PDA

View Full Version : Gogo-bars in Sunee Plaza

February 16th, 2009, 12:24
This is my first post in this forum and I just want to share my experiance from Pattaya

I have just ended my first visit in Thailand, and I am very amazed about the country! I planned to travel around for three weeks but stayed in Pattaya the whole time. I loved it (the boys) too much to leave.
The first days I spend in Boystown but then I found Sunee Plaza which was, in my opinion better and more value for the money.
The gogo-bars in Pattaya are amazing, but it took me a while to understand how everything works out. The mamasan in one of the bars sat down with me and explained everything about bar-fees for taking boys from the bar, about tip and everything that.

My comments about the bars:

Villa Roughe: Looks like all the boys are straight and are only there for the money. But the decoration was really nice! Also the costumes!

The bar opposite Villa Roughe: too many boys and no one seemed to be happy. Also the waiters was tired, and the bar was kind of dirty. The toilet smelled bad and it was water on the floor. I think they need a renovation inside.

Crazy Dragon: I did not go inside because the door men were to pushy and grabbed my arms and asked me for bying drinks. It pissed me off!

Nice Boys; Same pushy door-men, but the bar was ok. A lot of the guys smiled and seemed to have fun. But the waiter gave me wrong change (I payed with a 1000 bill but only got change from a 500-bill. It made them angry so I left loosing 500 bath!

Cocktail Bar: The first time I was there only 8 boys were dancing. The next time I went there they had maybe 20 boys DANCING everywhere, on the floor, the sofas, the podium and just infront of the customers! Great party feeling but because I was the only customer inside I felt a little embarrased. Drinks were cheap! And many really good looking boys!

Look Bar: I just went inside, but the boys looked like they were about 15-16 years old, and for me that is too young.

Tom Yum. The staff were too pushy and the music booring. But many attractive boys inside! Also a great balcony from where you can see the whole street! Many of the boys were very nice so it was definately a good visit!

Legun: I liked the interior but it smelled really bad. The boys were just standing more than dancing and they seemed to be more interested in eachother than in the(few) customers there. Seemes like they moved all the good boys to Cocktail. Maybe it is the same owner?

Euroboys. This bar was 100% clean and new renovated. The funny manager asked me if I wanted an unberella because they had waterproblem from the roof. All the boys were really good dancers and played around among each other and with the customers inside! Also sitting outside and watch the three craczy dormen was fun!

Jimmy Jimmy James-Gogo: Deacent but NO customers inside the two times I was there. Many good looking boys

Happy Bar: This bar I liked. Interior as a craczy trance disco and the boys were fliring alot! This was the only bar with many customers inside! Strange becasue it is a little bit off from Sunee.

Reggys beer bar and rainbow beerbar was great places to start the evening and finnish it. Memory bar was looked from outside the times I passed it. Loked nice but there must have been some kind of privat partys there. Who want to sit like a monkey in a cage?
Olso the restaurante next to Euroboys was a positive visit. Great place to eat and see all the boys on the street! Very cheap and good food too!

I will come back to Pattaya as soon as I can, Are there more gay areas to exolore except frp, Boystown and Sunee Plaza?
Or will I find the same atmospehere if I go to Pukhet?

One thing that surprised me was that almost all customers were over 70 years old! Where are the younger gay people when they travel to thailand?

Thailand, the land of smiles! I will definately come back soon again!!!

Joc

RichLB
February 16th, 2009, 13:17
I'm so glad you loved Pattaya - good choice. To answer your question, yes there are gay areas other than the ones you mentioned. My personal preference is Jomtien Complex. It has become a combination of boy bars, girl bars, and a restaurant row of sorts. Oddly, there are no go go bars there (I think I've heard something about a "zoning" law prohibiting them - although some bars do have dancers who perform on demand), but the open air bars and boys are active and fun.

You also didn't mention Dongtan Beach. This is a major gay venue during the day and for those who are looking for them many available boys around. You will not be lonely there.

As to Phuket, many like it there. I do not. I was disappointed in the paucity of gay bars and got the feeling I was in a farang playground. I saw very few Thais in Patong who were not waiters or otherwise working in the tourist trade. But, that being said, it is a beautiful place and since the Tsunami everything seems new and sparkling. It is way overpopulated with young tourists, though, and primarily straight.

Come on back to Pattaya. There's a lot more here you have yet to discover.

Narakmak
February 16th, 2009, 13:22
Where exactly is this TOM YUM bar located? Thank you for your candid report. It was an excellent subjective set of impressions.

February 16th, 2009, 13:23
But the waiter gave me wrong change (I payed with a 1000 bill but only got change from a 500-bill. It made them angry so I left loosing 500 bath! It sounds like you discovered the most common scams too

One thing that surprised me was that almost all customers were over 70 years old! Where are the younger gay people when they travel to thailand?Bangkok

Narakmak
February 16th, 2009, 13:33
If you must use 1000 baht bills to pay for bills under 500, this usually avoids that common scam.
Visibly hold up the bill. Say: Pan baht (in Thai) or even 1000 baht in English and make sure you have good eye contact with the waiter and he acknowledges you in some way. You will find they are much less likely to try that scam if you do that.

February 16th, 2009, 14:23
Great that you got the info about "gogo boys rules" from the mamasan. For more info see http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/news/newcomer.html

Tom Yum is opposite Cocktail Boyz on the 2nd floor.

