View Full Version : They want to keep it a gay secret from you?

January 25th, 2009, 19:12
A gay secret from many of you? the Sticky Rice Queens that is dont want you to know. its where all the best boys are.:(

Did you know there is a secret gay world many Thais ask me not to mention, no one reads this so here goes:(

Blue Club
2/F 3161 Ramkhamhaeng Rd (between Soi 81 and Soi 83), 02-732-2360. Thai-Thai music pub.
Club Love Remix
Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 02-378-4345. Thai-Thai club popular with young gays and university students.
Crazy Dance Party House
Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 089-444-9669. Thai-Thai club. Young crowd, lots of university students.
Door Dance Pub
The Beach Residence, 159 Ratchadapisek Soi 19, 02-691-5980. Located between the Suthisarn and Ratchada Subway Stations. Part of the sprawling Beach complex. Thai-style music pub, but reported to be friendly for visitors.
E-Male
62-64 Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24, 02-319-6772. Local style Thai country music pub featuring drag, lip-sync, cabaret, fashion and handsome man shows. Local crowd.
Finalle
Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 081-503-5398. Late night gay spot for the young Thai-Thai crowd. Cabaret shows.
Gay Town
02-314-4864 ext. 1, 081-268-7930. Another Ramkhamhaeng in-your-face homo hangout.
ICK
Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 081-442-9472. Thai style disco-pub attracting a local and student crowd late at night.
MTV Remix
Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24, 02-319-8340. Another Thai-style club attracting locals and university students.
Zee's Zone
Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 086-733-8273. Another Thai-style club attracting locals and university students.
Zingy
Kamphangphet Rd, Chatuchak (behind Mogue), 081-313-6543. Thai-Thai music club.
Maa See Kaa II
2 Ramkamhaeng Soi 18 (near Ramkamhaeng University), 02-319-8248. Gay anthems to dance to, shows, model contests. Super popular with young Thai gays.
MTV Remix
Ramkamhaeng Soi 24, 02-319-8340. One of the many little gay venues opening near Ramkhamhaeng University. Expect very Thai style entertainment, young crowd, pop beats and Thai conversation (if you can even hear each other). Lerrrttt khaaa! (faaabulous).

January 25th, 2009, 20:00
Yes may be they are on some sites, but very few farangs know them and I never see any in these bars ever?

So its a secret, as I said, may be not to all but the majority of guys don't know, I bet you have not been to any of them but you only want to point out you know of them now we all know?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Dont worry! Im keeping my eye out for you, for any good Infomation I dare tell you?

bigben
January 25th, 2009, 20:21
Thanks Cock....

I didn't know specifically about some of these places but knew they were around.

I bet the drink prices are a hell of a lot cheaper than farang oriented fun venues. :rr:

No way a Thai student would pay for 3 or 4 glasses of soda water/coke/beer at 130 baht a pop when they go out for fun. :drunken:

January 25th, 2009, 20:34
Yes of course its only when greedy farangs get involed, they Rob you, not in Thai world no one would visit , there again we are stupid to pay it?

TrongpaiExpat
January 25th, 2009, 22:18
Nothing too secret about these places, many of these places are listed on both Thai and English language gay websites.

It's a cut and paste job without the reference. Some things never change.

January 25th, 2009, 22:22
Yes may be they are on some sites, but very few farangs know them and I never see any in these bars ever?

So its a secret, as I said, may be not to all but the majority of guys don't know, I bet you have not been to any of them but you only want to point out you know of them now we all know?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Dont worry! Im keeping my eye out for you, for any good Infomation I dare tell you?

Thanks for posting these.

Have you visited any of these venues? If so, did you feel welcome or unwelcome? Smiles or stares? Shits and giggles?
Are you planning on going back or exploring other Thai bars?

I went to a Thai disco once upon a time and I'm not sure why I was being stared at. Perhaps because I was not Thai or maybe because I was tall or over 40. It was fun though, a pleasant step away from the commercial scene.

