PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report - Village Life

aussie_
January 30th, 2009, 11:54
I arrived at the Korat Bus Terminal just before Christmas to see my boyfriend of 18 months Kai and his brother Yu waiting to greet me with the usual handshake. I want a hug and kiss but this is rural Thailand with its traditional behaviour code but the look in Kais eyes are enough to know he is happy to see me. Brother Yu is a lady boy in training at 16 and a more beautiful person in heart, mind and body you would have difficulty to find except for younger brother 14 yo Bell who is straight and an Isaan God in his own right.

This was my third and longest stay for eight days in the countryside near Korat. I was the first foreigner to stay in the village, a culture shock and steep learning curve for the villagers and myself. Our house is a basic dwelling with the usual outdoor bathroom with a barrel of water for showering and a squat toilet with the mosquitoes buzzing around as you go about your business.

I sleep with Kai in a double bed with a mosquito net and fan while the rest of the family sleep upstairs. The dogs bark in the night and father has given up drinking and smoking and sometimes gets up at 4 am to watch television close to my bed. No sex with the family so close and a good nightтАЩs sleep is a rarity here so I sit with Father and drink coffee till sunrise.

The three brothers are great and Kai cooked special Thai meals to suit my farang tastes. Kai was a waiter in Bangkok for 6 years and the only way I can get him back there is to kidnap him and carry him back. He is a farm boy and is happiest when working in the fields, cleaning the house and cooking. He loves the fresh air and his family that he left at the age of 16 to go to Bangkok to study, work and attend university. Now he is making up for lost time and will study at open university and stay in the village. Fortunately Kai also loves the sea and last September we had four great days in Koh Samui.

Our time in the village was spent sitting around playing cards, chatting and relaxing and also I watched the family work in the rice fields. The music of Isaan boomed out of the sound systems which often got me up and dancing and always drew a crowd of villagers eager to dance with the farang.

The best times were at night when I watched television with the family sitting on the straw mats away from the large gatherings of relatives outside the house in daytime. If you have stayed in a Thai village you will know that there may be three or more houses of relatives living together and other friends who will drop in at any time of the day. When the door is closed at night it means it is privacy time for the family.

Sometimes I sat and drank beer with the bad boys of the village or тАЬkwaaтАЭ as Grandma called them. These were up to ten mostly cute 16 to 20yo guys including cousin Tum who has the body of the hottest go go boy, sitting there shirtless and he always gave me drinks and food and made my boyfriend extremely jealous. Kai would say тАЬtake Tum to your roomтАЭ and I was tempted to say тАЬThanks, I willтАЭ. Tum is straight but I have seen many variations on straight in Thailand.

After a few Leo beers Tum and I often danced together the Isaan way with the music pounding out of the I Phone MP3 players that all the teenagers seem to have in the village. Tum looked directly into my eyes while we danced which drove me crazy with desire for him. The bad boys are good to me and so much fun and also play football at the local school, worth a look if you get a chance for the skill and also you may see a dozen shirtless, mostly hot guys strutting their stuff, hot and sweaty in the late afternoon sun.

Nobody seemed to care about the 50yo farang sleeping with the 25yo local boy. Grandma had a big smile on her face as she displayed the motions of me hugging and kissing her favourite Grandson. I loved walking passed the rice fields through to the next village and people came out of their houses to greet me and drivers of cars and motorcycles would stop to have a chat. It will be good when I learn to speak more Thai and I can communicate better with everyone.

On Christmas Day I took the family to a huge outdoor barbeque restaurant and before New YearтАЩs Eve brother Yu took me on the motorcycle to deliver gifts to relatives and village leaders and say тАЬSawatdee Pi MaiтАЭ or тАЬHappy New YearтАЭ. We were gone for hours into the back blocks around Chock Chai and our 92 year old great grandfather was very surprised to see a farang walk into his house while he lay on a straw mat watching Thai boxing. When I delivered the gifts everyone would wai to me and wish me тАЬchock deeтАЭ or тАЬgood luckтАЭ.

When I walked down the soi near our house I was always surrounded by young kids who yelled my name, trying to teach me new Thai words and playing games. There are also two 17yo members of the third sex in the village who look like they will be heading for Pattaya as they always ask me тАЬwhere are you going?тАЭ or тАЬwhere are you from?тАЭ and once тАЬwhat are you looking for?тАЭ. The little kids whisper in my ear тАЬkathoeys, kathoeysтАЭ.

