PDA

View Full Version : Business class prices

tony279760-old
February 19th, 2009, 18:52
Can any of you gentlemen recommend a good website or travel agency for getting a decent price on a business class flight from London or Amsterdam to Bangkok? Economy prices seem to be falling, but I haven't seen much evidence of the same happening to business class prices. Thanks.

Alaan
February 19th, 2009, 21:18
Tony 279760.....I'm not sure what you consider as a decent price for Business Class but KLM standard Business class ranges from ┬г2400 to ┬г4200 depending on availability.... however they also have a Business Class Holiday special price of ┬г1880 from London to Bangkok via Amsterdam on most flights if booked reasonably well in advance. http://www.klm.com.

For your information.....I use KLM for all my flights to Thailand from uk via Amsterdam both Economy and business depending on price and availability.... if you have a Flying Blue FF card often if there are empty Business Class seats available at departure time KLM invariably upgrade those with Silver/Gold/Platinum flyingblue cards to free up economy seats as happened to me on my last trip... I was upgraded in both directions at the departure gate (out-end Jan and ret-mid-Feb) from Economy as my original economy booking had my FF card details in the system...but that is just a matter of luck.

jinks
February 19th, 2009, 21:55
I fly Emirates, true we have class up front, prices on line emirates.com are better than most travel agents.

If you use it, join Skywards first and get 50% or 100% more miles by booking on line.

atri1666
February 19th, 2009, 22:50
I wish me back the good old times when i could fly for 2500 Euro from Athen with Emirates in first class to bangkok.
There is a homepage with always actual offers only for premium classes
http://www.vorne-sitzen.de/
offers from germany >>> http://www.vornesitzen.de/Home/TopAngeb ... /index.php (http://www.vornesitzen.de/Home/TopAngebote/AbflugAbDeutschland/index.php)
offers from other countries >>> http://www.vornesitzen.de/Home/TopAngeb ... /index.php (http://www.vornesitzen.de/Home/TopAngebote/AbflugAusDemAusland/index.php)

February 21st, 2009, 03:48
Can any of you gentlemen recommend a good website or travel agency for getting a decent price on a business class flight from London or Amsterdam to Bangkok? Economy prices seem to be falling, but I haven't seen much evidence of the same happening to business class prices. Thanks.

Thats beause business class people dont troll the web for bargains...they have class

......... a guy who chooses to be known as PHART telling us about class?

<cough>

:cheers:

October 1st, 2010, 16:32
Hi,

Business Class & First Class Flights at Affordable Prices on OneTravel and Plane ticket prices with cheapairfare and discounted business class airfare provide you a travel within your budget we almost always get the standard on-the-ground business-class perks.

pudel
October 1st, 2010, 16:51
on www.cheaptickets.ch (http://www.cheaptickets.ch) you can also find as it says, cheap tickets :hello1: greetings from pudel

cdnmatt
October 1st, 2010, 20:14
Thats beause business class people dont troll the web for bargains...they have class

Actually, it's generally because they know a multi-billion dollar company such as ExxonMobil is paying for the flight, so who gives a shit what it costs? That's why it's called BUSINESS class. They either pay with a corporate credit card, or submit their T&E at the end of the month.

bao-bao
October 1st, 2010, 21:27
Having been bumped up into business class a couple of times myself I honestly can't see what makes it worth the added expense - which can be twice the price of economy. I don't mean to offend anyone, but other than "because they can" would anyone care to explain why they choose to or insist on booking it?

Yes, there's additional space and the quality of the food was a little better, but I don't fly for the meals. Even in economy there's enough of a meal to hold body and soul together until I get where I'm going.

atri1666
October 1st, 2010, 22:12
For me it always makes it worth to fly business or first class. Never pay the full prices. There are always lots of good offers. It is not only the space and the good seat. No waiting for check in - always fast track - free internet and lounge visits.

Beachlover
October 1st, 2010, 22:30
Having been bumped up into business class a couple of times myself I honestly can't see what makes it worth the added expense - which can be twice the price of economy. I don't mean to offend anyone, but other than "because they can" would anyone care to explain why they choose to or insist on booking it?

Yes, there's additional space and the quality of the food was a little better, but I don't fly for the meals. Even in economy there's enough of a meal to hold body and soul together until I get where I'm going.

Actually it's usually 3-4 times the cost of economy, not double. If it were only double the cost I'd be taking business class all the time already. I don't because I can't justify tripling or quadrupling my flying expenses on a simple 7, 9 or 11 hour flight yet. Rather put it towards good accommodation.

