PDA

View Full Version : Complexion Complexities & Complications

x in pattaya
February 22nd, 2009, 00:02
Ok, so in my bid to single-handedly resurrect the local economy as well as to visit a number of bars that I had never been in before, I didn't call the guy at Cartier for a third appearance in as many days despite the thought having crossed my mind a few dozen times during the day and I headed off to Happy Boys Bar located in the suburbs of Sunnee Plaza.

Happy is a nice place and they sure had a steady flow of customers compared to Sunnee, which appeared dead especially for a Saturday night. The guys тАЬdanceтАЭ right in front of you wearing abbreviated & strategically cut shorts leaving nothing to the imagination. If you are farsighted, as I am, being that close to the subject matter can be a bit of a problem, but not a major one. The guys are very friendly and the atmosphere in the bar is much more relaxed than the regimented bars in Pattayaland. The boys are a bit more petite and twinky than I normally would go for, but they are fun and, for a small tip you can do a hands-on inspection of the merchandiseтАж as was demonstrated by several customers, but not me.In those very public circumstances it seems a little too demeaning, although I realize the whole gogo bar experience could be described as demeaning.

At one point we were joined by a decidedly drunk Thai woman who was guzzling a beer, lifting boysтАЩ shorts and grabbing onto their genitals. Someone told me later she was the wife of someone who worked in the bar. I didnтАЩt see anyone in the bar who looked like he would likely have a wife, but whoever he was IтАЩm sure he was really proud of the little womanтАЩs behavior. I donтАЩt think she was tipping those who she groped, but maybe thereтАЩs a family discount for employees. Her presence and behavior was unfortunate on numerous levels. It might seem difficult to lower the tone of a place where boys are obliged to stand before strangers who can handle their assets for B20, but the Mau Mrs. managed to sully the meat market atmosphere even further.

So I bought a drink for Fang and Wat who sat with me kneading away at my arms, legs & neck in what I guess was assumed to be sensual & arousing. It wasnтАЩt. Initially Fang attracted me more, but he seemed rather distracted and appeared to have a cough & cold, so I tipped him for his time and took off Wat, who hails from Roi Et, allegedly a Happy Bar employee for about six months, formerly employed at some unnamed business located on Sathorn in Bangkok.

I hadnтАЩt noticed in the dim bar lighting, but I think Wat must be an enthusiastic user of skin whitener and possibly some other cosmetic тАЬbeauty aids.тАЭ Given the beautiful skin that most Thais have it seems totally absurd and probably quite damaging in the long run for them to use these things, especially the whitener.

For the briefest of moments, out in the harsh street lighting, his skin appeared ghoulishly pale and a bit aged, lined & drawn and it looked as if it had been dusted with powder. A vision of some generic grandmother, shortly before(or possibly soon after) her demise flashed in my mind.The vision of granny came and went in a flash, but the residual thought lingered on тАж and on тАж and on.
http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/babs-ugly-mind.jpg
It was just one of those things where some deeply buried memory suddenly surfaces unbidden because of some minimal environmental stimulus and then it canтАЩt be got rid of.

Needless to say none of this was WatтАЩs fault and he performed admirably as I rushed things along to a speedy conclusion and sent him on his way тАж all the time attempting to sublimate the feeling that I was having my way with Barbara Bush or Martha Washington.

This seemed a clear and auspicious sign that I should end my Pattaya gogo bar crawl for the time being. I sort of wanted to include Vassa, assuming they still had the rough-edged country boys someone once described, but I suspect that would be another disappointment.

I texted my LT friend telling him to get his very desirable butt down here next week even if only for a few days and will reengage the guy from Cartier for a little interim therapy and keep the guy from Cupidol on speed dial for emergencies, but otherwise I think we have condition: Butterfly Down & ATM in standby mode for the foreseeable future.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_MbUOC2XGkeo/R__N9IyfVBI/AAAAAAAAAOw/_Pk_y-14FVI/s400/Butterfly+Bench.JPG

I donтАЩt know if itтАЩs just me or if it's the staffing at the bars, but offing is no longer the stuff of dreams that it once seemed. Sigh.

