View Full Version : krazy Dragon Closed.

MARK
February 8th, 2009, 00:26
Krazy dragon closed 9th February for Thai religious holiday.
:thumbright: :salute: :salute: :thumbleft:

catawampuscat
February 8th, 2009, 14:31
If the Dragon is closed, my guess is that the rest of the Sunee Plaza
go go bars will also be closed. Usually, the police come around the nite
before with a notice.
Often, the Pattayaland soi 1,2,3 boy bars are open
when Sunee Plaza gogo bars are closed and sometimes it is just one soi and sometimes all 3 of the sois bars are closed.. :cat:

naklua
February 8th, 2009, 15:39

Is this Iran or the Vatican?

MARK
February 8th, 2009, 16:17
No its Thailand and as of yet I have not been informed by the police that we have to close but out of respect for the religion of the country I have chosen to live in.

The krazy dragon will be closed on all major religious days from now on, you may not approve but my staff and Thai customers do.

February 8th, 2009, 17:03
No its Thailand and as of yet I have not been informed by the police that we have to close but out of respect for the religion of the country I have chosen to live in the krazy dragon will be closed on all major religious days from now on, you may not approve but my staff and Thai customers do.

Well done Mark

x in pattaya
February 8th, 2009, 20:20

What a stupid ass comment. :angryfire:
Thailand offers us what we can't enjoy virtually anywhere else in the world, but somebody still has to bitch about respecting the customs in the country where we have chosen to live ...or in your case I hope, make a very short visit.

Please feel free to visit Iran or the Vatican and report back to us on how the gogo bars are there.

February 8th, 2009, 20:31

No it's freedom of choice. The bar owner's chosen to close the bar.
This is how it should be, with the state neither requiring bars to open or close against their will.

However, for those who plan to visit Thailand for only a few days, it would be useful if the dates when the majority of bars will be closed are posted somewhere on the net.

x in pattaya
February 8th, 2009, 20:50

No it's freedom of choice. The bar owner's chosen to close the bar.
This is how it should be, with the state neither requiring bars to open or close against their will.

However, for those who plan to visit Thailand for only a few days, it would be useful if the dates when the majority of bars will be closed are posted somewhere on the net.

Bars are obviously not closed for all of these, but it will alert you to check. Usually Sextile posts closings on CFS as soon as they are announced.

Thailand Public Holidays 2009

January 1st (Thu) New Year's Day
January 2nd (Fri) New Year's Day (added holiday)
January 26th (Mon) Chinese New Year (not a public holiday, but some businesses close)
February 9th (Mon) Makha Bucha
April 6th (Mon) Chakri Day
April 13th (Mon) Songkran
April 14th (Tue) Songkran
April 15th (Wed) Songkran
May 1st (Fri) Labour Day
May 5th (Tue) Coronation Day
May 8th (Fri) Visakha Bucha
July 1st (Wed) Mid Year Bank Holiday
July 7th (Tue) Asanha Bucha
July 8th (Wed) Khao Phansa - Beginning of Buddhist Lent
August 12th (Wed) H.M. the Queen's Birthday; Mother's Day
October 4th (Sat) Awk Phansa Day - End of Buddhist Lent
October 23rd (Fri) Chulalongkorn Day
November 2nd (Mon) Loy Krathong (not a public holiday)
December 5th (Sat) H.M. the King's Birthday
December 7th (Mon) Substitution Day For the King's Birthday
December 10th (Thu) Constitution Day
December 31st (Thu) New Year 's Eve

There are downloadable Thai calendars here:
and the days marked in red below MIGHT BE days when bars COULD close.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/downloads.html&req=display&code=ss&id=602

Downloadable Thai Calendars (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaivisa-Members-Files-downloads-cat1.html)

February 8th, 2009, 21:43
Mark,

I am sure that the staff and most customers respect your decision, as do I

February 9th, 2009, 01:24
Thank you Mark and the Krazy Dragon for showing respect for the religion of the country and for the people you live with.

foodforthought
February 9th, 2009, 01:42
Nice thought keep up the good work maybe I will see you on the 10th

February 9th, 2009, 03:03
I'm curious. What sort of religious activities go on at night that the boys can attend because the bar is closed?

lo-so
February 9th, 2009, 04:10
Peddle flesh one night and then make merit the next - well done Mark I think you have perfectly "played" the conundrum!

