PDA

View Full Version : Is Homi Alive?

Wesley
February 21st, 2009, 00:27
No Joke I cared for the old fart, Annyone know if he is still here?

Wes

February 21st, 2009, 01:18
I find it hard to believe not a single person here met him real life or knew him? He always talked about going out around bkk and soi 4 etc.

I hope the other posters who are missing in action are ok also. 3 or 4 seem to have vanished.

February 21st, 2009, 02:58
Homi's blog is currently showing a 404 Not Found message and I get the occassional PM from him but not for a while -that's all I can add to the pot.

If anything HAS happened to him the board will be the duller for it.

Homi and Lunchtime are the only ones who can raise a titter.

:bounce:

kittyboy
February 21st, 2009, 05:54

Wes

It does seem strange that no one has been able to confirm or deny the rumor of Homi's demise.

What happened to Lunchtime O Booze ?
From his posting I had assumed that he and Homi were tight. I guessed that he would have been able to confirm or deny the rumor.

It is very strange.

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 21st, 2009, 06:17

Wes

It does seem strange that no one has been able to confirm or deny the rumor of Homi's demise.

From his posting I had assumed that he and Homi were tight. I guessed that he would have been able to confirm or deny the rumor.

It is very strange.

well reports of my death are greatly exagerated but I dearly wish this is a message Homintern/The Colonel/Stephen would post but sadly I fear it will not happen. I miss him and was most fond of his posts..at times wicked, naughty , humourous..but never malicious.
Vale Colonel ! :salute: :salute: :salute:

February 21st, 2009, 06:22
Consider the following facts.

The news was broken by a relativley newbie poster with an interesting history of previous posts.

The news contained what purported to be his real name.

The British Embassy have no knowledge of anyone of that name dying in Thailand within the timescales.

The original poster has not commented further despite requests to do so.

No-one else has confirmed the news.

So, was he out of the country? Is it all a hoax or a wind up? WIll we ever know?

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 21st, 2009, 06:34

The news was broken by a relativley newbie poster with an interesting history of previous posts.

The British Embassy have no knowledge of anyone of that name dying in Thailand within the timescales.

So, was he out of the country? Is it all a hoax or a wind up? WIll we ever know?

don't tell me his done a bunk..wouldn't that be grand and sooo Thailand !

That's the name I always knew him by but your comment on the Embassy is interesting.

x in pattaya
February 21st, 2009, 10:23
Well, he does seem to favor the street aliases... sathorn, thonglor, silomgwm as well as (maybe) names like curious, and so on, so if SilomGWM is one of his many aliases, as stated by someone else in the other thread, he was posting this morning on CFS.

SilomGWM can be a supercillious prick, which suggests it could be true, but at other times he seems fairly normal, so maybe not.

If he posted the news of his own death because he was drunk or suffered a head injury crawling to the hong nam at some bar, he will undoubtedly invent some new posting name again and continue with his assaults on the banal and the rational.

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 21st, 2009, 10:24
I thougth Homi was an Aussie national?

of course you are correct !(these hangovers are kiling my brain cells)

Stephen was originally from Melbourne (where a lady of the night dubbed him as the "bald fat old etc etc"- a moniker he was proud to accept.

Maybe I will contact one of my old drinking pals, the respected Australian Cultural Attache & Minister for Cheese Sir Les Patterson to see if he can provide more info.

February 21st, 2009, 12:16
This is sad news! I'd like to add my voice to the mourning throng. I enjoyed reading his posts and that is the extent of our relationship, Doris O Booze liked to hint that there may be a little bit more to it but there wasn't!
Anyway this board has lost another character, I'll be having a drink for him later.

dab69
February 21st, 2009, 12:31
Wes

From his posting I had assumed that he and Homi were tight.

Doubtful if O'Booze OR Homnitern , either of them are very tight.

Perhaps this is a clue:

a-rather-amusing-pm-from-boygeenyus-t16975.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/a-rather-amusing-pm-from-boygeenyus-t16975.html)

x in pattaya
February 21st, 2009, 16:46
Someone on CFS raised a question about deaf mutes in Thailand who might make themselves available for sex because they have few other ways of supporting themselves.