Khor tose
February 22nd, 2009, 00:20
Butterfly Down & ATM in standby mode for the foreseeable future.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_MbUOC2XGkeo/R__N9IyfVBI/AAAAAAAAAOw/_Pk_y-14FVI/s400/Butterfly+Bench.JPG

I donтАЩt know if itтАЩs just me or if it's the staffing at the bars, but offing is no longer the stuff of dreams that it once seemed. Sigh.

Sounds like your ready to find Mr. Right, settle down, and move to Chiang Mai.
:cheers:

x in pattaya
February 22nd, 2009, 00:26
Sounds like your ready to find Mr. Right, settle down, and move to Chiang Mai.
:cheers:

I already have Mr. Right. I'm just starting to fully appreciate how right he is and how lucky I am to have him.

When he arrives next week he may be amazed at how warm a welcome he receives.

Chiang Mai? It's cold & rainy there and a helluva walk to the beach.

February 22nd, 2009, 14:58
Just spotted that photo of Barbara Bush. Looks remarkably like Britain's leading leftist Tony Benn... now there's a thought.

Tony Benn never led anything. A great debater in the most intellectual forums he tours special sessions at the LSE, Cambrige etc. and always seems to better his adversaries with logic and moral outrage, but when he turns around, there is nobody there.

neddy3
February 22nd, 2009, 17:10
As often is the case, a nice post X, with a touch of humour that appeals to me.

Happy is indeed a nice bar with a good atmosphere, and boys who seem to be having some fun. They seem to be quite willing to allow 'checking' for 20 B, and I must admit to be willing to do checks at times.

No attitude here.
I do know Wat, a good soul.

Imagining one of the guys here having a wife, of whatever behaviour, is quite a stretch.
Imagining one of the guys at a bar like BoyzBoyz having a wife is no stretch at all.

catawampuscat
February 22nd, 2009, 17:38
There are many things that I find irritating and complexion complexities brings up one. The use of red lights in the bars.
These red lights hide the blemishes in ones face and you cannot even see
body hair as the red lights distort your view. Maybe the expression about looking thru rose coloured eyeglasses has some relevance here.
In the bright light of day, some of the boys look ghastly with powdered
white faces covering acne and blemishes. I don't like the black light either.

One nite in Dreams Boys in BKK, they had the black lights on for the glowing body paint act and one customer had so much white cream on his face that
he looked ridiculous and he didn't know it.
When the normal lights came back on, his face looked normal, at least from a distance, but he would have freaked
if he looked in a mirror when the black lights were on.
I don't frequent boy bars that overuse red or black lights among other things.
I am fortunate that there are so many boy bars and I can be as picky as I please. Red lights are often used as a warning signal and your boy may be a ghoul when you leave the bar or maybe not.. :cat:

x in pattaya
February 22nd, 2009, 19:33
There are many things that I find irritating and complexion complexities brings up one. The use of red lights in the bars.
These red lights hide the blemishes in ones face and you cannot even see body hair as the red lights distort your view. Maybe the expression about looking thru rose coloured eyeglasses has some relevance here.:

Yes, I agree, I don't mind some lower leg hair and expect a decent pubic bush, but some do look a lot more smooth skinned in a bar than they turn out to be in incandescent lighting. Not usually a major problem, but somewhat disappointing.

Definitely WatтАЩs face looked younger in bar lighting and a bit drawn outside the bar. I assume the blame lies in whitening lotion, but the lighting did a good job covering it up. In my case, part of the problem is the retinal damage IтАЩm dealing with in one eye. In strong light itтАЩs not a big problem, but in dimmer lighting or red lighting, what I think I see is not always what I get.

Another thing that I still donтАЩt compensate for even after all these years is overall size. Guys always appear taller, bigger on stage. Again, not a real problem but still a bit disconcerting.