Mike

elephantspike
February 16th, 2009, 17:34
Welcome to the extreme (pushy) city.

x in pattaya
February 16th, 2009, 20:41
The first days I spend in Boystown but then I found Sunee Plaza which was, in my opinion better and more value for the money.

Yes it's easy to see why you found it so nice and better value, too! Thanks for your totally objective report with no ulterior motive or hidden agenda!

Villa Roughe: Looks like all the boys are straight and are only there for the money.

The bar opposite Villa Roughe: ...no one seemed to be happy. Also the waiters was tired, and the bar was kind of dirty. The toilet smelled bad

Crazy Dragon: It pissed me off!

Nice Boys; Same pushy door-men, ... It made them angry so I left loosing 500 bath!

Look Bar: I just went inside, but the boys looked like they were about 15-16 years old, and for me that is too young.

Tom Yum. The staff were too pushy and the music booring.

Legun: I liked the interior but it smelled really bad. ... Seemes like they moved all the good boys to Cocktail.

Euroboys. This bar was 100% clean and new renovated. The funny manager asked me if I wanted an unberella because they had waterproblem from the roof. All the boys were really good dancers and played around among each other and with the customers inside! Also sitting outside and watch the three craczy dormen was fun!

Jimmy Jimmy James-Gogo: NO customers inside

Reggys beer bar and rainbow beerbar Who want to sit like a monkey in a cage?

Olso the restaurante next to Euroboys was a positive visit. Great place to eat and see all the boys on the street! Very cheap and good food too!

One thing that surprised me was that almost all customers were over 70 years old!

Wesley
February 16th, 2009, 21:35
Excellent report, some owners should pay attention to the report of a newbie with no agenda, as for Pushy doorman after 2 years of no Pattaya and only Bangkok to explore. I honestly thought Pattaya was much easier to go in with out the Taunts of the taunts. But, I will say that I am a bit thick skinned when it comes to that. I have been pissed once or twice in Bangkok. Most all my long term Business goes to Pattaya. Short term fly though visits, I go to Bangkok.

Again excellent report and a fresh Voice.

ALL THE BEST,

Wes

catawampuscat
February 16th, 2009, 22:28
The two Legun boy bar continue to open and close and now Legun 1,
formerly Jungle Boys is open and Legun 2 is closed. Next door the
restaurant is being renovated for a new restaurant.
Unfortunately, Legun is an ashtray bar and even the boys smoke cigarettes inside. Apparently, a regular customer supplies the boys with cigarettes and he chain smokes and the bar stinks. Too bad, as this bar can be a lot of fun but as long as Jorge is foolish enough to allow smoking, he will lose many many customers and many will never return as the stink stays even after the smokers have left.

Say what you like about Krazy Dragon and Jimm Jimmy James but you will never see an ashtray or cigarette/cigar smoking inside either bar and you will have the time of your life and leave withpuit stinking clothes and stinging eyes..
Unfortunately, without the enforcement of the no smoking law, many bar
owners bring out the ashtrays.
I should include Nice Boys in the no tobacco smoking
category but unfortunately these are the only three go gos in Sunee that you can be guaranteed a tobacco smoke free atmosphere and still have a great time..
I will not respond to those who defend cigarette smoking in a/c bars because
prostitution is also against the law, those who don't believe in the effects of second hand smoke and those who fell it is their right to pollute.. All those
on that side of the issue can choke on their fucking disgusting cigarettes/cigars, imho :cat:

Dodger
February 17th, 2009, 06:06
I don't want any of your statistics; I took your whole batch and lit my pipe with it.

I hate your kind of people. You are always ciphering out how much a man's health is injured, and how much his intellect is impaired, and how many pitiful dollars and cents he wastes in the course of ninety-two years' indulgence in the fatal practice of smoking; and in the equally fatal practice of drinking coffee; and in playing billiards occasionally; and in taking a glass of wine at dinner, etc. etc. And you are always figuring out how many women have been burned to death because of the dangerous fashion of wearing expansive hoops, etc. etc. You never see more than one side of the question.

You are blind to the fact that most old men in America smoke and drink coffee, although, according to your theory, they ought to have died young; and that hearty old Englishmen drink wine and survive it, and portly old Dutchmen both drink and smoke freely, and yet grow older and fatter all the time. And you never try to find out how much solid comfort, relaxation, and enjoyment a man derives from smoking in the course of a lifetime (which is worth ten times the money he would save by letting it alone), nor the appalling aggregate of happiness lost in a lifetime by your kind of people from not smoking. Of course you can save money by denying yourself all those little vicious enjoyments for fifty years; but then what can you do with it? What use can you put it to? Money can't save your infinitesimal soul. All the use that money can be put to is to purchase comfort and enjoyment in this life; therefore, as you are an enemy to comfort and enjoyment where is the use of accumulating cash?

It won't do for you to say that you can use it to better purpose in furnishing a good table, and in charities, and in supporting tract societies, because you know yourself that you people who have no petty vices are never known to give away a cent, and that you stint yourselves so in the matter of food that you are always feeble and hungry. And you never dare to laugh in the daytime for fear some poor wretch, seeing you in a good humor, will try to borrow a dollar of you; and in church you are always down on your knees, with your ears buried in the cushion, when the contribution-box comes around; and you never give the revenue officers a full statement of your income.

Now you know all these things yourself, don't you? Very well, then, what is the use of your stringing out your miserable lives to a lean and withered old age? What is the use of your saving money that is so utterly worthless to you? In a word, why don't you go off somewhere and die, and not be always trying to seduce people into becoming as ornery and unlovable as you are yourselves, by your villainous "moral statistics"?

