PDA

View Full Version : Euroboys and Cocktail bars in Sunee for sale

Dani69
February 26th, 2009, 20:50
Any body fancy owning a Sunee Gogo bar ( not sure if boys are included)
Even if you dont some nice photos of Sunee parties in there including Valentines day.
Enjoy. http://www.euroboys.asia/

February 26th, 2009, 21:30
IF YOU HAVE A BUDGET TO OPEN A BAR, WHY DOES NO ONE SPEND THE LIONS SHARE OF IT ON FINDING HANDSOME BOYS UP COUNTRY AND DONT DO AS SOME FARANG OWNERS, DONT GIVE THE MAMASAM 20,000 TO GO AND GET SOME BOYS, THEY WILL SPEND IT ON THEM SELvES, GO WITH THEM, POINT TO THE GUYS YOU THINK WILL SELL SIMPLE.

TAKE A LOOK AT "NICE BOYS", "HAPPY BOYS", THEN GET BETTER LOOKING BOYZ THAN THEY HAVE IN THOSE BARS, YOU WONT LOOSE YOUR SHIRT, YOUR BE FULL OF CUSTOMERS, WHEN THE WORD GETS OUT FRESH NEW MEAT IN TOWN, THEN KEEP IT STOCKED UP EVERY FEW WEEKS.

SO SIMPLE, BUT NO ONE IS LISTENING?

I took one look in "COCKTAIL' YUK.

Sorry I had to shout, but I think some bar owners are deaf.

February 27th, 2009, 01:12
Nice photos. Let's hope someone takes over the bar & doesn't ruin it.

colmx
February 27th, 2009, 02:16
4 million for euroboys... and then have to pay rent on top of that?
For 4mio i would expect to buy the building outright!

neddy3
February 27th, 2009, 09:25
Anything Cockalicky ever reported about any bar was inaccurate, in my observations.

Euroboys is a neat little operation, good vibes and happy boys. Cocktail never really seemed to get off the ground.

CoffeeBreak
February 27th, 2009, 09:42
Is this a joke or what?
Cocktail bar wants 5 million baht for a mere 3 year lease.
it lists monthly expenses as 30,000 rent, water @ 3,000 and electric @ 12,000.
No mention is made of staff wages, stock etc or other expenses.
On a rough calculation even if 3 years remain on the lease and factoring in all monthly expenses someone would have to make over 10,000 baht a day for 3 years just to break even.
I reckon the place likely makes less than 1,000 per day, hence the sale.

Does anyone ever go to this bar?
Look closely at the web site as on the one hand it says seating for 40, but then tries to say 75.

This "sale" must be in line for scam of the year.......

February 27th, 2009, 11:02
Nice%20photos.%20Let's%20hope%20someone%20takes%20 over%20the%20bar%20&%20doesn't%20ruin%20it.

i understand that many of those photos for euroboys were borrowed from www.pattayapassion.com (http://www.pattayapassion.com).

x in pattaya
February 27th, 2009, 11:18
Is this a joke or what?
Cocktail bar wants 5 million baht for a mere 3 year lease.

Does anyone ever go to this bar?
Look closely at the web site as on the one hand it says seating for 40, but then tries to say 75.

This "sale" must be in line for scam of the year.......

For those of us who are geographically challenged and unable to keep up with the ever changing name game in Sunnee, is/was Cocktail Boys once Topman??

MARK
February 27th, 2009, 11:21
Love the price they are asking :joker:, and yes think they must be a joke for the first time I agree with CoffeeBreak :cheers: . Whose calculations seem quite close to me. If they sell for half that price they may be worth a look into and if they sell then I am up for sale :drunken: and at a realistic price that the buyer makes a living :cheers: not just the seller a killing :scratch: . Everybody has just been given new 3 year leases so that is why they are pushing now.
Krazy Dragon cost 10.000bht per day to open the door, and yes it does make a profit :study: .
Some over heads never talked about.
BIB I think better not say but closes to the rents :salute:
Ice
Laundry
Manager
Barman
Cashier
Waiters
Commissions pay to boys
Air con servicing
Building maintenance
Bar licenses
The list is really to boring to go in to.
Good look if they sell BUYER do your home work.
Mark.

bigben
February 27th, 2009, 11:52
Expenses expenses........where does it all end?

But wait !!!! Think of all the money you save by not having to change all the air filters since you are one of the bars (or so one of the P/C posters advises) that loath smokers in the bar. And what about all the water you save by not having to wash all those nasty ashtrays.

Ice??? Yup major expense of a bar now-a-days. What is the cost now...40 baht for a large potato sack size of ice??? delivered.

Oh, and now we are even for your nasty & uncalled for comment you made toward me on another thread not to long ago.

Kisses and Hugs all around..........OK?

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

MARK
February 27th, 2009, 12:19

But wait !!!! Think of all the money you save by not having to change all the air filters since you are one of the bars (or so one of the P/C posters advises) that loath smokers in the bar. And what about all the water you save by not having to wash all those nasty ashtrays.

Ice??? Yup major expense of a bar now-a-days. What is the cost now...40 baht for a large potato sack size of ice??? delivered.

Oh, and now we are even for your nasty & uncalled for comment you made toward me on another thread not to long ago.

Kisses and Hugs all around..........OK?

bigben I donтАЩt loath smokers, just because I donтАЩt allow smoking in the bar, if I stepped over the line on the last post then I apologies.
Do you realize no body on the board ever asked if I smoke or not ?

Mark.

MARK
February 27th, 2009, 12:31
IF YOU HAVE A BUDGET TO OPEN A BAR, WHY DOES NO ONE SPEND THE LIONS SHARE OF IT ON FINDING HANDSOME BOYS UP COUNTRY AND DONT DO AS SOME FARANG OWNERS, DONT GIVE THE MAMASAM 20,000 TO GO AND GET SOME BOYS, THEY WILL SPEND IT ON THEM SELvES, GO WITH THEM, POINT TO THE GUYS YOU THINK WILL SELL SIMPLE.

TAKE A LOOK AT "NICE BOYS", "HAPPY BOYS", THEN GET BETTER LOOKING BOYZ THAN THEY HAVE IN THOSE BARS, YOU WONT LOOSE YOUR SHIRT, YOUR BE FULL OF CUSTOMERS, WHEN THE WORD GETS OUT FRESH NEW MEAT IN TOWN, THEN KEEP IT STOCKED UP EVERY FEW WEEKS.

SO SIMPLE, BUT NO ONE IS LISTENING?

So simple? I doubt it. Not every Isaan boy wants to be a prostitute.

And they rely donтАЩt want there family to know, oh if it was so simple I would hire 10 trucks, thatтАЩs after I opened rooms the 60 homeless boys I just shipped in.

catawampuscat
February 27th, 2009, 14:25
I have seen what happens when the van finally arrives from Isaan and
a half dozen to a dozen bedazzled and unkempt boys from the villages
sit/stand in a new go go boy bar and look at what is happening and what
they are expected to do later that nite or the next nite..

Often, most of the boys last for a few hours or a few days and then they
disappear as the scene is not for everyone.
Some of the boys are away from home for the first time and miss their
parents and siblings and village and realize that they should have stayed
in school.
OK, that is what I think, when I see the new boys with the earth
from their farms still on their flipflops and the fear in their eyes as they
stare at the strange foreigners, called falangs/farangs and perhaps viewed in
the flesh for the first time. Oh, what a fearsome sight that must be !
The mamasans and the agents are paid to bring back bodies and of course,
cannot be responsible if they only stay for a short time.

As Mark wisely stated, if it was so easy and so obvious, everyone would do it but it is always easier to give unsolicited advise and proclaim wisdom when you are on the outside looking in.
Many foolish farangs play the bar owner game and most sadly learn the lesson about making a small fortune.. start with a large one.. :cat:

February 27th, 2009, 15:56
Anything Cockalicky ever reported about any bar was inaccurate, in my observations.

Euroboys is a neat little operation, good vibes and happy boys. Cocktail never really seemed to get off the ground.

Where as I do like to spar with any one who seems to know what there talking about, but are slightly off key, when some one like you makes sweeping statements that are totally unfounded and you have no evidence to prove it, I do love to say :-

Show us your evidence Mr. Neddy3 then I can respect you, but just to say nothing I say is accurate, is more like a jealous guy who contributes nothing to this forum, but put downs and innuendoes.

Go away and show me the evidence, you must have the entire proof if your so adamants about it.

But I know you canтАЩt as all I say comes from the people Involved, not from what I make up. I would soon be caught out with all the well Informed posters here and up until now never have beenтАжAs you seem to be good at making up untruths. When you canтАЩt return with any evidence, we can prove, Ill assume that to be an apology.

Oh Yippee Good to see "Catty" is answering my Posts Via second hand posts now, I knew you loved my posts really lol Life is so boring with out fun people around, donтАЩt you think?

February 27th, 2009, 16:11
I have seen what happens when the van finally arrives from Isaan

As Mark wisely stated, if it was so easy and so obvious, everyone would do it but it is always easier to give unsolicited advise and proclaim wisdom when you are on the outside looking in.
Many foolish farangs play the bar owner game and most sadly learn the lesson about making a small fortune.. start with a large one.. :cat:
To answer MARK and CATTY who never reads my posts, this is fun, as if IтАЩm talking to a dead person, via the spirit world? lol

Tell that to Beer of nice Boys and Nui of good Boys Noi of sawadee Boys, Plus the Owners of ABOMB or DREAM BOYS to name a few, who go them selves and get the boys and make sure thy come back with only what sells,тАЭ The guys tell there family, they are going to work in a Hotel" wow you are Naive, you must know that, but in reality the family know where the Money comes from, if they see any of it, , its only farang owners to lazy to go and get New guys.....

As I have said before, many just give a mamasam 20 or 30,000 baht to go up country and get boys and are surprised when they come back with none and it shows in there bar. I use to see the Mamasam of Jim jim Jimmies every night, when I was out on my late night rounds, chatting up any boy on Beach Road or Bali Hi Pier, he was good at finding boys also, some guys do bring there mates, but not often enough.

MARK
February 27th, 2009, 16:54
I would like to know why you think I donтАЩt read your posts?
I consider Nui of good Boys and Noi of sawadee Boys? To be good friendтАЩs pity you canтАЩt even keep up with who owns which bars now.
Nui often lends me staff if I am short on waiters doormen ect, as for go-go dancers we all have the same problem recruiting and keeping boys over 18 with ID CARD.
If you know so much about recruiting boys why donтАЩt you come and do some work both my self and Nui would appreciate some new boys thatтАЩs if your just not one of those lazy farangs that has nothing to do.
Sure you would love to be a talent scout.

catawampuscat
February 27th, 2009, 17:09
Mark, your future talent scout was probably referring to his omnipresence on my foe lists.
No doubt we will hear more from him but I will be spared the babblecock and wise men should consider the foe listing feature.. :cat:

SoiVC Slut-old
February 27th, 2009, 17:18
I do not think I have ever run across anyone that is so "full of himself" as this Cockalicky
What a pompous boob :pukeleft: :pukeright:

February 27th, 2009, 17:41
I would like to know why you think I donтАЩt read your posts?
I consider Nui of good Boys and Noi of sawadee Boys? To be good friendтАЩs pity you canтАЩt even keep up with who owns which bars now.
Nui often lends me staff if I am short on waiters doormen ect, as for go-go dancers we all have the same problem recruiting and keeping boys over 18 with ID CARD.
If you know so much about recruiting boys why donтАЩt you come and do some work both my self and Nui would appreciate some new boys thatтАЩs if your just not one of those lazy farangs that has nothing to do.
Sure you would love to be a talent scout.

No not you MARK I was talking about Catawampus catty who for some reason has got just about any one who is any one in his Ignore list, but it must get so boring for him, he is having to answer my posts second hand.