January 25th, 2009, 22:56
For the most part farang who visit these places will not find them much fun. A large percentage of the customers are looking for each other or have a different idea of a fun night out from most farang. By all means go and see how the land lies. The Thais will be a lot more polite than you'd find in some parts of Asia e.g. Japan, where you might see a note on the door saying non-Japanese should not enter.

I have to say that I know some orientals in London who don't like to divert from their regular haunts as they are invariably ignored by the guys they most like the look of.

January 25th, 2009, 22:56
we went through all this before not long ago ratchda-soi-8-t16780-15.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/ratchda-soi-8-t16780-15.html)

hardly being kept a secret

Khor tose
January 26th, 2009, 06:06
A gay secret from many of you? the Sticky Rice Queens that is dont want you to know. its where all the best boys are.:(
Did you know there is a secret gay world many Thais ask me not to mention, no one reads this so here goes:(

I loved ICK and went there twice with my Thai BF. However, if I had not been with my BF and his Bangkok friend they would have made me off a waiter to get in. I really appreciate you posting this list, but how about some further information on how friendly these clubs are if you arrive alone. What are the drinks, cover, off fees. I would really appreciate knowing anything you would be willing to share, and thank you again.

catawampuscat
January 26th, 2009, 10:31
Maybe I am losing it, but I enjoy lmlu info on the little
known places and scenes. Sure, they are listed but few
go and even fewer report back.
I am not even a critic of the cut and paste technique.
It is a way of being factual rather than the posts where guys don't remember the name of the place or where it is. Next to the Family Mart or 7-11 is useless info. :cat:
I come to this forum to learn and find out what is happening and as long as posters inform us, I have no problem. I even agree with the thread title and think this scene is not set up for the average over the hill farang, like commercial BKK scene with the over priced drinks.. :cat:

RichLB
January 26th, 2009, 10:40
Hey, how about some applause for this post instead of brickbats. I've lived in Thailand for 10 years and asked countless Thai and farang where gay Thais go to meet other non-moneyboy Thais. I've not found one who knew the answer. Maybe this is old news to some of you, but it sure wasn't to me. Thanks for making this post and giving an answer to the often asked question of mine.

kjun12
January 26th, 2009, 12:18
Thanks Cock. Very interesting information.

Brad the Impala
January 26th, 2009, 15:07
Hey, how about some applause for this post instead of brickbats. I've lived in Thailand for 10 years and asked countless Thai and farang where gay Thais go to meet other non-moneyboy Thais. I've not found one who knew the answer.

Never to have heard of the Rachada or Ramkamhaeng gay venues, after ten years of enquiring, is quite an achievment! Had you heard that there are gay bars in Pattaya?

January 26th, 2009, 15:18
I was thinking the same thing. I was able to stumble onto them within a few days on my first visit.

Hmmm
January 26th, 2009, 16:09
Interesting information indeed. So much so that Utopia has seen fit to have exactly the same information, verbatim in fact, on their site ... as do several other sites.

What's with the apparently long-standing aversion to attributing the source of information, or did they pinch it from you cocky ?

A reader could be forgiven for assuming from your post that you have been to these places and that the above are your impressions. Is that a false assumption ?

http://www.utopia-asia.com/bangbars.htm
See under:
OUTSIDE CITY CENTER -- Ramkhamhaeng University, Chatuchak, Ratchadapisek, etc.

Dodger
January 26th, 2009, 17:34
I spent an entire holiday once traveling around LOS with a university student from the province of Uttaradit who had a slew of friends attending school in Bangkok. During our visit to Bangkok, he took me to several of these venues, including, (if my Singha drenched memory serves me) Crazy Dance Party and MTV Remix, amongst a few others within staggering distance.

I don't recall ever seeing another farang in any of these establishments, which suited me fine. I remember enjoying the music a lot...loud...good speaker systems...and even a mix of classical rock, western pop, and R&B, which I was a little shocked to hear. A great relief from that bubble gum crap and Isaan mumbo-jumbo I was used to hearing in Pattaya.

