PDA

View Full Version : "homintern" is dead

February 19th, 2009, 02:01
Colonel Stephen Johnson who wrote here as "homintern" died of a heart attack a few hours ago. I am proud to have known him as a dear friend. I know he loved writing for this board but warned me not to try myself unless I had a strong stomach. I will miss him so much.

February 19th, 2009, 02:26
Colonel Stephen Johnson who wrote here as "homintern" died of a heart attack a few hours ago. I am proud to have known him as a dear friend. I know he loved writing for this board but warned me not to try myself unless I had a strong stomach. I will miss him so much.

My sincere condolences to his friends and family.

I never met him in person but always looked forward to reading his next post or response, he conveyed wit and a charm that I respected... I will miss his presence on the board.

I don't know anything about the man, i.e. his health, age, background or life story, but his passing again serves as a reminder to me that life has no script. No one ever know what is coming at us the next second, minute, hour or day.

Rest in Peace

joe552
February 19th, 2009, 03:04
if this is true (and not some sad wind-up from one of Homi's many foes on the board), i feel a huge sadness - he was one of the reasons i always checked in here. his wit (often abrasive) amused and entertained - most of the time he knew what he was talking about - he was opinionated, strong, but always prepared to take the piss out of himself before someone else could.
i genuinely mourn his passing. i agree, soi_toi, we just never know.

February 19th, 2009, 04:09
Again, I have never met the guy but will miss his knowledgeable & witty contributions to this board.

February 19th, 2009, 05:17
I am very sorry to hear this. I've lang syne regarded him as one of the pillars of this space and was pleased when he came out as the most popular member in the poll I posted a few months back. Basically, he called it as he saw it. Not every one agreed and he cared less. He had a few targets but I think there was no real malice there, just a prick for the odd balloon. If i say I'll remember him as a prick, I'm sure he'll get it.

mj_87-old
February 19th, 2009, 06:10

If true, it is too bad. I never met the guy but I always thought he was funny and an entertaining poster. I also suspected he would have been fun to go out and have a few drinks with.... I guess that is not going to happen. Again too bad.

February 19th, 2009, 06:18
R.I.P funny man.

I bet you`re making the angels laugh or the devils sit on your face.

February 19th, 2009, 06:34
Sad news. May you keep Buddha laughing my friend.

x in pattaya
February 19th, 2009, 07:06

He was a vicious, nasty person who was always good for some laughs ... actually my favorite type of personality. Being intelligently nasty is an often over-looked skill and certainly not widely practiced here.

Assuming he is dead and not going through one of his periodic reincarnations, he will be missed. I kept him on my foe list because of his talent for provoking me, but half the time I had to open his messages anyway to see what acerbic observation he had made.

I wonder how many aliases he took with him.

Wesley
February 19th, 2009, 07:15
Surely this cannot be true, has anyone verified this? If it is true although I just recently made it off is ignore list I never really took him as a bad person. He was funny witty and full of tongue in cheek fun. If true he will be deeply missed as a friend and at times a foe here.

All the best my dear Homiturn, I am sure you never believed in any sort of angels, so I won't make any wishes for you in that regard. If there was or is a God, I am sure you didn't believe in him, If there is, I hope he found you. If not then we are of all men most miserable with your passing. He will be missed. I am sure of one thing, the boys ass who sat on your face regularly will miss you the most.

All The Best ,

Wes

February 19th, 2009, 08:21
I'm not sure which is more shocking: the fact that he is dead or the fact that he had a friend.

February 19th, 2009, 08:24
deleted by jinks

Your a heartless piece of fucking shit ,even thou i didnt get on with him it only a board here and he is human

We only live once and it a short time

RIP HOMI

lonelywombat
February 19th, 2009, 09:05

If true, it is too bad. I never met the guy but I always thought he was funny and an entertaining poster. I also suspected he would have been fun to go out and have a few drinks with.... I guess that is not going to happen. Again too bad.

I used to chat with him occasionally in the old forum chat room. He was serious and sane and fun. He will be missed.

Smiles
February 19th, 2009, 09:12
Right now there is only one post (the original) which states they know this to be true ... which means 'rumour' to me. Must say however that the original post (by Sathorn) does indeed 'sound' authentic. I know for a fact that Homintern's real name is as he writes.

Is there anyone on this Board who can confirm the opening post? Homintern (AKA 'The Colonel' in an earlier life) wrote fairly often that he only posted on these Boards "for the laughs" ~ a fairly healthy attitude ~ and I can easily see this thread as either the Ultimate Laugh . . . or Very Sad News indeed.
Not certain which yet.

Cheers ...

catawampuscat
February 19th, 2009, 12:30
I have been in frequent pm contact with homintern for a while and often
exchange several daily. As stated earlier, he was here for a good time
and didn't take it all as seriously as some might have thought.
He mostly wrote about Smiles and X in Pattaya but also several others
and when we compared foe lists, he bragged his was longer..