Yes I have known Nui since he worked for Miss Sunee as her assistant and also I was taken to Miss Sunees amazing wooden Thai style home years ago, just off the motor way, must of be 15 years ago, after that Nui was the Mamasam of Super Queen, then Crazy Pub, he is renown for getting the right guys with the biggest portions and I know he going just about every 2 months to Korat to recruit more guys, this is why he has some of the Good Guys of Sunee in his Bar, that is why you have to borrow them.

As for me recruiting Boys for you, may be I would do very well, as I consider my self with Impeccable taste, even you took a Boy once I sponsored in the тАЬBest looking Boy Contest, I had to go to another venue also, came back and was told he was taken home by you and he was with you for some time, I never did go with him, even though he did offer, I donтАЩt like sloppy seconds, I have my long time boyfriend who was incidentally Voted the тАЬMost Handsome Boy In PattayaтАЭ in 2001 at the ICON Show bar, what with the New VENUE HOTEL & Show Bar nearly ready to hit town at the old BONDI HOTEL, it is wonderful some thing New is about to happen and it is rumored to have some of the Most Handsome MEN in Thailand on offer there.

No its not my way to be a pimp, I like to pay for sex, not fish for in fertile waters, even though saying that, so many handsome boys here in Bangkok where I have my house, around the Palace and other places, I wonder why they never find there way to Pattaya, they never charge more that 500 baht and are so much more handsome then most of the Guys who now frequents Pattaya, also so much free sex, in the wash rooms of Bangkok with un believable handsome guys of all ages, so no need to bother to wonder around the country, now my private pension has clicked in and the money I make in my business here in Bangkok, I just donтАЩt need it, good luck to you, I like to get out and about not be a prisoner to a Bar for pea nuts.

SoiVC Slut-old
February 27th, 2009, 17:48
"No its not my way to be a pimp, I like to pay for sex, not fish for in fertile waters, even though saying that, so many handsome boys here in Bangkok where I have my house, around the Palace and other places, I wonder why they never find there way to Pattaya, they never charge more that 500 baht and are so much more handsome then most of the Guys who now frequents Pattaya, also so much free sex, in the wash rooms of Bangkok with un believable handsome guys of all ages, so no need to bother to wonder around the country,"

If this is the case sir, why do we see you walking around Sunee Plaza most weekends usually with some local boy in tow

February 27th, 2009, 18:41
I do not think I have ever run across anyone that is so "full of himself" as this Cockalicky
\
\
Hi SoiVC Yes I expect I do come over Pompous, how nice of you, but I had 18 months of famine a few years ago, so now I can enjoy my self and treat my self to being Pompous now, you should try it, you may love the feeling of being full of self esteem.
Dictionary found one entry =

Relating to or suggestive of pomp : MAGNIFICENT marked by stately grandeur and lavishness <a magnificent way of life>

Yes if you see me there some weeks or weekends, Its because I belong to a Dinner Club of friends, I have known for many years and we go to different restaurants like. Mata Hari www.mataharirestaurant.com (http://www.mataharirestaurant.com) One time or
www.auboncoinpattaya.com (http://www.auboncoinpattaya.com) another
also Lux'or Restaurant
Soi Day-Night 2
Phone: (0) 3872 - 3741
Email: hlmt@loxinfo.coth
Located opposite the Flamingo Hotel, gay-owned and managed restaurant featuring great European food in lush surroundings. Already very popular - bookings recommended. Prices moderate. Open for dinner every night.