Now, I don't approve of dissipation, and I don't indulge in it either; but I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices. And so I don't want to hear from you any more. I think you are the very same man who read me a long lecture last week about the degrading vice of smoking cigars, and then came back, in my absence, with your reprehensible fire-proof gloves on, and carried off my beautiful parlor stove.

Dodger
February 17th, 2009, 06:19
The Above Quote is by Mark Twain.

Where's the edit keY...am I going blind ? Could this be the result of smoking ?

elephantspike
February 17th, 2009, 07:24
The Above Quote is by Mark Twain.

Where's the edit keY...am I going blind ? Could this be the result of smoking ?

No, that's from masturbation. I don't think Twain ever went into that subject. :3some:

Wesley
February 17th, 2009, 08:09
I like Cat, detest the smoke, unless I'm smoking one of those fine lads in Pattaya, I do however, defend with diligence their right to smoke if they please. I have always believed it's up to you how you should die. To bad, the grim reaper does not agree. I do think that now there is, at least now ample evidence it is not very good for you and even worse for those sitting beside you for some odd reason, the stress I guess. No matter. I still sit beside them and complain not a word. If we have basic rights then that as well should be one of them, We carry guns that kill, as well a number of other thing we do are dangerous and we have a right to do all of them... I personally wish there was an invention that would suck the second hand smoke directly out the roof. Since that is not likely, I will sit with Dodger enjoy the conversation and enjoy his left over smoke.

All the best.

Wes

francois
February 17th, 2009, 09:21
I I personally wish there was an invention that would suck the second hand smoke directly out the roof.
All the best.
Wes
There is an invention, a smoke eater, which does a good job of clearing the air. But not likely you will see on in Thailand since smoking is prohibited in bars and restaurants.

Smiles
February 17th, 2009, 09:51
" ... I have just ended my first visit in Thailand, and I am very amazed about the country! I planned to travel around for three weeks but stayed in Pattaya the whole time. I loved it (the boys) too much to leave ... "
Unlike some posters on this thread, and although loathe to discourage a new member, in this case (for me) the main thought I had after reading it was ... suspicion.
Jock is "amazed" by the country of Thailand ... yet never stepped foot outside Pattaya.

Jock is "amazed" by the GoGo bars, while at the same time hating 'wet floors'; 'all the boys being straight being only there for the money (??)'; 'too many boys, none being happy'; 'waiters were tired'; 'needs a renovation'; 'pushy, grabbed my arms, pissed me off'; 'got the wrong change, made me angry'; 'music booring (sic)'; 'smelled real bad'; 'The boys were just standing more than dancing, didn't seem interested (in me!)'; 'umbrella for leaky roof'; 'NO customers inside the two times I was there'; 'Memory bar was looked from outside'; 'almost all customers were over 70 years old!'.

'Thailand, the land of smiles! I will definately come back soon again!!!' :albino:
A wind up post if ever I've read one.

Cheers ...

fedssocr
February 17th, 2009, 09:57
That's great that you enjoyed your first time in Thailand.

Personally I think you are really missing out on a lot if all you saw of Thailand was Pattaya. Especially on a first visit. There's no way I could spend 3 whole weeks in Pattaya. To go to Thailand and not visit the Grand Palace or the other major sites in Bangkok at the very least just seems wrong somehow. But like I said, if you had a good time I suppose that is what matters.

x in pattaya
February 17th, 2009, 10:07
Unlike some posters on this thread... the main thought I had after reading it was ... suspicion.
Jock is "amazed" by the country of Thailand ... yet never stepped foot outside Pattaya.

Cheers ...

Pattaya is the most amazing part of Thailand... BUT

Obviously my post stating essentially the same thing was a little too subtle for you, especially the observation that in the midst all all the pushy doormen, backed up toilets, 70 year old farang and straight boys solely motivated by money (as opposed to all the other Mother Teresa want-to-be's that ply the streets of Sunnee), he managed to heap unqualified praise in Euroboys and the restaurant next to Euroboys.

Wesley
February 17th, 2009, 10:29
A wind up post if ever I've read one.

I wish at times I had the time to sit and analyze each post and come to such great conclusions My dear Smiles, I find myself not quite so Cynical about every new post I see, I guess it would depend on how long he was registered before he decided to post for me to make such a conclusion, (ie I didn't Look and I am sure you did.) I tend to believe someone until I have a good reason not to, that includes X. However, your candor and the likelihood that you are right has me looking twice.( you have been right so often in the past , its hard to ignore your post) Having now looked at his first post and when he became a new member does cloud the issue for me.

All the Best!

Wes

Geezer
February 17th, 2009, 11:07
As Dodger has invoked Mark Twain, I must observe it was he who said bad habits are to be encouraged. He wrote, тАЬA man whoтАЩs health is failing and has no bad habits to give up is like a ship in a storm with no cargo to throw overboard.тАЭ

catawampuscat
February 17th, 2009, 11:11
Jock does have a valid point.
Euro Boys is beautifully decorated, with white couches, tastefully and
well air conditioned. I do recall the toilet was very clean and well designed
as well. The go go boys tend to be good dancers and sweet boys.
My only problem with the bar is it is tiny and very narrow but for some
having the go go boys within arms reach is not an issue. I do like to have
a bit of distance but as far as being a peach of a bar, it is true.
Jimm Jimmy James is also very beautifully decorated, very comfortable, well air conditioned and clean and modern. There is room to swing a cat and it tends to be more playful than Euro and has more no smoking signs than
even this poster needs to make his day/night..
I am also impressed by the comfort issues at Krazy Dragon with great
a/c, easy on the ears music, very comfortable and boys in your face.
I understand Nice Boys was recently renovated and enlarged but I haven't had a chance yet to check it out but did hear about lots of new boys just starting work this week.

