PDA

View Full Version : Request info re: Pattaya Marriott

March 28th, 2006, 00:07
I'm planning trip to Pattaya in early July, and am thinking about staying at the Pattaya Marriott. Any feedback? Any problems bringing back "new friends" from the Bars for the night? Also any recomendations the least expensive way to book this property(i.e. through travel agent, asia rooms, etc.) Also any alternative hotel recomedations? Sorry so many questions, any assistance would be appreciated.

March 28th, 2006, 01:35
I can't for the life of me guess why anyone would want to come to Thailand and stay in a Western Chain hotel? Unless one prefers to pay Western room rates! There are many independently owned hotels which are much nicer and cheaper. Do a "search" on here to find recommendations..

Mi Cow Chai-old
March 28th, 2006, 03:00
Firends have told me the Pattaya Marriott is not Gay friendly.

pandorasbox-old
March 28th, 2006, 03:44
Friends of mine stayed there in Feb 2006.

Not very gay friendly. A few older male tourists with very young Thai girls.

Also a large number of very loud Russians and I don't just mean their dress sense.

I would try a different hotel!

wowpow
March 28th, 2006, 07:49
Well nearly, if not all the hotels in Thailand are Western style with occasional Thai touches. The hotel is presumably Thai owned and Marriot operated - it used be the Royal Garden Hotel. After Marriot took over the place they doubled the tariff and started charging "joiner's fees" of By400 and the occupancy went up! That's their strength. It was the only Marriot in the World to make joiner's fee charges. The enforcement was erratic. I have never heard of it being gay unfriendly other than the joiner's thing.

It's strengths are that it is a well run comfortable 4* hotel in a great location for nightlife and if you have loyalty points maybe you stay very cheaply.
http://marriott.com.au/Channels/globalS ... e/AU/PYXMC (http://marriott.com.au/Channels/globalSites/propertypage/AU/PYXMC)

P S Marriot website guarentees lowest rate

bing
March 28th, 2006, 10:42
You raise a good question about where to stay. If this is your first time. Don't piss around with gay friendly or whatever, go to Ambiance or Cafe Royal, they are ground zero for first time guys. You will be well taken care of and enjoy all you time in the city. On your next time you can branch out to other places you can research while enjoying the city.