Today SilomGWM responded as follows:

silomGWM Online Now
Cruiser Join Date: Aug 2006

I like to chat with the boy first and wish him well afterwards so I don't think a deaf mute would ever "do it" for me.

I think it's a fair bet that Homiturd is alive and as moronic as ever.

February 21st, 2009, 17:04
Homi posted over 5,700 times here, if the admin got of his arse and checked we all would know the truth
Yes thats right im having a go at you spike through here with other members .
You have something to say about me, you have 2 options do it here or to my face not PM other members
and saying shit ....
This board has guidelines and i not broken 1.... But you ES cant tell your members why you do things ,Yes i tottaly agree on certian members being barred you have a reason for that >BUT i asked you and other members have asked why have you penalised me ,everyone will make a friend on here and surely an emeny at the same time but truly this is a board and things shouldnt be taken to heart ,,I ask you this HOMI was the most posted guy on here, am i right? and you havent looked into it ..WHY are you to busy? blowing smiles or vice-a-versa ,there are better members on here than him that hold this board together ,i can name them but i wont cause i may forget 1 and that is not equal ..All i can say spike there other boards around that treat member as humans and not numbers (there you are wombat use it) I asked a question about golden members you couldnt answer me but when another member answer with another question you replied..the money for this you get and 1 of your best posters or should i say number may of died .......I hope you studied your guidelines well ...i still say Gf for PM

elephantspike
February 21st, 2009, 18:17
Is there another thread somewhere where this is announced? I seem to have missed it. I hope it's not true, but really the only way I have to check on it is to click on his profile and see that he last posted on Feb 16th, which any member can also do.

I did get a PM forwarded to me that says that a member who has his phone # is going to have a friend in Thailand try to reach him.

x in pattaya
February 21st, 2009, 18:43
Is there another thread somewhere where this is announced?.

The one with the subject Homitern is Dead, which jinks closed.

dab69
February 21st, 2009, 19:33
Maybe when we find him we can hook up
an electroencephalograph and test for what we
have always suspected- brain death? :rr:

x in pattaya
February 21st, 2009, 23:10
Has he moved towards the light

Somehow quotes from Dorothy Parker seem fitting in thinking of Homi's (alleged) death and his (alleged) life:

On learning that Calvin Coolidge was dead she remarked,
"How could they tell?"

Ducking for apples тАФ change one letter and itтАЩs the story of my life.

When asked to use the word horticulture during a game of Can-You-Give-Me-A-Sentence, Parker replied: You can lead a horticulture, but you canтАЩt make her think.

I like to have a martini,
Two at the very most.
After three I'm under the table,
After four I'm under my host!

giggsy
February 22nd, 2009, 04:46
Homi posted over 5,700 times here
seems like the options are -448,512,000 blinks of the eyes- 3 billion heart beats - or 5.700 posts on sgt in a lifetime ,or whichever comes first!!

if the admin got of his arse and checked
ive checked for him,it definately was over 5,700

you have 2 options do it here or to my face
if he does it here and to your face does that make him 2 faced?

But you ES cant tell your members why you do things
why you no risson?

Yes i tottaly agree on certian members being barred
i tottaly disagree - what would we do for fun on a cold winters night

everyone will make a friend on
i havn't

WHY are you to busy? blowing smiles
correct spelling please ,it should be "WHY are you to busy? blowing prissy

there are better members on here than him
your making me blush now :cherry:

i can name them but i wont cause i may forget 1
what you mean more then just me.you bitch,you said i was your only one

there other boards around that treat member as humans and not numbers
eeeee patrick mcgoohan. you know how to make us feel old gra, "i am not a number,i am a free man"

I asked a question about golden members
have you noticed gra ? im a senior member now !!! who'd a thought it

the money for this you get and 1 of your best posters or should i say number may of died
no comment :pale:

i still say Gf for PM
gone fishing for prime minister? now i know it was all a joke lol

February 22nd, 2009, 05:20
Homi posted over 5,700 times here
seems like the options are -448,512,000 blinks of the eyes- 3 billion heart beats - or 5.700 posts on sgt in a lifetime ,or whichever comes first!!

if the admin got of his arse and checked
ive checked for him,it definately was over 5,700

you have 2 options do it here or to my face
if he does it here and to your face does that make him 2 faced?