As you may be aware a number of Bkk bars do not pay guys on the night that they close, but perhaps this is only a Bangkok omission!

Surely some boys would rather potentially earn money (or alternately be paid by the bar that shuts) than effectively being denied a source of income from a bar that due to its diligence (obsequiousness) to Thai Buddhist rituals shuts without sufficient consideration to those employees (aka great looking guys).

Evidently you have the right to close your bar for any reason and for any length of time. However perhaps you might be willing to reflect that some of us will find the citing or reference to any religious occasion as the rational for closing to be both overly rather tired, and somewhat incongruous, given the fundamental nature of your business.

BTW I totally enjoy your bar when I have the opportunity to get to Pattaya. It remains one of my favourites.

In vino veritas.

February 9th, 2009, 05:29
There's are downloadable Thai calendasr here:
and the days marked in red below MIGHT BE days when bars COULD close.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/downloads.html&req=display&code=ss&id=602

Downloadable Thai Calendars (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaivisa-Members-Files-downloads-cat1.html)

Thanks.

MARK
February 9th, 2009, 09:47
I'm curious. What sort of religious activities go on at night that the boys can attend because the bar is closed?As far as I am aware none, ThaiтАЩs like to visit the Wat early in the morning from about 5am then spend the rest of the day relaxing with friend and family, as I as sure you are all fully aware not many go-go boys bother with all the holidays but some do with what they consider Big Buddha days. On these days we are usually asked by the police to not sell alcohol or do any thing that would be coincided offensive example dancing on tables and showing flesh which basically means they want go-go bars to close.
There are very few days in the year that the boys actually ask if we will close so they can take the day off.

February 9th, 2009, 10:02
[not many go-go boys bother with all the holidays but some do with what they consider Big Buddha days. On these days we are usually asked by the police to not sell alcohol or do any thing that would be coincided offensive example dancing on tables and showing flesh which basically means they want go-go bars to close. There are very few days in the year that the boys actually ask if we will close so they can take the day off.So you are closing to facilitate the boys' religious observances or just because the police say so? It's not a religious thing at all, it is just compliance with the police view of appropriate behaviour for election days, religious days, royal days etc. etc.?

neddy3
February 9th, 2009, 10:29
Give it a rest, Curious.

Mark is closing KD, as it is appropriate to do so on a significant religious day.
Respect what is important to those whose country we visit.
The police attitude is also that the bar should close on such days.

Well done Mark.
Amazing how such a thing can become an issue of bitching. Then again, this is SGT.

February 9th, 2009, 10:58
Amazing how such a thing can become an issue of bitching. Then again, this is SGT.I'm not bitching at all - if the bars close then they close. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this "respect" thing. If we Americans respected authority we'd still be ruled by the British. To put it another way I think "respect" is just an excuse for not being harassed by the police but we are being spun a "holier than thou" reason. Of course I'm always happy to hear that folks like neddy3 are respecting the local laws on say prostitution.

zinzone
February 9th, 2009, 11:29
No its Thailand and as of yet I have not been informed by the police that we have to close but out of respect for the religion of the country I have chosen to live in.

The krazy dragon will be closed on all major religious days from now on, you may not approve but my staff and Thai customers do.

Well done Mark.
Your post succeeds in being arrogant and pompous at the same time.
Surely the majority of your customers are not Thais, so why bow to the minority?
You are in the "service" industry meaning you are open when others are on holiday.
If everyone adopted your attitude, restaurants, shops, essential services would all close down.
Yes,if there is a police order to close or not to sell alcohol well abide by that of course.
But please do not talk about "respect" when up are in effect in the business of controlling prostitutes.

catawampuscat
February 9th, 2009, 11:31
neddy3 hit the nail on the head. :cat:

