PDA

View Full Version : Boat trip from Pattaya

February 17th, 2009, 05:56
I have a couple of Thai friends coming down to Pattaya from the north. They have never seen the sea before. Can someone point me to a tour company, tour site, office, etc. where they offer different day trips by boat from Pattaya? Thanks!

rincondog
February 17th, 2009, 07:24
Take them on a day trip to Koh Larn. It is about an 45 minute boat ride to an island with good swimming beaches, nice clean water.

francois
February 17th, 2009, 09:23
Just advise your friends to bring their own life jackets,

x in pattaya
February 17th, 2009, 11:12
Can someone point me to a tour company, tour site, office, etc. where they offer different day trips by boat from Pattaya? Thanks!

Walk down to the Pattaya beach and stand still for a couple of minutes, especially in the morning. No need to find them. They'll be standing all around you before you can say "Avast ye Maties" (whatever that means).

February 17th, 2009, 13:07
Or you can make it the cheap way. Go to the pier at the end of Walking Street. Boats leave every hour and cost you 20 Bath- Make sure you take the boat that goes direct to the beach and not to the village.
Last boat back from Kho Larn is 7.oo pm I think.

TrongpaiExpat
February 17th, 2009, 13:38
First time on a boat? One word: Dimenhydrinate (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a607046.html)

February 18th, 2009, 05:06
THANKS EVERYONE! Great help!

February 19th, 2009, 13:46
Myself and 3 friends did this trip about 6 weeks ago
Getting there no problem leaving on the 4pm boat back to pattaya was very unplesent, far to many people just pushed on the last boat
We got half way it was a bit choppy, and the sea started to come over the sides.
The boat stopped and turned back for about 15 minutes then a another boat came alongside and we where transferred. both boats then traveled to pattaya the police where there counting how many people where put on the first boa'I.
I been on this trip many times as I live half the year in pattaya now I would never go on them dam boats again.
Thai's trying to save money put everyone on one boat. there is no safely in anyway in Pattaya from the roads to the boats