Some of the standing type tables were filled with couples who seemed content just focusing within their own little clicks, although, there were plenty of boys who were eager to mix with the crowd and offered very friendly smiles. I always returned to the hotel with a few crumpled up mobile numbers scruntched in the bottom of my jeans pocket, and sometimes wished that I wasn't strapped with a date by my side during my visits to these places.

Also, I remember being a little shocked at some of the ages. The majority appeared to be in the 18-25 y/o bracket, although I saw boys who appeared a bit younger, who, by-the-way, and ironic as this is going to sound, offered the friendliest smiles whilst visiting our table.

Unlike the karaokes and dance clubs in-and-around the working scene, I don't think I would have enjoyed any of these places if I had walked in alone. It's best to make your first visit with a boy by your side, get a few mobile numbers, and progress from there, but for Gods sake, leave your starched pants and golf shirt at home. Just throw on a pair of droopy cargo pants or blue jeans and an old concert t shirt (preferably with a marijuana logo), and don't hold your ears every time the music's blasting, and you may have a great time.

mai pen rai

kjun12
January 26th, 2009, 20:04
Perhaps he is like many of us and could not care less what is in Pattaya!

x in pattaya
January 26th, 2009, 20:40
I've lived in Thailand for 10 years and asked countless Thai and farang where gay Thais go to meet other non-moneyboy Thais. I've not found one who knew the answer.

I find that hard to believe. For some reason they may have chosen not to tell you, but to suggest they are all unaware beggars belief.

Even in Pattaya there are Thai venues rarely visited by farang, some of which a Thai friend assures me have "late night shows" of the type one would only expect to find in Bangkok.

I was invited along once, but declined. In similar situations, all the Thais at a table want to gossip and natter about all the local "scandals" big & small, which means if you're the sole farang, you'll either be ignored or an uncomfortable, generally unsuccessful attempt will be made to include you. If Thais want a place to be amongst themselves and if the employees prefer that sort of place as opposed to a tourist venue, why not leave them to it? The occasional farang visitor may not matter, but beyond that it will change the nature of the place into another tourist venue. If for some reason a place seems attractive because it is only patronized by Thais, then trucking in a load of farang is self-defeating.

I got the impression that offing still takes place, presumably by older and/or wealthier Thais who would never step into a bar in Boyztown, Sunnee or Soi Twilight.

x in pattaya
January 26th, 2009, 20:48
Perhaps he is like many of us and could not care less what is in Pattaya!

Oh go on. I bet if you tried real hard, you could care less.

TrongpaiExpat
January 26th, 2009, 21:28
Interesting information indeed. So much so that Utopia has seen fit to have exactly the same information, verbatim in fact, on their site ... as do several other sites.

http://www.utopia-asia.com/bangbars.htm
See under:
OUTSIDE CITY CENTER -- Ramkhamhaeng University, Chatuchak, Ratchadapisek, etc.

Utopia gets out of date.
Max Magazine and Variety are good to get the latest promotions on these off Silom venues. Spice and Thai Puan cover the more farang orientated venues. ICK, Ramkhamheang, however, is running a full page add in Thai Puan this month in English with the by-line "a place to meet new friends" "Coyoty boys, cabaret and jojo dominance"--what ever that is?

January 27th, 2009, 20:02
we went through all this before not long ago ratchda-soi-8-t16780-15.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/ratchda-soi-8-t16780-15.html)

hardly being kept a secret

As my House is very near the Gay Ramkhamheang, Bars and Music Clubs, and I have been very lucky to be going there with guys who also Cruise my local Bang Kapi Mall and Tesco/Lotus, I have met,, guys who were going to visit there friends in these bars and have taken me there, many have very handsome the Coyote boys, who are very handsome and of course you can off them many are like Dudes and X-RAY with Guys cruising around the audience and they love to see a farang if you dont have any hang-ups. Obviously i do not know the Names of all the Bars and clubs and Music Pups so i do my home work and bring you the latest up dates possible do you ever see the negatives amongst us giving you any Info about anything Noooooooooo of course not.

