PDA

View Full Version : What should I expected to pay for a boy

February 21st, 2009, 18:12
I will be in Thailand for a month of March, I do have a question that is the tip for the boy is pretty much standard or is it vary from bar to bar ? Do they have a chinese looking boy available as well, or only the dark I-San type ? I am more leaned toward lighted skin boy. What bar do you guys highly recommend ? Thanks.

x in pattaya
February 21st, 2009, 18:55
I will be in Thailand for a month of March, I do have a question that is the tip for the boy is pretty much standard or is it vary from bar to bar ? Do they have a chinese looking boy available as well, or only the dark I-San type ? I am more leaned toward lighted skin boy. What bar do you guys highly recommend ? Thanks.

Many variables: Bangkok or Pattaya or Chiang Mai, long time (over night... several days) or short-time, performs well or was forgettable, etc.

In Bangkok you will pay the bar B400 or more in many places. Pattaya it's mostly B300.

In Bangkok you would probably tip the boy B1500 per night ... less if he's a total waste of time, more if he's very good or spends the night with you. Pattaya is probably a bit less on average, possibly B1000 to B1500 on average, also depending on the variables.

Some Thai or Laos or Cambodian boys may look a bit Chinese. Some boys are fair-skinned and others are darker. Probably more likely to find Chinese looking boys in Bangkok, but it's going to be hit or miss, so you'll have to do the rounds of some bars to see if someone appeals.

There are some photos here http://thaiboy.net/bbb/index.php?p=bb for some boys at Dream Boys & Boys of Bangkok on Soi Twilight in Bangkok. No guarantee you'll find these guys there, but it gives you an idea what's on offer.

Some other places in Bangkok or Pattaya might have websites with pictures of guys too. http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/1/12/

Don't try to limit yourself too much in planning. Half the fun is going around checking out the bars and the boys. You might find yourself totally turned on by someone completely different from what you thought.

Good Luck.

February 21st, 2009, 19:15
In Pattaya, 1000 seems sufficient to raise a smile & still have them chasing repeat business. Perhaps a bit more for above average service.

Wesley
February 21st, 2009, 23:09
If I were you I would do a search on the subject of price as it has been over mentioned almost every time a Newbie comes in. In my opinion, you will leave a happy guy with 1500 but as stated 1000 will not be turned down by any means. As to the lighter skinned guys. CHAING MAI has some hill boys that are quite light and have some Chinese heritage as well speak a Chinese dialect of some sort

All the best

Wes

x in pattaya
February 21st, 2009, 23:13
In pattaya 500 unless your [sic] a tourist or TingTong

Please tell me this is a joke or further Homiturd inspired Pattaya-phobia.

x in pattaya
February 22nd, 2009, 13:54

Your[sic] the joke if your paying more

I could pay much less, but then I would be a kee nieow farang like you.

IтАЩm not playing at being the Mother Teresa of farang gogo bar customers and no, I do not think that I alone am enlightened and that everyone else is an unfeeling oaf. IтАЩm not even reacting especially to things IтАЩve read here, although the phart above is an extreme example. But over many years and many different message boards, IтАЩve read so many excuses, rationales, theories for paying boys as little as possible, that itтАЩs occasionally nice to read something from someone whose approach is generous.

In the thread on Pattaya Massage, mahjonguy wrote regarding Smart Massage:

...I never tip less than the fee. If the guy has been especially skilled or hardworking or friendly, then the tip goes up. In fact, I very much hope that the masseur is all of those things, and gladly tip him 500 or 600. There have been a few times, just a few, when I felt that 1,000 baht was the thing to do.

Living now in Pattaya, I am most often disappointed. Either the skill isn't good or maybe there's just no response to my efforts at being a cheerful and respectful customer.

I applaud his realistic but generous attitude toward tipping and I agree with his observation on disappointing attitudes from some of the guys.

If you find someone who is truly skilled and whose attitude makes the whole experience enjoyable, whether a gogo boy or a masseur, then he should be rewarded. The guy IтАЩm now using regularly at Smart fits that description, as do a couple of recent offs who will be on-call regulars for me in future, and theyтАЩre getting tips off the upper range frequently quoted here. IтАЩm not playing Santa. I just want to keep the good experiences cumming and I do not want to be exploitive.

The last time I went for a massage he made me feel very welcome (actually he came in early because he knew I like to have the massage in the morning), it was another great massage, he was amusing & entertaining but didnтАЩt chatter endlessly and the conclusion got top marks. If anything, this time was better than the last two visits. IтАЩll be seeing him again. Yes, I know heтАЩs acting like that because of the size of the tip and because I treat him as special тАж duh.

Whether itтАЩs a massage or offing a gogo boy, weтАЩre talking about what should be a feel-good experience. Just as it takes two to tango, it takes two for these feel-good experiences. ItтАЩs almost certain that it wonтАЩt be much of a feel-good experience for either of you, if itтАЩs not for both of you.

