PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Statistics

January 4th, 2006, 22:17
There are currently 135 active and archived topics over at Gaybutton. Of those, 106 of them -- a whopping 78.5% -- were initiated by either GB himself or his "maven", Hedda.

Of these 106 topics, 60 of them (56.6%, for those who are keeping track) were so fascinating, intelligent, and useful that they received no response. Zero. Nil. Zilch. Zippo.

On average across the board, each GB topic received a whopping 2 responses, while the Maven fared a teeny bit better at 2.3 responses per topic. I did not bother to count how many of them were actually GB and the Maven responding to each other's posts.

Can anyone say "match made in heaven"?

Meanwhile, The Bog has gotten so unruly that Hedda has turned on "comment monitoring" -- meaning that all comments must be personally screened and approved by her before they show up.

As dear, departed Mr. Trink used to say, "any comment would be superfluous"...

bkkguy
January 4th, 2006, 23:34
was it Disraeli or Twain who said there are lies, damn lies and statistics?

looking at the last 10 (non-sticky) threads here and at GB the average number of responses per view was about 6% there but here the average was about 1.5% so should should we conclude that GB has a smaller but much more active and vibrant community than here?

bkkguy

GayThailand
January 4th, 2006, 23:41
Of these 106 topics, 60 of them (56.6%, for those who are keeping track) were so fascinating, intelligent, and useful that they received no response. Zero. Nil. Zilch. Zippo.

It is posts like these that not only stir up shit but they are not needed. Grow up Boy! We would all be much better served if the different personalities of the boards were more peaceful towards each other.

January 4th, 2006, 23:57
To all the above I say - "so what"? Why still this fascination with Hedda and with Gaybutton.

January 5th, 2006, 06:44
Gaythailand, i am very agree

catawampuscat
January 5th, 2006, 13:22
I have historically been a supporter of GB and his right to run his site the way he wants to..There have always been those who dislike GB style and maybe his personality and periodically like to zap him.. I think his teaming up with Hedda was inspired and certainly made his forum more interesting..
Gaybutton makes it very clear that his forum is basically an information board for those interested in Thailand and he is not interesting in how many responses he gets or doesn't get.. Since he also monitors much more strictly than the other boards, I find the quality is generally higher while the quantity is lower..Also many of the bitchy nasty self-serving and very boring responses on other sites are not allowed here...
I use all the gay Thailand related sites including CFS and am glad there is room for all of them and that each of them has it own personality and reason for being...

January 5th, 2006, 20:56
I am glad ... that each of them has it own personality and reason for being...
Apart from providing a platform for The Coven, what exactly is Gaybutton's Board's reason for being?

catawampuscat
January 5th, 2006, 21:16
No one has to give their reason for being to you or anyone else... Get off your high horse and stop obsessing with GB and Hedda..You can be so interesting and yet also so tedious with your constant stirring up of Hedda etal... New Year new start...

January 5th, 2006, 21:18
No one has to give their reason for being to you or anyone else...
Indeed you are correct - but you claim to have a reason and have told us so. Now you say that the reason is your own business and no-one else's. In that case, why bother telling us? My own reason for pursuing Hedda is well-known - I'm here for the laughs

elephantspike
January 5th, 2006, 22:52
I think Gay Thailand is easily acing the personal ads angle for the gay Thailand niche. From the look of the ads, they seem to have the most mixed clientele (Thai and foreign) of all the gay Thailand sites.

January 5th, 2006, 23:22
I not understand there are 3 forums, mostly have the same items, Way not separate in differences like a funny one , a serious one , and one for Hedda and mister Sydney ?

Brad the Impala
January 6th, 2006, 02:08
For mixed personal ad sites I would recommend Gaydar. They have over 1,000(the maximum to be displayed at one time) in Bangkok alone. The first 340 only get you to the letter C.

January 6th, 2006, 07:01
The first 340 only get you to the letter C.
I think it was boygeenyus who once remarked (elsewhere) that as far as Thai boys' names went (A, B, C ...) he was sleeping his way through the alphabet

January 6th, 2006, 12:59
B, you're ab-B-omnible.
C you're... Crappy lookin' Creep.
D you're Disgusting and,
E, Egotistical;
F, you're a Freaky lookin' Freak.
G you look Gas-ta-ly.....

The first 340 only get you to the letter C.
I think it was boygeenyus who once remarked (elsewhere) that as far as Thai boys' names went (A, B, C ...) he was sleeping his way through the alphabet

I said it long before BG ever showed up.
I also went through the Greek Alphabet...several times.
Had a bit of a problem finding an H.... Well, you know the great Thai-grapevine: when they heard I'd landed in Bangkok they'd get the H out of town!

I suppose names are useful; when you like to keep your nums straight, but I prefer my vice...versa. :? (How's that for an, irony button?)