PDA

View Full Version : Ancient City-Muang Boran

thrillbill
February 1st, 2009, 12:03
BANGKOK- Ancient City or Muang Boran is a great outdoor museum showing life size replicas /or original buildings from various part of Thailand. The great part of this 320 acre park is that cars are not allowed to buzz around within the park so you can rent bicycles there to get around. Question: Is it possible to take a bus from Bangkok to get to this park which is way outside of the city or would it be better to take a taxi which would be expensive? I was there a couple years ago but went with friends from Pattaya.

February 1st, 2009, 12:17
http://www.ancientcity.com/?q=/en/how-to-visit

Smiles
February 1st, 2009, 14:20
Been there a few years ago, and agree completely that it's a great place to spend most of a day.
Guess we were lucky the day we went as it was almost empty. I can certainly see it not being quite so pleasant if very crowded ... a lot of the buildings are very special when eerily quiet.

Cheers ...

fedssocr
February 1st, 2009, 20:09
If you go during the week it is probably not very crowded other than the odd school group or two.

I was there a couple of years ago. We took a taxi from downtown. Traffic was really heavy getting out there and back. Don't remember exactly how much the taxi cost but it wasn't terrible. Flagging down a taxi to return downtown was a little difficult.

We rented a golf cart to drive around the park. I think that cost a couple hundred baht.