Note: to Wes, sorry man but you are a doormat and tolerating tobacco smoking for philosophical reasons is wacko and it is time for you to stand up and be a man and tell the fucking tobacco smokers you don't like it and would they smoke outside and not in your face.. Otherwise Wes, people will just step all over you. You have rights too and putting up with chain smokers says to me that you have zero self respect for yourself and are a wimp. Some men are so desperate for friends that they are willing to sit in
a haze of tobacco smoke with chain smokers. You might as well wear a
'kick me' sign on your back, or an 'I'm an ashtray, use me as you will' sign,
or just lie down and be a doormat. just my humble opinion Wes..
P.S. Wes, Dodger is a gem and you would enjoy his company and he would respect your right not to be the recipient of second hand smoke. :cat:

Wesley
February 17th, 2009, 11:22
Actually cat, I was a former smoker, I remember well how badly I wanted a cigarette just after a beer or after a meal. That I cared enough about myself to quit 20 years ago says more about me than my tolerance for others inadequacies.

Yes I have heard Dodger is Quite a nice guy. I am a bit too easy to get along with in-fact my bf snatched a cigarette out of the hand of a guy that I was complaining about blowing cigarette smoke in my face. It was outside and fans were trying to keep the smoke off the terrace at a bar. Nevertheless I was getting more than my share of the smoke. However, he comes from an upper class Philippine family and felt he could do what ever he liked. Oddly enough he got away with it with out getting his ass kicked.

catawampuscat
February 17th, 2009, 11:39
Wes, you are a nice guy too, I am sure..
You would feel empowered and lots of self respect, if you spoke up
and made clear, your distaste of your companions smoking
in your face and have them get up off their lazy asses and smoke elsewhere.

I don't think for a moment that you will take this advice but you are missing
out on feeling like a man and not a doormat. If your friends don't want to
remain your friends after your request, are they really friends or just barflies
that would talk to the curtains if you weren't there to use as an ashtray.. :cat:

Men that think being nice is the most important thing and being tolerant
of barflies and bores deserve what comes there way. You better believe it
doesn't happen to me unless the smoker is a hot Thai boy that has my
libido doing flips. Ugly old farangs can choke on it and most cough half the time anyway when they aren't spitting out spurts of vile juices and babbling
non stop..

Wesley
February 17th, 2009, 13:09
Most likely, Cat, you are a nice person too. It would be nice if we had a board psychologist to help explain all the board Psychological insults around here, until then I guess we are stuck with you.

Generally, I have no problem saying no when I need to , if I do put up with something too long, I likely will simmer like a kettle until I blow and say much more than needed as with here occasionally... I would assume you like me and others have their own pet subjects that really get us fired up. I know I have a few in which I have made plain so many times its useless to continue the topic. That topic and a few others I have found only tend to piss people off not change the way they are, as you said likely I will not change my ways. But having been so accurate especially after the bf just told me the same thing last night, it seems to have a double meaning , maybe, if by chance there happens to be a god or fate of some kind. I suppose you and he are trying to tell me the obvious. So, maybe your spouting off is not as ineffective as I think. I just know smokers. Until they wake up and smell the coffee, people like you just make them smoke even more. I had to learn to care enough about myself to quit. No one, I mean no one ever convinced me I was hurting myself by smoking. I suspect the others on here are much the same. When I wanted to change my life style, I did. For me the defining moment was when I woke up coughing as if I had just been in a house fire. I realized my body was trying to tell me something and I listened. Nevertheless, I had to care enough about Wesley to make the change. Fortunately, I tend to follow through on things, as it seems, you do. I suspect you will be spouting this subject until the last smoker has long gone though Pattaya and finally cigarettes are outlawed altogether. With the advent of the new socialism, I suspect that maybe sooner than we think.

All the entire best Cat!!!!!!

x in pattaya
February 17th, 2009, 13:49
... are they really friends or just barflies
that would talk to the curtains if you weren't there ...

There's always the possibility that they're purposely smoking in the hopes that Wes will leave them alone with the curtains.

Some people are more attracted to well-hung curtains than talkative doormats.

catawampuscat
February 17th, 2009, 16:01
X, I knew you couldn't resist gaybutton bending over backwards,
but well hung curtains.... too bad homintern has you on his foe
list or I am sure he would have raised his eyebrows.
I am impressed with Wesley's response and maybe he will see the light
thru the smoky haze of the barflies.. :cat:

Wesley
February 17th, 2009, 16:18
... are they really friends or just barflies
that would talk to the curtains if you weren't there ...

There's always the possibility that they're purposely smoking in the hopes that Wes will leave them alone with the curtains.

Some people are more attracted to well-hung curtains than talkative doormats.

So much for the ignore button and the fat trap of X, God if only some one should shit down his throat he would smell like his mouth speaks. But Alas, Only Homiturn has the boys ass in that position.

Wes

Dodger
February 17th, 2009, 18:14
Vicious Quote:

So much for the ignore button and the fat trap of X, God if only some one should shit down his throat he would smell like his mouth speaks.

...and how long has it been since you quit smoking?

