PDA

View Full Version : Countries for which Thais don't need visas

DJB0Y-old
March 29th, 2006, 18:50
Please forgive me if this is something I should be able to access from the archives. I used the search feature and came up empty.

I'd like to see about taking my thai boy special with me for summer holidays and remembered seeing a list of countries that don't require visas for thais. Anyone can help me to locate that list?

I know he'd love to go to Europe but it might be difficult to get a Shengken visa. I heard that Belgium or Netherlands were the easiest. Anyone got any experience with that too? They like to see you enter the EU in the country that issued the Shengken visa..then can go on to other countries with little problem. That's why I heard Belgium and Netherlands were the best ones to try for that.

If it really becomes difficult, we can just stay in thailand as that is always enjoyable for me.

I seem to recall that Moscow didn't need any visa for Thai after Thai Airways started direct flights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated from all the fine people in this group.

Thanks again. DJB

March 29th, 2006, 21:48
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... php?t=5829 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5829)

March 29th, 2006, 22:13
For me living in Belgium.

First i go to immigration office in my town and full in a immigration paper.

I send this paper together a document "shows my salary i had in the last 3 month", to the Belgium embassy in BKK.

My Thai friend go's to the Belgium embassy in BKK for a interview and leave his travelerspasport there. ( The interview : they ask him where he noes me from , how long he noes me and way he like to comes to Belgium ).

After 1 month they call my Thai friend he can make the visa or not.

Then he must go again to the Belgium embassy to show the airplane tickets.

That all there is !

Be on time in the airport when he is arriving in your country, your Thai friend will very scared if you not there , ha ha ha.

Very imported ! Let your Thai friend take a assurance in Thailand for his trip to Europe. Everything happens to him in Europe, like having a accident or getting sick ! You are the one go is responsible and pay the bills

Other country's in shengen

My Thai friends flight was Lauda airlines and he was landing in Austria. The visa was not a problem, all over Europe !

DJB0Y-old
March 30th, 2006, 04:18
Thanks Baziel for all your help. This is exactly the post that I remember but I just couldn't find it. You are so helpful.

It seems like Belgium might be a good spot to get the Shengken visa. I'm USA guy so I don't need a visa and my Thai bf would be accompanying me. I guess they would still like to see that I would be supporting him in case he had any problems.

Your e-mail seemed to indicate to me that maybe you thought I was from Belgium like you.

Has your bf come to visit you? You didn't have problems to get him a Shengken visa?

Thanks again for all your help. You're the best!!

DJB

March 30th, 2006, 05:46
Groetjies aan Brugge Baziel! Ik mis zo. Vooral Frank mijn paard.

March 30th, 2006, 09:03
I'm pretty sure another thread established that the list published by the Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs was incomplete, or at best highly misleading. The list doesn't include Laos, for example, and some Thais make that trip almost daily. They don't even need a passport, let alone a visa. I'm also pretty sure Thais can get a visa on arrival in Cambodia (if anyone knows to the contrary can they let me know as I will be visiting Cambodia with by BF in May). Then there's Burma, ?Russia.

It would seem that people in the Thai foreign ministry don't get to travel much!

March 30th, 2006, 09:26
Thais do require a visa for Burma. EVERYONE requires a visa for Burma.

They DO require a passport for travel to Laos beyond the border area and to stay overnight. No visa required.

March 30th, 2006, 11:09
I remember seeing that Thais can get a visa to Bermuda. I like going to Thailand, but an option for Americans who absolutely can't get away for a trip to thailand but need to see boy special.

March 30th, 2006, 13:26
My Thai BF stayed with me in Vientiane for two nights with just his Thai ID card and a free entry permit.

March 30th, 2006, 15:00
I remember seeing that Thais can get a visa to Bermuda.

...that's only for those in triangular relationships ... hmmm, yes, it does cover most of the country ...

March 30th, 2006, 16:07
I remember seeing that Thais can get a visa to Bermuda.

There is no country in the world where Thais cannnot get a visa. It's just a question of difficulty.

Also, you might find it a very long trip to get from Thailand to Bermuda without stopping over in the US or UK.

March 31st, 2006, 04:25
Groetjies aan Brugge Baziel! Ik mis zo. Vooral Frank mijn paard.

Translated : Greets to Bruges Baziel ! I miss so much . Special Frank my horse

Thanks for the greetings Cedric !

Frank send you his greetings as well, but him very busy now !

http://upload4.postimage.org/101964/IMG_3252_shc.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/101964/photo_hosting.html)