PDA

View Full Version : Doing the Sunee scurry..

catawampuscat
February 3rd, 2009, 22:19
From my observation post in Sunee Plaza tonite, I saw a gaggle of small lads
scurry out of one Sunee Plaza boy go go boy and flee into the nite..
Expectations rose that the authorities were expected and sure enough in
short time, uniformed men arrived and stood in the soi.
It has been quite a while since the last visitation and I know from experience,
that I prefer to be elsewhere when this happens, and I moved on..

Not sure it was a raid but it should looked like one in the making and perhaps
someone else can advise if I was doing a "Chicken Little" (the sky is falling etal)
or if it is raid season again. There was some speculation that it was the Tourist Police.. :cat:

x in pattaya
February 3rd, 2009, 23:37
someone else can advise if I was doing a "Chicken Little" (the sky is falling etal)

What is a "falling etal?"

krobbie
February 4th, 2009, 00:23
x ... don't be picky. I think he means et al, as in "and others". I would suggest he means and other such phrases as "the sky is falling". May be incorrect usage here as it usually means other such thing /person previously mentioned in text etc. ... but I get his drift.

Cheers
krobbie

February 4th, 2009, 02:09
...............I know from experience,

Quite a departure from your usual holier-than-thou 'if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear' philosophy.

Perhaps the reverse of that statement also applies and accounts for your rapid departure from the scene on this occasion?

Not that I'll get any reply since the Cat's Arse has me in his foe list (ooo-er), but others can draw their own conclusions from this astonishing volte-face

:compress:

Brad the Impala
February 4th, 2009, 02:40

Quite a departure from your usual holier-than-thou 'if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear' philosophy.

Perhaps the reverse of that statement also applies and accounts for your rapid departure from the scene on this occasion?

Not that I'll get any reply since the Cat's Arse has me in his foe list (ooo-er), but others can draw their own conclusions from this astonishing volte-face

The only conclusion that i can draw is that you are in the mood for shit-stirring!

x in pattaya
February 4th, 2009, 07:46
x ... don't be picky. I think he means et al, as in "and others". I would suggest he means and other such phrases as "the sky is falling". May be incorrect usage here as it usually means other such thing /person previously mentioned in text etc. ... but I get his drift.

Cheers
krobbie

Picky? Moi?

"I think he means ..." "I would suggest he means ..." "...but I get his drift."

Your efforts at clarification belie your implication that none was needed.

Will you be rising to the defense of everyone victimized by pickiness in future or does Sir Galahad only don his shining armor in accordance with hormonal fluctuations?? :tongue:

The only conclusion that i can draw is that you are in the mood for shit-stirring!

But when one is in that mood, where better than here to do it!

neddy3
February 4th, 2009, 10:18
Only a couple of bars were bothered, as best I could see from a beer bar. Sundance and Villa Rouge.
Sundance had to sent a staff member elsewhere to get licences, which seemed not to be in the bar.
Surprising, I thought.

Properly run bars with legal staff seemed to be in business as usual later. The others - well, whatever.

One raider was wearing a jacket with TPD on the back, in English letters. All low key, no bother to falangs.

MARK
February 4th, 2009, 10:20
:study: :scratch: :study: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

They came to take photo copyтАЩs of the bars licenses, which is a joke as the application has to be in before January for a renewal, and you are given a paper that you have applied for your renewal and they do absolutely nothing to the bars that have no licenses anyway they already know which renewals are in and which bars donтАЩt have any paper work at all before they come all show and no go.

February 4th, 2009, 10:33
:...They came to take photo copyтАЩs of the bars licenses, which is a joke as the application has to be in before January for a renewal, and you are given a paper that you have applied for your renewal and they do absolutely nothing to the bars that have no licenses anyway they already know which renewals are in and which bars donтАЩt have any paper work at all before they come all show and no go.