Wesley
February 17th, 2009, 18:37
I would be so kind only to X, Cat says I need to speak my mind , good beginning I think

Wes

bigben
February 17th, 2009, 18:59
One of the many things I enjoy about Thailand is the free spirit--carefree attitude of the natives. Sure, they throw caution to the wind with their driving habits, drinking habits, loss of face issues, and lots of other strange & stranger behavior us westerners are not use to.

Another thing I like about Thailand and Thai people in general is their total lack of political correctness. They call a spade a shovel don't give a Sh*T what anyone else thinks, especially Farangs.

I spend maybe 90 minutes a week in Thailand go-go bars. It is a place where I can feel like a kid in a candy store and is an environment that does not exist where I come from. You can kiss some boys, touch them if you dare, you can sing-a-long or dance along with the boys. You can act a fool if you wish and let your hair down as well. No one gives a SH&T and is one of the reasons I like visiting go-go bars in Thailand.

Now when some Goodie two shoes poster(s) (not naming names here so don't even get your panties in a twist) but when I read about what one should and shouldn't do inside a go-go bar like.....hmmmmmm let me think, ah yes, when someone says people shouldn't smoke in go-go bars.....I have two words for you, with a capital F and U.

Or better yet, F*** OFF. 555555555

Boy that felt good to say. HeII, I'll say it again... FUC* OFF.

For you P/C customers who have taken the time to actually name Jimmy James and several other go-go bars who do not allow smoking, I hope the owners will read this.

Attention owners: AS LONG AS YOU DON'T ALLOW SMOKING IN YOUR BAR.....GUESS WHAT? I WILL NEVER EVER VISIT YOUR BAR. IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

No big deal huh? OK, good, no hard feelings OK? Kisses and hugs.

In cafes, and other enclosed areas I always try to pop outside for a huff and a puff, but Go-Go bars in Thailand?

Never.

They are my little piece of heaven and as long as the staff & owners don't give a SH*T with smoking inside the bar, I will continue to visit your bars and bars likes yours everytime. And as mentioned above, when bars are singled out as enforcing the no smoking rule for customers...I promise you I will never buy a drink from you.

Am I a no good S.O.B.? Yup. I sure am.

Am I a thoughtless Bast*ard? Yup... correcto again Amigo.

Do I give a Sh*T what you think? Nope, NOT ONE BIT.

In fact, let me know if Cigar smoke bothers you more in a go-go bar than cigarettes smoke and I will try and have a couple cigars with me next time.

Have a nice night all, I know I will. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Wesley
February 17th, 2009, 19:57
Memory bar was looked from outside'; 'almost all customers were over 70 years old!'.

Anyone have any idea why memories would be closed two nights or is it just a fluke or, not an accurate post.

Wes

giggsy
February 17th, 2009, 21:38
One of the many things I enjoy about Thailand is the free spirit--carefree attitude of the natives. Sure, they throw caution to the wind with their driving habits, drinking habits, loss of face issues, and lots of other strange & stranger behavior us westerners are not use to.

Another thing I like about Thailand and Thai people in general is their total lack of political correctness. They call a spade a shovel don't give a Sh*T what anyone else thinks, especially Farangs.

I spend maybe 90 minutes a week in Thailand go-go bars. It is a place where I can feel like a kid in a candy store and is an environment that does not exist where I come from. You can kiss some boys, touch them if you dare, you can sing-a-long or dance along with the boys. You can act a fool if you wish and let your hair down as well. No one gives a SH&T and is one of the reasons I like visiting go-go bars in Thailand.

Now when some Goodie two shoes poster(s) (not naming names here so don't even get your panties in a twist) but when I read about what one should and shouldn't do inside a go-go bar like.....hmmmmmm let me think, ah yes, when someone says people shouldn't smoke in go-go bars.....I have two words for you, with a capital F and U.

For you P/C customers who have taken the time to actually name Jimmy James and several other go-go bars who do not allow smoking, I hope the owners will read this.

Attention owners: AS LONG AS YOU DON'T ALLOW SMOKING IN YOUR BAR.....GUESS WHAT? I WILL NEVER EVER VISIT YOUR BAR. IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

In cafes, and other enclosed areas I always try to pop outside for a huff and a puff, but Go-Go bars in Thailand?

Never.

They are my little piece of heaven and as long as the staff & owners don't give a SH*T with smoking inside the bar, I will continue to visit your bars and bars likes yours everytime. And as mentioned above, when bars are singled out as enforcing the no smoking rule for customers...I promise you I will never buy a drink from you.

In fact, let me know if Cigar smoke bothers you more in a go-go bar than cigarettes smoke and I will try and have a couple cigars with me next time.

so very well said sir, if cat could supply a list of bars that dont allow smoking we can put them on our own lists of places not to patronize. as well as the hotel that cat seems to think its ok to break thai law by allowing gambling (card games) which he can be seen at 2 or 3 times a week

lol as cat says "some posters cannot help themselves from moralizing"

dab69
February 17th, 2009, 21:51
yet another nice thread hijacked by cat

catawampuscat
February 17th, 2009, 23:41
yet another nice thread hijacked by cat
The thread is gogo-bars in Sunee Plaza... fortunately dab69 is not
a moderator and just clueless.. perhaps someone else thinks it was a nice
thread and not just a pumping up of a newbies friend/bar owner?