But you ES cant tell your members why you do things
why you no risson?

Yes i tottaly agree on certian members being barred
i tottaly disagree - what would we do for fun on a cold winters night

everyone will make a friend on
i havn't

WHY are you to busy? blowing smiles
correct spelling please ,it should be "WHY are you to busy? blowing prissy

there are better members on here than him
your making me blush now :cherry:

i can name them but i wont cause i may forget 1
what you mean more then just me.you bitch,you said i was your only one

there other boards around that treat member as humans and not numbers
eeeee patrick mcgoohan. you know how to make us feel old gra, "i am not a number,i am a free man"

I asked a question about golden members
have you noticed gra ? im a senior member now !!! who'd a thought it

the money for this you get and 1 of your best posters or should i say number may of died
no comment :pale:

i still say Gf for PM
gone fishing for prime minister? now i know it was all a joke lol
Well done giggsy you thought about that well
Senior member indeed but still a number here i was once with over 300 posts
then prissy never got his BJ so had his whinge and all was stripped
so dont be too cocky lol
You should become a golden member you may get in spike circle too
and then be 2 faced as you say
that if you are 55+ to be in the old farts club
You ok you add some spice here too
GF is a good poster here he wont take there shit
take care mate keep them on there toes especially you know who

krobbie
February 22nd, 2009, 10:18
Whilst Homi may have had his detractors I enjoyed some of his posts in my relatively short time here.

I am totally surprised that no-one else has ever actually spoken to him. I will miss the short communications we have when I am in BKK. What a bugger this is.

I find loosing friends and acquaintances to be unforgivably lax. I have trouble keeping hold of a limbs let alone people from the board. I must try harder.

Smiles, have you had a check-up recently? I know you have extremely good health and are as fit as a fiddle but I just don't need any more "sudden" bad news.

krobbie

Smiles
February 22nd, 2009, 10:46

The poster 'Sathorn' who first posted the news that Homintern had died is indeed a 'new' member, as well as one who has posted only a few messages. That is hardly indicative of anything 'interesting' ... on the contrary, it's often a common characteristic for newbies on an edgy & argumentative Board such as Sawatdee.

The very fact that he's 'new' makes me think he's just a board reader (of which Sawatdee has many) who knew Homintern very well in life-outside-this-Board and decided to announce the death of his friend whom he knew to be so prolific on the Board. In other words, he "thought we'd like to know".

'Sathorn' referred to Homintern's real name as 'Stephen'. That is exactly as I knew him. Homintern and I have a long and rich PM'ing history on Sawatdee ... and in each PM he signed off not as 'Homintern', but as 'Stephen' (but no last name). A coincidence? Doubtful.

The Embassy would probably not have knowledge of a citizen's death until it was actually reported. We have no idea of where, when, or under what circumstances (besides the cause being 'heart attack') of time, company, travel etc etc.
Has anyone checked over the last day or so? Will anyone check tomorrow, or the next day, or the next?

'Sathorn' seems as reclusive on the Board as Homintern was omnipresent. He posted his news and then decided to say nothing ... especially with some of the more nasty posts happening on the now-locked thread (e.g. this piece of excrement from 'Aunty': " ... If true, good riddance to bad rubbish) ...".
Perhaps he has the same impish predilection that Homintern had .... lord knows most guys who relish that kind of behavior tend to stick together.

Perhaps no one else he hung out with were members or readers of Sawatdee, or any of the gay boards. Perhaps Homintern was in the closet. Perhaps he wasn't gay.
The fact that no one has 'confirmed' a death of a friend by posting a message on a gay Thailand Board seems to me entirely meaningless, and tells us precisely nothing.

