View Full Version : two guys opens later for dinner

lonelywombat
February 27th, 2009, 12:59
Just had an email from the new owner of TwoGuys and he is trying to maintain the same friendly club attitude that has always existed there. Best of luck for the future John.

This is his intro

Hi Everybody, as many of you know Two Guys has a new owner my name is John,

I have been around Pattaya for about 6 years.

I will run things much the way Stewart did and try to maintain the exclusive friendly club like atmosphere.

The new manager is Rut a very capable and friendly person, I am pleased to say Aek is still working here and we also have Pha as evening waiter.

Most of this month has been a blur for me, I have had to learn that getting up at 06.00 in the morning is not easy after being out until 02.00. My boyfriend on the other hand has no problem at all and would go party every other night given the chance (and the money).

I have already met lots of new and interesting people here and find it quite refreshing to hear the stories of the old Pattaya from some of our тАЬclub membersтАЭ

The bar is staying open later now and we will be introducing afternoon and evening snacks and sandwiches. I look forward to any helpful or constructive suggestions that you would like mention.

Nabaat
February 28th, 2009, 04:29
Hi

Is that John from Valentines, if so are you running both places as we were planning a trip down to pattaya next month.

Cheers

February 28th, 2009, 05:39
Just had an email from the new owner of TwoGuys and he is trying to maintain the same friendly club attitude that has always existed there. Best of luck for the future John.

This is what we want to hear. Hopefully there will be positive reports from customers on this forum during the remainder of the year.

TOQ
February 28th, 2009, 05:57
Hi

Is that John from Valentines, if so are you running both places as we were planning a trip down to pattaya next month.

Cheers

Yes, it is the same John. Im under the impression that he sold Valentines.

john

Nabaat
February 28th, 2009, 07:01
Hi TOQ

How's the shop coming along?

TOQ
February 28th, 2009, 07:21
Hi TOQ

How's the shop coming along?

Pretty good, should be finished by April 5th :)

Now Im broke again

john

daa raa
March 2nd, 2009, 08:17
About Two Guys Guesthouse...yes it is cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for. When I stayed there they never changed the sheets. Yes, I stayed under the new owner. Never again.

lonelywombat
March 2nd, 2009, 09:23
About Two Guys Guesthouse...yes it is cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for. When I stayed there they never changed the sheets. Yes, I stayed under the new owner. Never again.

I always thought him to be a bottom You learn every day

How long did you stay for and when

TOQ
March 2nd, 2009, 12:29

Thats not good to hear, Im due there on the 27th

john

travelerjim
March 3rd, 2009, 10:00

daa raa..
and friends...

Your experience is completely DIFFERENT from mine.
I recently (last week) stayed at Two Guys under the new owner...
and was completely satisfied and happy with my stay.

The front rooms were spacious and cleaned daily ...
with sheets and towels changed each day...700 baht including breakfast.

The waiters and staff were a joy to be around..
as was the new owner.

The Bangkok Post and Pattaya Mail and others...
are available along with many books to read in the lobby/dining area.

As Two-Guys was full this week...I moved next door to Kingfisher Guest House...
(Howards Hotel was a FULL HOUSE too)...
The Two-Guys owner arranged for my reservation at Kingfisher.

The rooms are Kingfisher are spacious, king beds, cable tv,
free wireless and a free computer/internet in their lobby.

Neither guesthouse location has a lift..but they do have strong-well built stairs and rails.

Friendly staff at Kingfisher Guesthouse...
and they are open 24 hours...which means you must
have your guest present their ID to reception to enter the guesthouse.
Room Rate of 600 baht (no breakfast) ..but I eat next door at Two-Guys :-)

The Two-Guys ALL-DAY Breakfast menu is excellent -
serving from 8:00am til early evening....
with complete breakfasts starting at 70 baht!

This morning I had two poached eggs on wheat toast,
with coffee, orange juice ...70 baht..a great value!

Yesterday I had french toast with maple syrup...
and sliced banana with whipped cream ...coffee and orange juice for 70 baht!

Their pancake breakfast with maple syrup, coffee and fruit & orange juice is 99 baht...
and filling...and good!

The full English Breakfast or Omelet Breakfast with fried potatoes
and toast with orange juice is 119 baht - and wonderful!!

My thanks to John - the new owner at Two-Guys...he is a friendly host...
(maybe not as chatty as the prior owner)...
but he is very welcoming and aims to take care of his guests...
and ....as for the Waiter Staff there - THANK YOU TOO :-)

tj

atri1666
March 3rd, 2009, 12:46
I will stay there from monday and will report also - i have booked the big room.

Geezer
March 3rd, 2009, 17:51
Those acquainted John, the present owner of Two Guys Guest House, know him to be meticulous and scrupulous. It would be completely out of character for John to preside over an enterprise which was not managed to perfection. John has retired from years in a career supervising workers who had to be held to exacting standards.

