PDA

View Full Version : Dusit hotel

February 7th, 2009, 22:30
Does any one know if i would have any trouble in taking a boy back to the dusit hotel or would the be a so called joiners fee to pay. I am thinking of staying there on my next trip instead of a gay hotel.

Dodger
February 8th, 2009, 02:36
aot87...

There isn't a nicer place to stay in PTY, but you may want to think twice.

It's been several years since my last stay at Dusit, and still miss the view and fresh water shower on the balcony, but I think I was the only guy in the place who had boys in tow. Dusit guests are almost exclusively str8...many on business trips...and others with family and small kids in tow. I don't recall ever being charged a joiners fee - but then again, who cares. You'd probably spend more for a Coke at the lobby bar anyway.

giggsy
February 8th, 2009, 02:55
stopped at the dusit last year.. took the same boy back twice..didnt get asked for a joiners fee but then again i didn't ask them if they wanted one. but if looks could kill.. dont think by the look on their faces that they approved but i couldn't give a s+++. :nike:

bing
February 8th, 2009, 03:18
Hi,
I stopped by the Dusit Hotel to use the internet and was ushed into a business suite to simply check some emails. Actually I was looking for a Vista Connection. Every place I tried used Windows XP, which was fine. I really like the waterfalls in the center area. If you are into taking pics of your friends, there are many floral and other delightful places to pose them.

February 8th, 2009, 06:33
I've stayed in four Dusits and some of the company's Princess Hotels e.g. the one at Pathumwan. I have never been asked for a joiners fee and my guests have always been accorded the same welcome as myself. I have met boys at DJ statiion who were too intimidated to come to the the Dusit Thani with me, however. Others loved to have their photos taken by the fountain after afternoon tea.

One problem I do have with Dusits, but not Princesses, is that they are invariably poorly lit. It is over 15 years since I stayed at the Dusit in Pattaya. Then the boys were quite happy to accompany me there.

jolyjacktar
February 8th, 2009, 08:45
My First trip to Pattaya in 1992 was a package with Thomas Cooks and it was at the Dusit. Lovely hotel but the policy on bringing back somone was that the guest had to be out of your room by 10pm, strange but true.
Ive always thought about going back there as it was a great room i had, but likewise was unsure these days of the guest policy

February 8th, 2009, 10:18
I use to stay at The Dusit Resort & Spa as it use to be called in Pattaya, and also The Dusit Thani in Bangkok, until I use to stayed on longer trips, over 3 months from the year 2000 onwards, when I use to rent a house on the Beach and did we have fun Parties there.

I have never BEEN asked for a joinerтАЩs fee in Pattaya but, all of a sudden they use to make you pay Joiners in Bangkok DUSIT THANI, saying they have had so many Problems from Lady Boys and Katoys, it is there Flagship Hotel so you had to book your partner in with you as if he was staying.

The fun thing about The Pattaya Dusit most of the staff use to be Gay and it was great fun at night with the security, but I Imagine now it has cleaned its act up.

I use to just love the Dusit it was so well laid out and gave you a good feeling to be in a Home from Home if you lived in a nice Home that is.

I have also stayed at The Royal Cliff Royal Wing, but I donтАЩt think it is worth the Money, as the Suits are not that big and the Butler got on my nerves, looking for some thing to do, after Ironing your cloths also its miles from anything, with the Dusit Pattaya its where you want to be, on the Beach and you can walk out on the street, where there is lots of life. with many baht Busses going any where you ned to be, if you book from a travel agents ,even the one in the Dusit, its a lot cheaper, if you book from the reception its the Rack rate top dollar, I use to get a good deal from UK so not much more expensive then 3&4 star Hotel

Great choice your love it, by the way the Princess And Crown Prince use to eat there, at least once a month, so your be able to rub shoulders with Royalty. Plus a Few old Queens.