It sure brought out the best in bigben.. Somehow, JJJ and the other
non smoking tobacco bars will survive without that inconsiderate
and extremely anti-social jerk.
Choke on it bb and of course bigben makes the
foe list. What a waste of time, but at least it will be the last time. :cat:

foodforthought
February 18th, 2009, 01:36
Why all the fuse about smoking in a go go bar in Sunee or any other place?
If you smoke then enjoy it and donтАЩt defend what you enjoy doing, and if you donтАЩt smoke then obviously you donтАЩt need the nicotine the smoker is addicted to.
It does not really matter one way or the other but at least have respect for one another requirement. If you needed to go into hospital because of ill health then I am sure all would respect the rule of the hospital and not smoke. Likewise for flying or going into a shopping area or a cinema the rule is you cannot smoke so why the big deal just because the law has changed and now applies to bars and go go bar. It would seem that bars that are not doing as well as they would like customer wise need to bend the rules in order to attract more trade, and of course that will happen with all types of things not just smoking. From what I have seen with the go go bars that do not allow smoking in their bar they have provided a place outside in order for people to still enjoy their smoking, leaving the bar smoke free for the people who donтАЩt wish to smoke, how do you please everyone no possible so live and let live
Best wishes to all.

February 18th, 2009, 02:03

Never.

I don't need to say sorry to you . if you want to smoke inside a go go bar I think you have to go back to a go go bar in your country I think should be better for you If I have a bar and you smoke in my bar the first word I will say to you " why you FUC*ING smoking in my bar" and I will hate the person like you because you not esteem the law in my country
it's the same in your country so why you not respect. and I will give a SH*T for you.
I hope you enjoy smoking with yourself SMOKE IS KILL.
from.. I am a Thai.

February 18th, 2009, 05:06
why you FUC*ING smoking
and I will give a SH*T for you
from.. I am a Thai.

If you ever thought about learning Thai ! :clown:

February 18th, 2009, 05:19
It does not really matter one way or the other but at least have respect for one another requirement. If you needed to go into hospital because of ill health then I am sure all would respect the rule of the hospital and not smoke. Likewise for flying or going into a shopping area or a cinema the rule is you cannot smoke so why the big deal just because the law has changed and now applies to bars and go go bar. It would seem that bars that are not doing as well as they would like customer wise need to bend the rules in order to attract more trade, and of course that will happen with all types of things not just smoking. From what I have seen with the go go bars that do not allow smoking in their bar they have provided a place outside in order for people to still enjoy their smoking, leaving the bar smoke free for the people who donтАЩt wish to smoke, how do you please everyone no possible so live and let live
Best wishes to all.

As long as smoking is only permitted outside, that's fine by me.
However I'll never accept smokers thinking they have the right to poison all the bar staff & non smoking customers.

MARK
February 18th, 2009, 10:21

Never.

Oh at last a benefit to having a no smoking ban, I donтАЩt have to watch asshole flangs that think they can dance.
and how I will miss his extra few bht against replacing the burnt holes in the sofa or the fact the air con filters need replacing less. I dont no if you are a S.O.B. as you put it but lazy you must be, not to be able to walk to the door to have your cig, AND im sure all the gogo boys smoking happily out side the front of the bar will miss you too.

x in pattaya
February 18th, 2009, 10:30
. And you are always figuring out how many women have been burned to death because of the dangerous fashion of wearing expansive hoops, etc. etc..

I admit to being totally clueless concerning women's fashion or women's anything for that matter. What are expansion hoops amd why would they cause fatal fires?

Smiles
February 18th, 2009, 10:37
" ... I admit to being totally clueless concerning ... fashion ... "
Yes, that has become embarrassingly obvious, over time.

Cheers ...

x in pattaya
February 18th, 2009, 11:33
" ... I admit to being totally clueless concerning ... fashion ... "
Yes, that has become embarrassingly obvious, over time.

Cheers ...

The editorial board at Vogue has a message for you:

http://sf0.org/media/lowteck/mooning16991.jpeg

February 18th, 2009, 14:59
[quote="baziel"

If you ever thought about learning Thai ! :clown:[/quote]

Sorry but why I need to learn Thai ? I am Thai and not a clown, maybe be you are just trying to be clownish ?

