PDA

View Full Version : FREE calls from your computer to Thailand Mobile phones

March 30th, 2006, 11:17
These guys seem top be Skype competitors but offer free calling from your computer to Thailand, even cell phones.

I haven't tried yet. Am I missing something here?

http://voipdiscount.com/en/rates.html

billyhouston
March 31st, 2006, 18:49
Thought I would give this a try and you are missing nothing. Called both mobile and fixed line numbers and it worked a treat. The bf was very impressed that it was all for free.......

billyhouston
April 1st, 2006, 21:55
:( Found the snag. They NOW say that free calls are limited to one minute unless you buy credit. (I've been on the line to Thailand for 20 minutes or more) Minimum credit is 11.6 Euros and valid for 120 days.

Not quite as good as it seemed, but still worth a punt I feel.

April 6th, 2006, 07:52
... now have a facility where you can rent a number from them for your computer i.e. a skype number such as 020 7?? ???? which is a London number and people can ring you on this number, similarly a number for any country you want, if you want you can rent a Thai number - they are all landline numbers, they even put the number on their site which you can choose from - I don't see the point of having it, probably too cumbersome in my opinion, we can all get cheap calls in one form or other, but I suppose another "idea"