will run back home to mother, now whats New.

We cant please every one all the time, thanks for your positive p.ms dont worry I like it when I get an answer, good or bad :sunny:

Patexpat
March 3rd, 2009, 12:09
oh Cocky, you do me laugh!!! (at you, that is!)

March 5th, 2009, 18:42
Thailand is not a third world Country. (it's a poor county that's not the same.) just look at the news. and many of the guys offering their Services, are doing it because they need the money I understand that. But believe me its not easy money, I have been there and I hated every old punter I slept with. but I was young and on the streets in the uk .a long time ago.
I had no family and no where to stay so plenty old perverts picked me up.did what they wanted and kicked me out

Mark I enjoy the beer bar's (well some are very nice)
The difference is, I like to have a chat with a waiter have a drink with him. I don't go into go go bars because I find it difficult having a drink with a boy wanking over me. it's just not for me looking at the men wanking the boys for a few baht, I find disgusting.

last week someone told me he was in Jimmy James and a old man was rimming a young bay in the dam bar and the boy did it because he needs the money and really knows no better. why not just take the boy off, take care of him and do it in privet. No it cheaper to give him a few Baht in the bar. shame on you who ever you are.
and for Mr Poo being Thai Yes, he is Thai and it's up to Thai's what they do with each other It's THERE COUNTRY WE ARE ONLY GUEST. even if you own a bar your still a guest

Pattaya is a nice city and now there is a work problem, like everywhere, but if the boys and lady could be bothered getting out of bed and looking for a job they might find one.

I have many Thai friends and they work in hotels restaurants shops. maybe the money not that good but at the end of the working day they go to sleep for work the next day. and look much happier and hopefully will not end up on drugs and in prison or dead.
So everyone enjoy yourselves in what ever bar you like but pay the bar fine and do it in privet

lo-so
March 5th, 2009, 21:03
Ben

You seem initially quite sympathetic to the boys' plight of working the bars but then go on to question their motives by hypothesising whether they could not in fact do better in finding a real job if they could be bothered to get out of bed. With no rudeness intended, why did you not heed your own advice and find a job rather than going on the game? Surely the financial position, amongst other social conditions, the boys find themselves in are probably much harder than those in more "developed" economies. Really no insult is intended but I am just curious about this apparent contradiction. It smacks somewhat of do as i say and not as I do- or in your case did!

In vino veritas.

MARK
March 6th, 2009, 01:11
Thailand is not a third world Country. (it's a poor county that's not the same.) just look at the news. and many of the guys offering their Services, are doing it because they need the money I understand that. But believe me its not easy money, I have been there and I hated every old punter I slept with. but I was young and on the streets in the uk .a long time ago.
I had no family and no where to stay so plenty old perverts picked me up.did what they wanted and kicked me out

Mark I enjoy the beer bar's (well some are very nice)
The difference is, I like to have a chat with a waiter have a drink with him. I don't go into go go bars because I find it difficult having a drink with a boy wanking over me. it's just not for me looking at the men wanking the boys for a few baht, I find disgusting.

last week someone told me he was in Jimmy James and a old man was rimming a young bay in the dam bar and the boy did it because he needs the money and really knows no better. why not just take the boy off, take care of him and do it in privet. No it cheaper to give him a few Baht in the bar. shame on you who ever you are.
and for Mr Poo being Thai Yes, he is Thai and it's up to Thai's what they do with each other It's THERE COUNTRY WE ARE ONLY GUEST. even if you own a bar your still a guest

Pattaya is a nice city and now there is a work problem, like everywhere, but if the boys and lady could be bothered getting out of bed and looking for a job they might find one.

I have many Thai friends and they work in hotels restaurants shops. maybe the money not that good but at the end of the working day they go to sleep for work the next day. and look much happier and hopefully will not end up on drugs and in prison or dead.
So everyone enjoy yourselves in what ever bar you like but pay the bar fine and do it in privet

Ben believe me or not you seem like a nice guy and I am 100% behind you on the point of if you like some body take them home and enjoy, I my self in 6 years in Pattaya never touched up or felt a guy in my bar or any other I am quite shy about things like that and donтАЩt like a lot of what I see in the bar and put out side the door many a customer that thinks a go-go bar is a bed room, much to there disgust only to be told its only a go-go bar you know. No consideration for the boy his privacy or any body elseтАЩs.

But sorry as For They are Thai and we are only guests as I pay Tax vat health insurance for the boys that work for me along with a lode of other things that NO THAI bar owner would do for his staff ( may be to ease my consions )on this one I must disagree and as I have lived here 5 years with out ever leaving Thailand I am entitled to apply for Thai citizenship so does that now make it ok to do what I do, to that MY answer is no the same as its not for a Thai, but life is what it is and we all have a destiny that we can change if we like its up to each of us to decide what is moral right or wrong and live with the consequences of our decisions and actions.
Mark.

Impulse
March 6th, 2009, 03:55
I have to agree that some guys go too far with the boys in the bar. I bought several boys drinks in Jimmy Jimmys and paid the off fee and took them away to my place,and tipped them well. Then I see some old european have about five boys jerk off and come in his mouth. Does he have no shame? I was embarrased and I was doing nothing but sitting behind this disgusting scene.

March 6th, 2009, 08:31
Thank you Mark
you seem like a nice guy and I'm very pleased that you take care of your staff, if fact I know some of your staff
maybe I need to have an open mind about what goes on in Pattaya. you have to be the only person I know that pays tax and health care for the staff,

I take on you opinion about Thai' owners I have no problem with Guys or girls selling themselves. up to everyone what we do in life. but I'm feed up with Farange really taking the piss. in fact I have never had a problem with the Thai's
wish I could say the same about some of the insane, falanges that come here and live here
I myself do care about thai people. But like us all I'm not perfect and don't wish to be so.

I did not just go and get a job because I was only 14 years old at the time. when I was 16 I went to work and have worked all my life.
For me living in Thailand for 2 years has been an eye opener but now it's time to return to the Uk which I hate.
but what can you do we all have to make a living, So it's back to work. if I can find a job.
I wish you all well
Ben

MARK
March 6th, 2009, 11:28
I have to agree that some guys go too far with the boys in the bar. I bought several boys drinks in Jimmy Jimmys and paid the off fee and took them away to my place,and tipped them well. Then I see some old european have about five boys jerk off and come in his mouth. Does he have no shame? I was embarrased and I was doing nothing but sitting behind this disgusting scene.

ItтАЩs just being cheep because they donтАЩt want to pay an off fee plus they know that they will get a way with paying 100/200 tip to the boy inside the bar.
Where is the manager well all this is going on? The boys at the krazy know if I was to see anything like that the farang would be out on his ear and I am always very polite and pay his bin for him as he is being escorted out. I loose a customer and the boys loose the tip it very soon stops it happening in the bar, because the boys themselves know how far to let the farangs go with out it becoming embarrassing for every body ells in the bar.
Very rarely see Thai customers behaving in this manner.

March 7th, 2009, 03:34
ItтАЩs just being cheep because they donтАЩt want to pay an off fee plus they know that they will get a way with paying 100/200 tip to the boy inside the bar.
Where is the manager well all this is going on? The boys at the krazy know if I was to see anything like that the farang would be out on his ear and I am always very polite and pay his bin for him as he is being escorted out. I loose a customer and the boys loose the tip it very soon stops it happening in the bar, because the boys themselves know how far to let the farangs go with out it becoming embarrassing for every body ells in the bar.
Very rarely see Thai customers behaving in this manner.

Congratulations on following this policy.

This sort of behaviour's very distasteful & if it goes on too much, the guy's not going to be on top form when he does get an off.