PDA

View Full Version : phuket hotels

martin911
February 3rd, 2009, 17:56
Hi everybody
heading to phuket for the weekend, can anybody recomend any decent hotels that wont be a problem for a couple,money not an issue(want to treat ourselves)
thanks

jinks
February 3rd, 2009, 19:45
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/club-one-seven-t14661.html

Provided by our Search feature :)

TOQ
February 3rd, 2009, 20:49
I would have to say Club Oneseven as well. Nice place and great staff

http://www.cluboneseven.net

john

Patexpat
February 3rd, 2009, 20:56
yup Club One Seven for me too every time ...

Brad the Impala
February 3rd, 2009, 21:38
If you want to splash out, Baan Yin Dee.

Baanyindee (http://www.baanyindee.com/)

February 3rd, 2009, 22:03
I just ended my first trip to Phuket and was there for a week. I stayed at Club One Seven and with one exception I agree with all the good things written about Club One Seven on this forum in the past. Manager Daniel has the very best adorable group of boys running the hotel. His crew includes some beauties from Burma. Young men with the smoothest of skin, greatest smile, well developed chest and muscular arms. Very Helpful. They do it all from cleaning rooms to serving in the kitchen. Unfortunately, apparently off limits for any fraternizing with customers other than strictly business. I could have been in love with several of them. Breakfast is very good with some outdoor tables. Thai food dinners were equally good.

Huge disadvantage for me was the location so far out of town. I walked it a few times and it seems like its a 45 minute walk to boys town known as Paradise. Maybe half hour. Motor bike boys should charge 40 baht but will try to rip off tourists for 100 baht. Not like the Motor Bike boys in Pattaya or BKK.

I looked at Rendevous and would have moved there for half the cost except I was already settled at One Seven. I did look at a room at Connect and it was OK but the atmosphere getting into the room not up to par. My impression was all the gay hotels were hurting for customers. Several owners were offering deals of 1,000 baht for upgraded rooms that I assume normally go for more like 1,800b.

Don't pass up the Massage boys at Blue Dolphin (Blue Lagoon). Good group and a really nice guy as owner. I sat around one slow evening and had a few beers with the boys and owners outside the bar. Nice group. Great place.

For me, Phuket bar boys were not up to same standard as Pattaya so I left after a week and spent my last week in Posiedon Guesthouse at Jomptien Beach and every night in Boyz town. Much better for me.

atri1666
February 3rd, 2009, 23:25
When money is not an issue take the "Sheraton Grande Laguna Beach" or when you want to be near the action take the Suite in Rendezvous Hotel.

thrillbill
February 4th, 2009, 05:16
Club ONE SEVEN is a nice small hotel but it is too far away from the action and the small gay beach area. True, you can take a tuk-tuk but negotiating a price daily can be a pain. I prefer to stay near Paradise Complex area. I stayed in a suite at Aquarius and was very please with the space, large bath, and ...it was quiet. (see web sight). It was worth the extra cost. Just around the corner are the bars and dance clubs...then it is a 15-20 minute walk to the "gay beach" area. Going to Phuket and staying in the Paradise Area , to me, is better than going to Pattaya where the sea water is dirty, the city is noisey, and the clubs/ bars are all spread out.

Dick
February 4th, 2009, 07:07
Many valid comments in this thread. Depends on your priorities.
Have stayed at the Rendezvous and agree with atri that a suite there offers the advantages of being close to the night life whilst offering decent value accommodation. For me, I place it above Connect/Aquarius. And 'only' a 15min walk to Patong beach... just enough distance to be safe if any big waves come your way in the middle of the night - for those who are mindful of such things. Forget Connect/Aquarius if you have a boy with you... too camp in your face and your boy will likely hate it... won't want other Thai to think he's 'one of them' money boys. Although for the single horny farang looking for luvee's, Connect might be just up your alley! Compared to Rendezvous you might also think Aquarius overpriced.

There have consistantly been many good reports on the boards recommending Club One Seven... it will be on my short list next time. I remember reading a couple of years back a report that Baan Yin Dee was not so gay friendly, although that might have more to do with the other guests rather than the management.
Worth searching back for previous threads on the boards as this topic seems to come round each year.

Smiles
February 4th, 2009, 08:44
Siam-Palm Hotel is very nice, very clean. 3 blocks from Gay Central and 5 minute walk from the beach (i.e. a quiet sleep).
Owner is completely open to gay guests (I think he prefers them frankly :cyclopsani: ) and in fact any companion you take as an unexpected overnighter gets treated to a free breakfast as well as the one you get as part of the room rate. << http://www.siam-palm.com/index2.html >>

One of our favourite places, and will be shacking up there in early March. Anyone know where we can get tickets to the Thailand Open being held in Phuket from March 5-8th?

Cheers ...

February 6th, 2009, 16:43
Siam-Palm Hotel is very nice, very clean. 3 blocks from Gay Central and 5 minute walk from the beach (i.e. a quiet sleep).
Owner is completely open to gay guests (I think he prefers them frankly :cyclopsani: ) and in fact any companion you take as an unexpected overnighter gets treated to a free breakfast as well as the one you get as part of the room rate. << http://www.siam-palm.com/index2.html >>

One of our favourite places, and will be shacking up there in early March. Anyone know where we can get tickets to the Thailand Open being held in Phuket from March 5-8th?

Cheers ...

I did stay in Siam Palm many times . Allan Leach the owner is a good guy but a drunk even you met him in the morning.

In the night i remember the secure man sleeps in the restaurant and you have to pick your room key in front as long no other stay in your room al ready ! :flower:

Waik up was at 7 in the morning a bird picking at the room window ! Window looks like mirror for the bird .

Now i stay at Bleu Dolphin in Patong.

atri1666
February 7th, 2009, 11:26
Now i stay at Bleu Dolphin in Patong.

Their newest "enhancement" is charging electricity extra but the room prices are the same