PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Passion prepares to unveil тАЬPhase TwoтАЭ website

January 22nd, 2009, 10:56
On February 5, 2009, Pattaya Passion will re-launch its newly designed informational website and message forum. The fully integrated site will offer many more features than the original version and will offer users a truly interactive experience while providing useful information about Gay Pattaya life! The new message forum is a different format from any of the other gay Thailand forums and boasts many unique features with easy to use options! Pattaya Passion Phase Two will be housed at the same url as the current main website.

Please stop by and see why Pattaya Passion is indeed тАЬThe InsiderтАЩs Guide To Gay Pattaya!тАЭ

Brad the Impala
January 22nd, 2009, 15:17
Of course it is a virgin poster who just happens to have all this information!

x in pattaya
January 22nd, 2009, 17:00
Of course it is a virgin poster who just happens to have all this information!

Mock if you will, but you have to admit they're providing a vital, indepth, up-to-the-minute service:

The Passion Patrol is a volunteer team of Pattaya residents who
frequent gay establishments in the area. The primary purpose of
the Passion Patrol is to continually supply the board with up-to-date
venue contact information as well as anecdotal accounts of their
experiences

I've randomly chosen some of the most recent reports. Obviously a lot of thought went into these reports. It's hard to imagine how many hours were spent researching by the volunteer team!

"Small bar with BIG boys!"
-- July, 2008

"Great selection of boys, awesome cabaret show -- a Pattaya institution!"
-- July, 2008

One of the older, more-established bars in Pattayaland."
-- July, 2008

An upstairs go-go with a large selection of different types. Friendly mammasan."
-- July, 2008

January 22nd, 2009, 20:09
as i understand it the new board wont have that feature. there will be no reviews only up to date information, photos, calendars, news and maps. and ofcourse the new message forum which im sure will be a big improvement. the owners always said that pattayapassion.com was a work in progress. i personally cant wait to see the new site.

January 22nd, 2009, 21:29
I am a virgin under this handle yes. I posted under this handle as that is my handle on Pattaya Passion. This post was for information purposes, as it is on other forums.

Don't judge Phase 2 based on phase 1

x in pattaya
January 22nd, 2009, 22:03
i personally cant wait to see the new site.

Possibly we could form an ad hoc support group to help you get through this. I'm in an anticipatory frenzy myself. :clown: I'm coping by maintaining a facade of indifference.

bao-bao
January 22nd, 2009, 22:15
The fully integrated site will offer many more features than the original version and will offer users a truly interactive experience while providing useful information about Gay Pattaya life! The new message forum is a different format from any of the other gay Thailand forums and boasts many unique features with easy to use options!
It really doesn't matter what a site looks like or what features are used... it's the content that has the power to either draw or drive away traffic... and revenue-producing is the object for the PP folks, I would guess.

If you're going to start what is essentially a redundant site (how many forums on gay Thailand does the world really need, anyway?) it must be for ad traffic; and while I don't begrudge anyone that opportunity it's bound to fail if the content isn't compelling. From what I saw there myself on a couple of visits and from comments folks have made, it doesn't meet the criteria so far.

I wish them luck, but I also hope they don't begin using SGT as another place to post thinly-veiled promotional items under the guise of "participating" here, as others have. That's SO cheap.

quiet1
January 23rd, 2009, 04:56
I am a virgin under this handle yes. I posted under this handle as that is my handle on Pattaya Passion. This post was for information purposes, as it is on other forums.

Don't judge Phase 2 based on phase 1
When I read your handle, I thought: "What a brilliant scheme for multi-handled (hydra) participants to use, and not to stop at using the day of week they joined, but expanding to using the date they joined as a handle! We could soon see new comments: Welcome to our newest members: 23January2009 and 24January2009!" Oh, wait. That would limit someone to adding only one new alias per day. Never mind. :-)

ceejay
January 23rd, 2009, 06:14
Oh, wait. That would limit someone to adding only one new alias per day. Never mind.

By no means - you could use the Buddhist calendar, the Mayan, date youself from the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem - the possibilities are limitless :sunny:

Wesley
January 23rd, 2009, 07:49
In defense an apologetic post on PP.

If you honestly take a look its not nearly as bad as it seems. The moderators are kind allow you to post politely and disagree with respect. I honestly look forward to a new format. the other was a bit hard to follow. \If there is a problem I would say its the lack of ability to look over the form with out signing in. You have to be a member which means if you want to post where the most people can view it as guests you go to TT and SGT. If I leave a post and then list a URL here you have to join. for me that was a problem on a recent post. I did a lot if work on the post but not everyone was allowed to view unless you join. that is a big hiccup for me. I had mentioned that I would wait to post the some on these forums. however when I learned no one could view with out joining I posted after a day on other forums. Also if you do happens to post a good post with research involved you are thanked for the effort. its, polite to new comers and a bit over moderated at times I think. The Unique things about SGT is unless you really screw up you are left to post. BG makes it on in one way or another. He is allowed to post for a while until he gets on his beat a ped dead horse beating. He like me on the Ambiance Cat on smoke and him on peds are well known, no one has to guess what you think about these. Thus only occasionally should they be repeated, me included.

Wes

Smiles
January 23rd, 2009, 10:56
'Saturday' is a Moderator of Pattaya Passion and as such I guess I think it's totally reasonable to expect him to post a messsage regarding the change in scenery on that Board.
In fact, Saturday is the only Mod there (of many) who has even a smidgen of a Cosmic Giggle, or any knowledge of irony in general for that matter. The rest of them are too busy coating their bodies liberally in a sugary-happy-niceness glop every morning before logging in.

'Smiles' has already been banned there for being, shall we say, less than nice, and I'm sure I can get my new handle there ('Nicethaiguy') booted out in a fraction of a second without putting in too much effort.