February 8th, 2009, 10:27
Lovely hotel but the policy on bringing back somone was that the guest had to be out of your room by 10pm, strange but true.For those of us who subscribe to the view that sodomy was invented to fill in the time between drinks and dinner, this sounds like an ideal arrangement

allieb
February 8th, 2009, 12:13
I have met boys at DJ statiion who were too intimidated to come to the the Dusit Thani with me,

One problem I do have with Dusits, but not Princesses, is that they are invariably poorly lit.

My own view is that most bar boys don't feel comfortable going into such a fancy expensive hotel. Remember that the price of a night is more than the average monthly salary of an ordinary Thai. If farang are going to Thailand to pull boys I believe they should stay somewhere comfortable and reasonably priced. Splash out the extra cash on the boys who make you happy.

The poor lighting should be a bonus for many an older farang.

February 8th, 2009, 14:58
I have met boys at DJ statiion who were too intimidated to come to the the Dusit Thani with me,

One problem I do have with Dusits, but not Princesses, is that they are invariably poorly lit.

My own view is that most bar boys don't feel comfortable going into such a fancy expensive hotel. Remember that the price of a night is more than the average monthly salary of an ordinary Thai. If farang are going to Thailand to pull boys I believe they should stay somewhere comfortable and reasonably priced. Splash out the extra cash on the boys who make you happy.

Spot on

The poor lighting should be a bonus for many an older farang.

Bitch. When did we meet?

I'd forgotten the 10 o'clock rule, but it suited me fine.

allieb
February 8th, 2009, 17:07
[quote="555"] Bitch. When did we meet? quote]

I think you tried to pick me up one night in poor lighting, mistaking me for a beautiful Thai boy LOL

x in pattaya
February 8th, 2009, 20:39
Does any one know if i would have any trouble in taking a boy back to the dusit hotel or would the be a so called joiners fee to pay. I am thinking of staying there on my next trip instead of a gay hotel.
Which Dusit?

I stayed in the Dusit Thani in Bangkok with my friend a few years ago. Absolutely no problem and no joiner's fee then. We went for afternoon tea and one of table cloths caught fire from one of the chafing dishes. My friend extinguished the fire, thus saving a Bangkok landmark from being consumed in flames for which he received no thanks. When the attendant returned and saw the charred cloth, she simply tucked it in so it couldn't be seen.

Can't imagine there'd be a problem with management at the Dusit Resort in Pattaya, but if you intend to spend time at the pool etc you may encounter other guests who arenтАЩt so enlightened.

Beachlover
June 15th, 2009, 20:33
Anyone stayed at the Dusit Thani Bangkok lately?

Any problems bringing boys back for the night?

I don't think joiners fees should be an issue because you can just book a room for 2 (seems to be the same rate as a room for 1).

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 15th, 2009, 20:58
The Bangkok Dusit is notorious for it's joiner's fees and they're quite rude. The head of security delights in allowing you to think you have got almost to the lifts before he leaps out from behind a marble pillar.

By contrast the Pattaya Dusit Thani is almost the opposite.

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 15th, 2009, 21:03
The Bangkok Dusit is notorious for it's joiner's fees and they're quite rude. The head of security delights in allowing you to think you have got almost to the lifts before he leaps out from behind a marble pillar.

Beachlover
June 16th, 2009, 04:51

Thanks for the double heads up, Fattman :-)

I've always wondered, can't you avoid joiners fees by booking for two??? For example, if you book (and pay for) a deluxe room "for 2 people"... when you bring a second person back later they can't charge you can they?

I only ask because on most websites, there doesn't seem to be any difference between "room for 1" and "room for 2".

June 16th, 2009, 08:19
if you book (and pay for) a deluxe room "for 2 people"... when you bring a second person back later they can't charge you can they?

They can, and they do.

If you check in and register together, no problem.

If it is a "joiner" -- an unregistered short time guest -- many places do charge.

Beachlover
July 15th, 2009, 09:27
Anyone stayed at the Dusit Thani BANGKOK lately? Did you have to pay joiners fees?... Any issues bringing acquaintances back? I would book a room for two... but obviously can't register any guests when I first check in.

The hotel I usually stay in has a great location and brand new interior but the windows are tiny, there's not much room to work and breakfast isn't great.

