PDA

View Full Version : Siam Heritage Hotel (BK) & Marriott (Pattaya)

February 8th, 2009, 04:59
Hey guys,

I am traveling with a straight guy & a gay (somewhat conservative) doctor -- we arrive in Bangkok next Saturday for 2 nights, then to Pattaya for a couple of weeks. For this trip, I need hotels in neutral areas. If anyone's stayed at these hotels before, can you post some information, i.e., joiner fee, gay friendly, should we opt for 2 guests as opposed to 1, etc.?

Any help would be appreciated -- Thanks!

Diec
February 8th, 2009, 06:43
Have you tried looking these hotel's up on the internet?

fedssocr
February 8th, 2009, 09:06
or do I search on this board and the others. We have discussed Siam Heritage several times.

Smiles
February 8th, 2009, 09:31
Throwing the words 'Siam Heritage' (or Marriot) in the Search feature << search.php (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/search.php) >> does indeed bring up quite a few hits.

But that shouldn't mean that all imacnLA deserves for his question is an invitation to check the Sawatdee search engine, or Google it. If lots of folks have stayed at the Siam Heritage, then let them give their latest thoughts on it (even if it's all over again).

Simply advising someone to "Just Google It" when asking a reasonable question on a message board is hardly advice at all. (But then we're talking about 'Diec' here ... so consider the source).

Cheers ...

colmx
February 8th, 2009, 09:43
From what i remember reading in the past the Marriot in Pattaya is NOT gay friendly
Mixed reports of joiner fees being randomly asked

I suggest you stay in the Welcome plaza across the street... one third of the cost (but possibly half of the comfort!) But its very gay friendly and completely middle of the road as far as gay/straight perceptions for your conservative friend....

February 8th, 2009, 12:48
Throwing the words 'Siam Heritage' (or Marriot) in the Search feature << search.php (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/search.php) >> does indeed bring up quite a few hits.

But that shouldn't mean that all imacnLA deserves for his question is an invitation to check the Sawatdee search engine, or Google it. If lots of folks have stayed at the Siam Heritage, then let them give their latest thoughts on it (even if it's all over again).

Simply advising someone to "Just Google It" when asking a reasonable question on a message board is hardly advice at all. (But then we're talking about 'Diec' here ... so consider the source).

Cheers ...

i think i love you.

February 8th, 2009, 12:58
From what i remember reading in the past the Marriot in Pattaya is NOT gay friendly
Mixed reports of joiner fees being randomly asked

I suggest you stay in the Welcome plaza across the street... one third of the cost (but possibly half of the comfort!) But its very gay friendly and completely middle of the road as far as gay/straight perceptions for your conservative friend....

I've stayed at Welcome Plaza once could not do it again. Thanks for the suggestion though! I think I'm going to stay at the Ambiance and let my friends fend for themselves. One of these days, I need to give some of the guest houses a try and perhaps save some dollars, but I just love the Ambiance vibe & comfort (and the persistence of the massage boys).

February 10th, 2009, 01:36
I have stayed at the Pattaya Marriott 5 times in the past 4 years...using Marriott Rewards points-they often have special deals for less points.
It has been extremely friendly. I have never had a problem with short term or long term guests.
It has a great pool and garden area which is a welcome oasis from the noise of Pattaya. The rooms are very nice with the only caveat is the small bathrooms. It is next door to the Royal Garden Plaza and has a terrific Health Club and gym.
It's a short walk to Boyztown and the Songtaews stop at the hotel for rasy access to Jomtiem Beach.