View Full Version : Foe List versus the old Ignore Feature...

catawampuscat
February 3rd, 2009, 22:09
I use the foe list feature and am pleased with it.
One point, that I believe should be addressed is that if you have a
poster on the foe list, that poster can still send you a pm.
The old system did not allow this to happen if you had a poster on ignore,
althou one persistent poster figured out how to slip a message thru.

It would be loverly, if posters on ones foe list could not pm you.. Please consider this refinement of an otherwise marvelous feature.. :cat:

elephantspike
February 11th, 2009, 08:11
Ok, I just figured this out. This is an option each user needs to set for themselves in the user cp. User cp> Private messages> rules, folders and settings> under "add new rule" select "sender" then >next>select "is foe">next>select "delete message"> add rule

That should take care of it.

February 14th, 2009, 04:04
Yeah, I really don't care about protecting the privacy of harassing messages, but I'd rather not have that kind of thing on the board. It would only lead to a flame war.It's impossible to prevent. Anyone who wants can simply create a new user, gain instant access to PMing, and send off a harassing PM. I've had boygeenyus do it to me several times over the years and I always make the harassment public. It has never lead to a flame war! You could prevent it, I guess, by suspending certain privileges such as sending PMs until the poster has gained a certain status by posting N times in X days, but maybe the software doesn't lend itself to that sort of rule