Wesley
February 9th, 2009, 12:24
Actually, I have no problems with him closing for any reason he chooses. Its his bar his choice and his loss if he makes a mistake. What I marvel at is how quickly we are to jump on the wagon against Islam Christianity and point out all the faults of them "all" but constantly give Buddhism a break. Not that I personally care any more, it just seems a bit hypercritical to never say anything wrong about one specific religion while at the same time pounding on others for the same kind of religiosity and faults. I think the problems with them all is its religion, I am not sure I can find God in either. Nor am I sure I can't. I just feel like we often blast others while giving Buddhism the slip. In my opinion people of any and all should be able to believe in anything they like and live it to the best of their ability. I do however think that all of it should be a personal choice and not forced by any one to be something they are not. Respect is a good thing. However, guys who have spent money to fly there for a particular purpose may find it a bit of a boring night in their vacation if all of them follow your lead. But again its really up to you and the guys and I would think, how your clientele feel about the closing , if it will keep the BBB off your ass then its a good business decision and that I understand. But I prefer to call a spade a spade in any religious aspiration.

All the Best Mark. I can find no real reason to condemn you decision or be overly excited about it.

Wes

atri1666
February 9th, 2009, 12:53
Also my opinion Mark >>> Well Done !!

February 9th, 2009, 13:20
But please do not talk about "respect" when up are in effect in the business of controlling prostitutes.Not according to Soi 10 Tom. These are just lovely boys who are out for a bit of pocket money. Prostitution doesn't come into it

x in pattaya
February 9th, 2009, 13:58
What I marvel at is how quickly we are to jump on the wagon against Islam Christianity and point out all the faults of them "all" but constantly give Buddhism a break.

Wes

Who is this all inclusive we? Painting with a very broad stroke there. I would assume it's the same people who are critical of all religions or philosphical beliefs. And I would argue that they very rarely ever get around to picking out specific faults. The comments tend to disparage the larger concept of believing in anything beyond materialism and immediate self-serving gratification.

In any event no one is discussing the merits of a particular religion here or pointing out the faults of another. Every country has holidays for one reason or another. Most lower level employees in Thailand work nearly every day of the month for long hours. Getting an occasional day off is probably welcome. If the police have not mandated it, I would guess Mark got feed-back from his employees indicating that they would like the day off.

I'm not bitching at all - if the bars close then they close. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this "respect" thing. If we Americans respected authority we'd still be ruled by the British.

That is a silly comment to make about Thailand. They have recently flipped governments several times. As you may recall they demonstrated, they closed the airport, they were relentless in their insistence that the government of the day did not deserve their respect (or at least the respect of the vocal minority).They can choose to respect those things they consider valuable (whether or not they seem so to farang). Americans (of which I am one) sat on their dead butts and let a jerk with an approval rating of 20% misrule the country. The only thing the other 80% showed was lethargy and laziness.

And it was probably the same people bitching about the disturbance to their plans when Thais did express their dissatisfaction with the government who now bitch because they want to show respect for something they view as important.

Wesley
February 9th, 2009, 14:29
Who is this all inclusive we? Painting with a very broad stroke there. I would assume it's the same people who are critical of all religions or philosphical beliefs. And I would argue that they very rarely ever get around to picking out specific faults. The comments tend to disparage the larger concept of believing in anything beyond materialism and immediate self-serving gratification.

In any event no one is discussing the merits of a particular religion here or pointing out the faults of another. Every country has holidays for one reason or another. Most lower level employees in Thailand work nearly every day of the month for long hours. Getting an occasional day off is probably welcome. If the police have not mandated it, I would guess Mark got feed-back from his employees indicating that they would like the day off.

Obviously you missed the comments made by Homiturn and once in a while, I would not belabor the point that most here don't really give a rats as one way or another, but some take it very seriously when anything Christain Islamic or other wise is mentioned but, fail to say anythign when Budhissm is mentioned.

Wes

February 9th, 2009, 14:47
Americans (of which I am one) sat on their dead butts and let a jerk with an approval rating of 20% misrule the country. The only thing the other 80% showed was lethargy and laziness.A superficial analysis typical of this poster, As I recall it the Democrats refused to impeach Bush. What did a dumb jerk like you propose - occupying JFK airport to force his resignation?

x in pattaya
February 9th, 2009, 14:50
Obviously you missed the comments made by Homiturn and once in a while, I would not belabor the point that most here don't really give a rats as one way or another, but some take it very seriously when anything Christain Islamic or other wise is mentioned but, fail to say anythign when Budhissm is mentioned.