I am a new member and I have some earlier posts which describe some problems with freeloaders in the village but that will be overcome. I have worked out who I can trust and who will try and use the farang, all part of the journey with a Thai lover and extended family.

I hope the following does not spoil the magic of my village stay for any readers of this entry. Maybe I am a bad boy because I visit the bars, off boys and have sex massages when I travel alone through Thailand. I spent a whole night on this trip with a Nong Khaki boy in Pattaya who spoke zero English but gave me a night of sex and genuine affection I will never forget. I cannot stay in the village for six weeks of my holiday so I am honest to admit that I need sex when I am away, Kai will not always travel with me and Thailand has so much to offer. When I am back home the options are limited so I need to make the most out of my holiday.

I love my boyfriend and his village community and will continue to stay with his family on future visits. If I move to Thailand I will be happy to spend the rest of my life with Kai, our story will continue.

Sorry that I do not have the flair or sexy stories that other contributors to this forum have in their very entertaining articles that I love to read. I hope some of you may enjoy this entry and spend at least one day with your boyfriend in his village on your next trip.

zinzone
January 30th, 2009, 12:00
Interesting and well written report Aussie; thank you for sharing it.

catawampuscat
January 30th, 2009, 12:21
sorry, but you can keep the village life and ancient grandfolks. I can rot away in Florida or Brighton if I wanted that and lust after visiting grandsons and greatgrand sons.
I will take the seedy sexfilled Pattaya/Jomtien scene anytime and after a few very short trips (one nighters),
I have learned that creature comforts and having friends who speak English far more pleasurable than being the only farang in a village..
Nothing personal and no doubt my tone will come across as hostile but having a boyfriend you can't have sex with and who won't travel with you, sounds awful.
I always stay at nearby hotels with a/c on village trips and make sure my boy knows my sexual needs are important if he wants me to play rich farang in his village.. A boyfriend without sex is about a foolish a
situation as I can imagine, short of playing the kindergarten game.. :cat:

aussie_
January 30th, 2009, 12:44
I always stay at nearby hotels with a/c on village trips and make sure my boy knows my sexual needs are important if he wants me to play rich farang in his village.. A boyfriend without sex is about a foolish a
situation as I can imagine, short of playing the kindergarten game.. :cat:

Your coments are correct. We did find a nice hotel near the village where I will stay with the bf on the next trip to Thailand. Being surrounded by the kids and relatives does get a bit too much sometimes and I will not be setting up house there. I wanted to have a close view of what goes on in the village and what the people were really like and the only way was to stay there with the family.

Dodger
January 30th, 2009, 15:43
aussie...thanks for sharing your experience.

Having had a similar experience recently, I related to all the things you described, with exception of the no sex part. If I couldn't enjoy sex on a regular and frequent basis, all my love of the country (and him) would be tossed right out the window. My bf (possibly x bf), has already returned to PTY to stay with friends, as the boredom of village life has got the best of him. He, like your bf, loves being at home with the family, although, the days can get pretty long in these farming villages.

I also related to your comment about the str8 village boys, as their definition of "str8" does not have the definitive borders that the classification of "str8" seems to have in other cultures. The truth of this statement being emphasized by the fact that a str8 working boy will hop in the sack with you at the drop of a dime (oh well, 1,000 baht anyway), where as some str8 boys working up on the farm will toss in the hay with you just for the fun experience. Go figure.

Enjoy your future trips...and ask your bf to toss a handful of citronella grass under your bed at night...keeps the mosies away.

mai pen rai

catawampuscat
January 30th, 2009, 18:42
classy response aussie_ .
I respect your reasons and it makes much more sense to me now..

I do take issue with farangs, who I refer to as 'door mats' (stolen from
a farang friend) and you can recognize them as the guys who think it
is all about love and not sex and money. Some 'door mats' need to be
taken dozens of times before they see the lite and get the message that
the boy doesn't love them, doesn't respect them and doesn't appreciate
what they do.. the boys just think the man is clueless and an easy ATM
machine who doesn't even expect sex from them if they can come up with
endless excuses and bullshit to keep the money flowing without any effort on
the boys part.

Farangs create these situations by thinking we are treating them as equals,
that they will like up and even love us if we are over generous, and that
by being very understanding and believing every excuse, everything will work out ok..

