PDA

View Full Version : Vasa Go Go Bar

Chuai-Duai
February 20th, 2009, 17:42
I visited "Vasa" Go Go Bar for the first time recently. I don't know how long it's been there and I suspect that I've walked past it many times without noticing it as it's in-between two of the main Sois in Pataya but still right in the Boys Town area.

First impressions weren't promising as there were no customers and not many boys. But I sat down and had a drink and watched the eight boys who were there. They danced four at a time, not very enthusiastically, but all smiled and seemed decent enough and all looked a bit on the young side. The bar is very small.

Then two more customers came in and despite the no smoking sign one lit a cigarette. The staff did nothing so I pointed out the sign and he went outside and the boys applauded.

Eventually I offed a boy called "Am" whose ID I checked before leaving that he was over 18.

The guy at Serene Short Time Hotel looked at Am and said "Bad boy". It turned out he was challenging Am's age rather than any previous knowledge of him. Am was indignant and showed his ID and it was fine.

After that I took him to see the show at "Wild West Boys". The guy on the door stopped us as he also thought Am looked too young but another ID check sorted that out.

Am later told me that he'd tried to get a job at WWB but they'd turned him down because he looked so young even though he was 18.

I visited Vasa once more but a customer was smoking and actually lit a cigarette for one of the staff. I left and made it clear why I was leaving. The bar is so small that you can't sit and not be affected if someone is smoking. The no smoking rule has made my evenings in Pattaya a much more comfortable experience and there's enough bars for me not to visit those that tolerate smoking.

naklua
February 20th, 2009, 20:19
How was Mr. Am? Were you satisfied with his services/personality?

February 20th, 2009, 20:21
The post doesn't say much for you Chuai Duai. Erm!

Chuai-Duai
February 20th, 2009, 20:41
How was Mr. Am? Were you satisfied with his services/personality?

A very cute boy who was anxious to please and who was pleasant company both in the short time room and in WWB afterwards.

Chuai-Duai
February 20th, 2009, 20:45

Why? Because I'm honest that I like young looking boys but that I would never touch anyone who was underage and because I always check that they are not?

Or is it my attitude to smokers that you don't like?

I've no worries on either count.

naklua
February 21st, 2009, 02:17

Why? Because I'm honest that I like young looking boys but that I would never touch anyone who was underage and because I always check that they are not?

Hi Chuai-Duai, maybe your nickname is derived from your experiences with comments like the above one? When other people give somewhat irritating comments on the topic of young-looking adults, there might be the urge on the receiving side to just call for "Help!"...

February 21st, 2009, 02:52

I'll tell you what bothers me Chuai Duai:

I've no idea how old you are but most of the posters on here are around 70 - so let's be generous say you're 60.
Infact let's go mad and say you're a veritable chicken of 50.

At 50, you see no problem in targetting and having sex with boys who look 15/16, but you flip your lid if somebody lights up a cigarette in the bar whilst you flaunt your bit of trade - because "it's the law"

It may interest you to know that prostitution is illegal in Thailand, so basically you have broken the law yourself - no ifs, no buts, no maybes.

So basically, you're a law breaking hypocrite.

Oh, and the boy may well have had ID, but was it his and was it genuine? I myself remember talking to 2 different lads on consecutive nights who each proffered the same ID card!

Now, if it turns out that the ID was fake or borrowed and the boy turns out to be as young as you like them to look, I do hope you don't take offence if your lawyer lights up a fag when he arrives to interview you in the police station.

Boys, me too
Young looking but legal boys, yes please
Fag smoking, I don't care
Hypocrisy, I despise

:cheers:

naklua
February 21st, 2009, 20:49
[quote="Chuai-Duai":2x8cjllf]The post doesn't say much for you Chuai Duai. Erm!
I'll tell you what bothers me Chuai Duai:
I've no idea how old you are but most of the posters on here are around 70 - so let's be generous say you're 60.
Infact let's go mad and say you're a veritable chicken of 50.[/quote:2x8cjllf]
I have not been successful in finding the poll on the board members' age... As a matter of fact, if there was a poll on this topic, I guess that not all members would take part and/or give correct information on their age.
If scottish-guy was correct with his assumption of most members being around 70y, that would at least explain why there are so many people who can spare so much time for almost endlessly posting off-topic stuff and nurture some bizarre personal feuds.