With the current promotion, Dusit Thani is only $30-$40 more... it looks like you get a nice view, lots of natural light and plenty of space to work, plus a great breakfast and pool/gym... so looks like good value.

Brad the Impala
July 15th, 2009, 14:10
With the current promotion, Dusit Thani is only $30-$40 more... it looks like you get a nice view, lots of natural light and plenty of space to work, plus a great breakfast and pool/gym... so looks like good value.

Agoda, see link at the top of the page, has the Dusit Thani for $56. If Latintopxxx wasn't a figment of his own imagination, he would be able to tell you about joiners. It is my expectation that they would be, at least, discouraged. Why don't you email them?

Beachlover
July 15th, 2009, 21:45

Agoda, see link at the top of the page, has the Dusit Thani for $56. If Latintopxxx wasn't a figment of his own imagination, he would be able to tell you about joiners. It is my expectation that they would be, at least, discouraged. Why don't you email them?

Thanks Brad, that's a good idea... I hadn't thought of how to phrase it though.

Checked Agoda but Asiarooms seems to have the cheapest rate for the period I am staying... $140 (Australian dollars) a night for the deluxe room ( superior rooms are quite old) including breakfast.

Dusit Thani seems to have the best location... right across the road from the skytrain station, across the road from DJ Station etc, across the road from Lumpini Park... hard to imagine better.

Fraser Suites in Sathorn is also offering good rates... 43% off means it's 3,300/night now and you get a whole apartment with heaps of space... The downside is the location isn't so good, breakfast isn't included and they want to charge for internet. http://bangkok-sathorn.frasershospitality.com/

So anyone stayed in Dusit Thani Bangkok lately?.... Any joiners fees? Any dissapproving or awkward looks? Anything to watch out for?

Beachlover
September 5th, 2009, 12:56

Haven't had any problems bringing boys back here... I just walk straight past them and they smile... even at 3am.

Nice place to stay... and really cheap ATM.

jolyjacktar
September 5th, 2009, 19:09
When i stayed at the Pattaya Dussit i was always being asked for a joiner fee in the 90s so i tended then to stay in the Ambience. In the last couple of years ive stayed at Dussit D2 both in Pattaya and Chaing Mai and not once been asked for a fee. I wouldnt go back to the Dussit Thani as i got fed up with the rude reception clerks and the hassle of getting my money from their strong room.
Still others will love the place to bits, so just my oppinion.

Beachlover
September 5th, 2009, 19:36
Yes, this is the Dusit Thani Bangkok.

Interesting....well, I don't doubt what management said to you or your own experiences and a few other members said the same about it. But I haven't been charged any joiners fee myself. I booked a double but checked in alone.

I don't bring back ladyboys or katoeys... I tend to bring back pretty ordinary looking (i.e. not fems or queens) boys and they seem relaxed walking through the foyer. I keep expecting to be stopped by someone but all I've had is a few polited wais. The only way they could charge the joiners fee is if they recorded my room number from the lift or recognise my room number or something... I'll find out when I check out. Anyone been charged a joiner fee this way without being stopped?

Thai boys sure love to sleep... usually they snooze until noon. They look so comfortable snuggling under these sheets. I go downstairs for breakfast, come back and do some work. Enjoying the novelty of doing phone meetings with clients while a naked Thai boy is snoozing in bed beside... life is good here lol.

Beachlover
September 5th, 2009, 21:40
Thanks Bottoms Up.

I don't doubt what you're saying at all... especially since, everyone else here says they are strict about joiners fees.

I'm just bringing back just normal looking guys, no business like guys... usually cute, early 20s dressed in casual t-shirt and jeans or whatever Thai boys go clubbing in.

There's definitely no way to sneak past unnoticed with 4-5 staff at standing between the entrance and the lifts and at the reception desk all the time. So I don't sneak... I just relax, stroll past and smile. It's not the end of the world if they do ask for a joiners fee. I'm only paying about 3,500/night for the deluxe room with breakfast, internet, everything... cheap as!

