PDA

View Full Version : calling Thailand

markie1
February 7th, 2009, 20:36
yes i call 08448386099 before i dial my boy friends thai mobile ,it works out a t2pence per minuit from the UK

February 7th, 2009, 21:03
Yes there are a couple of options for cheap calls. I'm calling Thailand all the time to chat with my bf and practise my Thai with friends, so I've made sure I can make cheap calls from home and my mobile.

If you're using a landline I would use one of the 0844 services, to get calls for 1p or 2p a minute. My favourite is CallHappy - dial 08448693456 , wait a moment, then dial the Thai number (beginning with 0066).

When I use my mobile, I have a pay as you go simcard from Talk Mobile, which I got from the Carphone Warehouse. It's 4p a minute to call landlines and 6p for mobiles in Thailand.

February 7th, 2009, 21:44
Another number is 0844 566 4343 then dial 0066

jinks
February 9th, 2009, 00:42
A new site mentioned on the BBC click show.

FREE calls http://www.poketalk.com

bao-bao
February 9th, 2009, 22:17
These all seem to be from the UK.

Does anyone have experience with such services from the United States?

jinks
February 9th, 2009, 23:07
These all seem to be from the UK.

Does anyone have experience with such services from the United States?

You quite obviously have not looked at Poketalk.com

Austria Land line
Canada land and mobile
Denmark landline
France landline
Germany landline
Israel landline
Italy landline
Japan landline
Netherlands landline
Singapore land and mobile
Spain landline
UK landline

AND........ The good old US of A land and mobile

TO:-
A longer list inc Thailand AND the USA try looking.

February 10th, 2009, 03:49
Be careful when using your Orange mobile to dial so called cheap international numbers:

0844 numbers from Orange using "Camel" = 35p per min

0845 numbers = 25p per min

International call forwarding numbers such as 07744 etc are 20p per min

I would use your land line if I were you using 0844 numbers.

Unless, you have free minutes with Orange of course.

February 10th, 2009, 03:51
Strangely enough, I noticed using the "Camel" option on Orange, calls to Thailand were 15p per minute not the 25p that you stated.

Dani69
February 10th, 2009, 04:23
IF YOU HAVE A PC GET SKYPE..... I RING THAI MOBILE FROM PC FOR 10MINS FOR JUST UNDER A EURO ABOUT 88 PENCE AND OF COURSE IF HE IS IN INTERNET CAFE U CAN CALL HIS PC FOR FREE.
Quality prob about 90% of fixed landline.

February 10th, 2009, 08:07
I use VOIPbuster com based out of Germany for over 2 years with great satisfaction: it works similar to Skype, just much cheaper: calls to Thai mobile from the US are 1c euro/min, free within the US, and landlines in many countries . Also, one can select to display your actual caller ID (such as your real cell# or home #) on recipients phone with your calls or SMS: in my case it helps to have it picked up promtly and not ignored :). And one doesn't need to talk attached to the computer: through their application on the computer you can connect your cell or landline instead (works in a call-back mode) for an additional 5c euro per call. Hope this helps...

bao-bao
February 10th, 2009, 10:31
You quite obviously have not looked at Poketalk.com
Guilty as charged.

I saw the reference to the BBC and figured it was more for those who think in pence rather than cents!

I'll check it out... thanks, jinks!

Dani69
February 10th, 2009, 19:36
R/e "I use VOIPbuster com based out of Germany for over 2 years with great satisfaction"

Have tried the above and i shall be using same from now on no more Skype. Voipbuster a lot clearer and ringing Thailand which i did today 15 mins for 15cents (euro) incredible.

February 11th, 2009, 05:52
I use Voip Discount to call Thai mobiles. After paying ten euros for credit, you get 120 free days. You dial your number on PC then your home phone rings, and your off. During this period all that is charged is 5 Euro cents connections for an hour call all round the world including Thai mobiles . Alternately if you choose not to pay for the credit, I think above the connection fee, the charge is 0.01 euro cents per minute.