I cannot account for the previous negative report, but am certain it does not reflect the experience of other guests. Had the unthinkable condition existed and John been notified, it would have been corrected instantly.

Years ago, while having a six oтАЩclock Margarita at Panorama, I fell into conversation with a tourist who had been told by a someone he met in Hong Kong that the Ambiance was a dirty place to stay.

Well now, I knew a thing or two about the Ambiance having stayed there for months, and wanted to disabuse him of this misconception. I took him across the street to the Ambiance where I told the receptionist I wanted to show my friend three rooms at random. The desk clerk found three unoccupied rooms which we inspected.

We, of course, found the rooms, stairs and corridors to be spotless.

atri1666
March 16th, 2009, 02:06

Now i am back in europe and i can tell you i even not got what i paid for. I booked and paid for the big (large) room still with the old owner - large rooms are 101,203,305 and 407. I never stayed there and wanted to do because of the many recommendations. When i arrived i talked with the new owner and he asked me if i ever stayed. I not told him that i know the house very good. I got one of the 4 small rooms ( would be ok to stay for short time but i paid for more ). Next day i asked him again if i really have a big (large) room. He told me yes!! My thai boyfriend asked the staff and 100% answered i got the normal room not the large room. The sheets they change every 3 days. New towels and soap you get every day with a plastic bag. All the days i used to change messages with friends staying there already many times and they also confirmed me that i got only the normal room.
I dont start any scene with the owner but it was my first and my last stay and i even would no more visit friends there

Abuelo-old
March 16th, 2009, 08:33
I have stayed there a few times a long time ago and I remember the big rooms are to the front and overlook the street out front, and the smaller rooms don't have a view of the street but face an adjacent building. Which way did your room face? The best thing about the smaller rooms was they seemed quieter.

atri1666
March 16th, 2009, 10:17
I have stayed there a few times a long time ago and I remember the big rooms are to the front and overlook the street out front, and the smaller rooms don't have a view of the street but face an adjacent building. Which way did your room face? The best thing about the smaller rooms was they seemed quieter.

My room face an adjacent building - no view - only dirty innerside between 2 buildings. I know the large rooms look on the street. I was not expecting that - even after giving the chance of correction to the owner - i am still very angry.

March 16th, 2009, 10:27
Yes and It would seem the Curse of Monty's B&B (Looms to let) magic safes, in the now 2 Guys B&B rooms, has returned, a good friend of mine has just stay there and put 12000 Baht in to the Safe and when he came back to get the money out, It's 'Magic', now 9000 was in there. very clever not to take all of it, Mr. Richard DeтАЩVere http://richarddevere.com/ the World famous Illusionist, ( who is in town, as an advisor for the Grand Opening of THE NEW VENUE SHOW ROOM around April,) does not need to tell us how this trick is done, there is only a padlock on the safe, obviously there is two keys. Monty use to have this curse many times, most of us knew who is was, but you have to catch them at it before you can accuse any one. so Good Warning, keep your money on you, till the safes have been updated. Apart from that I hear it is still a good B&B to stay, with the new owner at the helm. From 600 baht a night.

For all those guys who keep messaging and emailing me: - ItтАЩs an Irony for Monty; the poor man, is still now waiting for the balance of his money for the Sale of his MontyтАЩs Pub. I hear an Ultimatum of the end of this month has been given so there is a chance for any one else who wants to purchase this Fine Business, In Jomtien Complex, so its looks as though we will have to Poppye the Sailor type character for a while, its good because we do need guys like him, to keep the fun going in Pattaya, so go and see Monty and listen to his stories, If he does not get enough customers he will be adding an extra 100 baht on the bill to pay his electric & water bills. now you know.

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 16th, 2009, 10:32

Thats not good to hear, Im due there on the 27th

john

remember..location, location, location.
:cheers:

## can't the fabulous Richard de Vere ( advisor for the Grand Opening of THE NEW VENUE SHOW ROOM ) do his famous Magic Card disappearing act on you ? :thumbright:

atri1666
March 16th, 2009, 14:16
I also not used the safe in the room. I could open the padlock within some seconds without key - took always everything with me.

March 16th, 2009, 15:04
Look deep into my eyes, deep into my eyes, not around the eyes, now you're under...

You will see not a dank, tired hotel over a kilometer from the beach, but a glistening, modern marvel with a shimmering swimming pool, Elton John at the piano bar, and a mere "steps" from the sand.

Three, two, one...and you're back in the room.

Patexpat
March 16th, 2009, 15:20
a couple of things I noticed quickly whilst looking at this master illusionists website so highly recommended by cocky ...