Wes

You're right about missing Homi's comments on anything. I put a few of the vacuum brains on Ignore including Homi. A lively discussion is one thing, but just endless bitching & moaning with no point other than to bitch & moan is tiring. Occasionally I look to see what he's spewing, but he keeps singing the same song with different lyrics.

I still contend that "we" is a little broad. Besides, there seems to be no shortage of people here bitching about respect for Buddhism, including you. Incidentally, there is no "hiss" in Buddhism.

I seem to recall you once making a monumentally ill-informed blather about the differences between Sunni and Shiite Muslims. Defending something from a pedestal of ignorance is hardly respectful. And, of course, when you first appeared on this message board you were spinning some yarn about Christian activists wanting to tar & feather you for your "handling" of children in some mythical asylum.

If anyone is guilty of bringing most of the major religions of the world into disrepute it would be you, by endlessly dragging them around the message board like some moth eaten teddy bear you cling to for protection against the dark forces rummaging through your tiny mind.

bao-bao
February 9th, 2009, 21:25
Mark closing his club to allow his employees a day to observe a religious holiday is an act of kindness; notifying some of the regulars on the board about it is another. Leave the TYPE of business out of it.

It's almost a 100% certainty that I'll never own a club there, but if I did I'd like to think I'd do the same -- as well as pay the guys their usual "show up and suit down" money (as I suspect Mark would, even without ever having met the man).

Wesley
February 9th, 2009, 21:39
I see Heir X that you have not lost your cynical streak but, for the most part your memory serves you well, however, I don't recall having done anything to any kids wrong but was outed about 8 years ago in a website about Thailand with me sitting in front of a gay establishment. However, I was good enough at what I do to weather that storm in my life and have concluded over this period that likely there is no god, to propose at this point as well that there is any sort of intelligent design would be mere supposition. In short, I detest religion of any kind including Buddhism

As to anything stated about the Sunni, I was in observance of the Islamic people of Kyrgyzstan, which by the time I met them, were almost completely devoid of anything similar to anything close to the original Sunni religion after the Soviets finished with them. So, I will admit I did make a broad statement with the brush of a large pen, not having really read up on the Sunni but, having only observed what I have seen and heard with my own eyes, having found the ones I knew were practically harmless

As to Teddy bears and rag dolls of religion, I fear they have outlived their usefulness, having been for centuries simply more ways for power hungry men to control others. It seems now to be my hope that all religion will secularize as time and science gradually take over the worldview instead of living by the means of the innocents. In time, maybe what we now see as religion will be nothing more than some humanitarian outreach for those who are less fortunate than you and I.

However, my dear X, It is my bewilderment as to how anyone as cynical as you has ever found any one to love or anyone to love you and I fear that there is much too much water under the bridge for you and I to agree on anything other than we shall certainly all die, only some more lonely than others. Therefore, I find it simply an exercise in typing to try to write anything after your sharp keys. I have often wondered if you are the same in real life as you are here on the forum. I think not or you would not be able to live with yourself.

All the best,

Wes

Wesley
February 9th, 2009, 22:08
I will at this point concede that you and I have fallen into the trap Smiles talks about as one of the laws of message boards, that being, that a long thread that began as a useful piece of information given time will degenerate into name calling and loose all similarity to the original topic. So, I guess we have fallen in to the endless trap of message boards that those who tend to not like another poster will find something bad to say about another even if it comes from 8 or ten years back. I am amazed you cared enough about anything I ever wrote to remember as much as you did. I was in total ignorance of your ability to keep up for years a staement made by a person you deplore. What a wonderful compliment that you would remember such details of my early writing on Pattyagay forum.

I will never accuse you of being stupid, but if one poster says you admitted to being run out of more than 30 countries one can only think it was for a good reason.

Wes

x in pattaya
February 9th, 2009, 22:48
I see Heir X

However, my dear X, It is my bewilderment as to how anyone as cynical as you has ever found any one to love ...I have often wondered if you are the same in real life as you are here on the forum. I think not or you would not be able to live with yourself.

All the best,

Wes

Heir X?? What am I inheriting?

Finding you to be the heir apparent to :

http://msa4.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/alfred_e_neuman.jpg

does not make me cynical. As to being lovable, I am, I can assure you, one of the last of the romantics. Each day is a renewal of my love affair with Thailand and a significant proportion of her population. Be still my heart! How's that for non-cynical, mon petit chou?