Maybe they're just "walking the beat" so to speak.
As The Cat pointed out "... I saw a gaggle of small lads
scurry out of one Sunee Plaza boy go go boy and flee into the nite..."

which is the desired effect of cops showing up and strolling down the street: the "baddies" disappear, like cockroaches scurrying from the light.

catawampuscat
February 4th, 2009, 11:20
Most of the police appearance and raid alerts turn out not to affect us.
I was in a pissy mood for other reasons and this was the last straw
last nite.
I have been writing etal instead of et al for a while and it didn't look
right, so thanks for pointing it out x.

There has been a lot of panic in the sois with many Sunee denizens
opining that the end is near and that the boy scene will devolve and
the frequent arrest reports only add to the anxiety felt by many..
Several have discussed moving to other parts of S.E. Asia or even
other parts of the world, if the shit hits the fan.

I can see via Brad's quoting that I made a very wise decision putting
one poster on my foe list.. If you don't use it, don't complain. My foe
list is at 5 posters currently and available if anyone is interested.. :cat:

February 4th, 2009, 12:10
They came to take photo copyтАЩs of the bars licenses, which is a joke as the application has to be in before January for a renewal, and you are given a paper that you have applied for your renewal and they do absolutely nothing to the bars that have no licenses anyway they already know which renewals are in and which bars donтАЩt have any paper work at all before they come all show and no go.

Are you saying that there are some :pirate: bars :pirate: in Sunee that don't have licences?

:cussing: NAME AND SHAME :cussing:

x in pattaya
February 4th, 2009, 12:54
Most of the police appearance and raid alerts turn out not to affect us.

There has been a lot of panic in the sois with many Sunee denizens
opining that the end is near

I was just at Mike's Dept Store and Royal Garden and in my walk along Beach & Second Rds I did notice that at least a couple of the usual cd/dvd sellers were absent or had different merchandise on display. Can't say whether it's true for all of them.

It may just be that a a periodic campaign against moral turpitude is under way. I think it was two years ago that they did something similar. As a word of caution, at that time they were insisting that farang produce passports on demand ... not photocopies. I'm not sure if it's true, but someone told me they even did a spot check of farang at Friendship supermarket. Supposedly fines were levied. No first-hand knowledge of this, but numerous similar tales were floating around at the time.

catawampuscat
February 4th, 2009, 17:19
There are a multitude of different licenses and they all expire and
need to be renewed. I have heard that there is one license which allows
a bar to stay open to 1AM and another that allows 2AM. There are
licenses for music playing and no doubt for selling alcohol and probably several more.
Cities all over the world require multiple licenses for bars, restaurants, hotels
to do business and sell alcohol, and many other things as well.

As far as carrying your passport, my understanding is that the law requires
aliens to have their original passport with them. It is quite rare to be asked
for ID and usually a photocopy does the trick and even a Thai driver's license seems to work, but they can fine you for not having your passport with you. :cat:

February 4th, 2009, 17:26
scurry out of one Sunee Plaza flee into the nite..
,I prefer to be elsewhere when this happens, and I moved on..
some speculation that it was the Tourist Police.. :cat:

.It was so funny from our vantage point at the CUMIN BAR to see Catawampuscat Run for his life, as if the police were looking for him, when he was sitting out side Villa Rouge. was a sight not to be missed.

What on earth could he have to worry about, but there again I read recently he never leaves Thailand, so may be he is like quite a few living in Thailand. who would rather not answer any question for reasons only known to them?

Its funny Fugitives have been jumping from county to country over the years , and have to run in case the authorities ask for their passports, you would think they would get a false one or try to clean there dirty deeds.