р╕Чр╕│р╣Др╕бр╕Ьр╕бр╕Ц р╕╢р╕Зр╕Хр╣Йр╕нр╕Зр╣А р╕Вр╕╡р╕вр╕Щр╕ар╕▓р╕ р╕▓р╕нр╕▒р╕Бр╕Зр╕Бр╕ др╕й р╣Ар╕Юр╕гр╕▓р╕░р╕нр╕ р╕▓р╕Бр╣Гр╕лр╣Йр╕Эр╕ р╕▒р╣Ир╕З р╣Вр╕Зр╣И р╣Ж р╣Ар╕Вр╣Йр╕▓р╣Гр╕Ир╕Ч р╕╡р╣Ир╕Ьр╕бр╣Ар╕Вр╕ р╕вр╕Щ р╕Цр╣Йр╕▓р╕Эр╕гр╕▒р╣ р╕Зр╕Др╕Щр╣Др╕лр╕Щр╣Б р╕Ыр╕ер╣Др╕бр╣Ир╣Др╕Ф ╣Й р╣Гр╕лр╣Йр╣Ар╕Фр╣Зр╕Б ╕Вр╕нр╕Зр╕Чр╣Ир╕▓р╕Щ ╣Бр╕Ыр╕ер╣Гр╕лр╣Йр╕Бр ╣Йр╣Др╕Фр╣Й
р╕Цр╣Йр╕▓р╕Эр╕гр╕▒р╣ р╕Зр╕Др╕Щр╣Др╕лр╕Щр╕н р╣Ир╕▓р╕Щр╣Др╕Чр╕вр╣Д р╕Фр╣Йр╕Ър╕нр╕Бр╕Ьр╕б р╕Ир╕░р╣Ар╕Вр╕╡р╕вр╕ р╣Гр╕лр╣Йр╕нр╣Ир╕▓р╕ ... р╕Ър╣Кр╕▓р╕в р╕Ър╕▓р╕в ...
"р╕Чр╕╡р╣Ир╕Щр╕╡р╣Ир╕ р╕╡р╣Бр╕Хр╣Ир╕Эр╕гр╕ р╣Ир╕Зр╕Фр╕╡ р╣Ж р╕бр╕╡р╕бр╕▓р╕гр╕вр╕ р╕Ч р╕бр╕╡р╣Бр╕Хр╣Ир╕Др╕ р╕Ур╕Др╕Щр╣Ар╕Фр╕╡р╕ р╕зр╕Чр╕╡р╣Ир╣Др╕бр╣ р╕бр╕╡р╕бр╕▓р╕гр╕вр╕ ▓р╕Ч р╣Бр╕ер╕░р╣Др╕бр╣Ир╕б р╕╡р╕Ыр╕гр╕░р╣Вр╕вр╕ р╕Щр╣Мр╕нр╕░р╣Др╕гр╕ р╕╡р╣Ир╕Ьр╕бр╕Ир╕░р╕ бр╕╡р╕бр╕▓р╕гр╕вр╕▓р Чр╕кр╕╕р╕ар╕▓р╕Юр╕Бр ╕▒р╕Ър╕Др╕╕р╕У.."

atri1666
February 18th, 2009, 16:00
Nice picture. Is it yours? Are you hottboyy18 from gayromeo from Pattaya?

giggsy
February 19th, 2009, 01:55
^^^Why I have to write the language р╕нр╕▒р╕Б avid р╕др╕й. Because they want to understand other foolish westerner that I write. If the white man who can not translate. Your child to be translated to р╕Бр╣Й.
If the white man who can tell I read Thai. To write, read р╕Ър╣Кр╕▓р╕в ... Buy ...
"There is a white man but a good manners, but you are alone with no manners. What is not helpful and I will be polite manners with you^^^

nah.. ive gone off that google translate site i think i understood his pigeon engrish better

February 19th, 2009, 04:06
Sorry but why I need to learn Thai ? If you ever thought about learning Thai !, maybe be you are just trying to be clownish ?

р╕Чр╕│р╣Др╕бр╕Ьр╕бр╕Ц р╕╢р╕Зр╕Хр╣Йр╕нр╕Зр╣А р╕Вр╕╡р╕вр╕Щр╕ар╕▓р╕ р╕▓р╕нр╕▒р╕Бр╕Зр╕Бр╕ др╕й р╣Ар╕Юр╕гр╕▓р╕░р╕нр╕ р╕▓р╕Бр╣Гр╕лр╣Йр╕Эр╕ р╕▒р╣Ир╕З р╣Вр╕Зр╣И р╣Ж р╣Ар╕Вр╣Йр╕▓р╣Гр╕Ир╕Ч р╕╡р╣Ир╕Ьр╕бр╣Ар╕Вр╕ р╕вр╕Щ р╕Цр╣Йр╕▓р╕Эр╕гр╕▒р╣ р╕Зр╕Др╕Щр╣Др╕лр╕Щр╣Б р╕Ыр╕ер╣Др╕бр╣Ир╣Др╕Ф ╣Й р╣Гр╕лр╣Йр╣Ар╕Фр╣Зр╕Б ╕Вр╕нр╕Зр╕Чр╣Ир╕▓р╕Щ ╣Бр╕Ыр╕ер╣Гр╕лр╣Йр╕Бр ╣Йр╣Др╕Фр╣Й
р╕Цр╣Йр╕▓р╕Эр╕гр╕▒р╣ р╕Зр╕Др╕Щр╣Др╕лр╕Щр╕н р╣Ир╕▓р╕Щр╣Др╕Чр╕вр╣Д р╕Фр╣Йр╕Ър╕нр╕Бр╕Ьр╕б р╕Ир╕░р╣Ар╕Вр╕╡р╕вр╕ р╣Гр╕лр╣Йр╕нр╣Ир╕▓р╕ ... р╕Ър╣Кр╕▓р╕в р╕Ър╕▓р╕в ...
"р╕Чр╕╡р╣Ир╕Щр╕╡р╣Ир╕ р╕╡р╣Бр╕Хр╣Ир╕Эр╕гр╕ р╣Ир╕Зр╕Фр╕╡ р╣Ж р╕бр╕╡р╕бр╕▓р╕гр╕вр╕ р╕Ч р╕бр╕╡р╣Бр╕Хр╣Ир╕Др╕ р╕Ур╕Др╕Щр╣Ар╕Фр╕╡р╕ р╕зр╕Чр╕╡р╣Ир╣Др╕бр╣ р╕бр╕╡р╕бр╕▓р╕гр╕вр╕ ▓р╕Ч р╣Бр╕ер╕░р╣Др╕бр╣Ир╕б р╕╡р╕Ыр╕гр╕░р╣Вр╕вр╕ р╕Щр╣Мр╕нр╕░р╣Др╕гр╕ р╕╡р╣Ир╕Ьр╕бр╕Ир╕░р╕ бр╕╡р╕бр╕▓р╕гр╕вр╕▓р Чр╕кр╕╕р╕ар╕▓р╕Юр╕Бр ╕▒р╕Ър╕Др╕╕р╕У..