These comments have nothing to do with aussie_ except that his remarks
made me think about men I know who are clueless and just don't get it..
One of my favorites comments is to ask them to strip naked and stand in front of a full lenght mirror with good lighting and with their eyeglasses on..
Reality bites and it sure as hell isn't lust/love on the boys part and that is why excellent service and performance is worthy of whatever one can afford but without the sexual servicing, the nice guy persona is just 'door mat man'.
imho... :cat:

bao-bao
January 30th, 2009, 20:59
Thanks for the story - and welcome, aussie_ :cheers: Nice to see some new folks here that are willing to share in a positive way. It somewhat balances out the ample supply of acerbic posts!

It shouldnтАЩt really matter if you burn out on rural life in a shorter amount of time than others тАУ the important thing is that youтАЩre willing to give it a try without whining incessantly from start to finish. Personally, as much as I'd like to say I could fit right in there it'd be a real challenge: I don't even care much for camping out here, and that's somewhat what it's like when I'm staying in a traditional country home there. A couple of days I do OK with; a couple of weeks and I'd have to really make an effort.

Booking a room at a nearby hotel is a logical thing for a тАЬnewbieтАЭ. If it turns out sitting on a mat for eight hours or sleeping on the wooden floor with a net around you isnтАЩt for you, most should be able to find a gracious way leave and go back to your room and visit again later. For all we know it may well be a relief for the family to be rid of us for a while, also, despite their polite protestations to the contrary. Part of being gracious is trying to be convincing while saying тАЬoh, itтАЩs no problemтАж really!тАЭ - and the Thai honestly are a gracious bunch.

Most farang would consider basic Thai rural home life to be somewhat primitive compared to тАЬhomeтАЭ, and some of us adjust to it better than others. It's certainly obvious if you read the variety of experiences reported around the web; you're suddenly in a different world. Look what happens to some of the rural guys who are removed from their comfort zone and suddenly thrust into the excesses of тАЬWesternizedтАЭ city life!

As for your tendency to butterfly while there, thatтАЩs between you and your boyfriend. YouтАЩll hear as many opinions on that as there are members responding to your comment.

DonтАЩt worry about your тАЬflairтАЭ for storytelling тАУ itтАЩs just fine. Looking forward to reading more from you.

joe552
January 31st, 2009, 02:25
Enjoyed reading your post, aussie, thanks. It shows a side of Thai life that few of us ever experience. Keep it up (and then post details!)

aussie_
January 31st, 2009, 06:02
Thanks to everyone for the mostly positive remarks about my experiences in the village. I was a bit unsure about posting the entry but I am now happy that I did and I learn from your insight and remarks.

I do take issue with farangs, who I refer to as 'door mats' (stolen from
a farang friend) and you can recognize them as the guys who think it is all about love and not sex and money. Some 'door mats' need to be taken dozens of times before they see the lite and get the message that
the boy doesn't love them, doesn't respect them and doesn't appreciate what they do.. the boys just think the man is clueless and an easy ATM machine who doesn't even expect sex from them if they can come up with endless excuses and bullshit to keep the money flowing without any effort on the boys part.

Cat :cat: is so accurate with the description of the farang "doormat". I have taken steps to make sure that I don't fit that category. One of the reasons that I stayed so long in the village was to get a better understanding of where I fit in the minds of the Thais. Well I have made it clear to them that I am not a walking ATM and they keep asking me back. I don't think I will ever fully understand how the Thais think about their farang and it is a work in progress. From reading the forums I am fully aware of the love crazed farangs who can be taken advantage of and seduced by a scheming boyfriend.

After six visits travelling thorugh Thailand my radar has become more fine tuned to working out who is my true friend and who is trying to get to my wallet. I have made some wonderful Thai friends that are as trustworthy as any good friend could be. That is not naive as the judgement has been made over a long period of time. You need to be careful in any society but even more so in a relatively poor country like Thailand.

Also It was not all dull in the village as we we went to the the Update and Dae Weng Deng discos in Korat which are as good as any venue in Thailand for a big night out. I also spent plenty of time with the late teenage guys drinking and chatting with them, there is so much eye candy in the villages. I reckon you could find some extra fun with some of the boys without too much prompting.

I enjoyed living with a Thai family and I will keep learning from the remarks and suggestions from the more experienced posters on this forum. Next visit I will enjoy the comfort of a nice, near to the village A/C hotel and some quality time with the boyfriend away from his family. It certainly is an interesting diversion away from the bright lights and bars of Bangkok and Pattaya. But not for too long !!!

anakot
January 31st, 2009, 06:23
Great post aussie_
I think you have a very balanced approach to the whole thing. All the best and remember to keep us posted.

Khor tose
January 31st, 2009, 12:33
Enjoyed reading your post, aussie, thanks. It shows a side of Thai life that few of us ever experience. Keep it up (and then post details!)