But I have to ask Saturday ... will Phase 2 be 'nicer' than Phase 1?

Cheers ...

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 23rd, 2009, 15:56
oh come on..the more the merrier ! :cheers:

fancy banning Smiles though! :pale:

January 23rd, 2009, 17:34

for sure! and it will be just as nice not having you there, smiles. been banned from any other boards lateloy?

x in pattaya
January 23rd, 2009, 17:45

for sure! and it will be just as nice not having you there, smiles. been banned from any other boards lateloy?

As Groucho Marx once said:"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members but rejects Smiles." If you're going to restrict posters to only those who act nice-nice to one another and share a common perspective on life, why not just call it Mr.Roger's Neighborhood, get Pinky Lee to host it and be done with it.

It sounds like a perfect place for people like Brandon and others in need of protection from the slings & arrows of outrageous fortune.Just post the handicapped parking signs and watch the membership grow.

I'm sure I can get my new handle there ('Nicethaiguy') booted out in a fraction of a second without putting in too much effort.

Well, "Nice Thai Guy" may be a stretch, but I suspect it has a short shelf life anyway.

January 23rd, 2009, 18:03
It sounds like a perfect place for people like Brandon and others in need of protection from the slings & arrows of outrageous fortune.

exactly. now you are learning.

Khor tose
January 23rd, 2009, 18:34
As Groucho Marx once said:"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members but rejects Smiles." If you're going to restrict posters to only those who act nice-nice to one another and share a common perspective on life, why not just call it Mr.Roger's Neighborhood, get Pinky Lee to host it and be done with it.
It sounds like a perfect place for people like Brandon and others in need of protection from the slings & arrows of outrageous fortune.Just post the handicapped parking signs and watch the membership grow.

I'm sure I can get my new handle there ('Nicethaiguy') booted out in a fraction of a second without putting in too much effort.
Well, "Nice Thai Guy" may be a stretch, but I suspect it has a short shelf life anyway.

Alf, Saturday, with all due respect, this is a perfect example of the type of post that is funny and well worth reading. It is full of humor and irony and a joy to read. It does not matter if you agree with the sentiment, it is very good writting and conveys a strong message under that irony. This is the type of post that is not allowed on your website and should be allowed. It is because this type of post is not allowed you get the super sweet, no content, sugery reputation. As I discussed once with Alf, to be super sweet and unctious all the time is not exactly human or reality. Your board needs to lighten up---I mean what are you scared of?

Bob
January 24th, 2009, 03:44

My god (or buddha, if you prefer), X, you've raised from the dead the infamous Pinky Lee! You're showing your age.

Googled and am ripping the following photo from the Pinky Lee website:

http://tcbob.smugmug.com/photos/460273113_rnZda-M.jpg

Take a look at that mug! And, come to think of it, is Shirley MacLaine right and Pinky was reborn as, of all persons, Pee Wee Herman??? A bit of resemblance there.

x in pattaya
January 24th, 2009, 07:18
Wow, he's more frightening than I remembered. Interestingly, I think I saw someone wearing the same outfit mincing down Soi 17 in Pattaya a few weeks ago.

Smiles
January 24th, 2009, 16:47
" ... More hype about a website that is very little different from all the other gay thailand websites ... "
Actually not quite. Addressing the Message Board element of PP only ... Pattaya Passion is different in a two important ways (and I fully concede they have a perfect right to be if that's the way they want it): (1) The message board is closed to those who do not register. No other gay Thailand Board I'm aware of can be proud of such exclusivity. And (2) The Board policy is so restrictive regarding posts that an iota of 'negativity' (i.e. 'negativity' as defined by the Admin and Mods) will get your post edited and/or deleted, and your handle will come under a form of 'Ban Watch' ... which takes very little crime to trigger.

Pattaya Passion is a club, rather than a bone fide message board ... in my opinion of course.

Cheers ...

Khor tose
January 24th, 2009, 16:56
Pattaya Passion is a club, rather than a bone fide message board ... in my opinion of course.
Cheers ...

I never looked at it that way, but now that you brought it up I have to agree. That is a very good description.

January 24th, 2009, 20:38
Everyone is entitled to their views on Pattaya Passion, as they are to their views on any board or site. After all if one size fits all was the rule then the world would be a boring place. Just like if we all were attracted to the boy then most of the bars in town would be out of business. Different people want different things.

Phase one of any website usually needs development. I know PP has listened to constructive comments received about the first design in working on the redesign. Will Phase 2 answer them all... I doubt it... You can't please all of the people all of the time!!!

It's true that Pattaya Passion has different standards of acceptability to Sawatdee Gay Thailand. But every board has it's own standards as dictated by administrators and moderators. There is, however, no need for a common perspective and friendly banter is quite acceptable.

Smiles, I should have realised that you were 'Nice Thai Guy'... after all who else could it be!!!

January 25th, 2009, 10:26
i think what saturday says makes sense. it is different from this board and thaats a good thing. if it were the same then there would be no need for it. bottom line is that many people really like it and if you dont you dont have to visit. but i think we can all agree it is good to know what choices are out there not just for the people who post aall the time here but for all the others who just read and maybe would like to try it. when phase two goes off try it again. you may find you like it. i remember the early days of this board and it was nothing like it is today.

January 25th, 2009, 11:25
Is this phase two or something else?

*deleted by oogleman on request*

Somebody posted it on TT

January 25th, 2009, 12:56
looks like just a test site. i think well have to wait until 5 febrary to see the full site in its complete form.

jinks
January 25th, 2009, 15:18
looks like just a test site. i think well have to wait until 5 febrary to see the full site in its complete form.

Quite right, a PM request to delete the links has been accomodated .