"NEWS & EVENTS

BEYOND BELIEF

Returns to
Blackpool Pleasure Beach for 2008 "

no ones booked him for this year then? Explains why is hanging out waiting for a job at a yet to be built hotel ....

oh, and ..

"This stunning illusions spectacular is not only amazing entertainment,
but also provides a great incite (sic) into how the art can for can stimulate other
eductaional (sic) projects .... "

Doesn't bode well if he can't even get his main advertising channel right!

March 16th, 2009, 15:25
Mr. Richard DeтАЩVere http://richarddevere.com/ the World famous Illusionist, ( who is in town, as an advisor for the Grand Opening of THE NEW VENUE SHOW ROOM around April,)

Why Does the Amazing and Fantastic The Venue need an illusionist as an advisor? Surely that's something they wouldn't want us to know. The main point of an illusionist is to deceive his audience into believing an illusion is reality....

And is he also going to create an illusion that Ocean 1 will be ready anytime soon?

Well may be your not familiar with this amazing Mans talents but if those who do know and have witnessed Mr. DeтАЩVere Award Winning phenomenal feats of illusion, you would want to see what is in store for the Lucky audience in the Main Show Room Of The Venue Gay Hotel and Spar Resort at Jomtien Beach.

If you did know about Richards Back ground and how he works around the World every year, Richard has played the London Palladium, Las Vegas, Florida's Palm Beach Club, Miami, Atlantic City, Paris, Barcelona, Korea and a national tour of Zimbabwe. These are of course in addition to appearances too numerous to detail in the UK. There are superlatives for every major performer. As far as Richard De Vere is concerned we leave you with these words:- This man's presentations are miles ahead of the tame run-of-the-mill illusionist, leaving his audiences completely spellbound and begging for more!"

He was also featured in several episodes of the popular fly-on-the-wall television series about the Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Richard is one of the leading exponents of the art of close-up magic and for devising new effects for both stage and television. Aside from directing and producing shows, his exciting approach towards his craft can only be expressed as "revolutionary" Richard has collected several major titles during his career - the most recent being the British Grand Prix and the American Ring for the consumer magic. His latest (and surely, ultimate) accolade is a 3.5 ton bronze permanent statue of himself with Schnorbitz in recognition of their work for charity.

The Stage commented: "Richard De Vere must rate as one of the world's top live stage illusionists and the man of the moment as far as magic is concerned.

So as you see The night shows there will not only be Magic but sensational Mind blowing unbelievable leaving you spell bound.

Fat man asks :- And is he also going to create an illusion that Ocean 1 will be ready anytime soon?

Even though the multi Millionaire Mr. Richard De'Vere has put a large deposit on one of the Penthouses with in The Ocean One Tower Plaza, I can give him some comfort, that even though the Project is in the Cocoon stage awaiting certain confirmation, from the govenment with all their up heavel at the Moment, it will be turning into one of the most beautiful butterflies to appear on this Horizon and the start of a Dubai Style sky line, along Jomtien Beach, I know some people are trying to catch me out, with my first foe par and amazing record of getting all my info right up to now, with this project, I can assure you it will be happening, even though I must be the only person apart from the owners and govenment who believe it. Cumming soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

March 16th, 2009, 15:29
Zimbabwe! Even the great Houdini -- a far lesser illusionist, by the sounds of it -- never made it that far. I'm sure he was paid trillions for his performance there (in local currency).

March 16th, 2009, 15:46
a couple of things I noticed quickly whilst looking at this master illusionists website so highly recommended by cocky ...

"NEWS & EVENTS

BEYOND BELIEF

Returns to
Blackpool Pleasure Beach for 2008 "

no ones booked him for this year then? Explains why is hanging out waiting for a job at a yet to be built hotel ....

oh, and ..

"This stunning illusions spectacular is not only amazing entertainment,
but also provides a great incite (sic) into how the art can for can stimulate other
eductaional (sic) projects .... "

Doesn't bode well if he can't even get his main advertising channel right!

No my friend he is here visiting his good friends, who incidentally use to be well respected Theatrical Agents, who are running this VENUE PROJET and Richard is trying to get a bit of a Break, after Pantomime in the UK to start his Las Vegas style show In the North of England in May, http://www.richarddevere.com/beyondbelief.htm and also trying to fit in a mind blowing round of venues, all over the world. If you see him around Town, say hello Richard, тАЬThe CockтАЭ told me all about you, he will know what your talking about, IтАЩm sure, he is very approachable and a great fun guy.

By the way, I'm sorry to see your so (sic) :pukeleft:

March 16th, 2009, 15:50
"Well-respected theatrical agents"...didn't know there was such a thing. You really are full of interesting information, Cockamamie.

March 16th, 2009, 15:56
I dont doubt you do, you have to have lived in the real world to know suck things. or may be your just cockeyed, this is fun!!! :sunny:

March 16th, 2009, 15:59
"Suck things"...yeah, I know a thing about those, too.