And some times Gian's
Chateau Dale Plaza, Thappraya Rd
Phone: (0) 3836 - 4934 Fax: (0) 3836 тАУ 4833
New Italian restaurant, open for lunch and dinner, good wine selection, proces moderate also some times NEWS CAFE STEAK & GRILL
306/89, Moo. 10, Chateau Dale, Thappraya Road, Nonprue, PATTAYA 20260 038 267174

Now a New one, he is a new kid in town, is the Cafe Ritz in the Jomtien complex.
Eight of us went there this week for dinner.
All were seasoned, critical diners and all awarded it 5 stars
well worth a trip, I would book though itтАЩs pretty busy. Cafe Ritz
Jomtien Complex, Thappraya Rd
Phone: (087) 912-9108

Then for a special occasions like one of our Birthdays as recently, with mine, Grill Room, Royal CliffтАж.at http://www.royalcliff.com/lng-english/restaurant.php

I go every few weeks to see close friends and also, if there is anything new and exciting around, I do take them off your right. But the good thing as you may know is if you live in Thailand and you know all the old tired guys and only need the new fresh ones. But of course I have a few regulars, I have known a few years, but they are more friends I help out, now and again.

DonтАЩt say why do I say I go to only expensive restaurant, IтАЩm more Pompous , we take our own wine, as we love good wine and then the bill is for a maximum of 500, or 1000 each or may be 2000 baht or 3000 very rarely.

Nice chatting you did ask :blackeye:

February 27th, 2009, 18:53

The ignore feature works very well on the new website.

This post was made by Cockalicky who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

February 27th, 2009, 19:14
What a pompous boob :sunny:

The ignore feature works very well on the new website.

I dont blame you he should not talk about my boobies like that :clown:

Yes its is good not that I use it, I have lots of will power, if some one is boring or a big a buffoon, I can stop my self looking no problem, must be for wimps, if you have to stop your self looking automatically, but I know of some people who have to still look at some fun posters, even though they are on there foe list :sunny:

You cant please all the people all the time and its so much more fun, when youтАЩre surrounded with only good friends, not people with a hang up.

February 27th, 2009, 20:16

kisses and Hugs all around..........OK?
bigben I donтАЩt loath smokers, just because I donтАЩt allow smoking in the bar, if I stepped over the line on the last post then I apologies.
Mark.
Too late your all ready on our "ignore" list, and we don't mean on sgt...lol ...not that you care right?

SoiVC Slut-old
February 27th, 2009, 21:18
With a ramble like the one you just gave Cockalicky you have just made my point.

That you would bring your own wine into the numerous restaurants you have mentioned is not surprising at all. I have been to all the restaurants you mentioned , with the exception of one, and would not even consider insulting my host by bringing my own wine. But then again, some people will do about anything.

February 27th, 2009, 21:39
I dont bring the wine they do, to 3 of the restaurants, whats a ramble to you, is Interesting Info to others, you are sounding Pompous now. join the Club :pukeleft:

Nice chatting any way, Im sure your an Interesting guy. :tongue:

giggsy
February 27th, 2009, 22:49

Mark.
Too late your all ready on our "ignore" list, and we don't mean on sgt...lol ...not that you care right?

when i ran my bar (admittedly not in los) i never discussed politics or religion and i certainly didn't slag of anyone who smoked...never mind cat will keep you company no doubt and tell you what a wonderful job you are doing!!

MARK
February 28th, 2009, 01:29

Mark.
No how childish. :tongue:

kittyboy
February 28th, 2009, 03:31
I met Michael the swedish manager of Euroboys and Cocktail when I was in pattaya this january. We hung out a few nights. He seemed like a real nice guy and worked very hard at running the two bars. Just observing him, I strongly suspect that running a go go bar or host bar in sunee or other parts of pattaya is much much more difficult than making the occasional trip up country and bringing down fresh (good looking, handsome, masculine, etc... toss in your own description) meat for the farangs to consume. He was constantly going back and forth between the bars... trying to keep the businesses going.

I wish him good luck.

I also suspect that those who offer advice on how to run a business mostly have their heads up their asses and don't know a thing about the process.

catawampuscat
February 28th, 2009, 09:11
I also suspect that those who offer advice on how to run a business mostly have their heads up their asses and don't know a thing about the process.
I agree whole-heartedly kittyboy, but there is a cat hating wacko who might
take issue with your statement. After all, he knows everything about everything, everything about everybody and of course he knows all the right people and goes to all the right restaurants and parties. Not... :cat:

February 28th, 2009, 09:42
....I also suspect that those who offer advice on how to run a business mostly have their heads up their asses and don't know a thing about the process.