Not that Im suggesting Catawampus cat is on the run, I hope not any way, may be he ran as he did, not want to pay for the policeman's balls.

catawampuscat
February 4th, 2009, 18:18
I sure do attract the wackos and weirdos but of course, observant
users of this forum know this latest incarnation of the same old village
idiot.
It would be ludicrous to contradict R.R. as most frequent posters here
are used to his exaggerations and unfamiliarity with the truth, so I will
just add R.R. to the foe list and suggest the same tactic to one and all.. :cat:

February 4th, 2009, 19:34
catawampuscat wrote:
scurry out of one Sunee Plaza flee into the nite..
,I prefer to be elsewhere when this happens, and I moved on..
some speculation that it was the Tourist Police..

scottish-guy wrote:
catawampuscat wrote:

Thats right put every one on Foe, its like saying your putting your head in the sand and pretending no one is finding out the truth.

Author: Brad the Impala ┬╗ Tue 3 Feb, 2009 3:40 pm
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Looking above, looks like I'm not the only one to read deeper in to your life?

Oh dear looks like a few guys here have hit a nerve, you always know your right on when they start saying your some one else, well I think that's what he was saying, as I always say the truth does a lot more damaged then lies?

As Catawampuscat says :- I was in a pissy mood for other reasons and this was the last straw
last nite...............There has been a lot of panic in the sois with many Sunee denizens
opining that the end is near and that the boy scene will devolve and
the frequent arrest reports only add to the anxiety felt by many..
Several have discussed moving to other parts of S.E. Asia or even
other parts of the world, if the shit hits the fan.
There was some speculation that it was the Tourist Police.. I know from experience,

R.R says:-
Does not sound like a guy who is pure as the driven snow? try Vancouver I hear they are taking in fugatives. Thats right put every one on "hide' function, its like saying your putting your head in the sand and pretending no one is finding out the truth.

giggsy
February 4th, 2009, 20:19
scurry out of one Sunee Plaza boy go go boy and flee into the nite..

perhaps they just wanted a cigarette saw you and realised they would have to put up with a sermon on how the evils of smoking would condemn them to an eternity in hell.
i can imagine you in your "observation post" with your binoculars and mobile phone itching to find a bar that chooses of their own free will to allow smoking in their own bar.only trouble is if you phone to "grass them up" it means an early night for you as you can't hang around if there are police present hmmmmmmmmm gets stranger and stranger :lurk: :kos:

February 4th, 2009, 22:27
..... I get his drift.

I wish Cc would drift!

the desired effect of cops showing up and strolling down the street: the "baddies" disappear, like cockroaches scurrying from the light.

Not knowing Cc in person, fortunately, I will now know to look out for a cockroach - may be a bit difficult to sort out just which one he is, though.

It is quite rare to be asked for ID and usually a photocopy does the trick and even a Thai driver's license seems to work, but they can fine you for not having your passport with you.

Rubbish, as usual. The legal requirement is for "proof of identity" to be carried by all, not a passport. In the case of Thais this is an identity card; in the case of foreigners a Thai driver's licence is legally acceptable (it shows the original passport number) although you could be asked to produce the passport later to show a current visa - I have never known anyone who has been asked for this, although there are always the tenth hand reports. Photocopies (in good condition) are generally accepted but technically not legal.

catawampuscat
February 4th, 2009, 22:49
Well, I was a little slow to add to the old foe list and had to read
the typical lmtu/earwig lies, contortions and hatred from R.R., one of
his dozens of handles. Perhaps cockadilly is already banned but that won't stop the 'serial sociopath' from spinning lies and making up whatever garbage he can come up with. A real sad sick man and I regret I was slow to add him to the foe list.

Funny thing guys, cockadilly sent me a pm cordially asking for an explanation
for putting him on the foe list and having him 'cease to exist'. He actually
wanted to understand my thinking but of course, he just wants to play, he just wants attention from his obsession and of course, I ignored his pm until now.
I did forward it to e.spike as an example of a pm sent by a poster on the foe list and hopefully that will take care of the issue..
I have zero tolerance for abuse from cowards and lowlifes, who imagine
things and use idiot logic, which shows their lack of education and low level
of intelligence.. I will add giggsy to the foe list and now I have seven losers
who are a waste of time and useless wankers. Actually six since cockabilly and RR are one in the same..
They should do the same with me and move on with their miserable excuses for lives, I know I sure have..... :cat:
and of course I have hedda a.k.a gone fisting on the foe list too.

krobbie
February 5th, 2009, 00:43

Cheers
krobbie

Picky? Moi?

