PDA

View Full Version : Is it a problem for boys to carry condoms with them?

catawampuscat
February 14th, 2009, 01:29
A farang friend stopped me tonite and asked me if I had seen a TV
story about boys not wanting to carry condoms on their person because
of their concern that they would have a problem with the police, if stopped and frisked. I hadn't hear anything about this and he asked me if I would ask around and post the query.

I advised him to check with the farangs who distribute condoms/lube packets
to the boy bars and had doubts that carrying condoms could be a source of concern to the boys.
I warned him that responses might not be what he was looking for but here goes. :cat:

colmx
February 14th, 2009, 03:30
I only ever saw this happening in Blue Boy in Kuala Lumpur...

It was a sat night and the Malaysian version of the BIB decided to pay a visit...

Cue a mad rush of anybody even a little bit fem to the toilet...
I thought they were rushing to flush their drugs down the toilet - turns out they were rushingvto dispose of their condoms.

Apparently in Malaysia:
Gay=Tolerable
Gay+condom= prostitute, therefore untolerable!

TIM! :tongue:

February 14th, 2009, 03:49
Apparently in Malaysia:
Gay=Tolerable
Gay+condom= prostitute, therefore untolerable!
Yes. Former mad Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir's daughter Marina is an HIV campaigner. Here's some interesting background to colmx's comments - http://sjsandteam.wordpress.com/2008/11 ... rostitute/ (http://sjsandteam.wordpress.com/2008/11/28/who-dare-say-marina-mahathir-is-a-prostitute/)

jvt22222
February 14th, 2009, 06:46
I am a member of TAKE CARE!! -- the group referred to in the opening thread -- which has provided condoms to around 30 venues throughout Pattayaland, Sunnee Plaza and Jomtien Complex dependably every 2-3 weeks for the past four years. To date, we have distributed over 44,000 Safe Sex Packs (one lube sachet, two condoms and a bit of printed material) -- that's 88,000 condoms!!! -- and I have never heard of problems with boys in Pattaya having problems carrying condoms in their pockets or hand bags. From our SWING colleagues, we have heard that in the past, such problems have existed in BKK, but seems that this was quite some time ago.

For those interested, I am attaching an article about the work of TAKE CARE!! in the current issue of SPICE Magazine. You can also stop by our web site at http://www.takecarepattaya.com.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

Patexpat
February 14th, 2009, 08:56
Must say I've never heard of this in all my years here, and goes against the government backed safe sex campaigns ....

neddy3
February 14th, 2009, 11:08
I am another person who has never heard any mention of a problem of this nature.

I have certainly known many boys comfortable with having condoms in their possession. Good bar owners/managers would make sure boys leave their bars for an 'off' with condoms.

Problems with BIB would possibly be an exception to the norm.

catawampuscat
February 14th, 2009, 11:59
Take Care was indeed the organization that I was referring to and am
pleased a member of Take Care responded.

I trust my friend will read this and even decide to register and start posting
on this forum as he is a fountain of information and has more experiences
than the average half dozen farangs combined. Up to him, of course. :cat:

MARK
February 14th, 2009, 12:04
Having a condom machine on the premises is classed by the police as promoting prostitution and is a chargeable offence, supply condoms and lubes in a sauna or a bar same thing, only know of one or two times this has been used to raid a premises.

thrillbill
February 14th, 2009, 17:12
A couple times I've run into guys that didn't have condoms...and I was shocked---a bit. They were anxioius to run to the Seven Eleven and pick up a pack. I figured it was a "ploy" to get more change in their pocket. (but it didn't happen,I'm a good "Boy Scout")

February 14th, 2009, 19:46
Having your own supply of condoms is the solution.

DCbob
February 18th, 2009, 16:37
I have never hear of this problem.
However, I have always provided my own.
If that is a problem, I have never heard of it and I feel safe knowing that mine have not expired or been tampered with.
posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=17172# (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=17172#)

February 19th, 2009, 01:00
Eliminating tampering is a good reason to carry your own.

Condom size could be another reason.
To ensure a good fit, I decided to buy some large ones in the UK. Unfortunately checking every type on the shelves at Tesco, Boots & Superdrug confirmed they were all 52mm nominal width, so that's what I bought.

Now the last guy I met on Dongtan beach spotted my condoms were too small.
He works at a Family Mart & apparently advises the Farang customers to buy the largest size. I checked & sure enough, the condom sizes at Family Mart go up to 56mm.
So it seems easier to buy large condoms in Thailand.

catawampuscat
February 19th, 2009, 01:06
You can also find 'Body Guard 54' condoms in some pharmacies. I imagine
the '56' might be a loose fit for many of us. If you boy needs a '56' condom
that would be a big package and maybe too much of a good thing imho. :cat:

colmx
February 19th, 2009, 01:27
Durex Comfort strangely now come in 2 sizes,,,
54mm and 57mm

However there is no way of telling one size from the other boxes are exactly the same! except if you check the small print at the back

February 19th, 2009, 01:50
Alomost every thai i`ve met carries a few in his wallet or bag, but they rarely have lube,

February 19th, 2009, 04:21
You can also find 'Body Guard 54' condoms in some pharmacies. I imagine
the '56' might be a loose fit for many of us. If you boy needs a '56' condom
that would be a big package and maybe too much of a good thing imho. :cat:

Luckily, the 56 wasn't for him. In fact, I'm fairly sure a 52 would be quite enough for the vast majority of Thais.

It's just odd that a convenience store in Thailand has a better range of sizes than some major pharmacies in multi-cultural Britain.

February 21st, 2009, 03:32
A farang friend stopped me tonite and asked me if I had seen a TV
story about boys not wanting to carry condoms on their person because
of their concern that they would have a problem with the police, if stopped and frisked. I hadn't hear anything about this and he asked me if I would ask around and post the query.

I advised him to check with the farangs who distribute condoms/lube packets
to the boy bars and had doubts that carrying condoms could be a source of concern to the boys.
I warned him that responses might not be what he was looking for but here goes. :cat:

In your case dear, the boys would be better advised to carry a f*****g blindfold.

Tee Hee

:cheers: :cheers: