PDA

View Full Version : I think you'd like a rental unit at Center Condo, So Pattaya

Gaypattayan
March 30th, 2006, 12:06
I post this in the belief that many other readers might enjoy renting a unit at Center Condo as much as I have in the five years I have been there.

Two 50 sq mtr units are available in Center Condo now for rental.. A friend has two condos available for rent in Center Condo. One is on the 15th Floor (Top floor) , 50 sq. meters in size, "market view", 15,000 baht a month. The other condo offered is on the 8th floor, and is available for 12,000 baht a month, after Saturday of this week. Landlords of both condos seek long term stays. For more information, call Marie at 01-940-1600 -- a most helpful lady. Though Thai, she speaks excellent English.

I firmly believe, based on having lived in Center Condo for more than five years, and still enjoying my rented unit there, that Center Condo is one of the most convenient, centrally located condos one could want, two blocks from the sea, within easy walking distance of Pattayaland and BoyzTown, Sunee Plaza and Day Night areas, and only a block from the main line up area of buses to Jomtien.

Gay welcoming. "You are not alone -- a lot of us live there.". No problems with bringing "of age" guys to your room.

Center Condo is located on South Pattaya Road, right next to Wat Chaiyamonkrol, across from the "fresh market" and 7-11 store, and just behind Krung Thai Bank and a Family Mart store on same side of South Pattaya Road. Good security, large parking lot usually with adequate parking for condo tenants. Center Condo is not readily visible from South Pattaya Road, being behind a row of builidngs (Krung Tai Bank, Family Mart and others), but it is readily and easily accessible, walking, by motorbike taxi, or by car.

If you're interested, please call Marie at 01-940-1600, and feel free to tell her that Allen recommended you call.

G.P.

March 30th, 2006, 15:15
I can't recommend Center Condo. Its dirty, falling apart in places, noisy with reconstruction,and the lifts can't accomodate very well, just for a few minuses.
If the only thing you value is the nearness to bars so you can bring back your prostitutes with ease, then this is your place. But be prepared to over look the minuses.
Today, Thursday, South Pattaya Road was at a standstill with traffic, as it often is. Gridlock, ala, Bkk.
Check it out carefully before signing up for a years rent.

Dodger
March 30th, 2006, 15:41
Goodllad,

Thanks for your objective feedback, although I must respectfully disagree with you.

I've never stayed at Center Condo, although visited a friend who stayed there several times and found the building, and the unit in which my friend was renting, to be clean, well maintained and spacious for the value.

City living isn't for everyone, but those who prefer it will find the location superb. My friend did not own a car or motorbike so the traffic on South PTY Road was of no consequence. The advantages of being able to take a short stroll to the markets, restaurants, pharmacy, Boyztown, Day Night, Sunee Plaze and the ocean, suited him well.

Pattaya has been in a constant state of flux for years with new construction and building repairs going on almost constantly. If it weren't for my preference of lodging in Jomtien Beach I would have considered staying at Center Condo myself and would recommend it to anyone.

mai pen rai

March 30th, 2006, 16:03
I agree with Goodlad on all points.
Yet I could see all the pluses mentioned by GayPattayan & Dodger.

If anyone would like to live there, I could only recommend a visit and see if they feel comfortable there. (FYI I felt depress there)
But try not to overlook the fact that one side of the building is facing The Wat, with the crematorium chimney and all.

March 30th, 2006, 17:30
So we have some directly opposite views of center condo. Thats good. God help us if we all thought the same things.

However, I can not understand how someone, even on just a visit to the building, could find it clean and maintained.

I lived for 5 years until recently in that building, so speak of what I know.
Upkeep of the common areas has slipped constantly.

If anyone wishes to live there, more power to them, but others should take a hard look at the building before moving in. One ride on a lift should tell you volumes about upkeep. After all, its your life. If you can afford another building it might be a better choice. My final word. Aren't you glad ?

American Teacher-old
March 30th, 2006, 18:33
My boyfriend and I lived in Center Condo for a year. I understand some of the negative comments made -- such as construction noise -- it seems as though there is always someone improving their condo and if it happens to be right near you, it is miserable. I also agree that the common areas: elevator, halls, receptions, & stairs are not well maintained.

That being said however, I absolutely loved my condo. It was one of the many units owned by Landlord Steve -- and when I tell you that he makes these rooms so beautiful and so comfortable -- you can believe me. However, there are many different owners and many of the units vary in quality -- so take it one unit at a time.

I for one though, would live there again. Location, Location, Location... And the security guys are very friendly and very supportive of gays.

Fondly,
Chris

March 30th, 2006, 22:32
I have a unit available in Yensabai Condo for long-term rental (min 6 months) as from about mid May. Rent 8500 baht per month.
If interested email me at:
ausiguy2@hotmail.com

bigben
March 31st, 2006, 01:21
Reference Center Condo.

First looking over the property and location, I was happy to find a joint that was close in and not to expensive.

I was shown a couple of units by the staff and noticed on both floors that there was major construction going on. The Jack hammers///the dust////the noise all day long.

The staff assured me that the construction would soon be over. (Lying Bitches)

I placed a deposit and returned about a month later, a few days before I was to move in and pay all first/last and deposits.

Horrors !!!

The construction had not only lessened but increased. The noise was the same with whatever power tool they use to break up the tiles. I was not only disappointed but angry for the staffs indifference to thier lies.

As usual, I tried to get my deposit back and explained that my apartment had not been detailed as promised, the construction had not finished as promised.

Now all the management staff has that blank look on thier faces and can't understand a work of English.

Of course they refuse to refund my deposit.