I find it amusing that some people get all in a dither about generous tips for excellent service (which tends to promote even more excellent service). There are many ways to treat people nicely and show your appreciation, but for these guys in the тАЬserviceтАЭ areas, a pat on the head or a big smile doesnтАЩt mean much compared to a decent tip. They didnтАЩt come to Pattaya and start work as a masseur or gogo boy to expand their social networks with older farangs.

In another context & message board, when I wrote about a great time I had with one guy who stayed with me for a week and who I paid very well because he was (still is) well worth it, a portion of one reaction was:

I'm not surprised he was happy to stay for a week after a Bht ***** tip....plus I guess all meals found! ..... Sanook maak maak!

The person writing that thought he had uncovered a flaw in my logic. From his point of view I had mistakenly created a situation where the guy was having fun.

Sanook Maak Maak. EXACTLY! He was having fun. I was having fun. Actually at that point he didnтАЩt know what the tip was going to be for the week, but I had offed him a couple of times before so he had a notion of what it would be and had no worries.

The guys who do perform well and make you feel good probably do so because itтАЩs in their nature, but also because they realize that doing so improves the chance of getting a good tip. You can be cynical about that if you choose, but it makes perfect sense and it works to the benefit of both of you.

HeтАЩs only being nice and treating you well and giving you a great massage/great sex because heтАЩs having sanook and heтАЩs getting a lot of money!!
That thought might cause Marx to spin in his grave, but it is nonetheless the way-of-the-world.

If we try changing it around a bit, it doesnтАЩt seem to gain in logic. Behave like youтАЩre sure heтАЩs going to steal your wallet. Get cozy in bed together and watch the original B&W version of Pride and Prejudice on TMC. Order a large anchovy & pimento pizza to share. Make him stay until morning, but send him on his way before breakfast. Give him the minimum tip imaginable. That should encourage him to try harder next time. Yes, heтАЩs getting paid to make you feel good, but the probability of succeeding at that isnтАЩt going to improve if heтАЩs bored to death or paid crap.

Another argument against good tipping is that тАЬtheyтАЩll think you are foolish for over tippingтАЭ as Phart suggests. The proponents of that view clearly have no notion of what it must be like to be at the bottom rung of the economic ladder in a third world country and/or donтАЩt give a shit like phart. Phart ,is probably being intentionally provocative (i.e., yet another Homiturd Doppleganger), but his parody of a clueless farang is based on the way some do behave.

It does seem that a lot of the guys in the bars and in places like Smart Massage now are less enthusiastic in their work than their brethren were 10 years ago. IтАЩm not sure if thatтАЩs because IтАЩm viewing them through jaded eyes or if the economic imperative that drove guys from the rural areas to the cities became less compelling as the economy improved (at least up to very recently). Maybe there is a connection between performance & tip income. Maybe as the number of resident retirees here increases, more of the better guys find LT commitments and stop working, leaving the less appealing guys to man the bars.

But I still think if you are looking for an enjoyable massage experience or taking a boy off for a night or looking for someone to spend longer periods of time with, the likelihood of success depends as much on you as on him.

тАжmaybe there's just no response to my efforts at being a cheerful and respectful customer.

I agree a fair number of the guys in the bars or massage places seem hopeless. But when we find one who responds well and makes us feel good, if we want more of the same, we have to treat him well. If someone thinks тАЬitтАЩs his job to make me feel good,тАЭ and IтАЩll do nothing to help, the chances are itтАЩs not going to be all that great and itтАЩs not likely to get any better.

dab69
February 22nd, 2009, 14:40
since I cruise lots of bars and am very picky I feel the best of the bunch deserve a bit more on the generous side of a tip, hoping to take care of them a bit and that they will welcome me back again and again. I don't travel once a year all the way to TH to be a bargain basement shopper. they make me happy with their presence i want to make them happy and remember me as a good customer/friend

netrix
February 22nd, 2009, 19:41
I ate out a while back with friends, and the waitress was really good...so I left here a nice tip.
When I went back to the restaurant, I asked for her to wait on us. She was happy to see me
again and gave INCREDIBLE service this time. I left another nice tip, even though I KNOW she
was just giving good service because she knew she would get a bigger tip. THAT BITCH!!

kjun12
February 22nd, 2009, 20:27

Your the joke if your paying more

Please understand that it is written You're and not your.

dab69
February 22nd, 2009, 20:57
pattaya 1200 short time
way over the top on the first night in Bkk @ Bt2000
because I am so happy to be there
especially since I had picked a particularly gorgeous waiter boy from Soi Twilight

Dani69
February 22nd, 2009, 21:30
Wow 500 baht for long time in Pattaya im looking inthe wrong places .