PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me about your experience with a boy from a bar

February 26th, 2009, 14:15
in Silom area ? Do they keep their word on what they are willing to do ? I am planning to take them to a short time hotel near by rather than to my own hotel room, is that a good idea to do ? Lastly, do they provided condom or I must provided my own ? Thanks

x in pattaya
February 26th, 2009, 14:24
in Silom area ? Do they keep their word on what they are willing to do ? I am planning to take them to a short time hotel near by rather than to my own hotel room, is that a good idea to do ? Lastly, do they provided condom or I must provided my own ? Thanks

They will always agree to what you want when they are in the bar. You are slightly better off if you filter your request through the mamasan, but in any event if your request is truly weird there's a good chance that it will not happen.

Tell the mamasan or waiter what you want and he'll recommend someone.

If you have a hotel room in the area (I think you decided on Tarntawan ???) why go for a short-time room? If you take a boy off from one of the bars and he leaves his ID with the guard, you haven't got much to worry about.

Obviously this is a new experience for you and I can understand your concerns, BUT if you aren't a certified whacko and you off a boy from one of the bars and take him back to your hotel room (and exercise a little caution about money/cameras/computers left about) you really have nothing to worry about.

catawampuscat
February 26th, 2009, 17:41
Always a good idea to be prepared.
Always have your own supplies and you won't be disappointed.
There are even boogyman stories of saboutaged condoms by vindictive
Thai guys intent on spreading diseases, but it sounds like paranoia to me.

Every boy is different and every time is different. Mamasans are okay if
they know you and you tip them or buy them drinks and they know you
are a regular.
If they don't know you and you are a tightwad, they might
try to push a boy on you whom they will take a percentage cut from..
Farangs lie, everybody lies, so you take your chances and usually
things work out but your odds increase with experience and there is
only one way to learn the ropes.. Low expectations are wise at first as
they will probably be met. Let us know how it works out. :cat:

netrix
February 26th, 2009, 18:05
I agree with cat and x. I've only used a short time room if it was upstairs and I was talked
into a quickie. I like "long time" - and spending some time after the bar to go out to
a dance club or karaoke or something, and maybe do something fun the next day.

Always have your own condoms. Always insist on using them.

I know you've probably read on the forums that the mamasans are famous for telling
you what you want to hear, and it's pretty much true. In fact one time I asked the
mamasan how old a boy was and she said without hesitating, "him 17." when I replied
I didn't want to off him then she changed her story. "Oh, solly, him 19." I checked his
ID and he really was 19. When I asked why shy lied, she smiled and said "I thought you
ask because you want young."

bigben
February 26th, 2009, 20:47
Carrera,

Do yourself a favor and please do not believe all the dribble you read on these boards. People who are unhappy and negative will always claim it's everyone else that is crazy, not themselves.

Not every Farang lies. :cat:

Not every bar boy lies. :cat:

What you are about to read has been posted many times before (in one way or another) and in spite of being a broken record I will share some things I agree with.

Remember, every bar-boy wants to make money and every Farang who takes off a boy wants some type of service. Quite simple actually.

I took the time to review your past posts and nearly all are concerned about how much to tip the boys. It is an overwhelming problem when you are new to the scene, I understand. It was overwhelming for me as well when I first moved here.

As politically uncorrect (as some goodie too shoes posters would have you believe) it is OK to ask the boy how much he wants for (whatever you want) or to offer X amount for his service and ask if that is OK with him prior to leaving the bar or wherever you meet him.

Doing this serves at least two purposes.

1. It establishes that you are sincere about wanting his services.

2. It prevents (in most cases) any hassle about payment when the deed is completed.

3. It also allows you to see his reaction to an offer. Is he polite when he declines or does he raise his voice refusing the offer and demanding more money. The latter would (for me) show a tad bit of aggressiveness and or other underlying problems which I avoid if I spot it in time.

I personally ALWAYS discuss the monetary value with the boys prior to the deed. It seems to relax the boys and it also relaxes me. Remember too, the more you relax and not sweat the small stuff the more fun you both will have. Fun and letting your hair down is what you are here for right?

The proper tip? There really isn't a proper tip. If you ever had the chance to see the home where the boy was born and where his family lives and the conditions they live in, we all would double what we normally pay.

But reality is that the going so called tip varies from a lowest around 500 baht to the high end of around 2,000 baht. This is talking about Short time. Long time affairs are a different tea kettle all together.

It also depends on where you are (Chiang Mai / Bkk / Pattaya or the Islands) the boy, you and all sorts of different factors, but as a general rule, the prices listed above are fairly realistic in my opinion and unless you are into playing with foreign objects / leather activities / toilet activities etc. in which case the prices will be somewhat higher....or at least that is what I have read. :study:

Bringing your new found friend to your room and not having secured expensive items like lap-tops and cameras and cash is like pinning a 'KICK ME PLEASE SIGN" on your back. You will get kicked and you will never understand why or how such a nice boy could do that to you. Secure all valuable items.

I personally do not use hotel rooms unless I am out of town and always bring them to my home. It is so much more comfortable. But I NEVER and I mean NEVER let them out of my sight. We shower together, play together, eat snacks food together and it keeps him honest and keeps me relaxed....

What more can you ask for than having a fun time with a new found friend?

I hope you have a fun time and not worry about the small stuff. Maybe we can have a COCK-TAIL together. You will be able to identify me. I will be the guy walking around with a Cuban cigar in my pocket.....shirt pocket that is. :cheers:

February 27th, 2009, 01:20
From my limited experiences Thai bar boys do what they promise.

giggsy
February 27th, 2009, 02:24

hmmmm your planning to take them to a short time hotel even though you have your own hotel room ? and you want to know if they supply condoms ?

you are obviously on holiday with your wife and going out after she retires to bed,,the reason you havn't got your own condoms is because you dont want to get caught by your wife...lol

its ok carrera we wont tell but if i can suss you out i'm sure your wife will.. make sure you shower after :glasses2: :glasses10:

anakot
February 27th, 2009, 05:41
Always a good idea to be prepared.
Always have your own supplies and you won't be disappointed.
There are even boogyman stories of saboutaged condoms by vindictive
Thai guys intent on spreading diseases, but it sounds like paranoia to me.

Every boy is different and every time is different. Mamasans are okay if
they know you and you tip them or buy them drinks and they know you
are a regular.
If they don't know you and you are a tightwad, they might
try to push a boy on you whom they will take a percentage cut from..
Farangs lie, everybody lies, so you take your chances and usually
things work out but your odds increase with experience and there is
only one way to learn the ropes.. Low expectations are wise at first as
they will probably be met. Let us know how it works out. :cat:

Generally agree with the Cat . Let us know how it works out or IN!

lonelywombat
February 27th, 2009, 05:54
If the boy has his own condoms or they are supplied by the short time room, they are likely to be too small or inferior quality.

Be sure be safe bring your own condoms to Thailand

Is it you are embarassed taking a boy back to your hotel first time. Forget it, they are used to rent boys and girls coming and going all night, every night. They might even think you a little strange going to bed by yourself

neddy3
February 27th, 2009, 09:13
Never believe a word that any mamasan says to you, and you'll be on the right track.

Do the barboys keep their promises? More likely yes than no, but never guaranteed.

lonelywombat
February 27th, 2009, 09:19
Never believe a word that any mamasan says to you, and you'll be on the right track.

Do the barboys keep their promises? More likely yes than no, but never guaranteed.

Do farang keep their promises to barboys???? as per above

neddy3
February 27th, 2009, 09:29
Do falangs keep their promises to the boys?

Certainly some do, the majority, I would hope.
But, there are all types of nutcases around in Pattaya. I think the boys would have a tough gig with some.

I was told there was a falang/boy boxing/fight in Sunee a night or two back, over inadequate tips.

ceejay
February 28th, 2009, 01:29

Good point LW. If you make a promise to a bar boy he will expect you to keep it. I try to avoid making any promises at all. If I'm asked to buy something (and you will be!) I don't want to, I find it is better to be open about it and just say no. (Actually, I usually say "If I buy that for you, I will have no money left to give you when I leave" - that works). Remember bar boys have very limited English - if you say something like "maybe some other time" - which often means "never" between two native English speakers - you will be asked again, because you will have been taken literally.

x in pattaya
February 28th, 2009, 07:37

The Mamasans have to play the game to their advantage, same as the farang and the boy you're offing. Each of the participants wants to maximize what he gets out of the deal.

Farang seem to get very righteous about honesty and the expectation that they will be told the absolute truth ... conveniently ignoring the fact that what they are buying is the lie, the fiction, the fantasy.

If the Mamasan reads you as a one-shot tourist worrying about whether drinks are B 120 or B 150 and otherwise of no further economic interest to him/her, he'll say whatever is expedient. Anything more would be a waste of his time and energy. If you really want some useful information (and you may not), chat up the waiter or mamasan, buy him a drink, let him know you are a local resident (i,e. potential repeat customer). They can be very helpful and might surprise you by remembering you & your preferences the next time you come in.

As far as the boys are concerned, you're paying them to lie to you ... repeatedly, convincingly, graphically. I've seen barboy contests for Rear of the Year and Mr. Handsome, etc, but there should be annual awards for Most Convincing Performance or Creative Animation Under Duress.

For those who crave honesty, you may want to reconsider. Here are some possible comments expressed honestly from your off:

"Ooowee, how much you eat?"

"Shower at hotel no work?"

"I think you have pants XXXL and condom XXXS"

"You want me to do what? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha"

"OK, we try new position. You lie on your back in bed and I watch TV in lobby."

There are those who complain that those of us who tip boys generously "ruin it" for everyone else. I think it's more often the other way around. The ones who treat the boys badly and cheaply, break promises, etc make it all the more difficult for the rest of us.