If you don't mind being cheated and lied to by these sweet and honest looking Thai staff.....by all means rent at Center condo.

I agree that the place is not even close to western standards, but this is Thailand. But with the smiles of a used car sales man, those staff people are a disgrace to thier own country with thier bold faced lies.

I will never ever rent at that place and again, for the 100 time I have learned (I hope) not to believe Thai people when it comes to money.

pandorasbox-old
March 31st, 2006, 03:44
If money wasn't an issue what would be the best condo block to live in and why?

March 31st, 2006, 08:58
I and many friends have lived at Center Condo for years (most over 4 years). None would think of moving since the location is perfect. The individual units are also well maintained and spacious. it is true the elevators and halls are not well decorated. But the security is very good. There is also a nice pool. My friend is renting one that is maybe too spacious for some. As Allen mentioned there are several 50 sq. meter units (approximately) for rent. They are nice units and reasonably priced.

However, if you want one of the few large corner units (123 sq. meters)with mountain and ocean views, fully furnished, with marble floors, modern kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths call AKE at 07-128-8688

March 31st, 2006, 09:08
We are not talking about decoration in common areas, we are talking falling apart floors, walls and ceilings. Get real people. And you say good security? Shit. Anyone can walk in and up. Recently my friend had someone walk into his condo unit (yes he forgot to lock it) and take valuables while he rested on the sofa. Yah, sure, great security.
And then there are the people who come to your door flogging some shit, waking you or taking you away from your telly. Great security.

Gaypattayan
March 31st, 2006, 09:11
I note the comments about the landlords or agents and have to agree that, as with any builiding in which rentals are by individual owners, the quality of the agent is vital. As noted, Steve has a great reputation, particularly in upgrading deteriorated premises, and Marie (who is handling the properties I mentioned here) is in my opinion unexcelled. She is not my landlord's agent, but she was agent for David in Pattaya's unit all the time he lived at Center Condo, and he found her service impeccable. I know her personally, and find her to be highly competent and reliable, interested, readily approachable and sincere.

Certainly consider the landlord / agent; it can be very important to a tenant. Some agents at Center Condo (like some at other condos) are somewhat unscrupulous, but that is not the case with Marie -- outstanding integrity, very helpful, and a member of the condo board who is working to improve maintenance of the common areas.

Center Condo may not be for everyone, but it is remarkably convenient, gay-welcoming, and for me, and most others staying there that I know, a very pleasant place to live. Ask virtually anyone who stays at Center Condo on a long term basis!

G.P.

bigben
March 31st, 2006, 14:54
GP

Sir: From the sound of your postings, you appear to have some financial interest in this Place-Center Condo.

It is funny that you suggest talking to some guys living there. As a matter of fact in the four visits I had, I had the occasion to talk with three older guys like me who told me the management is crap and they can't wait to move out because of the noise and dust from all the construction which according to one guy, has been going on for over a year.

To each his own.

GP, maybe you are on the top floors where you can't hear the constant construction noises. Good on you.

For everyone else, Be very VERY careful no matter where you decide to live in Pattaya/Jomtiem.

Things are not as they appear in Pattaya. But you know that---right?

Take care all and happy renting. ;-)

March 31st, 2006, 14:58
I own a condo at Center Condo and on this last trip I had very few quiet moments. Since my last visit, I discovered along with the renovation of the pool came a new snack bar and sound system and constant music from mid morning until at leat 8 PM at night. On Sunday evenings they were holding free BBQ's and concerts around the pool. Two Sundays they had an Elvis impersonator whose concert was so loud that I could not hear my TV with all of the windows closed and the A/C running. Someone phoned me during this concert and I could not even hear who was calling me - even with my windows closed. As my corner is directly above the pool, I am sure no one suffers as much as do I, but I walked all the way up to the 7th floor and the noise level was still quite loud for all corner units on the pool side of the condo. Of course, I complained but TIT. I am sure I have lost a major sum of money as no one will ever buy my unit with the noise level. But things can change - who knows - maybe the pool/entertainment will get old and tiresome and unprofitable someday and I can have a moments of peace again. I would encourage anyone thinking of property investment to give serious consideration to what might go up or be added after you think you have found your retirement home.

March 31st, 2006, 15:25
Friday morning, 10 a.m. I was notified by a friend who lives in Center condo, that a window frame and glass fell out of the building and landed on the aluminum awning below. The same awning that everone has to pass under on their way in or out of the condo building.
This window that fell was a common area window, so it can't be blamed on someone drunk in his room.

Allen, you cetainly have whole different view of this building than most others. I doubt its financial, most likely prescription renewal time for your spectacles and maybe a test for hearing loss.
No disrespect what-so-ever to you, its just the pleasant place you describe is simply not there.

April 2nd, 2006, 07:50
I was at Wat Chai last night (Fri 1st Apr) at about 9pm, there was a temple fair there. The atmosphere was really really fun and noisy.
Lots of boys and ladyboys crusing. I was also crusing and enjoying.
There was even an open-air cinema for free...
Then I lookup and saw the huge Center Condo, being so closed and start to wonder how the residents in those units are enjoing the sound blasting from the fair.
As I understand it, the fair is a multi-day event (some I asked said 4 some said 5 days) and is an annual event.
So go and enjoy!!

April 2nd, 2006, 07:53
Sorry, a typo in my last msg.

should have been.......( Sat, 1st April)

April 2nd, 2006, 09:29
OK then guys.. what ARE the good condos to rent at in Pattaya?? The View Talays? Others? Any recommendations will be appreciated by those of us contemplating moving there in the near future..