I'll take my head out of my a$$ long enough to suggest waiting until Low Season is almost over before buying a bar. Buy in Sept, soft opening in Oct, fully operational in Nov.

Then in March sell it to some other schmuck.

.....(gently reinserting head up a$$ :bootyshake:)....

February 28th, 2009, 09:44
take issue with your statement. After all, he knows everything about everything, everything about everybody and of course he knows all the right people and goes to all the right restaurants and parties. Not... :cat:

Wow Put your Claws away Catty :cat: , Oh dear sounds like Green is your colour, with envy, I mean, you should never show your colours or may be its the tatse of those Sour Grapes, Nothing wrong with the 199 special at OLE every night, but it must get boring. Dont worry we are all having to make cut backs, cant be seen spending to much when so many staving.

kittyboy
February 28th, 2009, 22:54

Wow Put your Claws away Catty :cat: , Oh dear sounds like Green is your colour, with envy, I mean, you should never show your colours or may be its the tatse of those Sour Grapes, Nothing wrong with the 199 special at OLE every night, but it must get boring. Dont worry we are all having to make cut backs, cant be seen spending to much when so many staving.

Again - Good luck to Michael and the owners of the bars... I don't know but I suspect it is a tough business.

If english is your second language I can see how your comments might seem a bit hard to interpret.
If english is you primary language --- uh.... early signs of dementia may be the issue - as I find it hard to understand what exactly you are getting at in your posts.

yedo111
March 1st, 2009, 09:04
4 mill Baht for Euroboys ? ? :confused2:

How can anyone believe it will be a good business?
Maybe 1 million and you have a chance to survive even with fewer customers.

But they had a nice presentation , so maybe some rich idiot will go for the bate.
If you can afford losing 4 million , "its up to you" .

March 1st, 2009, 09:28
Considering Euroboys was sold for 800,000 previously and 350,000 Baht previous to that, to pay off the police, who did own it at one time for a few months.

4 million must be for both bars, I can understand that COCK-TAIL is a Very Big Premises.

I understand both Sundance and Duc,s bar were both sold for under 1 million recently, same size as Euro boys. and also Villa Rouge was just about to be sold for 2,000,000 but the purchaser would only pay 1,700,000 so no deal yet, make Lou Lou an offer, he will be pleased, good site for bar.

The 1st bar next to the Notorious Lek bar nearly opposite Crazy Pub, is going cheap ask in "Good Boys" Nui will work out a good deal for you, upstairs rooms there also and the only Property, NOT OWNED by Miss Sunee.

neddy3
March 1st, 2009, 10:21
Very kind of Cockalicky to publish sales figures for various bars.

Wonder if the owners/buyers are happy to have their dealings listed in the public domain?

Then again, when did Cockalicky/LMTU ever bother with anything other than self-promtion and trying to impress?

March 1st, 2009, 10:28
Very kind of Cockalicky to publish sales figures for various bars.

Wonder if the owners/buyers are happy to have their dealings listed in the public domain?

Then again, when did Cockalicky/LMTU ever bother with anything other than self-promtion and trying to impress?

Thanks for saying I Impress you, but I have never looked on it like that, but now you mention it all the fine detail I Investiage is very Impressive, even to me.

I donтАЩt know what LMTU has to do with it, apart from being famous for Interesting Information and Fun repartee, may be its you an unknown who is the one trying to become famous off the back of others.

As for sales Info, go to any of the Commercial Real Estate offices in Pattaya, you can find the price of any Bar so no secret there, also with me I have been around so long I have a team of informants and bar owners who send me Info, this is what I have to confirm is true or not, if any one is Impressed its because I do my home work and up until now no one has proven me wrong, even you now? :king:

bigben
March 1st, 2009, 12:14
Someone said...... :cat:

" but there is a cat hating wacko who might take issue with your statement"

I would not use the word HATE, it takes far to much energy. But I would guess there are several posters who are annoyed with you POLITICALLY CORRECT Hydra-Heads who are always spouting off about something that twists up your panties.

Get over it cupcake, life is too short to worry about the small stuff. :git: :git: :git: :git:

neddy3
March 1st, 2009, 14:51
Thanks for saying I Impress you, but I have never looked on it like that, but now you mention it all the fine detail I Investiage is very Impressive, even to me.

Trust me, the only way that you have impressed me is as a complete wanker.

March 1st, 2009, 15:56

Trust me, the only way that you have impressed me is as a complete wanker.

Oh dear! dont think so low of yourself, I'm sure your more than that really. may be part of you anyway :blackeye:

Dodger
March 1st, 2009, 19:44
Watching this bar swapping game in Sunee Plaza has always amazed me.

I can remember back about ten years ago (or 20 layers of paint ago), when the bar whos sign now reads Euroboys was selling for 150,000 baht. Yes folks that's 150,000 baht, not 1,500,000 baht...let alone 4,000,000 baht.

It's almost comical watching farangs buy these places...sell their car s back home to pay for the renovations...slap on another fresh coat of paint...pull in a few bewildered farm boys and hand them t shirts...tand then ake a financial loss every month they're in business (profits going to the BIB, and/or stolen under the counter by their staff)...until they decide to sell the place to some other genious for a profit. Yes, I said sell it - not try to sell it, as there are actually prople out there crazy enough to buy it.

Every time I sit in a bar in Sunee Plaza and don't see the owner sitting there with his eyes glued to the cash register, I know, without question, that the bar is taking a loss. The same holds true for the bars (beer bars and gogos) where I see a farang running around trying to run the place, as if he's got the notion that he is in fact running the place, because he does not. The mamasans and bar managers run the place. The farang is only there as a decoration in tribute to his financial contribution only. He is better off guarding the cash register and just keeping his ass out of the way.

That old fart at Sundance, you know, that skinny hyper looking farang who's always pushing his eye glasses off the tip of his nose, is the laughing stock of the Plaza. He dashes alround in a scurry as if there's always a fire to put out with his Theory X anger management style, which always makes me laugh. The boys who work for him laugh even harder when his back is turned...which is quite frequent, as he's lost deep in his own fog.

Most of the farang bar owners I know wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to find and recruit boys, let alone the experience needed to find and keep the real talent. By real talent, I mean those knock-your-socks-off gorgeous boys who walked right out of your dreams. I'm saying this because of the obvious decline in this type of talent in SP over the past 10 years. The majority of boys you see now look like like they were recruited from a road-side construction site, or stolen in the night from some home for wayward children for Christ's sake. OK, there are a few great looking ones scattered about, but not anything like the past. And no, that perception of mine isn't a result of over saturation. It's just a fact.

So if there's anyone crazy enough to pay the 4,000,000 baht, just don't trip when you walk in the door, or you'll to hit your head on the far wall. But just big enough to fit your sleeping bag when you run out of cash and need a loom for the night.

If the walls could only speak.

March 1st, 2009, 21:30
I doubt Warren Buffet would invest in a gogo bar, but do hope someone buys this place & keeps it open.
Remember we need some entrepreneurs to run the bars.

bigben
March 1st, 2009, 21:46
Excellent post Dodger. Sad but sooooooo true.

I have lost count how many bars/go-go's have changed hands in the last few years not only in Sunee but all over Pattaya. Maybe the best kept secret in Pattaya is the Real Estate business.

Buy some property (doesn't matter what it is) a bar, a condo, a shop...just buy it, paint it, change a few things around, create a new screen name on all the forums to promote it, place it on the market for TRIPLE what you paid for it and wait until some guy with $$$$$ burning a hole in his panties comes along.

B I N G O !!!!!!

What a concept.

I do wish them all success honestly, but it ain't gonna happen in this lifetime for most.

By the way Dodger, you have a PM.

Kisses and hugs everyone

lo-so
March 2nd, 2009, 02:48
This is perhaps a rather good example of asymmetric information.