At 50, you see no problem in targetting and having sex with boys who look 15/16, but you flip your lid if somebody lights up a cigarette in the bar whilst you flaunt your bit of trade - because "it's the law"
It may interest you to know that prostitution is illegal in Thailand, so basically you have broken the law yourself - no ifs, no buts, no maybes.
Although I dont have the same insight as scottish-guy regarding Chuai Duai's age, I think to equal the ban on prostitution and the ban on smoking is a little bit problematic.
One does not have to discuss that both are currently against Thai law. But this is were the similarity ends in my opinion. Indoor smoking harms other persons' health, while this is not necessarily true for consenting adults doing this special activity together.
Furthermore it is not entirely clear from scottish-guy's post, what irritates him more: Prostitution in itself, or prostitution involving adults where the professional party looks adolescent measured against Western standards.
In other words, there is a mix of two facts which should better be differentiated: Prostitution involving only adults and prostitution involving persons below the age of consent (this age of consent benchmark is a little bit tricky in LOS, as there seem to be two different ages of consent, a lower one for non-prostitution sex and a higher one for prostitution; I think this regime is not common in the West, as it has less to do with protection of minors and more to do with forcing certain moral values on the people).

So basically, you're a law breaking hypocrite.
Does this mean that customers doing it with a boy/girl from a bar who use to smoke at indoor bars/restaurants are law breaking non-hypocrites? This qualification does not sound above board to me.

Oh, and the boy may well have had ID, but was it his and was it genuine? I myself remember talking to 2 different lads on consecutive nights who each proffered the same ID card!
Now, if it turns out that the ID was fake or borrowed and the boy turns out to be as young as you like them to look, I do hope you don't take offence if your lawyer lights up a fag when he arrives to interview you in the police station.
Fake IDs are of course a problem. But what is the solution to this problem? Only taking boys who look like 40+ years old? Maybe one should use one's common sense when checking the ID card of the boys in question. Does the picture have any similarity to the person sitting next to you? Maybe ask him about his "birthday" without letting him peek at the ID - is it the same date written on the ID (I think the newer ID cards have not only the year, but also the day and month printed in arabic numbers)?

As I said, passive smoking is dangerous to your health. If you dont care for your health, that is your business. But dont assume that your attitude has to be everybody else's, too. By the way, it is not only an health issue, but also a financial issue: As Mark pointed out, for example furniture suffers from burns and aircon filters age early; thus the airlines did not prohibit smoking because of health and air safety concerns only, but because they can save considerable sums of money on cleaning and repairs - a cost that had to be shouldered by all passengers in the past.
Just to make it clear: I don't smoke, but I am neither a militant anti-smoking activist. I just think that some smokers lack considerate behaviour towards other people. It is something one can observe in road traffic, too. There are always people who only think about themselves when driving their vehicles, like they were alone on the streets. If one asks them if they think that their driving style is inconsiderate or outright dangerous to others, many of these people would be in total denial.

Khor tose
February 22nd, 2009, 00:52
Although I dont have the same insight as scottish-guy regarding Chuai Duai's age, I think to equal the ban on prostitution and the ban on smoking is a little bit problematic.

I am sure the use of logic will be lost on this idiot, but thank you for taking the time to lay it out for him. :salute:

February 22nd, 2009, 01:38
After that I took him to see the show at "Wild West Boys". The guy on the door stopped us as he also thought Am looked too young but another ID check sorted that out.

Technically he should not have been allowed in, as although he could work in a bar at 18 he should be 20 to be allowed in legally as a customer.

February 22nd, 2009, 02:10
NAKLUA

What planet are you on?

I have no problem with prostitution.
I have no problem if the boy is 30 and looks 10 if that's what the OP wants.
I have no problem if the OP is 40/50/60/70 or even 97yo

I am a non-smoker but I have no problem with people smoking.
If the bar/brothel is smokey and it bothered me I would leave.
I would not make a song and dance about it.

Where I DO have a problem is that it is hypoctitical for the original poster to rail against people smoking in a bar because it is "against the law", when the complainer is involved in hiring male prostitutes which is also illegal.

Get it? It's really quite simple. Even a complete idiot like Khoma Tose ought to be able to understand.

:compress:

February 22nd, 2009, 04:14
When someone smokes inside a bar, the staff do not have the option of leaving.
Therefore they deserve the protection against carcogenic smoke that Thai law is supposed to provide.

giggsy
February 22nd, 2009, 05:00
Therefore they deserve the protection against carcogenic smoke that Thai law is supposed to provide.

they need protection from the fumes given off be motor vehicles
they need protection from drug dealers
they need protection from stds
they need protection from alcohol (no one ever beat someone up because they smoked 20 cigarettes)
but these subjects wont get discussed on here
just 1 last question "did you people only start going in bars 12 months ago when the no smoking ban came into force" or like me have you been happily going in bars for the last 30 or 40 years without so much as a sniff

February 22nd, 2009, 05:17

.............so much worse than the health risks involved in them sucking cock every day and receiving regular semen injections from punters who tip extra for unprotected sex of course. And don't give me any crap about that being a choice - if you have no money your choices are severly limited.