I really enjoyed your story aussie. Loved the details, and would like to suggest that pictures would also be a nice touch. Thanks again.

Dodger
January 31st, 2009, 19:30
aussie wrote:

I wanted to have a close view of what goes on in the village and what the people were really like and the only way was to stay there with the family.[quote:22mq43jc][/quote:22mq43jc]

I really appreciate this comment, as you and I seem to share some similar interests.

Understanding that some, if not most farangs, wouldn't be the least bit interested in experiencing this side of Thai culture, I enjoy these experiences to the max. I think you're absolutely correct, in the fact that the only way you're going to understand what they are really like is to spend time living amongst them. The alternative being, those who simply have no interest in learning about these things.

My first 3 years in Thailand were focused soley on work. During this period I interacted with Thai middle and upper class professionals, most of whom lived in nice homes or swanky apartments in-and-around the major cities. Liking them came easy, as they were (and are) a wonderful people with a strong sense of purpose and value. I always enjoyed hearing their individual stories about their family roots back in a remote village somewhere, while attempting to visualize what it must have really been like. I fell in love with their stories, and being a romantic at heart, knew that some day I would have to experience this for myself.

Since that time, I have gone on to visit many villages in various regions of LOS, spending anywhere from a few days - to my most recent adventure, where I lived for nearly 2-1/2 months in a remote village near the Thai/Cambodian border. The alternative to these experiences, for me anyway, would have been to spend all my time in Pattaya just bouncing from one gogo bar to the next - from one boy to the next - from one morning to the next, in that compulsive and routine cyclic existance that many farang seem to cultivate for themselves when in Thailand.

In all that I've learned about Thais and Thai culture, I'm left with the realization that I don't know much at all. I have, although, come to the understanding that the Thias, regardless of their social standing, view farangs, simply as farangs. I'm saying that because I believe that most farangs want to be viewed as being more important, or in some way more significant to the Thais, and this simply isn't the case. To the Thais, the Kingdom of Thailand is, without question, a place which stands above all other places, and will not, under any circumstances, be given away to anyone. Not even to the wealthiest of farang.

We (farang) can visit their villages, eat their food and have sex with their children, but we will never own any of it. They will gladly accept our financial offerings for any of these things, as we have proved to them that this is our only real asset. In this context, we are all doormats (Cats reference). The doors belonging to them.

aussie, I hope to hear more about your experiences, as I never hold back on sharing mine. And by-the-way, those shirtless teeage boys you see bouncing around the village are a great sight...aern't they ?

Life is an Adventure - not a Destiny !

joe552
February 1st, 2009, 03:13
dodger, I think you've got it exactly right. well said.

February 1st, 2009, 03:41
Thailand is a hierarchical society where everyone knows their own place as well as everyone else's. Consider that every family member has a word for their own role within the family, relative to everyone else. "Uncle" is expressed four different ways - brother of the father or brother of the mother, and then older or younger to that parent. Enter the outsider. How is he to be classified? He cannot be. Some other role must be found. There is a non-family role, outside the hierarchy - the patron. So the outsider should be a patron. At the lowest level this is "the walking ATM". Don't think for a moment you will ever belong here, as the Thais have no word for you except "Westerner" - in Thai "farang" - and no role for you except patron

Dodger
February 1st, 2009, 03:59
Well stated Homi...Seneca wasn't bad either.

Hmmm
February 1st, 2009, 07:16
... some, if not most farangs, wouldn't be the least bit interested in experiencing this side of Thai culture
To the Thais, the Kingdom of Thailand is, without question, a place which stands above all other places, and will not, under any ciorcumstances, be given away to anyone. Not even ther wealthiest of farang.

Ah yes, but they give away for a song what most (?) farang are primarily interested in. Ironic, isn't it ?

On a related note, the government this week decided to put the Thailand Elite Card out of its misery, after a history of huge loses, mis-management, and disinterest from farangs. The US$25,000 card that Thaksin predicted would be snapped up by 1 million 'high class' farang - to gain special 'privileges' of questionable value - has around 2500 owners. How many of them actually paid for the card is not revealed. And how they will be compensated for loss of their 'life-long' privileges is yet to be determined.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1 ... -abandoned (http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/136057/little-fancied-elite-card-is-abandoned)

aussie_
February 1st, 2009, 11:52
We may be patrons in Thai society and in many ways it is the same at home, nothing is free.

In my eight day stay in the village I probably learned that many people between the age of 20 and 60, especially men have at least some thoughts about what the farang can do to improve their lifestyle and others are pressing your buttons waiting for the cash to roll out.