The seller more accurately knows the actual and indeed even potential worth of the business whereas the poor old sap might simply calculate how cheap this seems to be when converted into their exchange currency.

Just a few years ago with ex rate of 70- baht for stg a bar of 1or 2 million baht was a feasible consideration based on the money (credit) available to them - own your own go-go bat for Stg 30k (all in!). As a result owners were able to try and sell on the "lemons" to some new more naive punter.

For some who have retired and until recently enjoyed the seemingly endless appreciation of their estates overseas these bars were too often viewed as total bargains, without necessarily any real consideration of the real costs (time as well as financial) involved.

A hobby is not the same as a business. It seems reasonably clear (even to a chap that resides principally in Bangkok) which bars are taking on a clear professional approach - e.g., Krazy, Memories and Come Inn bar.

In vino veritas

kittyboy
March 2nd, 2009, 03:20
This is an example of asymmetric information.

The seller more accurately knows the actual and indeed even potential worth of the business whereas the poor old sap would perhaps simply calculate how cheap this seems to be when converted into their exchange currency.

Just a few years ago with ex rate of 70- baht for stg a bar of 1or 2 million baht was a feasible consideration based on the money (credit) available to them - own your own go-go bat for ONLY Stg 30k . As a result owners can hope to try and sell on the "lemons" that they presumably regret having taken on board.

Surely if such businesses were doing so well the appointment of an effective manager would make more sense that saying that they are simply selling because they wish to pursue other options.

For some who have retired and until recently enjoyed the seemingly endless appreciation of their estates overseas these bars were too often viewed as total bargains; without any real consideration of the real costs (time as well as financial) involved.

hobby is not the same as a business - I think it is obvious which bars in Sunee are taking a professional approach - One I would view is Krazy Dragon.

In vino veritas

For those of you academically inclined - Here is a link to a very famous paper by a guy named Akerlof. He was one of the originators of the idea that information asymetries affect markets and behavioral choices by consermers.

http://www.jstor.org/stable/1879431

lo-so
March 2nd, 2009, 03:49
Kitty

You read my mind although his paper was initaly rejected by quite a number of the more "reputable" journals. Stiglitz ( joint winner) of course has become much more to the fore after Davos!!

These were economists that at one time I barely recognised - but the old saying that an economist is as only as good as his time now seems ever more relevant - BTW there are many other ways that economists are also referred to, perhaps even more appropriately.

Also thank you I have saved the link to that article - presumably the mention of lemons caught your attention

In vino veritas

kittyboy
March 2nd, 2009, 21:01
Kitty

You read my mind although his paper was initaly rejected by quite a number of the more "reputable" journals. Stiglitz ( joint winner) of course has become much more to the fore after Davos!!

These were economists that at one time I barely recognised - but the old saying that an economist is as only as good as his time now seems ever more relevant - BTW there are many other ways that economists are also referred to, perhaps even more appropriately.

Also thank you I have saved the link to that article - presumably the mention of lemons caught your attention

In vino veritas

I must admit - it was the lemon reference that reminded me of the Akerlof paper.

As you pointed out this is a classic information asymetry problem.

The owners of a bar know much more about the physical condition of the bar, they know how difficult it is to work with the owners of the building, they know the cash flow situtation, they know the problems with staffing, etc... etc... and they know these things from experience - over time.

As a newbie wanting to own or buy a bar the new owner can not know all these things so the seller has the advantage. As a result the potential owner discounts the price of the bar they are willing to pay becasue of all the unknowns.

That is how it works at least in theory... In practice.. a farang may come to thailand become besotted with the idea of moving there and living amongst all the bar boys and buys a bar at full price with little knowledge of how to run the place.

Anyway - Good luck again to the owners of Euroboys and Cocktail --

Dani69
March 7th, 2009, 07:12
Rumour has it and omg u girls like a good rumour......... euroboys sold !!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

March 7th, 2009, 09:25
Rumour has it and omg u girls like a good rumour......... euroboys sold !!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Its not the fact its sold, its how much of the 5 million asking price has it sold for, now thats gossip :cheers: