PDA

View Full Version : Funds approved for Jomtien 2nd Road

February 20th, 2009, 20:24
http://pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd1

But, whatever happened to finishing off Thappraya Road (on the way to the beach), it's a total mess, what happened to the funds and finishing it off I wonder!!!

mahjongguy
February 21st, 2009, 08:14
Are you currently in Pattaya? If so, I think you'd see that they are making steady progress. The electrical poles are moved back all the way to the top of the hill and half of the pavement is in. Once they get the messiest bit done (the intersection with Pratumnak) they'll be off down the hill to Jomtien. At the rate they're going, it should be complete to the Monkey God in another 12 months.

On the other hand, if you read the news item carefully, it's actually saying that Jomtien 2nd Road will NOT be progressing in 2009. My interpretation is that the funds received will cover the cost of the two properties that remain in the path but will leave the coffers empty until the following year.

I have mixed feelings. Jomtien 2nd Road will be a blessing in many ways, but the final step of the project is to make Jomtien Beach Road one-way (headed south). Since I live right on the road, that will have advantages and dis-advantages for me. In theory it should be safer, but in fact everyone will drive at least twice as fast, making it all the more likely that I'll get splattered on my way to the surf.