Translated in Englisch :

Why I need to write language avid . Because they want to understand other foolish westerner that I write. If the white man who can not translate. Your child to be translated to .
If the white man who can tell I read Thai. To write, read ... Buy ...
"There is a white man but a good manners, but you are alone with no manners. What is not helpful and I will be polite manners with you .. .

Are you just trying to be clownish ? :scratch:

February 21st, 2009, 02:36
р╕Цр╣Йр╕▓р╕Др╕╕р╕Ур╣ р╕Ыр╣Зр╕Щр╕Др╕Щр╣Др╕Ч р╕в р╕Др╕╕р╕Ур╕Др╕Зр╣Ар╕В р╣Йр╕▓р╣Гр╕Ир╕Чр╕╡р╣ р╕Ьр╕бр╣Ар╕Вр╕╡р╕вр╕
р╕Бр╕гр╕╕р╕Ур╕▓р╕нр╕ р╣Ир╕▓р╣Гр╕Кр╣Й google translate site р╣Вр╕Ыр╕гр╣Бр╕Бр╕гр╕б ╕Щр╕╡р╣Йр╣Ар╕лр╕бр╕▓ р╕░р╕кр╕│р╕лр╕гр╕▒р╕ Ър╕кр╕нр╕Щр╕Юр╕╖р╣Йр╕ Щр╕Рр╕▓р╕Щр╕Др╕Щр╣Др╕ Чр╕вр╣Ар╕Чр╣Ир╕▓р╕Щр╕ ▒р╣Йр╕Щ

google translate site =
If you are Thai. I understand that you continue writing.
Please do not use google translate site in this program suitable for teaching basic Thai only.

Thai person translate =
If you are Thai, then you would understand what I write
please do not use google translate site this program teaches basic Thai only.

this is why I try to write in English so you will all understand.
and I hope you understand my English more than Google translate site.
thank you.

Dodger
February 21st, 2009, 04:16
Chickenboy...

On the slight chance that the picture shown in your avatar is actually you, I would love to have you teach me some Thai phrases some time. I'm a slow learner, so it will require a lot of time and patience on your end.

Just let me know if you're interested ?

catawampuscat
February 21st, 2009, 13:31
Dodger, you might be better off with an over the hill matronly Thai woman
to teach you some Thai.. It would be easier to keep you mind on the subject
and not the teacher.
Some say the best place to learn a language is in bed but I think that is
probably just a silly romantic notion. choke dee krup.. :cat:

x in pattaya
February 21st, 2009, 16:24
to teach you some Thai.. It would be easier to keep you mind on the subject
and not the teacher:

For about six months I had a slightly over the hill matronly Thai man teaching me Thai, but each successive lesson involved more general gossip and news about his farang faen and less Thai language.

If you want help learning Thai script, I would recommend the excellent: Reading Thai is Fun
http://www.dcothai.com/images/products/reading-thai-is-fun-01.png

Thai Script (http://www.dcothai.com/product_info.php?products_id=918)

and the flash cards from LearningThai.com

There was supposed to be flash cards that paralled the book above, but unfortunately the author died before those were produced.

MARK
February 21st, 2009, 16:50
Some say the best place to learn a language is in bed but I think that is
probably just a silly romantic notion. choke dee krup.. :cat:

catawampuscat is correct here I my self have learnt to count to 1500 in monetary terms in Thai
whilst in bed. Oh but must admit this has taken 6 years of nightly practice with several new teachers trying to over come my learning difficulties.
:study: :scratch: :study: :scratch: :study: :scratch: :argue: :study: :study: :study: :scratch:

Dodger
February 21st, 2009, 18:32
Cat Wrote:

to teach you some Thai..

555...I guess you're right, but I'm focusing on the residual benefits of teaming up with someone like Chickenboy for this assistance. As a matronly Thai lady would probably lack the patience needed for someone like me, as I tend to spend a lot of time on the ououououou's and ahhaaaaaaa's...and seem to struggle with the pronounciation of the actual words.

Khor tose
February 22nd, 2009, 00:27
Chickenboy...
On the slight chance that the picture shown in your avatar is actually you, I would love to have you teach me some Thai phrases some time. I'm a slow learner, so it will require a lot of time and patience on your end.

Get in line Dodger. I need tutoring too, and I find personal one to one teaching to be the best way to learn. I really want to get deep into the subject and not just have some superifcal depth of knowledge. You, me and a lot of other guys. :tongue:

atri1666
February 22nd, 2009, 10:26
Chickenboy...

The chance is smaller than Zero - even in gayromeo many wright in the guestbook he is only a faker who can not speak thai. Some people let their boyfriends sent him messages in thai and there never was an answer.

Dani69
February 22nd, 2009, 21:32
Another thread gone by the board whats this got to do about Gogo bars in Sunee Plaza. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

February 23rd, 2009, 01:31
Chickenboy...

The chance is smaller than Zero - even in gayromeo many wright in the guestbook he is only a faker who can not speak thai. Some people let their boyfriends sent him messages in thai and there never was an answer.

I can tell you that I have not been in gayromeo. I not play on that if some use chickenboy not me you want to send me message Thai OK no problem easy for me Chickenboy