So they make you most welcome, but as I said you always get about 45% sticky Rice queens, who dont you want to prey on there turf, and some time can give you the eye to leave the guy who they are all over alone, but the boy lets you know hes not really Interested in him,and want to tease with you and if your lucky hes yours, its like being a teenager yourself, but just ignore the stick rice queen shes at it all the time, , because they are jealous over the fact you can take the cream of the crop ,they can get for next to nothing and you can get them for free, yes free, even at my tender age 46 going on past 56 because as the boys tell me ,Thais think your old, if you have white hair, apart form that they mostly think we are all around 45 so go and touch your hair up dears, with "Excellence Cream" or "just for men" complete cover, or do like some Brave Catty guys do, shave it all off, then they will never know your really an ancient ship wreck in reality, fortunately my hair is a very nearly natural 'Autumn Gold" a bit of advise is dont do black, always go with some blond, its much more gentle on your looks: joker:

I've had 9 more emails and P.Ms going on about people who try to bring me down, but as I say, I dont mind back biters, as a matter of fact, some of the guys who do it, at least have something positive to say and I find the positive far more fun, than boring negatives people, so I just keep on churning out the Information and I know the" know it alls" will keep telling people they know it all? :argue:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Dont Worry, Ill keep my eye out, to bring you all the Info I dare to tell you is going on?

Brad the Impala
January 27th, 2009, 21:49

Blue Club
2/F 3161 Ramkhamhaeng Rd (between Soi 81 and Soi 83), 02-732-2360. Thai-Thai music pub.
Club Love Remix
Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 02-378-4345. Thai-Thai club popular with young gays and university students.
Crazy Dance Party House
Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 089-444-9669. Thai-Thai club. Young crowd, lots of university students.
Door Dance Pub
The Beach Residence, 159 Ratchadapisek Soi 19, 02-691-5980. Located between the Suthisarn and Ratchada Subway Stations. Part of the sprawling Beach complex. Thai-style music pub, but reported to be friendly for visitors.
E-Male
62-64 Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24, 02-319-6772. Local style Thai country music pub featuring drag, lip-sync, cabaret, fashion and handsome man shows. Local crowd.
Finalle
Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 081-503-5398. Late night gay spot for the young Thai-Thai crowd. Cabaret shows.
Gay Town
02-314-4864 ext. 1, 081-268-7930. Another Ramkhamhaeng in-your-face homo hangout.
ICK
Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 081-442-9472. Thai style disco-pub attracting a local and student crowd late at night.
MTV Remix
Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24, 02-319-8340. Another Thai-style club attracting locals and university students.
Zee's Zone
Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 086-733-8273. Another Thai-style club attracting locals and university students.
Zingy
Maa See Kaa II
2 Ramkamhaeng Soi 18 (near Ramkamhaeng University), 02-319-8248. Gay anthems to dance to, shows, model contests. Super popular with young Thai gays.
MTV Remix
Ramkamhaeng Soi 24, 02-319-8340. One of the many little gay venues opening near Ramkhamhaeng University. Expect very Thai style entertainment, young crowd, pop beats and Thai conversation (if you can even hear each other). Lerrrttt khaaa! (faaabulous).

As others have pointed out this post is a pure cut and paste job from Utopia, which posted:

Blue Club
Club Love Remix
Crazy Dance Party House
Door Dance Pub
E-Male
Finalle
Gay Town
ICK
MTV Remix
Zee's Zone
Zingy

Now you tell us that you live next door to, and regularly party at these clubs, but strangely you didn't have a singular personal comment on any of these venues! Merely the unattributed cut and paste job from Utopia.

Cue an interjection from the other member of the Lunch and Jaidee puppet show!

[url=http://www.utopia-asia.com/bangbars.htm/url]

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 27th, 2009, 21:55
Nothing too secret about these places, many of these places are listed on both Thai and English language gay websites.