Tell you what - if somebody gave me the choice of inhaling some second hand cigarette smoke or having a possibly diseased penis shoved in my mouth or up my chute, I know which risk I would consider greater.

Some of you anti-smoking obsessives must have lives which are so uneventful and meaningless that you can get your knickers into a twist over somebody lighting up a cigarette!

Such individuals bang on and on ad nauseum about anti-smoking laws whilst flagrantly breaking the law every time they off a boy and they also conveniently ignore the fact that some of them are living in Thailand precisely because they have been chased out of their own country due to their illegal sexual proclivities.

I do not refer to any particular person but we all know that it is true in some cases.

These are the people who DARE to preach?

:compress:

x in pattaya
February 22nd, 2009, 12:14
These are the people who DARE to preach?

Since I smoked (cigarettes) when I was younger and found it extrememly difficult to give up, I don't feel I'm in a position to be too critical of those who do smoke and who have been unable to quit ... assuming they've wanted to quit. On the other hand, possibly because I quit (maybe 25 years ago), I find the smell extremely unpleasant either as the smoke envelopes me or as it settles into my clothes & follows me home.

I think, however, the subject has been done to death and it seems to become insinuated into almost every thread that has anything to do with the bars, often to the exclusion of any more interesting information concerning the bars.

Since I'm not familiar with many of the Sunnee bars and some other places like Vassa, and some places I do know about do change radically over short periods of time, I'd like to read more about people's experiences when they visit these bars in terms of the types of boys and their attitudes and what the ambiance is in the bars and how the boys "perform" once they've been offed. Although I don't care much about shows, I'm sure that information is of interest to some also.

I was really grateful for the information from Naklua & the Wombat (and maybe someone else ... can't recall) about Cartier and it lead me to finding a guy who is really a pleasure to be with. The information about massage venues was also valuable. When I saw the subject for this thread was Vassa, since I was somewhat interested in giving the place a try, I thought I'd pick up some useful information about the boys there, but aside from the first message with the possibly useful implication that all the boys appeared quite young, the following messages had virtually nothing to do with Vassa and once again went off on the smoking issue.

Whatever you feel about smoking it seems pretty much every angle of the issue has been "discussed" and it doesn't appear the discussion has caused anyone to change his opinions on the subject, so maybe we could allow some non-smoking information to filter :tongue: through?

My original interest in Vassa was because I had heard the guys were somewhat mature rough-edged country types. Those comments were made six months to a year ago. Someone recently said the place was going fem and now there is this thread which implied that guys were pretty young looking. If the former information is still true I'd probably give it a try despite my plans to curtail my spurt :drunken: of butterflyism. However, if the guys are now delicate child-like creatures, I'll give it a pass.

Can anyone else supply recent non-cigarette related information on what's what at Vassa?

Thanking you in advance. :flower:

x in pattaya
February 22nd, 2009, 19:44
Can anyone else supply recent non-cigarette related information on what's what at Vassa?

Thanking you in advance. :flower:
From my own experiences in visiting Vassa over the past 10-11 months I would say that the type of boys have changed quite frequently. My last visit to Pattaya was two weeks ago and I thought that since my previous visit a month earlier there were some younger looking boys than on my previous visit. Some 10 months ago the boys were slightly older and muscular whereas now they tend to be more fem.

Thanks for that. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea since neither overly young nor fem boys appeal. Do post a report the next time you visit Vassa ... or any other bar. As you say, things do change frequently ...and there are so many bars and so little time.

The boy 'Am' you met sounds much like the boy that I met a couple of weeks ago...

Not me. The ones I like have passed the point where their ID's need to be checked.

Chuai-Duai
February 24th, 2009, 14:17
The boy 'Am' you met sounds much like the boy that I met a couple of weeks ago, he was new to Vassa but I got his name as 'An'

I might have got his name wrong. I usually get the boys to spell their names to make sure I'm correct but I don't remember if I did with Am/An. I might have thought I had it correct as I do know another boy who is definitely called Am.

Chuai-Duai
February 24th, 2009, 14:44
Scottish Guy wrote: I myself remember talking to 2 different lads on consecutive nights who each proffered the same ID card!...

...Boys, me too
Hypocrisy, I despise

So Scottish Guy and I share the same tastes and are both careful to check the IDs of the boys we engage with. No hypocrisy there on my part.

But according to SG I become a hypocrite because I object to being poisoned in a public bar. There was a notice in the Bar that said "No Smoking", there was no notice that said "No prostitution".

So no hypocrisy on my part there either, no ifs, no buts, no maybes.

But much more important than all that is that SG is also hopelessly wrong about my age!

I don't need his advice on ID cards as I'm well aware of the scams and as he proved so ably with his post he has problems with accuracy anyway.

Boys, me too
Fag smoking, no thanks
Sanctimonious, self righteous moralising, I despise