I don't think business class is worth while until you're earning $500k/year (after tax) or more - just a personal opinion.

bao-bao
October 2nd, 2010, 00:16
Actually it's usually 3-4 times the cost of economy, not double. If it were only double the cost I'd be taking business class all the time already. I don't because I can't justify tripling or quadrupling my flying expenses on a simple 7, 9 or 11 hour flight yet. Rather put it towards good accommodation.
Thanks for correcting me. I honestly hadn't even looked and just guessed saying it was double. More than that would go into the "conspicuous consumption" file, to my way of thinking, and I agree - that kind of money can non only get a nicer hotel, it could pay for an entire year's school fees for a dozen kids through the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project (or one kid's entire education through 9th grade).

I'm not bashing anyone who would prefer the luxury seating - it is nice - but I couldn't justify it for myself on a regular basis. I'm content with the occasional free upgrade.

sticky rice
October 2nd, 2010, 00:27
i always fly business, last time AND next time to bkk with air france.
if im working all year hard, i like to enjoy myself, and spend my money on a few luxeries.
this year i paid about 1200 euros, the flight for next year is 1350 euros, money worth spent.
When i fly to south America i always fly business too, much much cheaper though.
Im a member of the sky team, wihich includes, air france, klm, and air europe and few more.

October 2nd, 2010, 04:10
if im working all year hard, i like to enjoy myself, and spend my money on a few luxeries.
this year i paid about 1200 euros, the flight for next year is 1350 euros, money worth spent.
When i fly to south America i always fly business too, much much cheaper though.
Im a member of the sky team, wihich includes, air france, klm, and air europe and few more.

It must be difficult finding time to do the "working hard" bit in between jetting round the world in business class?

And I'm a member of the Cocksucking team - beat that!

:occasion9:

October 2nd, 2010, 05:55
I used to fly business up to this time, now i have retired I have to look after my pennies, ie im now paying ┬г 560 via ┬г1800

mahjongguy
October 2nd, 2010, 07:36
I am over 6 feet tall, over 60yo, and the flight is 19 hours. At the very least, I need Deluxe Economy just so I don't feel like I'm being tortured.

bao-bao
October 2nd, 2010, 07:42
I am over 6 feet tall, over 60yo, and the flight is 19 hours. At the very least, I need Deluxe Economy just so I don't like I'm being tortured.
No question that the extra leg room is worthwhile - and with the airline I fly most often it's only around $200 extra each way. I'm also taller than average, so it's not frivolous. It is a far cry from the cost for business class, but again - I'm not knocking those who choose to pay those fares. I just choose NOT to.

lonelywombat
October 2nd, 2010, 08:53

I don't think business class is worth while until you're earning $500k/year (after tax) or more - just a personal opinion.

It is only 4 weeks since you were discussing Qantas business class fares to Buenos Aries, on this forum.

lonelywombat
October 2nd, 2010, 08:59
I am over 6 feet tall, over 60yo, and the flight is 19 hours. At the very least, I need Deluxe Economy just so I don't like I'm being tortured.

I was flying business class on standby return from London . For one leg I was dropped by Qantas to premium economy which had the leg room , very important for me , and the comfort.
Just a different name for same seats as above I suppose. I cannot sleep well on planes and not at all in economy. London to Melbourne is 21 hours and the word torture is apt.

Beachlover
October 2nd, 2010, 10:54
That's fair enough if you take one trip a year... I prefer to spread it out over 3-4 trips. When I think about it, the extra AUD$2-3k spent on business class is enough for a quick long-weekend trip to Bangkok or anywhere fun in Asia... that's enough to put me off the expense.

More than that would go into the "conspicuous consumption" file, to my way of thinking, and I agree - that kind of money can non only get a nicer hotel, it could pay for an entire year's school fees for a dozen kids through the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project (or one kid's entire education through 9th grade).

I'm not bashing anyone who would prefer the luxury seating - it is nice - but I couldn't justify it for myself on a regular basis. I'm content with the occasional free upgrade.Well, everyone's different when it comes to what makes them feel good. For me, making spending decisions based on what charity the money 'could' be spent on doesn't make sense... where does that piece of string end? For example, someone on another forum made a ridiculous suggestion that the administrators of one of the charities in Pattaya should stop making their own trips to Pattaya and put that money to better use for the kids.

