PDA

View Full Version : Eva air - best prices

ceejay
February 25th, 2009, 03:50
I'm just starting to check for prices direct London to Bangkok next November (yes I know its a long time ahead, but planning the next trip helps keep me sane after the comedown from returning from the last one).

Prices for economy class on Eva, on the exact same flight are as follows:
Expedia.....┬г688
Netflights.....┬г617
Eva's own website.....┬г554

That is the exact opposite of BA, Quantas and Thai, all of which are more expensive booking direct than via Expedia or Netflights.

February 25th, 2009, 07:28
I just bought my ticket online with EVA for travel in six weeks. The fare was a lot better compared to the other carriers; closest was Cathay at about $300 more.

EVA's fares on their website for November are about the same as now with about a +/- $20 difference.

I noticed that as well. EVA seems to offer lower fares on their own website. Fares for EVA are higher on sites like Expedia and Travelocity.
The opposite of what the other carriers are doing. Wonder why?

I'm flying them for the first time, I've heard and read mostly good things about them. I'll guess I'll find out first hand in a few weeks.

February 25th, 2009, 07:31
They're even cheaper going the other way (Asia to Europe/N. America).

atri1666
February 25th, 2009, 07:54
I fly with EVA next week and in june in premium laurel for only about 1570тВм from amsterdam - it was special offer on their homepage.

Patexpat
February 25th, 2009, 09:18
Before I relocated here I flew with Eva in either premium economy or business ever since they started flying out of Heathrow.

Whilst some of the frills that were initially offered with Evergreen Deluxe (the original premium economy) have disappeared over the years EVA still IMHO offer a consistent level and quality of service at a reasonable price.

Business class in the old 747=combis was a bit cramped compared to other carriers but the new fleet has sorted that.

bao-bao
February 25th, 2009, 23:05
There's no cost to sign up for EVA's Evergreen membership, and that allows you to view "member specials", too. I've saved substantial money by taking advantage of those when I can... which isn't nearly often enough. There's also an option button on their site to view specials offered by various credit cards.

Keep track of your miles if you join; they can accumulate fairly quickly. For my next trip I upgraded to Economy Deluxe with them for the longer trans-Pacific flights and stayed in economy for the shorter Taipei to Bangkok legs.

They're not perfect but have become my solid favorite for air travel overseas. I did have one return flight where we sat on the plane for four hours while they tried to correct a mechanical concern before taking us back to the gate to change planes, but I've also sat on the runway for an extended period on FIVE Northwest flights in a row.

There are certainly more (and less) expensive airlines to fly with, but I try to get where I'm going as inexpensively as is safely possible, and for that I recommend EVA.