PDA

View Full Version : Bar situtation Bangkok/Pattaya

martin911
March 30th, 2006, 16:51
Hi everybody-my first post
I arrive on Sun/2/april--what will be open??
Babylon,bars etc,is Pattaya a better bet than the city,

thanks everybody :bounce:

andrewcraig
March 30th, 2006, 17:20
tell us what time you arrive then we could help

martin911
March 30th, 2006, 17:42
I arrive in on sunday morning, ,i understand the election is on that day,what does that mean for the entertainment districts ,bars ,massage centers etc

March 30th, 2006, 18:00
I understand that everything will be normal when the polls close on Sunday early evening.

lonelywombat
March 31st, 2006, 07:08
Depends on how long your flight is, the best suggestion is to get to bed and catch up on sleep. Go out sunday night refreshed

Jet lag will kick in and the sooner you do something about it, the better the rest of your trip will be

One shock you might get is your room might not be ready as check out time is usually 12, and checkin 2pm

From experiences in the past with early morning arrivals, I book the night before I arrive so I can move in a soon as I arrive.

The cost is not great and there are rumours that there is currently a high occupation rate in BKK hotels, ATM

I would start your night not earlier than around 9PM and go to Balcony or Telephone Bar opposite each other in Soi 4 off Silom

If you cannot wait then start your day and relax at Babylon from early afternoon

March 31st, 2006, 16:15
Province is ready for national election day on Sunday

Many bars to close Saturday night through Sunday

Piyavadee Suvannahong
With the national election to be held this Sunday, April 2, Chonburi is readying itself to ensure an efficient and trouble-free polling day at the various stations throughout the province.

www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd10 (http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd10)

As with all elections in Thailand, no alcohol can be served from 6 p.m. the night before the election until midnight at the end of election day. (Election laws of municipalities (year) 2482, amended 2523, section 12CH states: тАЬ...as of 18:00 hours on the day before the election until the end of the day of the election, it is forbidden for anyone to sell, distribute, give away alcohol or have parties or social events that have alcohol served...тАЭ Section 76 states: тАЬ...whoever breaks this law is subject to a fine of no more than 10,000 baht or jail of no more than 1 year or both...тАЭ)

This means the bars will be able to serve only soft drinks from Saturday night until midnight Sunday night. Please note that this law will be enforced, as many bar owners and managers learned the hard way during past elections.

puckered_penguin
March 31st, 2006, 16:55
Of course babylon is open and will be very busy. The bar will be alcohol free.

April 2nd, 2006, 16:09
.... to visit this site more often. I spent my usual hour showering, trying to get what little hair I have left to stand up into something resembling a waxed, spiky, far too young stylee for someone my age, squeezed my rotund figure into my gasping pants, dosed myself in that cheap, knock off Armani that dissipates after 10 minutes and trundled into Boyztown. I thought the power cuts were back. Low and behold, darkness and quiet everywhere, apart from a few girly bars risking fines and trying to tempt me in their direction. I wandered over to Sunee Plaza, some effort on my part considering it was a hot night and with my propensity to perspire I was glowing earily by the time I reached the desolation of Sunee. It was like being invited to a party and getting the address wrong. Do I run the risk of empty streets again tonight (Sunday), oh lord, perhaps the rest will do me good!