I realize you are one of natureтАЩs special people who see things others donтАЩt and who feel compelled to share those visions with others.

Your earth-shaking decision to denounce and/or deny the existence of any supreme being might bear a little more weight if you didnтАЩt babble incoherently on nearly every topic you attack.

When you first tried to get sympathy for being run out of town because people feared allowing you to have contact with impressionable children, your story became so convoluted and inconsistent that you and credibility parted company forever.

Anyway, debating with you is as pointless as challenging a quadriplegic to a steeplechase, so I will withdraw and allow you the final word. I donтАЩt want to appear to be assaulting the handicapped and IтАЩm sure any summation by you will be far more amusing than anything I could muster.

I will never accuse you of being stupid, but if one poster says you admitted to being run out of more than 30 countries one can only think it was for a good reason.

The best of reasons I can assure you.

Au revoir.

Wesley
February 9th, 2009, 23:27
Thanks for your candor and spelling lessons as well, I am aware of your compelling need to make others seems small in your presence by constantly bullying them if by no other means their grammar and spelling. That you would bother to answer me at all is a compliment and I take it as such.

Thanks for your undying love and adoration for me Thailand and the wonderful people who you love and love you. I know Smiles and you stay in touch so actually you can't be nearly as bad in real life as you are here on the forum, Smiles has more class than that. But, knowing him and that he is a generous man, I am sure he is not totally kind, so there must be some redeeming qualities about you

All the best my dear X,

Wes

February 9th, 2009, 23:40
I'm trying to get to the bottom of this "respect" thing. If we Americans respected authority we'd still be ruled by the British.

There's some difference between disrespect for a diseased mind (i.e. the porphyria of George the Third) and a general and total disrespect for anything and everything that some people seem to take a pride in. Most people in this "community" are old enough to expect a little respect for their advanced years. I submit that that is a large part of the reason they find spending time in Asia agreeable. :salute:

February 9th, 2009, 23:51
there is no "hiss" in Buddhism

Ehhhmmmm..........Clearly the poster has never been to Japan.

One hears ".. sssssssssssssssssss....Anno.....ooooh............. .." all the time.

February 10th, 2009, 01:40
there is no "hiss" in BuddhismEhhhmmmm..........Clearly the poster has never been to Japan. One hears ".. sssssssssssssssssss....Anno.....ooooh............. .." all the time.Perhaps Japan is not one of the 35 countries from which x in pattaya boasts of being deported

February 10th, 2009, 04:33
This closure is 100% about money, stay open and risk closure & a large fine. Nothing more ! They are not closing out of respect for the boys or the religious holiday, simple accounting is the reason.

Brad the Impala
February 10th, 2009, 05:20
This closure is 100% about money, stay open and risk closure & a large fine. Nothing more ! They are not closing out of respect for the boys or the religious holiday, simple accounting is the reason.

Who cares?

Bob
February 10th, 2009, 08:52
Smiles has more class than that.

Nah, he doesn't as he tolerates me!

MARK
February 10th, 2009, 11:11

Do you really think the fine is higher than a days takings, you must have got my bar mixed up with some other beer bar.
Now if I had to close for 90 days for having underage staff that would really piss my wallet off
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Wesley
February 10th, 2009, 16:39
Smiles has more class than that.

Nah, he doesn't as he tolerates me!

You may well be right there Bob, However, I was trying to give smiles some credit for being a nice guy , that is unless they are purely a troll.

Wes

x in pattaya
February 18th, 2009, 17:37
:thumbright: :salute: :salute: :thumbleft:

For those of you planning ahead to the summer months, this was just posted by Sextile on CFS .

06 jul. - NATIONWIDE - Public holiday; this has been passed by the Royal Cabinet so as to give the poor but honest & hard-working Thais a l-o-n-g week-end and MORE quality time to travel and to shop.
- source: today's, (18th.), BKK. Post. 'paper..
07 jul. - N'WIDE. - Asarnha Bucha Day.;
08 jul. - N'WIDE. - Start of Buddhist Lent.;
- NB.: Both of the above will be Days of Religious Observances, so expect all of the usual restrictions for alcohol etc. etc..