The young kids and the old people did not seem to have any plots or plans for their patron although maybe the young ones are still in training and the old ones can't be bothered. It is easy to be cynical but I found the young kids are totally innocent and a joy to be around, for a short time at least. Most of the teenagers have never been outside the village, there is no internet and they are not corrupted by the outside world so I felt able to enjoy my time with them without anyone tryng to use me.

It always pays to be on guard but like Dodger I want to explore more of Thai culture and was happy to have a brief stay with the locals away from the go go bars and discos. And those shirtless boys are worth the trip alone as Dodger is well aware !!! Maybe we should be talent scouts for the bars as there is plenty of suitable boys available.

Interestingly the hottest shirtless guy in the village is also the kindest and nicest guy you could meet and never has asked for anything from the patron and I doubt if it is in his future planning either, just a great guy believe it or not.

The reason that I have returned to the village three times is that there are people of all ages that I see everytime I visit that treat me with great generosity in all ways with no percieved plan to empty my wallet. It would be sad if everyone was labelled as a user of the patron farang but I understand Dodgers and Hominterms wise comments and concerns and will not let my guard down too much.

Because of the economic downturn and low numbers of tourist I found a lot of desperation in all parts of Thailand that I visited and it spoils the trip a bit when you have to spend so much time thinking about who is trying to rip you off.

But wonderful Thailand has so much to offer that is not available at home that it is worth the effort.

February 2nd, 2009, 21:06
In all that I've learned about Thais and Thai culture, I'm left with the realization that I don't know much at all. I have, although, come to the understanding that the Thias, regardless of their social standing, view farangs, simply as farangs. I'm saying that because I believe that most farangs want to be viewed as being more important, or in some way more significant to the Thais, and this simply isn't the case. To the Thais, the Kingdom of Thailand is, without question, a place which stands above all other places, and will not, under any circumstances, be given away to anyone. Not even to the wealthiest of farang.

We (farang) can visit their villages, eat their food and have sex with their children, but we will never own any of it. They will gladly accept our financial offerings for any of these things, as we have proved to them that this is our only real asset.

Dodger, I could hardly agree more. I find it very difficult to imagine a "couple" with two more disparate partners than myself and my Thai partner in terms of background, family, education, "social standing", etc, yet in spite of all that the biggest difference between us is simply that he is Thai and I am a farang - something we have both accepted and which, consequently, is less important.

February 2nd, 2009, 22:18
What a wonderful report, don't worry about those guys who are like chasing there tails running around in a circle with there small pension budgets they really don't know what they are missing I often disappear to Surin as a guest of the Ice Cream boys on jomtien Beach, when I first went to there Village which actually is 70 k from Surin, you would never know there is any one living there unless you know where it is as a matter of fact when you do find the Village the house are quite well built from bricks and about a million Buffalo's,

well I once loved it so much with all the eye candy I was going to bye some land and build a house, but one night some bad guy came up to me drunk saying we will be dead quick if we move there as they will rob us of all we have as no police here to protect us, then they showed me a gun, I thought how Vulnerable we are here.

Well the fist thing that happened was a stunning young lad came up to me in front of his family saying do you love guys I said some times he then said I love a guy also well I nearly died but I forgot this town is built with money made from the gay Guyz on jomtien beach and once a German Guy left one boy 2 million baht and that is the reason all the Ice cream guys are from the same village I have seen them grow up over all the years I have been Cumming.

As a matter of fact I knew about 60 people in the village of about 600 from all the years, so many guys throw them self at you and there so called sr8 friends say can I cum back to Pattaya with you to make some money I say your far to young to go there or my Toyota 4 door Hilux Vigo Truck was full, but I can see the excitement of living in the Village but you really must have the village elders to protect you especially The borders of Cambodia where these live. What I did see was 3 dogs die from road accidents and I saw a man collecting dogs and giving a Bucket to kill them to east them they must kill them with pain so the adrenalin makes the meat taste sweet Yuk.

What I would ask you with all the wonderful dialog you have been drawing a picture for us, but it would be so amazing if you can tack pictures of all the actors in this story they all sound so good IтАЩm sure you would be a big hit on the forum.

Looking forward to the wonderful snap shot of your fabulous life and donтАЩt worry we all think our life has the edge but I think now after living in Thailand many years to live in a sweet shop and to be able to eat all the candy you want is not a good idea we are hunters and if the hunt is served on a plate the kill is not as good and you start trying to kill those around you even if its only with words.
\\PICTURES PLEASE///

aussie_
February 3rd, 2009, 14:01
Oh! Ok!