As I mentioned above, Homintern (Stephen) and I PM'ed each other all the time, over many years, about the wonderfull weirdnesses of this Board ~ especially regarding the Hydra Head bullshit of a few years ago.
But I could not get the man to express any interest whatsoever in getting together over a beer or lunch whenever I happened to be in Bangkok. It was not for lack of trying ... I had made the offer at least a half dozen times over the years (I gave up and stopped trying about a year ago). This leads me to believe that in fact there is a very reasonable chance he actually knows no one on this Board in person. That was his choice, and in fact that is the (unfortunate, it turns out) dynamic which has caused the 'questionings' as the the truth of it which have been generated by Sathorn's original post

Cheers ...

February 22nd, 2009, 10:49
....I am totally surprised that no-one else has ever actually spoken to him. I will miss the short communications we have when I am in BKK. ....

Are you telling us that you actually met him and spoke to him ... or that you received PM's from him?

No one on this board has admitted to ever meeting a 'Colonel Stephen Johnson' (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/homintern-is-dead-t17210.html) except for a poster called Sathorn who told us Homintern had died and has a style remarkably similar to Homintern.

Ask around the bars of Silom that Homintern frequented and nobody has ever heard of Stephen Johnson. Even those bar owners frequently slagged off by Homintern have never heard of Stephen Johnson!

It is becoming clear that whoever Homintern is or was he was never a genuine Colonel and just a persona from someone's imagination with a gift for writing things in an acerbic manner and spreading malicious gossip.

Let's all move on.

February 22nd, 2009, 11:14
Homi's blog is currently show ...

It's a trick!

Remember what I warned you all. Don't ANYONE click that link to his blog!

If anything HAS happened to him <snip>
Homi and Lunchtime are the only ones who can raise a titter.

ANYONE at Sawatdee that can't see that The Colonel IS "relativley newbie poster with an interesting history" IS the Scro-tish fella IS the L.O.Botomy then they need to have their eyes reexamined.

He's just another American ashamed to admit it. He's pulling a disappearing act determined to generate SYMPATHY for himself to get back at those who put him on the system {IGNORE} list on the old board to punish him for his childish stupidity. There's little chance of that. And then those creepy obscene PMs to yours truly claiming to want to smell my underpanties that I dutifully forwarded to the management (thank you).

Little did you all not also know that he did not in fact attend the awards in order to receive the award! And I have to note that I missed the voting as my dear partner was in the hospital, and I could assure you that I would NOT have voted for him. Shame I wasn't around then.

x in pattaya
February 22nd, 2009, 11:26
And then those creepy obscene PMs to yours truly claiming to want to smell my underpanties that I dutifully forwarded to the management (thank you).

So what did management do with the panties you forwarded and if they were "forwarded" who sent them to you in the first place?

Is there some secretive sub-forum whose members "circulate" used panties?

krobbie
February 22nd, 2009, 11:54
....I am totally surprised that no-one else has ever actually spoken to him. I will miss the short communications we have when I am in BKK. ....

Are you telling us that you actually met him and spoke to him ... or that you received PM's from him?

No one on this board has admitted to ever meeting a 'Colonel Stephen Johnson' (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/homintern-is-dead-t17210.html) except for a poster called Sathorn who told us Homintern had died and has a style remarkably similar to Homintern.

As I stated, I PM'd Homi before each of my last 3 visits. We spoke on the phone briefly (he would contact me) when I arrived and try and get our schedules sorted. We did not meet however.

I personally hope that this is just a hoax and he moved to Singapore along with the family business and is laughing himself silly. I can't see it though. What the hell is he going to do now if he can't torment smiles and the rest of us?

Buggered if I know.

krobbie

x in pattaya
February 22nd, 2009, 12:26
We did not meat however.

Buggered if I know.

krobbie

I think your (Freudian) slip is showing.

