View Full Version : Pattaya Hotels

January 21st, 2009, 20:43
Hello

I'm looking for a hotel in the Boyz Town area to stay in over Christmas 2009. I'll be staying one week (inc Christmas) in Pattaya and one week (inc new year) in Bangkok.

I'm not really interested in spending time around Sunee Plaza, so expect to spend much of my time around Boys Town and Jomtien.

I'm wanting to book asap in order to ensure that I get a reservation. Should I look first at Ambiance, Le Cafe Royale or Ibis Pattaya? What are the benefits/downsides to each of those places?

This will be my first trip so I'd really appreciate it if you could get back to me and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

jinks
January 21st, 2009, 22:39
Both are in the middle of the action. no lift, as yet, at Cafe Royale.
Both are clean and well serviced. The superior rooms are much better than the standard ones.
A few of the Ambiance rooms look out on the alley !

I use and recommend http://www.poseidon-pattaya.com in the Jomtien Complex.

However I am waiting for The Venue to announce its opening.

When you have decided and booked add your dates to our Calendar.
Mine are in for the same period already :queen:

January 22nd, 2009, 06:07
For Boystown I highly recommend the Ambiance. The top floor rooms have a nice balcony over looking the soi. Right in the middle of the fun, excellent and long term staff, and nice accomodations. They really look out for their guests and taking one or more friends back to the room is no problem at all.

January 24th, 2009, 00:03
Since you mention Jomtien, why not consider the Welcome Jomtien?

It is far superior to the Welcome Plaza across the road from Boyztown and there are plenty of Baht buses to get you to Boyztown at any time of the day or night. It's a little more expensive that the WP but there's no comparison in the standard of the rooms. I think I paid around 1600B for a deluxe suite.

I found the staff friendly and no hassles at all.

Book direct with the hotel and you will not only get a discount (ask for it) but no joiner charge - they do however impose a joiner charge if you book through the discount sites as they seem to see it as a way to get the discount back!

Just a suggestion

http://www.welcome.co.th/index.htm