"I think he means ..." "I would suggest he means ..." "...but I get his drift."

Your efforts at clarification belie your implication that none was needed.

Will you be rising to the defense of everyone victimized by pickiness in future or does Sir Galahad only don his shining armor in accordance with hormonal fluctuations?? :tongue:

It may well be that this kind sir saw a poster under threat. I didn't realise that it was a vendetta long since established but I am now aware and you are free to torment whomever you choose. Just don't choose me please. I am a kind and gentle man from New Zealand. I live almost next door to Aunty, who we all know is a elegant charmer.

Cheers
krobbie

Dani69
February 5th, 2009, 01:22
ERRRRRRRRRR grow up the lot of you please !!!!!

Keep the answers relevant please. Thank you.

Brad the Impala
February 5th, 2009, 02:00
I live almost next door to Aunty, who we all know is a elegant charmer.

So you live in a caravan? Sorry, of course I mean trailer!

x in pattaya
February 5th, 2009, 07:12
It may well be that this kind sir saw a poster under threat. I didn't realise that it was a vendetta long since established but I am now aware and you are free to torment whomever you choose. Cheers
krobbie

After reading through this thread, you think when I asked, clearly as a lame,silly joke, "What's a falling etal?" that I am waging a vendetta and tormenting someone? I can get petty & vindictive with the best of them, but if you think that's an example, you may want to dial down your morphine drip.

You may consider yourself a kind & gentle person, but you're obviously in the business of shit-stirring to the same extent as everyone else, even if you gather up your skirts ready to run as soon as you fling your mud.

Smiles
February 5th, 2009, 09:28
ERRRRRRRRRR grow up the lot of you please !!!!!
Keep the answers relevant please. Thank you.
My all time favourite type of post ... for Pattaya Passion << http://www.pattayapassion.com >>.

The "ERRRRRRRRR" means you are 'Passionate' (get it?). The "keep it relevant" means you're logical, and the "thank you" shows you are polite ... a veritable dyed in the wool, member-to-be passionista patroller.
Click on the link above and sign up, now! They'll love ya, and will gush and swoon.

Cheers ...

February 5th, 2009, 11:07
Well, I was a little slow to add to the old foe list and had to read
the typical lmtu/earwig lies, contortions and hatred from R.R., one of
his dozens of handles. Perhaps cockadilly is already banned but that won't stop the 'serial sociopath' one of your many handles....from spinning lies and making up whatever garbage he can come up with. A real sad sick man and I regret I was slow to add him to the foe list.

Funny thing guys, cockadilly sent me a pm cordially asking for an explanation
for putting him on the foe list and having him 'cease to exist'. He actually
wanted to understand my thinking but of course, he just wants to play, he just wants attention from his obsession and of course, I ignored his pm until now.
I did forward it to e.spike as an example of a pm sent by a poster on the foe list and hopefully that will take care of the issue..
I have zero tolerance for abuse from cowards and lowlifes, who imagine
things and use "Village idiot" logic, (another of your many handles)which shows their lack of education and low level
of intelligence.. I will add giggsy to the foe list and now I have seven losers
who are a waste of time and useless wankers. Actually six since cockabilly and RR are one in the same..
They should do the same with me and move on with their miserable excuses for lives, I know I sure have..... :cat:
and of course I have hedda a.k.a gone fisting on the foe list too.

Boo, Hope I did not frighten you....You hide your head from the scary Truth, then pop your head over the sheets to see if the Bogyman has gone away, with the cross to the devil, in your case the truth, then you want to shoot all the Messengers calling them to be all the same person, what a hoot, you really are showing yourself to be running scared.