I find increasingly that the first off with any boy is a trial run for you both. He has to demonstrate to you his potential for further offs and he needs to understand that youтАЩre going to treat him kindly. The amount of the tip will be important, but itтАЩs only one factor in his appraisal of you. IтАЩve found the investment is well worth it. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th off seem inevitably to get better and better as he genuinely enjoys the prospect of spending some time with you.

Yes, youтАЩre still paying him for a service, but the more relaxed and comfortable he is the more spectacular that service might be.

latintopxxx
February 28th, 2009, 16:54
Mostly I've had excellent service/experiences with bar boys, I think that where the experience is totally derailed is when both parties try to pretend that it is a long term/love/equal relationship.
Without being rude, be upfront about what you want and expect, agree on duration and fee and tip generously if the experience is better than what you expected.
Only once was I lied to and had a totally crappy experience, but then to quote some famous philosopher...shit happens..

February 28th, 2009, 22:13
There are those who complain that those of us who tip boys generously "ruin it" for everyone else. I think it's more often the other way around. The ones who treat the boys badly and cheaply, break promises, etc make it all the more difficult for the rest of us.

I find increasingly that the first off with any boy is a trial run for you both. He has to demonstrate to you his potential for further offs and he needs to understand that youтАЩre going to treat him kindly. The amount of the tip will be important, but itтАЩs only one factor in his appraisal of you. IтАЩve found the investment is well worth it. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th off seem inevitably to get better and better as he genuinely enjoys the prospect of spending some time with you.

Yes, youтАЩre still paying him for a service, but the more relaxed and comfortable he is the more spectacular that service might be.

I agree whit the above post !

Barboy's have two kind off farang :

Non importand and importand.

Non importand 99,9 % ! :clown:

Importand are the long stay farang take off " only one and the same boy not butterfly and good tip " !
(Try it and you will see a lot off mail and sms all year till you go back even you not go to the same location in Thailand the boy will be there in airport waiting for you !)

ALOL
A Life of Love
A Love of Life
And Laugh Out Loud!

MARK
March 5th, 2009, 13:01
Carrera,

Do yourself a favor and please do not believe all the dribble you read on these boards. People who are unhappy and negative will always claim it's everyone else that is crazy, not themselves.

Not every Farang lies. :cat:

Not every bar boy lies. :cat:

What you are about to read has been posted many times before (in one way or another) and in spite of being a broken record I will share some things I agree with.

Remember, every bar-boy wants to make money and every Farang who takes off a boy wants some type of service. Quite simple actually.

I took the time to review your past posts and nearly all are concerned about how much to tip the boys. It is an overwhelming problem when you are new to the scene, I understand. It was overwhelming for me as well when I first moved here.

As politically uncorrect (as some goodie too shoes posters would have you believe) it is OK to ask the boy how much he wants for (whatever you want) or to offer X amount for his service and ask if that is OK with him prior to leaving the bar or wherever you meet him.

Doing this serves at least two purposes.

1. It establishes that you are sincere about wanting his services.

2. It prevents (in most cases) any hassle about payment when the deed is completed.

3. It also allows you to see his reaction to an offer. Is he polite when he declines or does he raise his voice refusing the offer and demanding more money. The latter would (for me) show a tad bit of aggressiveness and or other underlying problems which I avoid if I spot it in time.

I personally ALWAYS discuss the monetary value with the boys prior to the deed. It seems to relax the boys and it also relaxes me. Remember too, the more you relax and not sweat the small stuff the more fun you both will have. Fun and letting your hair down is what you are here for right?

The proper tip? There really isn't a proper tip. If you ever had the chance to see the home where the boy was born and where his family lives and the conditions they live in, we all would double what we normally pay.

But reality is that the going so called tip varies from a lowest around 500 baht to the high end of around 2,000 baht. This is talking about Short time. Long time affairs are a different tea kettle all together.

It also depends on where you are (Chiang Mai / Bkk / Pattaya or the Islands) the boy, you and all sorts of different factors, but as a general rule, the prices listed above are fairly realistic in my opinion and unless you are into playing with foreign objects / leather activities / toilet activities etc. in which case the prices will be somewhat higher....or at least that is what I have read. :study:

Bringing your new found friend to your room and not having secured expensive items like lap-tops and cameras and cash is like pinning a 'KICK ME PLEASE SIGN" on your back. You will get kicked and you will never understand why or how such a nice boy could do that to you. Secure all valuable items.

I personally do not use hotel rooms unless I am out of town and always bring them to my home. It is so much more comfortable. But I NEVER and I mean NEVER let them out of my sight. We shower together, play together, eat snacks food together and it keeps him honest and keeps me relaxed....

What more can you ask for than having a fun time with a new found friend?

I hope you have a fun time and not worry about the small stuff. Maybe we can have a COCK-TAIL together. You will be able to identify me. I will be the guy walking around with a Cuban cigar in my pocket.....shirt pocket that is. :cheers:

Well on this one bigben we agree very good advice.