PDA

View Full Version : Birdcage Redux?? Number One Boy Bar in Day Night Pattaya...

catawampuscat
February 26th, 2009, 23:28
A big new boy go go bar called Number One Boy has opened in the
Day-Night Area just off Soi Day-Night 2 in the old JJ Pub.
It is big and well appointed with a big stage, good air conditioning and
good lighting.
It takes a brave soul to open another boy go go bar in the Day Night area
after so many have come and gone. Only Office Boy seems to have anchored itself in the general area and has a following.

Number One Boy is as big as Birdcage and also has a show..
I understand they are well staffed and more like a BKK boy go go bar or
a Pattayaland soi 1,2,3 style of boys than a Sunee go go bar.
It seems like queer timing to open at the end of high season but one can
only hope the new owners have deep pockets and patience.
Maybe this will get X in Pattaya out again for one more bar hop and he
can report back or anyone else for that matter. :cat:

x in pattaya
February 27th, 2009, 07:51
Maybe this will get X in Pattaya out again for one more bar hop and he
can report back or anyone else for that matter. :cat:

A) Just to prove that my slut-itude is boundless, one of my regular barboys called to announce that he was departing for two weeks of bucolic pursuits back home with the family, so I intend to high-tail it to his bar tonight to off someone there who I saw awhile ago. One problem with having a regular at a bar is that offing another boy from the same place creates hurt feelings. Since I don't actually go in the bar anymore I assume I won't be recognized and will avoid being ratted on :pale: ... or there will be hell to pay in a couple of weeks.

B) Speaking of which, his was the THIRD call from regulars announcing they were taking a brief sabbatical in the hinterlands. Is it something to do with rice? Despite my intimate knowledge of several rice farmers, I have never been able to fathom when or what things need to be done with rice.

C) Could you be a bit more explicit in the location of this new money laundering operation тАж oops, I mean boy bar. I have no idea where the old JJ Pub is/was and havenтАЩt noticed any feverish construction work in the Day/Night area тАж not that that means anything.

D)
It seems like queer timing to open at the end of high season If you want to tempt me into making sarcastic comments, the bait needs to be a bit more subtle than this.

francois
February 27th, 2009, 09:04
Not sure of exact location but near Blue House Massage and parking area for TukCom.

lonelywombat
February 27th, 2009, 09:18
Not sure of exact location but near Blue House Massage and parking area for TukCom.

The map of day/night area map on
gayaffairspattaya.com
shows the location right behind the Blue House massage

francois
February 27th, 2009, 10:26
Sorry for confusion. I meant to say Number One Boy is near Royal House Massage near TukCom parking area; Soi 3, Day Night. But another poster says at old JJ Pub on Soi 2 Day Night. Anyone know for sure?

Smiles
February 27th, 2009, 10:32
" ... "(B) Speaking of which, his was the THIRD call from regulars announcing they were taking a brief sabbatical in the hinterlands. Is it something to do with rice? Despite my intimate knowledge of several rice farmers, I have never been able to fathom when or what things need to be done with rice ... "
Typical farang elitism: i.e. not learning everything one can about rice ... the kinds of rice ... the seasons for sowing, picking, hoarding/selling rice ... the fertilizers to use or not to use on the rice ... the reverence all around the 'essence' of rice. Tsk tsk tsk.

As for the question: this time ~ and it gets a bit more intense as the next few months go on ~ is the season for cleaning up the paddies in readiness for the planting. Most fields (in Isaan that is . . . the 'season' there differs from the Chao Phraya valley and some parts south which can sustain more than one harvest) are now brown and dry and require some good deal of labourious (and very hot!) work to get cleaned up, including a lot of burning activity which can brownify ( :rabbit: ) the air all over the plateau.

Cheers ...

February 27th, 2009, 10:50
Number one poster.

Now this is what I call good Info, to the point something new and Interesting and plenty if Information.

Thanks Catty keep this up and Ill have to start writing much more positive things about you, as unfortunately the truth is not always nice. Unless you make it truthful an Informative as you have here. Now youтАЩre talking more like our alto Hero and writing more like him, "LMTU" :tongue:

x in pattaya
February 27th, 2009, 12:12
Typical farang elitism: i.e. not learning everything one can about rice ... the kinds of rice ... the seasons for sowing, picking, hoarding/selling rice ... the fertilizers to use or not to use on the rice ... the reverence all around the 'essence' of rice. Tsk tsk tsk.

Just reading your message I can almost smell the fertilizer in the air.

... require some good deal of labourious (and very hot!) work to get cleaned up, including a lot of burning activity which can brownify ...

I'm all in favor of labourious work (performed by others) and brownifying ... bulging brown muscles, bas relief like abs, firm creamy mound-like buttocks , a hint of smoky musky eau-de-rice-farmer ... I'm definitely learning to appreciate the whole rice farming thing, but I may need to lie down for a few minutes while I contemplate it all. Two weeks seems to be a long, long time to wait.

x in pattaya
February 27th, 2009, 13:02
Ok, so braving the midday sun and the terribly teutonic tourists trekking to the Tuesday/Friday market, I checked the place out.

JJ Pub & Karaoke is still alive and well judging by all the signs in front. But as you are standing with JJ Pub on your right, you will see a little soi a little bit ahead and off to the left. There is a (surprise, surprise) Family Mart on the corner and there is also a sign with Coca Cola logo announcing Number One Boys with an arrow aimed down the small soi. The bar is directly behind the Family Mart.

On this map it would be where He! Nicky Club is indicated. You'll need to go to the website to see the whole map:
http://gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/maps.htm

http://gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/images/day-night-map_06.jpg
http://gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/images/day-night-map_08.jpg

The only things I saw in English were Number One Boys, JJ Pub(apparently the owner/operator) and the word "dance." The rest of the signage was in Thai, which probably suggests the market which they are targeting.

If it is in fact a gogo bar, then the most important feature will be the boys and I can't report on that... yetтАж and probably not any time soon.

The old mantra Location, Location, Location came to mind, to which the response in this case would have to be Not There, Not There, Not There!

It may very well succeed if its intention is to appeal to Thais and maybe full-time residents who hear about it by word of mouth. I'm all in favor of bars off the beaten track that don't attract masses of touristos ( my current all-time favorite being located on Soi Lengkee). But if they think they're going to do much business with tourists they really picked a dubious place to try that.

Bon Chance Number One Boys!

February 27th, 2009, 13:53
sounds more like a Dudes/Body language type place?

lonelywombat
February 27th, 2009, 16:09

LMTU used to swear by JJ Pub and disco. But now he has gone to God it might be run down

I suggested a few weeks ago a dudes style disco within Sunee a great idea. I hope this is the answer

catawampuscat
March 1st, 2009, 00:33

LMTU used to swear by JJ Pub and disco. But now he has gone to God it might be run down

I suggested a few weeks ago a dudes style disco within Sunee a great idea. I hope this is the answer

I heard there was a big birthday bash at Dudes tonite but I am all in and
ready to hit the sheets.. The superboy who just left my condo is on his way to Dudes to celebrate and I am off to recuperate from a perfect ten.. :cat:

lonelywombat
March 1st, 2009, 07:10

I heard there was a big birthday bash at Dudes tonite but I am all in and
ready to hit the sheets.. The superboy who just left my condo is on his way to Dudes to celebrate and I am off to recuperate from a perfect ten.. :cat:

Unsure whether superboy was all in, or you were all in superboy. Never mind you should be fit again in the morning

catawampuscat
March 1st, 2009, 09:49
[/quote]

Unsure whether superboy was all in, or you were all in superboy. Never mind you should be fit again in the morning[/quote]

Thanks lonely wombat for the morning chuckle and very appropriate.. :cat:

March 1st, 2009, 10:13
JJ Pub use to be Hot you got Guys there I love the ones who would not be seen dead in Boyz Town or Sunee and are Super star handsome and only wanting to pay there rent.but after a few times get to like you.

When I first went to JJ Pub I said Wow I wish I could have some of the guys here to The Drinks Captain, they are what I just love, super stars, тАЬpoint to one he said< he is yoursтАЭ, yes but the guy I want it with all those Girls over there, he said yes Golf works in JJ Karaoke and is available, with in minutes he was with me, out the door and Wow must be one of the biggest guys in Pattaya, I think he is still working in JJ Karaoke, amazing guy. No wonder the women love him, try him your see what I mean even though he is a few years older now.

Also try the karaokeтАЩs bars along Soi Chiapoom you get some stunners there also you can off all guys in karaokeтАЩs, but in Bangkok now, in the bars very Medioka looks, apart from X-Boys Wow, The best, but The wash rooms and around the Royal Palace and massage Parlors, and some of the saunas, you get some stunners there,

Nest time, IтАЩm in Pattaya, Ill be in this new bar, as I love Dudes, X-ray and DaveтАЩs on Soi 8 big but manageable :pirate: