PDA

View Full Version : The Wild West Warm-up show

bao-bao
January 21st, 2009, 06:00
I was walking along Second Road around 10pm one evening last month when I heard music coming from Soi 2. I walked down to see what was going on and from the corner could see some of the dancers from Wild West Boys out in front of the club, going through some routines. There were a dozen or so watching from the far side of soi and I joined in, pleased to be seeing a short show without having to buy anyone a drink!

You can click on the image to increase the size, and click on the arrow to slideshow to the next image. [Nice feature, Elephantspike!]

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gallery/image.php?album_id=26&image_id=2791

Their "show" was interrupted by traffic every so often, but it was still fun - and this beats the hell out of touts! HereтАЩs another of them dancingтАж you can see the Christmas decorations behind them:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gallery/image.php?album_id=26&image_id=2790

HereтАЩs the group, before they headed inside to do the 10:30pm showтАж The one front and center is just TOO cute.

By the wayтАж if you remember a post I did a while back about visiting a gogo boyтАЩs room the alleyway I was led back into is behind the guys posing below.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gallery/image.php?album_id=26&image_id=2792

I think it's a great idea, and hope they continue to do it. It works, too: I went to see the show before I left town.

neddy3
January 21st, 2009, 12:53
Great photos, bao-bao.

And a nice feature which allows them to be blown up in size. Good one, Spike.

The show in front of WildWestBoys is a nightly feature, and worth a look if nearby. It is, of course, designed to lure customers into the bar for the full show, and a drink of course.
It can bring the soi to a halt; I notice all the girls and customers in bars across the street come out for a look at the show.

WWB is a popular bar with good shows, and can be very busy even in low season. Seems they are doing something right. :thumbleft:

elephantspike
January 21st, 2009, 15:27
Isn't that a cool feature?

If I'm not mistaken, I think one of the pics you gave me for the header, Bao-bao, comes from this Wild West show, No?

bao-bao
January 21st, 2009, 18:35
Isn't that a cool feature?

If I'm not mistaken, I think one of the pics you gave me for the header, Bao-bao, comes from this Wild West show, No?
A very cool feature. Actually, it's one of the same images - I just fllipped it horizontally for the header.

...Now if there was only a way to add the "Next topic/Previous topic" links at the bottoms of the pages, I'd be a happy boy! :cheers:

Thanks for the heads up, neddy3 - I'm glad to hear that the show's a regular thing. I'll certainly take another look the next time I'm there!

jinks
January 21st, 2009, 22:33
http://www.jinks.clara.net/01ads/0129wildWest.jpg

January 21st, 2009, 23:32
I've known "Ton" who dances at "Wild West Boys" since it opened. Actually I've known Ton since I first met him at the original "Thai Boys Boys". He moved to WWB after it moved to its current position after moving from a smaller bar in the next Soi.

I thought I recognised him in the first photo but as he's not in the group shot I must be wrong. He sometimes dances outside further afield than just outside the bar and also dances "on loan" in other bars but always returns to WWB for their show.

It's been fun over the years to sit with Ton while he was dressed in a wide variety of costumes from small black leather shorts (they used to do a S&M routine) or full traditional Thai costume or dressed as a cat complete with ears and a furry tail.

When my very good friend "Neung" died unexpectedly last June it was Ton that broke the news. He knew how upset I was going to be and he was very kind.

He only dances in the show now and doesn't do the Go Go anymore and says he's too old although he looks a lot younger to me than many of the boys (he's 25).

Here he is on the left along with "Pon" who is a Go Go Boy.

Ton had changed his hair at Christmas so he looks a bit different than this photo from 6 months ago. As well as the cut it's a lot browner now (why do they do that?)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/Jons_photos/Ton__Pon.jpg

January 22nd, 2009, 17:11
I've sometimes wondered where clapped-out Bangkok go-go boys go to retire, and reviewing bao-bao's pic of five boys in back alley I now know that the answer to my question is Pattaya. Of course

January 22nd, 2009, 17:27
I've sometimes wondered where clapped-out Bangkok go-go boys go to retire, and reviewing bao-bao's pic of five boys in back alley I now know that the answer to my question is Pattaya. Of course
Are you anti Pattaya ?

January 23rd, 2009, 01:47
Are you anti Pattaya ?My distaste for seaside brothels is legendary. And then you have only to look at where almost all the truly nasty and despicable of our members resident in Thailand live (Gone Fisting and x in pattaya are two who readily come to mind. A small town attracts small minds). catawampuscat (who does live there) often bangs on about what a boring place it is to live. Almost the only poster for whom I have any respect who is a Pattaya resident is Lunchtime O'Booze. Reading posts from Pattaya residents confirms my lifelong determination never to go near the place. While Bangkok has its share of ghastly posters, a city of 8 million or whatever it is can absorb them without turning toxic

x in pattaya
January 25th, 2009, 11:35
Visited Wild West a few nights ago, about 8:30 pm.

Hope springs eternal, but most of the guys doing the on-stage shuffle did not appeal. I did see one guy whose face would not win a beauty contest, but who did have a lean, well-muscled body and he was actually dancing to the music, looking like an actual human amongst the undead.

Having chosen a seat at the end of the long padded bench and been given my "nam soda," I was then put on Ignore by the waiting staff, but eventually caught the boy's eye and he joined me after the usual sign language equivalent of "me?," "really me?," "I should come there?" I can understand the reluctance to rush over in case it was a misunderstanding. The walk back to the stage would be very long and embarrassing if I had meant someone else.

The waiting staff also had him on Ignore so he had to track someone down to order his B 99 Coke.

We did the minimum "what your name?" stuff and I was pausing a moment to allow the warm, "getting to know you" moment to wash over us, and he said, "So, you want sex?" So much for idle chatter about the weather.

I admitted that the thought had crossed my mind and he went off to get his street clothes.

In the meantime, two behemothotic American types waddled in and, despite the fact that the bar was nearly empty, chose to sit next to me. Actually one of the charmers' right butt cheeks consumed a large portion of the seat the boy had just vacated.

When the boy returned, fully dressed and headed for his seat next to me, the owner of the aforementioned butt seemed to think the boy was rushing over to hug him or something. The touristo got a healthy shove & look of revulsion for his trouble and the boy sat down. I was beginning to wonder if there would be a cover charge for the entertainment, but was quite enjoying it all.

The waiting staff steadfastly continued to ignore us even after I pulled the checks out of the check bin and the boy was energetically signaling for attention. Eventually I put the money in the check bin and we rose to leave and a waiter collected it as a charitable gesture to all concerned.

It seems the guy had only just arrived, fresh from the army in Korat. Lest this seem like some sort of fantasy misunderstanding on my part, he whipped out his mobile, pulled up a calendar and pointed to the 23rd claiming it was the date of his arrival. He then showed me a series of photos of himself in uniform in the company of his comrades-in-arms as well as a two-minute video of same and his army ID card (I think).

Oddly, heтАЩs one of the few people on earth who can actually understand some of my spoken Thai.

He was quite accommodating and pleasant. The experience was obviously new to him. I assume while in the army he had learned that this was a way to pick up some ready cash quickly and that as soon as he was discharged he came to Pattaya. Something tells me it will be a short-lived occupation since I think his heart may still be back in the village where Lulu Mae & his oxen are waiting, but it was interesting experience for us both.

Sen Yai
January 25th, 2009, 15:58
....... and he said, "So, you want sex?" So much for idle chatter about the weather.

I admitted that the thought had crossed my ming and he went off to get his street clothes.

I've never heard it referred to as that, but perhaps his direct question was prompted by the fact that your 'ming' had betrayed your thoughts already :cyclopsani:

Thanks for the entertaining read anyway

lonelywombat
January 25th, 2009, 16:20

I often wonder where the cashiered colonels go

x in pattaya
January 25th, 2009, 17:42
[quote="x in pattaya":32qqupsp]....... and he said, "So, you want sex?" So much for idle chatter about the weather.

I admitted that the thought had crossed my ming and he went off to get his street clothes.

I've never heard it referred to as that, but perhaps his direct question was prompted by the fact that your 'ming' had betrayed your thoughts already :cyclopsani:

[/quote:32qqupsp]

I don't normally discuss my ming with utter strangers, but as you say, it may have been telegraphing my thoughts.

It seems the older I get the more previewing & proofreading & editing is required and still the gremlins sneak in.

January 25th, 2009, 19:04
Visited Wild West a few nights ago, about 8:30 pm.

It seems the guy had only just arrived, fresh from the army in Korat. Lest this seem like some sort of fantasy misunderstanding on my part, he whipped out his mobile, pulled up a calendar and pointed to the 23rd claiming it was the date of his arrival. He then showed me a series of photos of himself in uniform in the company of his comrades-in-arms as well as a two-minute video of same and his army ID card (I think).

Oddly, heтАЩs one of the few people on earth who can actually understand some of my spoken Thai.

He was quite accommodating and pleasant. The experience was obviously new to him. I assume while in the army he had learned that this was a way to pick up some ready cash quickly and that as soon as he was discharged he came to Pattaya. Something tells me it will be a short-lived occupation since I think his heart may still be back in the village where Lulu Mae & his oxen are waiting, but it was interesting experience for us both.

What is his number in Wild West Boys - Would like to meet him next time. Maybe he is not loved by the Mamasan and not supported because he is maybe not willing to pay the Mamasan extra if she recommend him?

x in pattaya
January 25th, 2009, 20:04
What is his number in Wild West Boys - Would like to meet him next time. Maybe he is not loved by the Mamasan and not supported because he is maybe not willing to pay the Mamasan extra if she recommend him?

No, it was early and the waiting staff all seemed preoccupied. Everyone was being ignored without fear or favor. There was no effort to direct my attention to or away from anyone in particular. I didn't even see the bubbly mamasan who's been there the last couple of times I visited. Maybe she was late and everyone was just taking it easy.

Sorry, it's a personal prejudice. I don't give out names or numbers. Nothing to do with you, but there are some certified pyschopaths haunting this board. Obviously he's available to be offed if you visit the bar, but I don't want the few resident whack-jobs here to be certain of which one he is.

Geezer
January 26th, 2009, 09:23
X you have brightened my life.

You wrote, тАЬI did see one guy whose face would not win a beauty contest, but who did have a lean, well-muscled body and he was actually dancing to the music, looking like an actual human amongst the undead.тАЭ

As that is just my type I visited Wild West Boys to find him, armed only with that brief description. I entered about 9:00 , took a seat, ordered a nam soda (which I never drink), and scanned the prospects. I saw no one fitting XтАЭs description of the lad, and sat for fifteen minutes wondering if my search would be futile.

Then a boy took his place behind others at the dimly lit rear of the stage. While I could scarcely see him through the intervening bodies I could tell he was dancing energetically. In four or five minutes he moved to an area with better light, and BAM! His тАЬwell-muscled bodyтАЭ popped into three dimensions among his amply upholstered rivals.

I was not about to wait for the attention of a waiter. I caught the boyтАЩs eye, and went though the same "me?," "really me?," "I should come there?" routine. In moments his well defined body was beside me. I asked if the was from Khorat (yes), if he was from the army (yes), but it didnтАЩt matter. I knew I had found my man.

From his eager, animated manner it was plain that he was freshly come to Pattaya. He seemed grateful and amazed that I would off him, while I could hardly believe I had found such a treasure.

X writes the ladтАЩs face would not win a beauty contest. Perhaps not, but I found it to be masculine and slightly exotic with a couple of abrasions from Thai boxing -- and you know what wonders Thai boxing does for the abs!

When I offed him I was too hurried to notice, but if I understand the ladтАЩs sign language correctly his number is 22. By great coincidence he informs me his name is X. As Thais canтАЩt make the sss sound I hear it as тАЬEkтАЭ.

I shall see a lot of him in the future. I am greatly indebted to X -- both of them.

PS: I have just received a message from him (obviously with assistance of a friend) with his good wishes and saying that he misses me. Well, sureтАж But I certainly miss HIM. Already!

I responded with a message confirming our next date.

Thanks again, Farang X.

x in pattaya
January 26th, 2009, 13:48
X you have brightened my life.

I responded with a message confirming our next date.

Thanks again, Farang X.

Very happy for you both. He was a very pleasant boy and definitely had a nice body. I like that type too, but my LT friend remains my main attraction in life despite my periodic bouts of wanderlust. I'm glad he's found someone who appreciates his military hardware! :salute:

bao-bao
January 27th, 2009, 02:42
I received a PM right after the original post, asking if there was a clip of the "preview" show. There are two, but since they were shot with available light they're not great quality.

You can see the guys spinning around while the song taews roll by just inches away from them, though. The second clip is much longer - of the guys in vests you saw in the photos - but there's no sound, so I didn't upload that one.

[youtube:231nr4we]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKM118lLsao[/youtube:231nr4we]