You seem to be an expert of cowards, low life's and Misfits, but then again isn't a coward a guy who runs and Hides at the first sight of the truth, catching up with them, Is a low life not a guy who mixes with other low lifers, who are also on the run.

Who on earth wants to hide any one who disagrees with you, I find every one has something interesting to offer sometimes, even you Catty, come out with a gem now and again.

And you should not feel so low, don't call your life miserable, try to raise your self esteem, don't say things like I quote catawumpuscat :- "They should do the same with me and move on with their miserable excuses for lives", I'm sure if you get away from the the sewer rats of Pattaya, from time to time and smell the roses, other parts of Thailand have so much to offer, I always found out that guys who stay stuck in pattaya for any length of time do go quite mad and seem to get bitter, a process that seems to be slow but they cant seem to handle them selves as they don't know of any other place to go with such an easy going laid back way of finding a sex life.

Get over your hang ups and come out with what you do best give us all the low down on whats going on in pattaya if your stuck there for what ever reason, go give us the low down on the low life, with you being an expert.

Ill do the same but give the low down on the High life.

February 5th, 2009, 12:01

the desired effect of cops showing up and strolling down the street: the "baddies" disappear, like cockroaches scurrying from the light.

Not knowing Cc in person, fortunately, I will now know to look out for a cockroach - may be a bit difficult to sort out just which one he is, though.....

Ohh no, don't drag me into this collective pull on the Cat's tail.
I was refering to the playschool set, the huffers, the yaabaa dealers etc...

I would have probably payed my bill and left too.
Nothing puts a damper on a fun night out like a bunch of cops suddenly showing up. Kind of like your parents coming into the room during your slumber party and turning on the lights.

catawampuscat
February 5th, 2009, 13:35
thanks kenc..
It felt like the time to leave and the party atmosphere was certainly
ruined. kenc, it really is almost funny, how silly some men get when
they try their damnest to make an innocent comment into a criminal
escaping from interpol.
I have been in Sunee during massive police actions and I don't enjoy
it and I leave. Others stay, big deal, who cares except for those agenda
driven losers who feel this poster threatens their scene and that kindergarten will close down or they will end up servicing the screws in the big house.

At least the pro tobacco smoking wackos have quieted down but it is
the other group that feels most threatened and they should.
One had a camera in his face and after the photo was taken, he ran for
his life or so the grapevine whispers. Others are featured almost weekly
on the internet news services but one seems to keep getting away, but his
day is coming.
One note: If you want to put someone on your foe list, you must get the
handle exactly right or it won't work. I put R.R. on and he was still here when I looked.. I realized that his handle is not R.R. but actually R.R without the second period mark after the second R. Well, all taken care of and one less bugger..

btw, Sunee Plaza is still party central :cheers: and hopefully threads like this won't put anyone off on it.. Just do your due diligence and you will have a ball unless one of the bar :drunken: flies gets your ear and wastes your time.. :cat:

quiet1
February 5th, 2009, 13:45
It is quite rare to be asked for ID and usually a photocopy does the trick and even a Thai driver's license seems to work, but they can fine you for not having your passport with you.Rubbish, as usual. The legal requirement is for "proof of identity" to be carried by all, not a passport. In the case of Thais this is an identity card; in the case of foreigners a Thai driver's licence is legally acceptable (it shows the original passport number) although you could be asked to produce the passport later to show a current visa - I have never known anyone who has been asked for this, although there are always the tenth hand reports. Photocopies (in good condition) are generally accepted but technically not legal.
There are two possible scenarios for "police" checking "ID":

(1) The regular street cops, aka BIB, who will accept a Thai drivers license or even just a photocopy of a foreign passport,
(2) The Thai Immigration Police, who will accept nothing other than the real passport -- no photo copy and no excuses.

