PDA

View Full Version : Calling BKK from another country.

February 16th, 2009, 15:18
I'm back home and having difficulty calling a Thai mobile phone that starts 087 and then the seven digit number. After dialing International Access Code, the 66 country code for Thailand, do I need to dial a city code for Bangkok (2) and then the full number OR what???
Trying all combinations tonight, I can't get the call to go thru.
And on a business card I have a numer that is 02-236-????. In that case, do I need to use the City Code as it seems short one number?? Help?

February 16th, 2009, 16:10
simple, go to www.countrycallingcodes.com (http://www.countrycallingcodes.com)

jinks
February 16th, 2009, 21:01
Try reading the other threads on this subject.... and get FREE calls.

February 16th, 2009, 23:06
You don't dial the 02 Bangkok code, and you don't dial the first 0 (87 not 087) for the mobile number. When dialing an 02 number, same applies, on't dial the first zero. Mobile numbers are one digit longer than Bangkok landline numbers (02)..

That is the answer I needed. Thanks. But it begs the question: 'Why do they print the 02 on business cards and listings if you don't dial the 0, and why do the boys write the 0 before their mobile numbers when giving you their number to call?'

I'm texting with two boys. One in BKk and one in Pattaya. When they text me, the reply I send has been no problem as its automatic based on their calling. But when I initiate the call it fails. Then I try voice call and the extra 0 and 02 caused failure.

Thanks, understood now.

February 17th, 2009, 00:11
You don't dial the 02 Bangkok code, and you don't dial the first 0 (87 not 087) for the mobile number. When dialing an 02 number, same applies, on't dial the first zero. Mobile numbers are one digit longer than Bangkok landline numbers (02)..

That is the answer I needed. Thanks. But it begs the question: 'Why do they print the 02 on business cards and listings if you don't dial the 0, and why do the boys write the 0 before their mobile numbers when giving you their number to call?'

I'm texting with two boys. One in BKk and one in Pattaya. When they text me, the reply I send has been no problem as its automatic based on their calling. But when I initiate the call it fails. Then I try voice call and the extra 0 and 02 caused failure.

Thanks, understood now.

You never use the 0 digit when dialing a number from outside of the country that you wish to contact. It is a digit only used when dialing within a country.