It's a cut and paste job without the reference. Some things never change.

oh phuelease..let's not start another great scandal again-like when the Lunch Monitor From Hell-the Great She Witch Hedda got her knickers in a twist.

If anything-it will be a cut and paste from a cut and paste. The day I see esomething original on here or anywhere else I'll eat Homintern's hat.

take it for what it is..fucking useful information.
:cheers:

January 27th, 2009, 21:59
It may be useful, but it is definitely no secret and no one is trying to keep it from anyone. Why would anyone say that?

kjun12
January 27th, 2009, 22:07
Hey Cockalicky old boy, Good for you. Don't let these nasty queens, who apparently have nothing to do but try to bring others down, get to you. Once again, I thank you for providing useful information.

Brad the Impala
January 27th, 2009, 23:28
Cue an interjection from the other member of the Lunch and Jaidee puppet show!

Right on cue Mr Punch, and so promptly too!

Mr Cajun12, presuming the same puppeteer's hand are not up your skirts too, if Mr Judy's reason for posting had been purely to inform he could have just presented the cut and paste as he did, and given credit to the actual compilers and publishers of the information, in this case Utopia.

Instead he used their information listing to self promote himself as someone who knew the places that no one else did, and graciously and condescendingly he would let us in on this privileged and secret information!

A pattern of behaviour with which Earwig/LMTU/Cockalicky etc etc has long been associated, and which has contributed to him being banned from several Gay Thailand forums.

Surely with his privileged, positive and plagiarised postings, Pattaya Passion is the perfect place for him?

pong
January 29th, 2009, 11:39
I now sit in a webshop in ABAC-it cost 10 bt/hr.
AFAIK-but I can ask this cutey deskboy here-ICK has closed years years ago. anyway, these places change names/owner at an alarming rate-by the week. RamKamHaeng here=Ram1 (there is also Ram 2-way out near the new airport) is the major uni-area. Its about 1 hr in good traffic away from Silom with no BTS nearby-nor coming. a site like thailandscene.com is IMHO better at keeping uptodate with listings etc-and even then dont expect them to be 100 or even 90% correct. They are in 2 clusters-in ABAC and near a private soi near LamSalee crossing=near Bangkapi, a major regional centre.
Oh, its after 12.0o-that cutey has ended shift and there is now a fat but nice girl.

January 29th, 2009, 17:24
The area sounds like fun. One big question though: How to get there from the Silom area? Sounds like a long ride. Also how to get back to the Silom area? Would you advise staying a few nights at the Beach Residence. Im a middle aged white guy. Would the younger crowd be annoyed at my preence? Thanks for your feedback.

Hmmm
January 30th, 2009, 17:55
Your can get from Silom to the Ramkamhaeng area by taxi of course, expect around 100 baht.

Otherwise there's the A/C bus from SIlom to Phetburi Rd and then change to the bus to Ramkamhaeng . Anyone contemplating bus travel in BKK will find the 50 baht bus map available from many bookstores to be indispensible. It's also one of the best and cheapest maps of BKK full stop.

Finally, most Thais would get from Silom to Ramkamhaeng on the klong boat (Klong Saen Saep). Also on Phetburi Rd, near Central World Plaza / Big C. Keep very clear of the water though. Goes all the way to the Mall Bangkapi.

There are a number of decent hotels in the area. I always stayed at the Chaleena when the bf was studying at Rham U. Farang rate was around 1200, but when he booked it was always 600 for the same rooms (4th floor if I recall). Some rooms a little tired, and some better than others.

The Ramkamhaeng area is a bit like a university town. Large numbers of 18-22 year olds. Very few farang.

Farang-suitable Thai food is a bit thin in this area. Mostly street food. But The Mall Bangkapi and The Mall Ramkamhaeng and Big C all have passable food courts. Plus the usual KFC, Pizza Co etc.

All in all, best explored with a Thai friend / guide.

