PDA

View Full Version : Albury rumors ....

mikelele-old
February 1st, 2009, 21:27
Just got back home from my all-too-short vacation in BKK where, on my last day, I was able to make a last ditch effort to escape the clutches of my shopaholic friends and hie off to one of my favorite spots on earth- The Albury.

I was pleased to find that the man at front desk (elderly fellow) was still there, my captain-friend and a masseur-friend were still working there although the captain was off that day, and the masseur was expected later in the evening (I went around 7p.m.)

The economic situation had taken it's toll on the place though. Not necessarily in terms of the up-keep of the place, which to me seemed to be the same, but in terms of it's clientele. I was told that they were receiving fewer and fewer clients.

I chose a more mature masseur that day. I got a good massage from him and we became friends. After the massage we had a cold beer and got to talking. He said that Albury was due to close down in a month's time. I asked him if it was for renovation - but he was vague and seemed to mean that it was going to close indefinitely. He seemed earnest enough and there was no follow-through story designed to elicit sympathy or extract money. He was merely re-telling what he and some of the other boys had been hearing.

Does anyone here know if any of this is true? It would be too bad. I have such fond memories of that place and the people I've met there.

February 1st, 2009, 21:36
The decline of Albury, I think, has less to do with the economy than it does with the rise of dozens of competitors. Many of which are better run, with better facilities, and better boys. Albury has not kept up.

mikelele-old
February 1st, 2009, 22:48
Could be...

After all it DID look exactly the same as I remember it some 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply Beach Bunny.

hayase
February 1st, 2009, 23:53
Hi Mikelele
I've been visiting Albury whenever I am in Bangkok. It's my most favorit MP and I have two friends working there. They say Albury is closing down shortly and will be rebuilt as a high end mens spa. I don't think it's a good idea but the owner is planning to make it most luxurious (and expensive) place in Bangkok.
Hope they will survive.....