Er, so you know the manager?... Don't tell him will you? :blackeye:

I agree it's a really nice place. Beautiful view of Bangkok overlooking the park... across the road from the Skytrain... so near the gay nightlife... great facilities... comfortable rooms... and great service. Really friendly.

Brad the Impala
September 5th, 2009, 23:20
Thanks Beachlover for coming back and letting us know that they seem to have changed their policy. It could be useful as it is a good hotel in a good location. Unlikely that you will find anything added to your bill when you check out.

Out of interest did you ever email them first and ask about their policy.

Beachlover
September 6th, 2009, 04:54
Thanks Beachlover for coming back and letting us know that they seem to have changed their policy. It could be useful as it is a good hotel in a good location. Unlikely that you will find anything added to your bill when you check out.

Out of interest did you ever email them first and ask about their policy.

Well, it's nice to know that I'm unlikely to have anything added to my bill on checkout. Thanks.

No, I didn't e-mail first to ask about the policy. If they said yes, I still would've booked anyway. It wouldn't be the end of the world to pay an extra 1,000 baht a night... I'm probably paying too little for this room anyway. There's a stunning view, big work desk and an unbelievably comfortable bed. Everything from the internet to breakfast is included.

They even come and light aromatherapy candles in your room each evening so you come back to a sweet smelling room with a little glow LOL. How romantic.

The only thing I would mind (a bit) is if they were rude or if there was major inconvenience each time. But this hasn't happened so far.

To be fair, I don't know if they have actually "changed" their policy. I relax and smile when I see them and the boys I invite back are "normal" looking boys and tend to be a similar age to me.

I think the reception/security response might be quite different if there was a big age gap or if I was bringing less conservatively dressed boys (bright clothes, fem, long hair, more "gay looking" etc. or if the boys were nervous walking through the lobby.

Some of the hotel staff think I am a local (they try to speak Thai to me).

Depending on your priorities, I think the Dusit Thani Bangkok is pretty much the best combination of location/convenience. Can't get any better than this spot.... for the view, the skytrain, nightlife (stroll across the road to Silom 2 and other things like food or a massage) DT is best.

I've not had any problems with boys being too scared to go back the Dusit Thani. They seem to like it a lot...

Beachlover
September 10th, 2009, 07:52
Well, I checked out and there were no joiners fees charged... even though I brought a cutie back to my room each night.

So I guess as long as you make it to the lift without being stopped you are ok. I think it was just because we looked relatively normal... the boys I brought back were just ordinary looking boys, early 20s, wearing t-shirt/jeans... so maybe they just saw us as two friends returning from a night out and did the smile/wai thing. They might have assumed I was Thai... some of the staff tried to speak to me in Thai at first when I stayed there.

Have to recommend the place highly... it was such a comfortable/welcoming/friendly place to stay. Great views... nice rooms... and unbeatable location. So convenient to just stroll across the road to DJ Station when I felt like it LOL. And if you find the right (online) booking agent it's not as expensive as it should be.

latintopxxx
September 10th, 2009, 08:39
Have stayed at the Dusit on Rama 4 many a time and have never been stopped let alone asked to pay a joiner fee, maybe it has to do with the fact that I pick up "neatly dressed fairly clean cut" guys and not outrageous over the top mincing screaming look at me queens.....gotta be discreet and respect norms.

September 10th, 2009, 08:42
"neatly dressed fairly clean cut"

I thought you specialized in construction workers right off the site?

September 10th, 2009, 08:45
Have stayed at the Dusit on Rama 4 many a time and have never been stopped let alone asked to pay a joiner fee, maybe it has to do with the fact that I pick up "neatly dressed fairly clean cut" guys and not outrageous over the top mincing screaming look at me queens.....gotta be discreet and respect norms.
And here's me thinking you only employed hookers..............

Beachlover
September 10th, 2009, 08:51

Well that must be it then... the appearance of boys you pick up. I guess Dusit wants to maintain its image as well. As long as they are nice about it.

September 10th, 2009, 10:17

Well that must be it then... the appearance of boys you pick up. I guess Dusit wants to maintain its image as well. As long as they are nice about it.

Sad, but for the most part - It's True!!!