TrongpaiExpat
February 22nd, 2009, 13:58
I have been living in Bangkok now for 4 years and never met Homi but not for a lack of trying. He always responded to PM 's but never went so far as to provide a phone or even tell me where he lived in Bangkok. He never came out directly and refused to meet but he seemed to always have excuses, so after a while, I just gave up. His PM's and in chat he appeared more polite and friendly in contrast to his somtimes colorful posts. When I asked him why, he's response was always, "it's just for fun, dear boy" I liked being called a boy.

x in pattaya
February 22nd, 2009, 14:03
I have been living in Bangkok now for 4 years and never met Homi but not for a lack of trying. He always responded to PM 's but never went so far as to provide a phone or even tell me where he lived in Bangkok. He never came out directly and refused to meet but he seemed to always have excuses, so after a while, I just gave up. His PM's and in chat he appeared more polite and friendly in contrast to his somtimes colorful posts. When I asked him why, he's response was always, "it's just for fun, dear boy" I liked being called a boy.

So if no one's met him maybe he didn't stay in Thailand. Maybe he was in some assisted living facility in Oz and just got cantankerous while waiting for the enemas to purge his issues.

The Embassy would probably not have knowledge of a citizen's death ...

Why would the British Embassy have information on an Australian?

krobbie
February 22nd, 2009, 14:49
We did not meat however.

Buggered if I know.

krobbie

I think your (Freudian) slip is showing.

Thanks for that x. Have edited now.

I nearly had a turn when I saw what a gift that slip was, not to mention the sheer embarrassment.

A spelling error is all well and good and can be overlooked at times, but MEAT? :rolling:
You may just have beaten Homi to the punch on this, although he was quite lenient with me.

krobbie

Smiles
February 22nd, 2009, 16:33
Exactly my experience Trongpai. Did he sign the PM's as Stephen?
Thanks for this post, as it mirrors fairly well my PM-only relationship with Homintern/The Colonel.

Cheers ...

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 22nd, 2009, 22:16
typical-the old bastards creating more drama dead than alive !

wherever he is , I bet he's enjoying it.

krobbie
February 23rd, 2009, 03:25
Exactly my experience Trongpai. Did he sign the PM's as Stephen?
Thanks for this post, as it mirrors fairly well my PM-only relationship with Homintern/The Colonel.

Cheers ...

Smiles, he often signed his PM's Stephen but not always. Depending on length of PM and/or content.

Cheers
krobbie

giggsy
February 23rd, 2009, 08:11
You should become a golden member you may get in spike circle too

i certainly WON'T be forming a circle with mr prissy and mr suppy, they are far too old for me..

and getting back to the op if homi as it seems has left us, what happened to the trophy he won for poster of the year and who came 2nd? is the trophy now jinxed and will the runner up still want to get his hands on it?

yedo111
February 23rd, 2009, 09:10
So is he dead or alive ?

The world needs to know....

giggsy
February 23rd, 2009, 09:13
So is he dead or alive ?

I think the military term is ,,MISSING PRESUMED DEAD

dab69
February 23rd, 2009, 12:57
as Buddhists believe in reincarnation,
all we woould have to do is find a member that
was "born" after homo "died".
Supposing he "died" Feb 18th,
who was joined(born here) on the 19th?

(looks above... ewwww)

February 23rd, 2009, 14:27
ha ha ha another aussie thats got use all fucked .......prissy are you going to label me him now think prissy think

lonelywombat
February 23rd, 2009, 16:06
ha ha ha another aussie thats got use all fucked .......prissy are you going to label me him now think prissy think

And you wonder why you are not welcome here

Stick to Tingtong and you and Aunty can get on well together

Try swearing on their board and see how welcome you are

February 23rd, 2009, 17:16

And you wonder why you are not welcome here

Stick to Tingtong and you and Aunty can get on well together

Try swearing on their board and see how welcome you are

Oh wombat the fires didnt get you ,i noticed you havent cut and paste lately whys that no balls?
im still here i dont give a fuck but answer me this DO YOU?
AUNTY oh she got you by the balls ? i will ask her ya old cunt to let go.....
Now go get off my case hide in your roots and leaves

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 23rd, 2009, 19:09
So is he dead or alive ?