Unfortunately I know little of the gay life in this area, as I am on a tight leash.

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 30th, 2009, 18:34
"A pattern of behaviour with which Earwig/LMTU/Cockalicky etc etc has long been associated, and which has contributed to him being banned from several Gay Thailand forums."

He must be doing something right then !

"Surely with his privileged, positive and plagiarised postings, Pattaya Passion is the perfect place for him?"

my dear you must not tie yourslf up in knots with big words like plaigarism when you don't know the meaning..this is a message board..not a forum of original prose. Otherwise your life surfing the net will be one of pure hell.

(ps: what is a"privileged" posting "? :scratch: )

"why would anyone say that".. because I can you saucy beach bunny.

January 31st, 2009, 08:59
The day I see esomething original on here or anywhere else I'll eat Homintern's hat.If you think you're going to get out of buying me lunch next week with that sort of statement, Doris, you're off with all the other airheads and beach bunnies on here

aussie_
January 31st, 2009, 11:23
Back on to the subject of this post.

When I visit Bangkok I have been to - ICK Pub - G Star - Welcome - Z2 and other discos at Lamsalee and Ratchada with my Thai friends. I doubt if I would go alone but then again from what I have seen there are guys available, I have had some try and hook up with me but they were probably students looking for some cash.

If you can find your way to the crowded toliet there will be a few guys looking around out of curiosity to see a farang cock and there are plenty who would like to try it. It doesn't hurt to be friendly, click some glasses and you may be invited to join a table but never impose yourself on the Thais in these places. If you can get a guys number and arrange something after it is probably the best way to score a new friend.

The music and atmosphere at the Thai discos is great and make DJ Station look fairly average. Give me a Thai style disco anytime although I did have a great time at G.O.D recently. It is good to escape from Silom ocassionally and discover the non farang gay entertainment areas. Saphan Kwai is another area worth a visit, plenty of discos and bars out that way near the BTS.

There really are some secret places in Bangkok as I have been taken to buildings out near Ratchada which looked empty from the outside, we passed through at least two sections of security guards, up an elevator and found ourselves in a room fully decked out as a disco full of guys partying. It made me think about what the richer gay Thais avail themselves of as I am sure they have their own Thai only sex clubs and entertainment venues that we will never hear of or see. There are many gay guys out in the rural areas, where do they hook up for fun and sex? There is so much more to learn about gay life in Thailand.

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 31st, 2009, 11:41
"There is so much more to learn about gay life in Thailand."

there always is when everything is not out in the open..a place is far more fun.

It's one of my beefs against gay "liberation" and gay marriage and other such nonsense. I mean who ever wanted to be accepted by the great unwashed anyway ?

It's why I curse the days when some members on here, who I will not name, embraced the liberation movement.

The Colonel for instance..drummed out of the Catering Corp for appearing in a sequinned powder blue uniform with matching boa and sling backs. It was just a step and jump from there to that rediculous Gay Mardi Gras in Sydney where every tawdry drag queen thinks she's star for the night, and then lo & behold, the local constabulary start maching in support...until you finally realise the drag queens and police are one and the same thing.

Or Homitern, an admitted cottager from an early age and proud of it ! But does he tell the real story ?..of how he wandered from dirty bog to dunny, in a pink tu tu, his fat little legs trying to entice some poor closeted and married businesman into an illicit assignation ?. and thus have his full details revealled in the local rag, busted under the headline "Cottage Spice" ?..Never. It's folks like him who have spoiled it.

Back to the closet I say..when it was fun.

February 1st, 2009, 10:47
Surely with his privileged, positive and plagiarised postings, Pattaya Passion is the perfect place for him?

speaking of ignorant brad, you are it. pattaya passion always makes sure to write a refrence to any article taken from another source. if you actaully read this board you would know that. but i guess thats not as fun as lying about something you know nothing about.

February 1st, 2009, 10:51
i guess thats not as fun as lying about something you know nothing about.Nothing is more fun than that!