PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Party in Sunee Plaza

ChrisUK
February 16th, 2009, 16:04
An enjoyable evening in the streets of Sunee Plaza occurred on Saturday, 14th February where a street party was held in front of Wan's Place, Euro Boys, Green Bar, Redgy's Place, Rainbow Bar, The Place 2 B, Jim Jimmy James and The New Queens bars. The street between these bars was closed to traffic and tables and chairs spread out into the street, with a stage erected at the Wan's Place end.

A mixture of singers, go-go dancing, contest and a cabaret show, concluding with individual solo performances from volunteers provided several hours of entertainment for many of us in the audience. Personally, the initial singing sounded rather off key and I hesitated to rush to the event, but when the go-go guys started their performance, we made a beeline for the seats and were not disappointed from then on.

The go-goтАЩs from Euro Boys put on their usual energetic dancing show, dressed a little bit more modestly than in their Club performances, but then it was a street performance designed not to scare any passing horses, elephants, or moralistic do-gooders.

Pic of Go-Go dancers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/ChrisUK/Oct08%20-%20Apl09/ValentinesPartyGo-GoDisplay.jpg

The singers sang a selection of songs to please both Thai and Western ears. The backing group of dancers to one artist was very pleasing to the eye.

Pic of singer/dancers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/ChrisUK/Oct08%20-%20Apl09/ValentinesStreetParty-singerdancers.jpg

The cabaret show was a performance of a couple of songs, mimed and danced seemingly professionally by very good artistes.

Pic of Cabaret show
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/ChrisUK/Oct08%20-%20Apl09/ValentinesStreetParty-Cabaretshow.jpg

As a first event (I think) which closed off a significant section of Sunee Plaza to enable a large street party (akin to Boyztown), I applaud the organisers and participating bars for their interest and enthusiasm which was appreciated by many in the large audience.

If there were to be a word of criticism, I would suggest that in future, the performers have a stage speaker or earphones to prevent the occasional 'caterwauling' effect when a singer goes off key through not hearing their backing music. Also explanations, in English, of the contest for the dancers and how they were judged would have appreciated by many, I am sure. I wasn't sure if they were awarded prizes for their dancing or good looks. That section left me bemused.

Pic of Go-Go Contestants
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/ChrisUK/Oct08%20-%20Apl09/ValetinesStreetParty-Go-Gocontestan.jpg

I do hope this event was the first of many, as it brought a new and refreshing angle on entertainment in Sunee.

gerefan2
February 16th, 2009, 17:08
Was there any Advertising, posters, billboards flyers etc.,for this??
I never saw any and consequently missed the whole thing.........
:angryfire: :angryfire:
g2

jinks
February 16th, 2009, 21:04
I never saw any and consequently missed the whole thing.........
:angryfire: :angryfire:
g2

Try reading the treads that on on this board.

i.e. saturday-take-your-pick-on-valentines-night-t17160.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/saturday-take-your-pick-on-valentines-night-t17160.html)

dab69
February 16th, 2009, 21:44
wow nice pics, especially of the go go boys.
thanks for posting

February 17th, 2009, 11:35
Your report didn't mention the Dolly Sisters?
Couldn't have been much of a street party without them!

neddy3
February 17th, 2009, 11:58
Nice report and photos, Chris UK.

No Dolly sisters? What a bonus. I am not here to see hideous falangs in frocks!

Shuee
February 17th, 2009, 23:28
good show young chap. i hope the telescopic zoom on your camera also coped with the hot action

lonelywombat
February 18th, 2009, 05:00
[quote="ChrisUK"

I do hope this event was the first of many, as it brought a new and refreshing angle on entertainment in Sunee.[/quote]

Thanks for the report and the photos. I loved the first 3 but not so turned on by the go go boys
Maybe they can be persuaded to turn on a monthly version [say first friday] If people know there is going to be a street party they can adjust their travel plans accordingly

My friend in BKK just emailed to say if he had known in advance, he would have come down for the weekend as would probably many others

Smiles
February 18th, 2009, 10:46
Nice photos Chris. Wish I looked like that in a white spandex(?) shirt.

Cheers ...

lonelywombat
February 18th, 2009, 16:06
I never saw any and consequently missed the whole thing.

You should try reading some local gay websites, there were several sites listing this well beforehand.

I rarely read the other boards and browse this now rather than read every post Too many long winded posters and I am heartily sick of the smoking issue. BTW I dont smoke

It would be interesting to know who organized this. It shows that there are some people who will get off their ars and do the hard yards. Of course you will have the few small bar[owners] who refuse to contribute, but good luck to those who made the effort and I hope it happens again soon

I suggested something like this to Monty for Jomtien for Oktoberfest, but he could not get the support. Pity

February 18th, 2009, 19:44
Thank you all for a very nice evening
Poow the new owner of place 2 be. A very nice man, he has change the bar into a show bar, show to start on the 28th Feb 2009.
lots of nice waiter to take care of your needs. well only if you off them
best wishes on your new bar.