I think farangs rarely get "carded" by the Immigration Police, but it can happen. They accompany the BIB when a raid is expected to uncover illegal aliens, like Burmese laborers or Ukranian hookers, but usually not on underage worker checks or drug tests.

When someone says they've been stopped and carded by the police before and were okay with just a photocopy of their passport, you can be fairly sure it was not by the Thai Immigration Police.

krobbie
February 5th, 2009, 15:44
I live almost next door to Aunty, who we all know is a elegant charmer.

So you live in a caravan? Sorry, of course I mean trailer!

Brad ... I prefer the term mobile home. Very comfortable it is too, if you discount the unfortunate odour from the communal shower & toilet block.

February 5th, 2009, 22:04
thanks kenc..
It felt like the time to leave and the party atmosphere was certainly
ruined. kenc,
R>R says:-R>R says:- Who on earth would be worried about a few Police running chasing sewer rats around Sunee Plaza, it all Beggars belief

I'm sure no one would spoil my night out, if you have done nothing wrong, if you go to a Base Ball match where the poilce are looking for Criminals do you leave, the truth is in what you say, why would you want to leave, th sunee police leave as soon as a blink of the eye, unless they are putting on a big show for the worlds Press, may be that's what the problem is, all those Press cameras, may be you need to put on more make up.

One note: If you want to put someone on your foe list, you must get the
handle exactly right or it won't work. I put R.R. on and he was still here when I looked.. I realized that his handle is not R.R. but actually R.R without the second period mark after the second R. Well, all taken care of and one less bugger..

R.R says: Come on we are all grown up lads here, we know you really wanted to see what was being said, it must send you wild keep having to take posters off and on to see if they are talking about you Cat. :tongue:

Ok we have had a fun interlude now get down to some Interesting posts.

btw, Sunee Plaza is still party central :cheers: and hopefully threads like this won't put anyone off on it.. Just do your due diligence and you will have a ball unless one of the bar :drunken: flies gets your ear and wastes your time.. :cat:

Come on guys dont worry about the few people knocking you down fleeing with there skirt held high, so they dont trip over them, the most dangerous thing your see apart from a few fugitives fleeing the police cordons, is a Motor Bike this the thing most dangerous here, that can kill you, if your not looking the right way, Ill let you into a secret the best time to come to Thailand is now, good Guys, good weather and Nid Noi Farangs running for there life?

February 6th, 2009, 02:54
I sure do attract the wackos and weirdos........ :cat:

Birds of a feather Dear, birds of a feather...

February 6th, 2009, 02:57
I sure do attract the wackos and weirdos........ :cat:Birds of a feather Dear, birds of a feather...A one word answer was sufficient - Pattaya!

x in pattaya
February 6th, 2009, 09:49
The police seem to be busy everywhere these days:

Police bust swinging party, arrest 13 foreign men

BANGKOK: -- Police raided a swinging party in a Bangkok hotel late Wednesday night and arrested 13 foreign men, seven Thai women and three foreign women.
The raid took place at 0:15 am Thursday at the Elizabeth Hotel on Praditpat Road in Samsen district.

Police also arrested a couple - Christian Richards and his Thai wife, for allegedly organising the swinging sex tour.

When police raided the room No 1101 on the 11th floor of the hotel, police found several couples were having sex in the same room while others were drinking and dancing.

Police found used condoms, lubricant gel, porno books and CDs and 30 pills of Viagra.

-- The Nation 2009-02-05

Assuming they were all in one room, it sounds like a scene out of a Marx Brothers film.
http://www.gollom.com/marx/pics/anoto-stateroom.jpg

February 6th, 2009, 10:51
The police seem to be busy everywhere these days:

Police bust swinging party, arrest 13 foreign men....

See what I mean? Another Slumber Party spoiled......

Now why can't Long Yang Club organize a party like that? :dontknow:

February 6th, 2009, 13:02
Now why can't Long Yang Club organize a party like that? :dontknow:I think you've answered your own question. Isn't Richard of @Richards a leading member?