PDA

View Full Version : Cafe royal and Ambience.

brighton man
February 13th, 2009, 02:00
Could anyone explain to me why these two establishments do not vary their tariffs in the low season like the majority of other hotels do ?

February 13th, 2009, 02:17
Could anyone explain to me why these two establishments do not vary their tariffs in the low season like the majority of other hotels do ?

Because of the of the pink dollar, euro or what ever you call it, I would guess.
Gays are often paying overprice, also gay hotels in Europe charge you more of what you would pay at the same "level" at a not gay hotel.
I think they will have the same numbers of costumers no matter what they charge you, low or high season.

markie1
February 13th, 2009, 02:52
They proberly make up the prophits on the tea you all drink on the terrace at 80 baht a pot,and other drink charges ,they dont need to fluctuate the hotel room prices,if they did they would proberly loose customers.having such a lot of choice on where to stay in pataya,hotels are becoming very competitive these days and customers will shop around a lot more ,especially the way the thai baht is just now.I have stayed at the Ambiance many times over the last 5 years ,but now find myself looking for Chaeper and better rates,with better facilities,and there is many around .I Stayed at Eurasia last time near Sunnee got a room twice the size with breakfast and a swimming pool for the same rate has Boyz town.It just madea change to stay some where different.

February 13th, 2009, 04:13
They proberly make up the prophits on the tea you all drink on the terrace at 80 baht a pot,and other drink charges ,they dont need to fluctuate the hotel room prices,if they did they would proberly loose customers.having such a lot of choice on where to stay in pataya,hotels are becoming very competitive these days and customers will shop around a lot more ,especially the way the thai baht is just now.I have stayed at the Ambiance many times over the last 5 years ,but now find myself looking for Chaeper and better rates,with better facilities,and there is many around .I Stayed at Eurasia last time near Sunnee got a room twice the size with breakfast and a swimming pool for the same rate has Boyz town.It just madea change to stay some where different.

How was the accommodation, decor, security etc. on par with, better or worse than Ambiance? I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for a place to stay as well.

Thanks

atri1666
February 13th, 2009, 07:57

I also have booked for next time in june/juli for 3 weeks Eurasia-Hotel (Serviced Residence) de luxe room for 24Euro/night. I looked their pictures on the homepage and i liked it. A few steps away is Foodland where you can get breakfast for 49 Baht. You liked your stay?

http://www.eurasiaboutiquehotel.com/

x in pattaya
February 13th, 2009, 08:41
A few steps away is Foodland where you can get breakfast for 49 Baht. You liked your stay?

Foodland? A few steps away? Breakfast?

Are we talking about the Foodland Supermarket on Pattaya Klang?

atri1666
February 13th, 2009, 09:53
A few steps away is Foodland where you can get breakfast for 49 Baht. You liked your stay?

Foodland? A few steps away? Breakfast?

Are we talking about the Foodland Supermarket on Pattaya Klang?

No we talk about restaurant opposite eurasia-hotel near 3rd road near sunee (exact name Goodland Food and drink)

You can see here http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?4XsRUkMpkcRG8CAA

x in pattaya
February 13th, 2009, 10:00

No we talk about restaurant opposite eurasia-hotel near 3rd road near sunee (exact name Goodland Food and drink)

Oh.

markie1
February 13th, 2009, 12:54

How was the accommodation, decor, security etc. on par with, better or worse than Ambiance? I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for a place to stay as well.

Its a new hotel,i believe only opened just overa year ago ,decor is good ,very clean and the sixe of the Delux room with balcony is big,large bathroom with good shower,swimming pool,and internet in the lobby,price includes breakfast for two.justa 5 minuit walk in to Sunnee,a few Arabs stay there but i did not have any probs,i was with my boy friend
Thanks

x in pattaya
February 13th, 2009, 16:50
Its a new hotel,i believe only opened just overa year ago ,decor is good ,very clean and the sixe of the Delux room with balcony is big,large bathroom with good shower,swimming pool,and internet in the lobby,price includes breakfast for two.justa 5 minuit walk in to Sunnee,

...and according to their website:

Each of the rooms is featured with its own private balcony; a great place to relax and enjoy the charming view of Pattaya's lovely mountian

I didn't even know Pattaya had a mountian [sic].

neddy3
February 14th, 2009, 11:29
Maybe it's somewhat vertically challenged to justify the label, but all locals seem to refer to it as the 'mountain'. (pukhao)

quiet1
February 15th, 2009, 11:29
Probably the Pratamnak "hill."

Or, on the clearest days, the mountains to the east of Pattaya?

February 15th, 2009, 12:22
I have stayed in the Ambience. Penthouse is too many floors with no lift. Intense surroundings. Restaraunt service is a rip off and as I remember a bottle of water with a meal on the outside seating at 125 baht / bottle a few years ago.
Sansuk Guesthouse...........wonderful but location could be better. Pool and jacuzzi to cold to use in Dec.
Posiedon............wonderful and I like the proximity to beach. Deluxe room worth the extra bach. No pool.

So now that I keep reading of Eurasia......heres the questions..
Are quests totally welcome. (ie..is it truly gay friendly}
Is the pool warm enough to use? Will my BF feel truly welcome to use facilities?
Does it have a jaccuzi?
Are there enough lounge chairs in pool area?
Will my BS truly feel OK and welcome or is it filled with breeders that stare? (As if I care!)
Do they let you use the pool late into the night or is it cut off at some rediculous hour like in the backward USA?

I like the pictured outside decks that Posiedon and Sansuk do not have. Are they big enough to set for a drink and private enough to make love?

atri1666
February 15th, 2009, 13:08
So now that I keep reading of Eurasia......heres the questions..
Are quests totally welcome. (ie..is it truly gay friendly}
Is the pool warm enough to use? Will my BF feel truly welcome to use facilities?
Does it have a jaccuzi?
Are there enough lounge chairs in pool area?
Will my BS truly feel OK and welcome or is it filled with breeders that stare? (As if I care!)
Do they let you use the pool late into the night or is it cut off at some rediculous hour like in the backward USA?

I like the pictured outside decks that Posiedon and Sansuk do not have. Are they big enough to set for a drink and private enough to make love?

I can tell you after june/juli - will stay there 3 weeks (booked over agoda very cheap de luxe room for only 24тВм/night). They write on their homepage remarks that joiners are free of charge.