The sad reality is that many of us are nearer to death than we would like
and those living in Thailand are making the most of the time left to us.
I will miss homintern as he was was always interesting and while we
disagreed about many things, we also agreed on many things.

My last pm from him was about two or three days ago and I looked for one today before checking the forum. There wasn't one. I am thrilled he had
friends and hope the sad men who are enjoying this moment look into their
own lives and see the bad karma and make some changes in their own lives. :cat:

jinks
February 19th, 2009, 13:12
I trust this info is correct. He will be missed and remembered.

He was registered: 28 Jun 2005

Last active: Yesterday 18 Feb 2009 08:00 GMT. Total Posts: 5717.

P.S. Any other replies in bad taste will be deleted too.

R.I.P. Colonel. :salute:

Patexpat
February 19th, 2009, 13:29
Love him or hate him, you couldn't ignore him ... and I am in agreement with X, he was on my foe list, and yes, despite that, I HAD to peep at many of his posts!!!

RIP

February 19th, 2009, 14:00
In a place such as this, we can all project the persona that we choose. Unless we know someone personally we have no idea what the person behind the mask is really like. For the persona that was Homintern to evoke such strong reactions shows us how good he was at making us believe in the persona he projected. That surely must be the ultimate accolade on an anonymous board.

However, behind each and every mask that appears on this board is a person, a real person. We would do well not to judge that person, no matter what we think of the projection they made.

RIP

DamienZ
February 19th, 2009, 15:02
"DON'T CRY BECAUSE IT'S OVER,
SMILE BECAUSE IT HAPPENED!" Dr Zeuss
I often just checked the boards to read Homintern's reply, or response to the drama de jour. A relativly new poster, I did not know him, but knew his words, wit and sense of humor. There will be a void here and he will be missed by those who knew him, disliked him, and admired him.
RIP :salute:

February 19th, 2009, 15:50
As always when we read of a death it brings home to us all that dispite loving or hating people we are all mortal and should just get on with enjoying life and helping those less fortunate than others whenever we can as I am sure homintern did.

RIP Colonel

MARK
February 19th, 2009, 16:02
homintern R.I.P.

Mark.

Dodger
February 19th, 2009, 17:09
I imagine that for every person here who disliked him - there is an equal number of people here who deserve to be disliked. As in life, all things seem to balance perfectly.

I was sad to hear this news, but my immediate thought reaction was the insensitivity displayed in the title by the original poster, e.g. "Homintern is Dead." Maybe it's just me, but there are much more appropriate terms or phrases which could have been used to announce this news, especially coming from someone who considers himself a friend.

I can go back through a decade of posts, both here and on the old PG Forum, where The Colonel and I were involved in active (and sometimes furious) discussion, although we never once pointed our sabers in each others direction. Maybe it was due to some sort of mutaul respect, or maybe because we both liked having boys sit on our faces...who knows I just laughed at his sharp wit and never took him as serious as some here apparently did.

Rest my friend, but whatever you do, don't rest too peacefully. What fun is that!

Aunty
February 19th, 2009, 17:19
If true, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 19th, 2009, 17:25
This is such sad news..I was so fond of the old dear. We kept up a regular commentary via private messages that were full of delicious gossip. I'll miss him badly particularly as we had finally arranged to meet in Bangkok next month.

Love or loathe the members on here..they really are like one big family and you accept them for what they are. Sad to lose a brother. :pale:

So the time has come dear Colonel
to leave this mortal coil
and for us to say bye bye
and even though you were a bald old cunt
I know that even now that some lovely lad
is sitting on your face
in that giant go go bar
in the sky. :salute:

February 19th, 2009, 17:28
I wouldn't want to be in the Colonel's shoes when the MAN on top goes in detail through his posting history. I know he made a lot of excuses, like "probably", just to cover his butt, but he ain't gonna see it that way.

Now safely on {IGNORE} for eternity, may he rest.

Khor tose
February 19th, 2009, 17:30

Wanting to know more about the Colonel, I have been Googling, and I can find no reference to him. I tried Google, Google UK, Google Australia, Google Singapore, and Google Kaula Lampur. As a colonel, and a writer, and a business manager I would hope someone would publish an Obit on the Colonel. Very sad if no-one knew him well enough to do so or no family members to do so. Can you help me find an Obit on the Colonel?

x in pattaya
February 19th, 2009, 17:32
We would do well not to judge that person, no matter what we think of the projection they made.

RIP

Good heavens that would be a rejection of what Homi/The Colonel spent his board time doing ... prosecuting, judging and executing people based on his perception of their "projections." That is, in fact, what makes both this board and him worth reading. If you want only PC nice-nice, you can find it, so I'm told, on the Purple Passion board.

He may very well have had different personalities in different contexts, but don't remodel & white wash what he was here, now that he can no longer defend himself.

Assuming my death is noted on this board, please don't nauseate me and everyone else by rehabilitating me with Hallmark confectionary. Had I predeceased him, IтАЩm sure Homi would have had something pithy to say about me and I wouldnтАЩt want it any other way.

Wesley
February 19th, 2009, 18:19
We would do well not to judge that person, no matter what we think of the projection they made.

RIP

Good heavens that would be a rejection of what Homi/The Colonel spent his board time doing ... prosecuting, judging and executing people based on his perception of their "projections." That is, in fact, what makes both this board and him worth reading. If you want only PC nice-nice, you can find it, so I'm told, on the Purple Passion board.

He may very well have had different personalities in different contexts, but don't remodel & white wash what he was here, now that he can no longer defend himself.

Assuming my death is noted on this board, please don't nauseate me and everyone else by rehabilitating me with Hallmark confectionery. Had I predeceased him, IтАЩm sure Homi would have had something pithy to say about me and I wouldnтАЩt want it any other way.

I would think in his passing as well as your or mine, there will be those who looked at him and even you in rose colored glasses and some in no glasses at all and some with disdain, I think he would hate it more if people did not express how they felt in what ever way they felt comfortable. When it comes to death, people tend not to be critical. I would assume the Col. would not want us to deliberately take pot shots at this point when he has no way to shoot back of defend himself. Sure I had a full years fun with him and he with me. In that way when you pass or me, I will take no side shots at you either just because we can't get along. I will wish you the best, as I have all.

Wes

lonelywombat
February 19th, 2009, 18:50

Your turn next Aunty

February 19th, 2009, 18:52

Wanting to know more about the Colonel, I have been Googling, and I can find no reference to him. I tried Google, Google UK, Google Australia, Google Singapore, and Google Kaula Lampur. As a colonel, and a writer, and a business manager I would hope someone would publish an Obit on the Colonel. Very sad if no-one knew him well enough to do so or no family members to do so. Can you help me find an Obit on the Colonel?

Since there are so many reservations as to the veracity of Sathorn's post and since nobody except Sathorn has said that they knew someone called Colonel Stephen Johnson, please can Sathorn answer the following questions:

Did Homintern die in Bangkok or elsewhere?
Where will the funeral be held; if out of Thailand will there be a Memorial service in Bangkok that his friends can attend?
When an obituary is published can Sathorn please publish a link here?

Aunty
February 19th, 2009, 19:03

Your turn next Aunty

You first. You're older than me.

And as your fellow countrymen Bad Boy Billy used to often say to you Lonely Wombat, Ah shut up ya mad cunt!

Wesley
February 19th, 2009, 19:08
homi would have denied his death by now if something was not wrong, sure he would not let this thread go on if he were still here. I think.

Wes

TrongpaiExpat
February 19th, 2009, 19:11
I'll miss his posting. Others will as well, remember he won George's contest as the most popular poster but would not accept the honor in person. I have never met Homi face to face, wish I did. It seems so far that new poster Sathorn is the only one on this board that knew the real person.

Thanks Sathorn for taking the time to post this bad news and now we await more details.

RIP Colonel

Hmmm
February 19th, 2009, 19:42
This board is a more boring place as of today.

Also, on what basis is it OK to publish someone's real name - assuming it IS homi's real name - just because they are dead ?

colmx
February 19th, 2009, 21:26
Sad to hear that another board legend has passed on...

I'm sure him and Wowpow are somewhere with the Colonel bickering about who "cut and paste" all the articles out of his newspaper!

On the other hand... I seem to recall a message last year saying that Bucknaway had died of HIV... and that message was later proven to be a complete fabrication... so I await further confirmation that this is true (No offence Sathorn!)

February 19th, 2009, 21:31
You gullible sods.

Homi is no more dead than you or me. He made a posting on CFS using one of his confirmed aliases (silomgwm) just this afternoon.

Sathorn and he are one and the same, and he's having a big old guffaw at you cunts right now, wallowing in the attention you're showering on his pathetic arse.

Wesley
February 19th, 2009, 21:41
You gullible sods.

Homi is no more dead than you or me. He made a posting on CFS using one of his confirmed aliases (silomgwm) just this afternoon.

Sathorn and he are one and the same, and he's having a big old guffaw at you cunts right now, wallowing in the attention you're showering on his pathetic arse.

if that is true then he should be banned for ever this is not funny

February 19th, 2009, 21:54
You gullible sods.

if that is true then he should be banned for ever this is not funny

I too would find it rather repugnant (for want of a better word) but find it hard to believe that anyone would do that.

jinks
February 19th, 2009, 21:56
Locked until confirmation is received.