March 16th, 2009, 16:04
Your sooo predicktable........ I'm really getting to like you, at least you also have a fun sence of humor :geek:

March 16th, 2009, 16:08
I have a fun "sense" of humor, too, Cockamamie.

Michael
March 16th, 2009, 16:12
http://richarddevere.com/images/flyer2008.jpg

WOW - the world famous Schnorbitz, co-stars with Richard De Vere, is Schnorbitz in Pattaya?

March 16th, 2009, 16:15
My guess is that you'll find Schnorbiz (and his furry buddies) on the "daily specials" in The Venue's dining room.

atri1666
March 16th, 2009, 19:41
Have some good news >>> my problems with the guesthouse are now finished. We found a solution

March 16th, 2009, 19:48
fattman says quote :- Thanks for that wonderful profile of Mr Amazing, Cocky, but it still doesn't answer my question as to why THE VENUE (sorry - have to copy your style for that) needs an illusionist as an ADVISOR (your words). What is he advising them on? end quote

Yes Mr. fattmanтАжтАж ThatтАЩs the point, until you Visit, you will never know, but I can assure you a wonderful reception, you wonтАЩt believe your eyes, when you do go, you sound as though you are not unused to a good rotund night out like me may be we will meet, I'm the one who looks like a Palm tree in the corner, with the Big leafy hat :drunken:

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 16th, 2009, 21:00
Thanks for that wonderful profile of Mr Amazing, Cocky, but it still doesn't answer my question as to why THE VENUE (sorry - have to copy your style for that) needs an illusionist as an ADVISOR (your words). What is he advising them on? (Apart from tricking the guests into believing Elton is tickling the ivories in the foyer)

I think the answer may be..that as the fabulos Mr Richard de Vere (advisor for the Grand Opening of THE NEW VENUE SHOW ROOM ) is in show business..and the New Venue is actually opening a show room..he's organising the FUCKING OPENING NIGHT..of the gala premier performance in the sensational NEW VENUE SHOW ROOM..which is located in the gorgerous new VENUE in Jomtien (swimming pool included).

even a bunny like you could make that leap of logic.

alternatively..you can sit across the road and watch all the fun and miss out completely on the gala evening which will be packed with the most handsome Thai Guys. Up to you ! :reindeer:

Geezer
March 16th, 2009, 21:23
OтАЩBooze, youтАЩre running a poor second for the glib trophy.

March 16th, 2009, 21:46
I must own up to being closer to Mr.DeVERE then I really told you, I'm only telling you this to be Honest and I know you Search Hawks out there, will find me out, because while Richard was playing in The USA I did get caught out.

Please forgive me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrmxsACFrk

Now I have given away what I really look like, :ura: do say hello.

If you have not yet met the man who is running this amazing VENUE HOTEL COMPLEX Mr. Lay, here he is, the guy with the blone hair, not the one being called a Hippo, when we have not met up for a while http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F86K3KQ ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F86K3KQty8&feature=related) :occasion2:

Lunchtime O'Booze
March 16th, 2009, 22:20
OтАЩBooze, youтАЩre running a poor second for the glib trophy.

the half dozen moaning minnie sad sacks on here wouldn't put their hands in their pocket for a second drink, let alone a trophy for moi. :salute:

krobbie
March 17th, 2009, 01:36
Have some good news >>> my problems with the guesthouse are now finished. We found a solution

Artri, the thread seems to have been hijacked by the miracle man,

Pleased that you have managed to sort out your accommodation problem with the owner of Two Guys B&B. You have not told us how it worked out?

Now you can have a good holiday. Oh, why don';t you buy a new lock for the safe, that way you will have the only keys?

Cheers
krobbie

atri1666
March 17th, 2009, 01:48

Artri, your thread seems to have been hijacked by the miracle man,

Pleased that you have managed to sort out your accommodation problem with the owner of Two Guys B&B. You have not told us how it worked out?

Now you can have a good holiday. Oh, why don';t you buy a new lock for the safe, that way you will have the only keys?

Cheers
krobbie

We changed some mails and have spoken about the problem - now it is finished because we found a solution.
I have already my own lock for the safe - have always 2 with me (for sauna and for room or massage place)

kodiak
March 17th, 2009, 03:19
Amazing how this thread was hijacked......

I was interested in the beginning only to turn into a headache

I appreciate the info on the new 2 guys guesthouse info......as i have stayed at Howards in the past...and look forward to trying 2 guys place out.....

for 700 baht sounds like a decent value......except for the safe thing......new owners should correct this straight away...as i rely on these safes for my passport and my money......

Never had problem with the safes at Howards...they worked quite well........just make sure boy doesnt try and peek at yuor pin number....they are very sly...!! But not sly enough for me...heheh