It is only 4 weeks since you were discussing Qantas business class fares to Buenos Aries, on this forum.
Yeah, well what's your point? That's a freaking long flight... don't think I'll spend the $11k (peak season) for it though.

I am over 6 feet tall, over 60yo, and the flight is 19 hours. At the very least, I need Deluxe Economy just so I don't like I'm being tortured.I cannot sleep well on planes and not at all in economy. London to Melbourne is 21 hours and the word torture is apt.
I'm lucky I sleep fine in economy seats. The 9-hr BKK to Sydney overnight is great for me. Almost don't lose any time at all. I can get a good 7-8 hours' sleep and be in the office all fresh and ready at 7-8am.

cdnmatt
October 2nd, 2010, 11:34
I could maybe understand going business 10 years ago, when the perks were (somewhat) worth it, but nowadays, doesn't make much sense. On all long-haul flights I've been on in the past probably 5 years, every seat in economy has a personal TV with on-demand music, videos, games, etc. Food is fine, seats obviously aren't a comfortable leather sofa, but good enough.

10 years ago, economy didn't have anything, whereas business had everything, because business class is where airlines made all their money. Thanks to communication technology, that's now changed. People don't need in person business meetings as often nowadays, when you have video & phone conferencing, satellite link ups, broadband internet on every business related computer in the world pratically, and so on. Business revenue dropped for airlines, so they invested in economy seating, which is why economy has drastically improved. :)

Besides, there's many other things I'd prefer to do with $3000, than sit in a more comfortable chair for 12 hours. I'll brave the 12 hours, and keep the $3000.

atri1666
October 2nd, 2010, 12:11
Mostly when i fly to LOS i talk with some people and it makes me smile when i hear what they paid for the ticket. I never would pay 3-5000 Euro. My prices for C-tickets are always between 1100-1600 Euro. I only invest a small amount of time searching the internet to find good offers. The prices i pay are only a small part of my income and so i dont care about.

ceejay
October 2nd, 2010, 16:22
On all long-haul flights I've been on in the past probably 5 years, every seat in economy has a personal TV with on-demand music, videos, games, etc.
Thai doesn't - not on all its planes anyway. I flew Heathrow Bangkok on Thai in July, and the planes both ways had no personal in flight entertainment.

adman5000
October 2nd, 2010, 19:55
You may want to investigate purchasing your ticket in Bangkok if you plan on returning regularly. You can start by buying a one-way from your destination, then buy the round trip Business Class ticket at lower prices in BKK and have your ticket for your next trip. I have been doing this for 5+ years and found it to be the least hassle and lowest cost.

lonelywombat
October 2nd, 2010, 21:50
You may want to investigate purchasing your ticket in Bangkok if you plan on returning regularly. You can start by buying a one-way from your destination, then buy the round trip Business Class ticket at lower prices in BKK and have your ticket for your next trip. I have been doing this for 5+ years and found it to be the least hassle and lowest cost.

It is only a few weeks since this was last discussed. Qantas would not ticket me in august as I did not have a return ticket booked. I had planned to fly the direct flight with Jetstar but not made the booking. Many people say they have never been asked at checkin but if you are returning with the same airline, your return ticket shows on your booking.

I would be interested in what airline you fly and from where.

adman5000
October 3rd, 2010, 10:31
I sent you a PM to answer your questions with some additional info = I do not use Visa on arrival.

jolyjacktar
October 3rd, 2010, 14:16
Most single flight tickets are about the same price as a return. I cant see any advantage by buying a one way ticket when for almost the same money you get the return. I do understand what your saying about getting the return flight cheaper in Bangkok, but its the price of the first ticket i dont like. Several years ago i had saved up enough Air miles for a one way trip on KLM so i decided to use it on the return leg from Bangkok to Norwich as this was the longer leg. I tried to get a one way ticket for the outward leg and the price quoted was silly money so in the end i didnt bother and just waited till i had enough miles to do the round trip.

ned kelly-old
October 3rd, 2010, 14:29
Tickets from BKK used to be cheaper but since the realignment of currencies that began in many countries over a year ago it is now frequently not the case. You can buy BKK return from the UK consistently cheaper than the BKK/UK return for example, particularly the business class special fares.

adman5000
October 3rd, 2010, 20:51
As they say, "individual results may vary." I merely suggest you check it out. It is going to vary depending on where you are coming from, the fare class you require, etc. I get a ticket that is upgradeable, changeable, and good for one year and from what I have compared, I get a better deal buying in BKK in the manner I described.