I agree !

there is however a philosphical angle to your question...are any of us dead or alive ?

I ask this as having taken a vow of celibacy (enforced) I've diverted my sexual energy into expanding my concept of just what this universe really is and whether any of us actually exist-or ar we a figment of someone's imagination ?

only Homitern/The Colonel could have this effect. (dead or alive !)

mine's a double thanks.

Smiles
February 24th, 2009, 11:12
ha ha ha another aussie thats got use all fucked .......prissy are you going to label me him now
Unfortunately I am forced to read Gra's trollisms when they are quoted by another member (a very serious Board imperfection). Gra45 has been warned by the Admins of two Boards now (Sawatdee & Tingtong), so I wonder how long it will take before he's bye bye. And after that ... how long it will take him to create another handle (the 'creation' part is difficult when one is mentally retarded) and re-register here again.

Please guys ... don't feed the TROLL, or quote him. Don't follow my example :cyclops: :compress: :cyclopsani:

Cheers ...

Khor tose
February 24th, 2009, 12:49
So is he dead or alive ?

I agree !

there is however a philosphical angle to your question...are any of us dead or alive ?

I've been dead from the neck up for years - a bit like that chap on the bridge really :joker:
When I was a kid, I seriously believed nothing existed until I looked at it. Good job I kept looking at my dick :bounce:

Darn there should be an award for the best quip of the day. Here is one nomination.

February 24th, 2009, 14:02
typical-the old bastards creating more drama dead than alive !

oxycontin is highly addcitive and fatal in large doses. Have another one dear.

krobbie
February 24th, 2009, 15:09
Here you go Mr O'Booze, from wikipedia to you:

Oxycodone is an opioid analgesic medication synthesized from opium-derived thebaine. It was developed in 1916 in Germany, as one of several new semi-synthetic opioids with several benefits over the older traditional opiates and opioids; morphine, diacetylmorphine (heroin) and codeine. It was introduced to the pharmaceutical market as Eukodal or Eucodal and Dinarkon.

Now you know it's not a good thing to take these things with alcohol?

Cheers
krobbie

Aunty
February 24th, 2009, 16:07
And it's almost always only prescribed for cancer pain. I do hope, Doris, that you are alright.

lonelywombat
February 24th, 2009, 16:14
[quote="Lunchtime O'Booze":2ofnkenb]typical-the old bastards creating more drama dead than alive !

oxycontin is highly addcitive and fatal in large doses. Have another one dear.[/quote:2ofnkenb]

It does appears to have problems

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone

x in pattaya
July 29th, 2009, 20:12
Well exactly he might have needed a release it's not at all unusual for a moderator to have a forum alter-ego in facts it's often a given. Its even more likely given that he was involved in someway. He would've been on the forum as somebody surely?

Considering that the Colonel attempted to give the impression that he was based in Bangkok and loathed Pattaya, that would indeed be a complete alter ego.

Old goat or not Homintern is missed, missing and people have been worried.

The Embassy would probably not have knowledge of a citizen's death until it was actually reported. We have no idea of where, when, or under what circumstances (besides the cause being 'heart attack') of time, company, travel etc etc.
Has anyone checked over the last day or so? Will anyone check tomorrow, or the next day, or the next?

So Smiles seems to have covered those eventualities, neatly neglecting the fact that the death of a foreigner is automatically reported to the respective embassy ... though since he was Australian, it seems less likely it would have been reported to the British Embassy.

The Embassy would probably not have knowledge of a citizen's death until it was actually reported. Say what you will, there is a certain undeniable logic in that assumption.

As I mentioned above, Homintern (Stephen) and I PM'ed each other all the time, over many years, about the wonderfull [sic] weirdnesses of this Board

So if any of you PM Smiles, don't stop or you might be declared dead.

All we need is for TravellerJim to comment on his health and life insurance and we should have a wrap on this.

Brad the Impala
July 30th, 2009, 03:16
X, have you been at the painkillers again and made the same post on two threads? Or has jinks been on the piss with the controls?