This guy impressed me with his ball skills at the village football game :bounce:

[attachment=1:2h4rys67]IMG_2273a.JPG[/attachment:2h4rys67]

[attachment=0:2h4rys67]IMG_2275a.JPG[/attachment:2h4rys67]

February 3rd, 2009, 15:27
... the boys just think the man is clueless and an easy ATM
machine who doesn't even expect sex from them if they can come up with
endless excuses and bullshit to keep the money flowing without any effort on
the boys part.

OMG, the password is bitter.

February 3rd, 2009, 15:37
Thanks for the story - and welcome, aussie_ :cheers: Nice to see some new folks here that are willing to share in a positive way. It somewhat balances out the ample supply of acerbic posts!

Here-Here and thank you Bao-Bao, it's like reading a bunch "devil's advocates" on here. I mean, we could argue that everyone wants to hear the good and bad of a trip, if you are writing for a travel magazine say. But some of the posts, as I've noted, are incredibly negative for no reason. What's wrong with saying to the guy who visits the village "good for you," as opposed to your bitter comment because you've been raped (metaphorically) so many times? Or maybe you are just bitter and life has a way of bringing you down?

February 3rd, 2009, 16:00
... some, if not most farangs, wouldn't be the least bit interested in experiencing this side of Thai culture
To the Thais, the Kingdom of Thailand is, without question, a place which stands above all other places, and will not, under any ciorcumstances, be given away to anyone. Not even ther wealthiest of farang.

Ah yes, but they give away for a song what most (?) farang are primarily interested in. Ironic, isn't it ?

On a related note, the government this week decided to put the Thailand Elite Card out of its misery, after a history of huge loses, mis-management, and disinterest from farangs. The US$25,000 card that Thaksin predicted would be snapped up by 1 million 'high class' farang - to gain special 'privileges' of questionable value - has around 2500 owners. How many of them actually paid for the card is not revealed. And how they will be compensated for loss of their 'life-long' privileges is yet to be determined.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1 ... -abandoned (http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/136057/little-fancied-elite-card-is-abandoned)

Most of the "farang" members of Thailand Elite were not "farang" at all. They were Japanese, Koreans, Chinese, Arabs, etc. Just a reminder that "farang" is not synonymous with "foreigner".

aussie_
February 7th, 2009, 11:52
I don't know why I went to the village to stay for a week. Rush's not so secret admirer CoffeeBreak has convinced me that I was foolish and the Thais will take all my money and use me till there is nothing left.

Who needs the peaceful life in the country, cultural experiences or meaningful relationships and friendships? I will spend the rest of my life in the go go bars and massage places of Thailand.

I do enjoy reading Rush's reports and CoffeeBreak provides some entertainment with his harsh comments. Both of them have made me ponder about my time in Thailand. Anyway, lets not take everything so seriously.

I will read everyones entries to the forum and we can all make our minds up about which and whose buttons they are trying to push.

[attachment=0:3bxr3p5u]village boy and booze.JPG[/attachment:3bxr3p5u]

DamienZ
February 10th, 2009, 06:02
Hi Aussie,
I'm not much of a poster yet, I kind of pick and choose. But the majority of the men here are really intelligent and the banter is plentiful.
But as most would say, whether you are paying or not, isn't it really about how short life is and what truly makes you happy-what makes your heart sing?
If your bliss today is in a rural village, go for it. :study:

aussie_
February 10th, 2009, 14:35
But the majority of the men here are really intelligent and the banter is plentiful.
But as most would say, whether you are paying or not, isn't it really about how short life is and what truly makes you happy-what makes your heart sing?

Thanks DamienZ, the variety of comments and information provided by the posters in this forum make it such a fascinating and interesting place to visit. Whatever the nature of the comments, they all make us ponder about ourselves and our experiences in Thailand.

When I first started to visit Thailand I never expected to become part of a family and a community that I am happy to call "my family" so far away from home in Australia. I also enjoy the bars and other entertainment throughout Thailand and have spent many enjoyable nights in the discos of Bangkok with my Thai friends.

After returning to farangland it makes me appreciate how happy I am when I am travelling around Thailand, whether it be the village or the bright lights of the city, it is all good for me.

Shuee
February 13th, 2009, 02:19
yes a great report ozzy, but you musnt leave me tortured like that & gaggin for more! especially without initial pics, more more & more pics pleaseeeeeeeeeeee